Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

05/01/17 - Doug's Autographed Cards. Another '52 Topps Autographed Card!

Comments

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>image >>

Careful, that's how they get you addicted! First, a FREE bag and then the next bag will only be $20, then $50, then $100... before you know it, you'll be spending $1,000s! image >>

Even for Wrigley dirt???
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Come on guys ... we all know that NOTHING from Fenway is valuable! LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    I have not had a good return percentage when I sent cards to Spring Training. Wondering if I should try again this year. Anyone have any opinions?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    downtowndowntown Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>image >>

Careful, that's how they get you addicted! First, a FREE bag and then the next bag will only be $20, then $50, then $100... before you know it, you'll be spending $1,000s! image >>

So true, haha
    I collect Seattle Pilots autographs, 1969 Topps autographs, Signed Mickey Mantle Home Run History cards and have a JC Martin collection (he was my college Baseball coach)
    Doug
  • Options
    So who wants that Fenway Dirt for $50.00? LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    BenG76BenG76 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So who wants that Fenway Dirt for $50.00? LOL >>

I got a bag as well when I requested a fan pack. As for spring training this will be my first one sending out. I think I will do a mix of ones that almost always sign but I will try some of the harder guys as well.
  • Options
    Ben ... on February 22, 2010 I sent the following to Spring Training. Here are the results:

Ryan Howard
    Shane Victorino
    Jonathan Papelbon (01/24/11 … sent back unsigned with form letter)
    Jacoby Ellsbury (01/04/13 ... almost 3 yrs. Did not sign cards but sent other items)
    Alex Rodriguez
    Mark Teixeira
    Nick Swisher
    Curtis Grandersoon (03/08/10 … did not sign my card but sent me a signed postcard pic)
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    I was real happy to be able to add these four cards to my autographed '52 Topps set. I used part of the profit I made from selling a raw '52 House (the rare yellow Tiger/Logo variation) to purchase these.

HARRY BRECHEEN - Died 2004

HOOT EVERS - Died 1991

PAUL RICHARDS - Died 1986

HENRY MAJESKI - Died 1991
    Check out the unusual signature. Pretty cool how it's dated from 1958!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    wronglegwrongleg Posts: 441 ✭✭
    Nice additions Doug!
  • Options
    BenG76BenG76 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭
    Nice additions. I love those older auto'd cards.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭
    that Majeski (former Oriole) is very cool

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Great job tracking those babies down Doug. image

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doug... Those really POP in the PSA holders. All those cards have great color, great additions to your collection.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    Joel - Thanks.

Ben - Thanks, I also like when I get an old signature.

Bill - I agree. I think that the Majeski is probably the only one like it around. I guess you can say he is an ex-Oriole- he did have 7 hits for them in his career! LOL

Mike - Thanks. They are getting harder and herder to find at a decent price.

Bobby - Thanks. I agree that the colors show up very well.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    These cards were shown on this thread when they were RAW. Just got them back as part of the huge submission John made for the board members. Very happy I was 15 for 15.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Nice Doug!
  • Options
    Thanks Mark. Felt good getting that Hi # in a slab!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    YOGI!!!!!!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    Great job, I love the Yogi too!!!

Collecting:
  • Options
    Thanks Eric and Mike. I bought that Yogi in a PSA 2.5 holder ... cracked it out ... and had it signed IP at Steiners in Roosevelt Field about 1.5 - 2 years ago, IIRC.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Herman!! How many high numbers do you have at this point?
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options

<< <i>Nice Herman!! How many high numbers do you have at this point? >>

Thanks Evan. That's the only one. I was VERY LUCKY to pick it up for a GREAT price. The Hi#s are too expensive for my budget.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭
    Love, love, love them all Doug. The Majeski is indeed awesome and the Berra is equally cool. Thanks for sharing. The other Doug
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    nice 52's!!!

they look great
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Thanks Doug and Fred. The more I look at the Majeski the more I like it.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Anytime I can pick up an autographed slabbed Seaver for $20.00, I'm buying it!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    great pick up on the seaver

wow $20

nice
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options

<< <i>great pick up on the seaver; wow $20; nice >>

Thanks Fred ... yeah, for $20.00 how could I say no?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    TOMMY BYRNE - It's always fun to pick up a new '52 I did not have.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

I just picked up a 1952 high series nickle pack to bust open, who are the money cards to look for. image

Collecting:
  • Options

<< <i>I just picked up a 1952 high series nickle pack to bust open, who are the money cards to look for.image >>

Mike ... keep an eye out for:
    318 - Hal Gregg
    325 - Bill Serena
    335 - Ted Lepcio and
    399 - Jim Fridley

I collect old Yankee cards, even if they are not that valuable. If you come across any Yankee Topps Rookies in your pack I would pay Upwards of $100.00 each.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Always looking to pick up autographed '52 Topps that I need for my set.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    I really need to send out some more TTMs. Been WAY too long.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    vettfanaticvettfanatic Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I really need to send out some more TTMs. Been WAY too long. >>

Feel free to send me any card. I'll be sure to sign it and get it back to you. image

Jeff
  • Options
    Real nice day for additions to my collection. I came back from Tampa today (weather pretty much sucked) and these were waiting for me.

