Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

05/01/17 - Doug's Autographed Cards. Another '52 Topps Autographed Card!

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Thanks Mike. Hope all is going well with you.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    Great job, Doug. What's your current total on the set?
  • Options

<< <i>Great job, Doug. What's your current total on the set? >>

Thank Mike.

Low Series: 167/310

High Series 2/97

I also have about 5 - 10 duplicates.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    If anyone has any autographed '52 Topps I'd be interested in them if I need them for my set.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Can't believe how few autographed '52 Topps (decent looking at a fair price) are popping up lately.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Can't believe how few autographed '52 Topps (decent looking at a fair price) are popping up lately. >>

Hang in there Doug.

Has the set ever come up complete with autos? I've seen partial sets but never an entire one.

Mike
  • Options
    Mike ... it may have, but I have NEVER seen a complete set for sale. If I had to guess I would say nobody has a complete set. I am sure many people have them raw, but I doubt anyone has them all. If you look at the POP REPORT you will see that there are dozens with a POP of "1", although there are no "ZERO POPS".
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    JANUARY 2, 2014
    It's been a couple of months since I have had an addition to my autographed '52 Topps Set.

HARRY "P'NUTS" LOWREY

I have been told that back in the day kids would erase the facsimile signature and ask the player to sign in the same spot.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭
    great job Doug! I've never seen mention of the year a player died on a flip before........

keep up the good work!

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Thanks Bill.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Friday February 7, 2014

It's been a while since I picked up any new autographed cards. Here are two PSA/DNA Slabbed Seavers I just received. These are the 16th and 17th different autographed Seavers now in my collection.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    No Seaver fans? Mike???
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>No Seaver fans? Mike??? >>

Sorry, I was busy changing my appearance. image

Those two are really nice although the Hostess one stands out better. Always loved that card. I need to get my 1968 Seaver slabbed into a blue flip, maybe at this year's National.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    I love those vintage cards signed in blue ballpoint ink

Nice job Doug!

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Thanks again Mike and Bill.

Mike ... get that '68 slabbed. I have one sitting in a PSA/DNA holder. It's on this thread SOMEWHERE!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭✭
    I have an Andy Pafko like that.

<< <i>JANUARY 2, 2014
    It's been a couple of months since I have had an addition to my autographed '52 Topps Set.

HARRY "P'NUTS" LOWREY

I have been told that back in the day kids would erase the facsimile signature and ask the player to sign in the same spot. >>

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Options

<< <i>I have an Andy Pafko like that. >>

That was a pretty good idea that kids had back then.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Won another '52 last night. Will post when I receive it.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Just got the mail. On April 18, 2011 I sent a Diamond Shamrock SA Spurs card to JOHNNY DAWKINS, along with my usual letter, asking for an autograph.

Today, almost THREE YEARS later, I get the card back. It was in the same condition that it was when I sent it ... UNSIGNED.

THREE YEARS to say "Sorry, I don't sign TTMs." LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image Classic.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Mike .. I hear stories like this every so often. I always wondered what the athlete did with the card for three years. Kept it in a safe spot and then all of a sudden said let me send it back to the owner? You would think that if he didn't bother to sign it he would not bother to send it back after that much time passed.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    FEB 22, 2014

Added one more to my autographed '52 Topps collection. It's getting harder and harder to find these at decent prices. This is the 170th different one I have for my set. It's the first '52 I added since January 2, 2014 and only the 2nd one in the past 3+ months.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Hoping it does not take another 1-2 months to find my next one.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    thekid8thekid8 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭
    Hey Doug
    Remember its not the card but the chase that makes it fun --- thats what i keep telling myself on my Carter HR quest image
    Mike
    Gary Carter Fans check out www.thekid8.com

• Options

<< <i>Hoping it does not take another 1-2 months to find my next one. >>

Just bid higher..no wait dont do that
  • Options
    Ted ... have not been able to bid too much on the cards ... will not be bidding you up ... dont worry about that. Just hope Talmer doesnt.need the same card you do. LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

<< <i>Hey Doug
    Remember its not the card but the chase that makes it fun --- thats what i keep telling myself on my Carter HR quest image
    Mike >>

Mike ... you are so right about that. I guess the good part is that it will take so many years to put together the majority of the set (I will NEVER get many hi numbers and superstars) that I won't spend a lot of money each year!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

<< <i>FEB 22, 2014

Added one more to my autographed '52 Topps collection. It's getting harder and harder to find these at decent prices. This is the 170th different one I have for my set. It's the first '52 I added since January 2, 2014 and only the 2nd one in the past 3+ months.

image >>

Nice pickup Doug!!! You are in good shape, I think you've got another 40 years of collecting to get all those 1952 autos.

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
    Doug, this is a really neat thread. I am going to back to its inception and read forward, so I can see all of your cool autos.
  • Options
    George Kell, the Oklahoma cowboy. Grew up watching him and Al Kaline do Tigers games on TV and listening to Ernie Harwell and Paul Carey on the radio. Great memories.
    If you can count your money, you don't have a billion dollars. J Paul Getty
  • Options
    I have a 1948 exhibits Kell that I love. If it didn't have a word written on the back it would be in a slab. Front and corners are beautiful.
  • Options

<< <i>Nice pickup Doug!!! You are in good shape, I think you've got another 40 years of collecting to get all those 1952 autos. >>

Mike, you might as well give me another 44 yrs and 2 months ... that way I'll be a 100 yr old collector! LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Good stuff Doug! Glad to see you still plugging along.
  • Options
    John and Matt ... THANKS! I have slowed down quite a bit but maybe I'll start sending out some more TTMs. That was a lot of fun, although quite time consuming.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Mike ... what autographed cards of Seaver do you have?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

<< <i>Mike ... what autographed cards of Seaver do you have? >>

Just this one...

Collecting:
  • Options
    sweet!
  • Options
    Nice one Mike. I remembered that you had one from the 60's, but was not sure which one. I also have a 68 and really like it.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    March 10, 2014

One more new one for my PSA/DNA slabbed Seaver collection:

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful signature--like a work of art! Each letter is in perfect proportion to the next!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Beautiful signature--like a work of art! Each letter is in perfect proportion to the next! >>

Yeah Tim ... he does have a great signature ... much better than his personality! LOL Yeah, I still collect him, because he was my favorite pitcher growing up.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Beautiful signature--like a work of art! Each letter is in perfect proportion to the next! >>

Yeah Tim ... he does have a great signature ... much better than his personality! LOL Yeah, I still collect him, because he was my favorite pitcher growing up. >>

+1 to everything you said Doug.

Nice pickup!!!

Collecting:
  • Options
    Another great looking auto Doug, congrats!
  • Options
    April 14, 2014

Picked up another PSA/DNA Seaver that I did not have.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Always looking for autographed Seaver and Reggie cards that I do not have.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Just made a trade for a signed '52 Hi number. It's one of the easier ones to obtain, but I'm still psyched to get it. Will post it when it arrives.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Hoping to get it by Monday.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    April 21, 2014
    Very happy to be able to add a 3rd HI # to my set. The autograph and front of the card present very well. Looks like the card was once glued into some kid's scrapbook ... a kid who is probably now in his 70's!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Well done Doug! How many signed 52's do you now have?

IMF
  • Options
    TalmerTalmer Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Nice card Doug! The front presents really well.