Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

05/01/17 - Doug's Autographed Cards. Another '52 Topps Autographed Card!

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Mike ... I'm not the best at evaluating autos, but that Seaver looks decent to me ... looks like a rushed in person auto. I'll get all the Seavers I have and scan them for you.

EDITED TO ADD:BTW your friend didn't want to bring that photo with him to North Carolina? How small was his car? LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>Wow, only $10 bucks. Thats awesome. He sure does have an old school signature. Its very nice and very classy. Imagine having a beer with him ...the stories one would here. >>

Having "A" beer with Whitey? I'm sure there would be MANY beers and you are so right, the stories about MICK, BILLY & him would make for DAYS of very interesting listening!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>Doug.... Sweet looking cards. As always thanks for sharing. >>

Thanks Bobby ... any new additions to your Pirates collection?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hiya Doug

Very nice at twice the price!
    Mike
  • Options
    April 3, 2013

Man, I was psyched to get my 2nd Hi #'d 1952 Topps autographed card in the mail today. One of the best things about it was that I was able to pick this up for less than the price of a non autographed "PSA 1".

The man who hit the "Shot Heard 'Round the World", BOBBY THOMSON.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
    2 high numbers? There is no stopping now image

I am still working on my signed 1952 Topps Yankee team set. I have been stuck for a while. I am at 18 or 19 diff ones out of 29.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>April 3, 2013

Man, I was psyched to get my 2nd Hi #'d 1952 Topps autographed card in the mail today. One of the best things about it was that I was able to pick this up for less than the price of a non autographed "PSA 1".
    >>

Very nice, but it looks like you missed out on this one! image
  • Options

<< <i>Very nice, but it looks like you missed out on this one! image >>

Yeah, I saw that one earlier today. Just a CRAZY price ... but one of the heavy hitters probably picked it up and $14K is just a drop in the bucket to him!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Rob,

I'll keep an eye out for any Yankees that I come across that you may need.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Do any of you TTM guys have a current home address for former Cardinal/Met Dr. Ron Taylor?

The Alvin Avenue and c/o Blue Jays addresses have not worked for some time.

Thank you!
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doug... Great addition to your collection with the Thompson.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    Thanks Bobby ... I was VERY happy with the price I paid.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    APRIL 26, 2013

I was very happy to add these two Brooklyn Dodgers to my '52 set in progress.

RALPH BRANCA - you don't see a lot of these around

CLYDE KING - not in great shape, but I paid about 1/2 of the going price
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    I also have a Carl Erskine for sale/trade.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Doug!!! Another two off the list.

Looks like Clyde King needs his glasses on.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    Doug..... great new additions to your collection and Brooklyn Dodgers to boot with 42 hitting the screen two weeks ago.
  • Options
    BTW I'm still waiting for you to pickup a Dick Groat. image
  • Options

<< <i>BTW I'm still waiting for you to pickup a Dick Groat. image >>

Bobby ... I got real lucky with the prices I paid for the two Hi #s I have. I'd love to get that lucky with a Groat!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Since I had a few PMs about the Erskine ... I'd prefer to trade for other autographed 52s I do not have or possibly for Seaver or Reggie Jackson autographed cards.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    MAY 10, 2013

Purchased this from board member BKritz. THANKS again Brian!

FERRIS FAIN

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Just a reminder ... if anyone has any autographed '52 Topps available please send me a PM with details. THANKS.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Still interested in autographed 52's I do not have.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    JULY 11, 2013

I was able to pick up two more '52's. This puts me at 158 different cards from the set. These are the first ones I picked up in two months.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    Thanks Eric ... it's a fun project ... one that will take a long time, even though I will never complete it.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doug, you're focus is impressive! A great collection!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭
    Great cards Doug. Would loved to have seen Roberts pitch, 19 years in the bigs is a great career. Doug
  • Options
    Thanks Tim. I'm trying to concentrate on this set.

Doug ... yeah, 19 years is a long time to pitch.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    I'm still looking for autographed Topps '52s to add to my set.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    July 17, 2013

DUTCH LEONARD

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    GRGR Posts: 550 ✭✭
    I used wikipedia to search him and the first name that came up was the left hander who died in 1952, i was like that has to be the only one ever o-o Very nice piece and a crisp signature too, congrats (:
    Nathan Wagner
  • Options

<< <i>I used wikipedia to search him and the first name that came up was the left hander who died in 1952, i was like that has to be the only one ever o-o Very nice piece and a crisp signature too, congrats (: >>

Yeah, that is the "other" Dutch Leonard. If this guy died in '52, man what a piece this would be! THIS Dutch Leonard was born in 1909 and died in 1983. He played ball from 1933 - 1953. It's still a nice one to have of a guy who died 30 years ago.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    AUGUST 8, 2013
    I already have Mr. Jethroe in a Red Back (PSA/DNA slabbed), but when I was able to get this Black Back so cheap, I said what the hell!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    LOVE IT!!!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    Nothing too great, but I picked these up for very decent prices.

I collect REGGIE and picked it up off eBay:

Picked this up from a Board Member at an extremely reasonable price:

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    The Red Flip sub that John sent in came back last week. I had about 20 '52's slabbed. Here are two of the better ones.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    For the few PMs I had ... yes, some of the cards I recently had slabbed will be for sale. I hope to put them on my B/S/T thread this week.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    October 8, 2013

One more for the '52 set - Johnny Klippstein.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Two new cards came in today. Got a VERY good deal on both on eBay.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Have a few more coming soon. Can't wait to get them.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    OCTOBER 24, 2013

One more to add to my '52 set, thanks to Brian (Bkritz)

WALT MASTERSON
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    BkritzBkritz Posts: 1,093 ✭✭
    Happy to help out, Doug! Sorry to see that Topps cut that Masterson in a way that would make my two year old son feel embarrassed!
  • Options
    NOVEMBER 6, 2013
    I worked out a deal with a non-board member for ten autographed 1952 Topps cards for my set. Took over three months for the deal to work out, as most of these were sitting at PSA/DNA waiting to be slabbed.

The seller was a great guy and was very reasonable with his prices. One thing I was disappointed in (I guess this is my fault, as I should have insisted on scans of the cards) was the fact that a couple of the cards were badly miscut and one has the two lower corners clipped. If I were selling these I would have pointed out those negatives. That being said, here are the ten that I am very happy to add to my set!

I didn't realize that this has the auto on the reverse. I'll have to replace this one as well in the future. I hope I can find one with such a bold signature on the front.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    Awesome, Doug!

Where are you as far as the set goes for the low series?
  • Options
    Thank Barry.

Low Series: 167/310

High Series 2/97

I also have about 5 - 10 duplicates.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    That is a great accomplishment thus far!
  • Options

<< <i>That is a great accomplishment thus far! >>

Thanks Barry ... now it's going to start getting difficult finding the ones I need for a good price. But I'm in no rush ... this is a long-term project.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice Job Doug!

Bill
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Thanks Bill. I don't see a lot of the ones I need but it's fun looking for them and building the set SLOWLY.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hiya Doug

That's an incredible lot of 52s!

I've got a few of those cards - not auto'ed.

Good show! image
    Mike