TWO MORE to add to my '52 Topps Set:

A couple of '51 Bowmans:

This was a TTM that took 3 months to get back:

This came from a trade with Evan (Orioles93):

And these six SEAVER cards came from Steve Hart. Thanks for the great deal Steve:

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow Doug - that's a very busy day!

I only got one game in the mail.

Why all the Seavers? I guess ya can't have enough? Congratulations.
    Mike
  • Options
    vettfanaticvettfanatic Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    Nice cards. Looks like somebody has a crush on Seaver. image

Jeff
  • Options

<< <i>Nice cards. Looks like somebody has a crush on Seaver. image
    Jeff >>

<< <i>Why all the Seavers? I guess ya can't have enough? Congratulations. Mike >>

There are three players that I collect: THE MICK, SEAVER and REGGIE. Since I also enjoy collecting autographed cards ('52 Topps, etc...) I began collecting the above players in autographed form if I can get them for a good price.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Nice cards. Looks like somebody has a crush on Seaver. image
    Jeff >>

<< <i>Why all the Seavers? I guess ya can't have enough? Congratulations. Mike >>

There are three players that I collect: THE MICK, SEAVER and REGGIE. Since I also enjoy collecting autographed cards ('52 Topps, etc...) I began collecting the above players in autographed form if I can get them for a good price. >>

Congrats on the Seavers!!! If I were into autos, I'd have a complete run of Seaver base cards signed. Way to go Doug.

Collecting:
  • Options
    Running Total: The above two autographed '52 Topps brings my total to 152 different from that set. Knowing that I am going to obtain but a few Hi #s, I am almost 1/2 way to completing the set EXCLUDING the Hi #s.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Very nice! image
    -Aries
    The Zodiac Collection
    My PC: The Zodiac Collection
  • Options
    Thanks guys. It's always nice to be able to pick up a '52 that I need. As I said in my prior post, Steve Hart gave me a nice deal on the Seavers. I was happy to be able to add to the collection. All 6 were ones I did not have.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Mike ... it would be nice to get a run of Topps Seaver's autographed. I do have a nice '68 slabbed auto as well. Not sure what others I have. I need to go thru them and find out.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    A couple of weeks ago I read on another Forum that Whitey Ford was signing TTM from his home in Florida. What really drew my attention was that he was doing so for only $10.00 per card. For that price I figured I would send out two. Well, after only nine days, I received back the following. THANKS MR. FORD!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    10.00 per card? He was up to 35 per card at one point. I also saw where people are suspecting his wife started to sign some of his stuff....but yours look fine, Doug....congrats!
  • Options
    Barry ... yeah, these two look good. If you go to his website there is a fee schedule and the fees are MUCH higher. That's why I tried sending to him in Florida. The below was copied and pasted from his website:

Now, exclusively through WhiteyFord.Com, you can have your own personal items autographed by Whitey! Just follow the instructions below:

Ship your items via USPS to:

WhiteyFord.Com
    PO Box 160
    Sea Cliff, NY 11579

Please include check or money order payable to WhiteyFord.Com and include a return SASE. A portion of the proceeds go to the Whitey Ford Children's Foundation.

Prices:

Baseballs $50.00
    Baseball Cards $40.00
    Photographs (8x10) $50.00
    Photographs larger than 8x10 $60.00
    Bats $75.00
    Jerseys $75.00
    Gloves $75.00
    Books $45.00
    Magazines $60.00
    These inscriptions can be added:

HOF '74 add $20
    CY '61 add $20

Please note that items could take up to 3 weeks to be returned.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doug.... Sweet looking cards. As always thanks for sharing.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    Wow, only $10 bucks. Thats awesome. He sure does have an old school signature. Its very nice and very classy. Imagine having a beer with him ...the stories one would here.
  • Options

<< <i>Mike ... it would be nice to get a run of Topps Seaver's autographed. I do have a nice '68 slabbed auto as well. Not sure what others I have. I need to go thru them and find out. >>

The only Seaver auto I have is on his 1968 card too, but it isn't slabbed. Maybe I'll take it with me to the National this year to get slabbed. What do you think Doug?

BTW, those Whitey autos look great. I actually have this signed picture I got from a buddy I played hockey with that moved to North Carolina and didn't want it bring it along.

Collecting: