Home Sports Talk
Options

The 2009 Red Sox Championship run thread

Comments

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red Sox fans, how is Ramon Ramirez doing? Is he getting much work? Eighth inning mainly? He was great last year for KC.

Crisp has been great in centerfield this year so far, several great catches already. Batting avg. is a little low, but he's walked a lot.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    edmundfitzgeraldedmundfitzgerald Posts: 4,306 ✭✭
    Ramirez is doing great. Please trade us Zack G. next year please. Thank you in advance. RSN.
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭

<< <i>Red Sox fans, how is Ramon Ramirez doing? Is he getting much work? Eighth inning mainly? He was great last year for KC.

Crisp has been great in centerfield this year so far, several great catches already. Batting avg. is a little low, but he's walked a lot. >>

Just gave up his first run of the season last night. Looks like the early returns have both teams benefiting in this trade.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Red Sox fans, how is Ramon Ramirez doing? Is he getting much work? Eighth inning mainly? He was great last year for KC.

Crisp has been great in centerfield this year so far, several great catches already. Batting avg. is a little low, but he's walked a lot. >>

I like Crisp, and he was a key contributor to the 2007 WS win. But he should start and not be a backup, so I think the trade was good for him. I would have liked to see them move JD Blew instead, but nobody will pick up that bloated contract for a chronically hurt player.
  • Options
    BAY!!!!
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    They need to resign Bay while they can.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not many things are better than beating the Yanks.
  • Options
  • Options
    Manny Who?

• Options
    Mannywood: .348 6 18 .491 .640 , Salary: $25 million, Age: 36

Jason Bay: .322 7 25 .487 .644 , Salary: $7.8 million, Age: 30

May turn out not to be a bad trade, even after eating $7 million of Mannywood's 2008 salary.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no Youkilis, no Ellsbury, I think Francoma decided it was a loss before handing in the lineup card -- why else stick with Masterson longer than 4+ innings -- which seems to be what he is built for this year.
  • Options
    Tonight no Youklis, Ellsbury, or Ortiz. And Julio Lugo batting leadoff...UGH!

I stand corrected for this game!
  • Options

<< <i>Tonight no Youklis, Ellsbury, or Ortiz. And Julio Lugo batting leadoff...UGH! >>

no Ortiz helps, the Luso thing, well you know my thoughts on that.

At least the staff ace is pitching image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Tonight no Youklis, Ellsbury, or Ortiz. And Julio Lugo batting leadoff...UGH! >>

no Ortiz helps, the Luso thing, well you know my thoughts on that.

At least the staff ace is pitching image >>

Yeah I know how you feel about Luso. I am that way with Nancy Drew. My son says he's okay...yeah look at his BA with runners on base. OUCH.

You're right about Wake. Hopefully this lineup can get him some runs!
  • Options
    How very nice to come home in the 6th and hit rewind to see the Sox tie a record with 12 runs in a row at the start of an inning without an out. Good stuff.
  • Options

<< <i>How very nice to come home in the 6th and hit rewind to see the Sox tie a record with 12 runs in a row at the start of an inning without an out. Good stuff. >>

tied a major league record for runs scored in an inning before the first out.
  • Options
    Wow, nice offensive explosion. Hopefully Bay is not taking female fertility drugs.
  • Options

<< <i>Wow, nice offensive explosion. Hopefully Bay is not taking female fertility drugs. >>

• Options
    I know Luso had a good game at the plate, I fear now that Tito will believe in him and consider batting him near the begining of the lineup again image
  • Options

<< <i>I know Luso had a good game at the plate, I fear now that Tito will believe in him and consider batting him near the begining of the lineup again image >>

Is Luso better then Papi now ?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I know Luso had a good game at the plate, I fear now that Tito will believe in him and consider batting him near the begining of the lineup again image >>

Is Luso better then Papi now ? >>

about the only hitters not better than Ortiz now are Kottaras and Bailey
  • Options
    Luso batting 9th today.
    How much longer is Penny in the rotation? Okay, he got through 6 innings today so that's not too bad.
  • Options
    Please sign Jason Bay.

That is all, thank you.
  • Options

<< <i>Please sign Jason Bay.

That is all, thank you. >>

Too late to sign him for reasonable money now.
  • Options

<< <i>

Too late to sign him for reasonable money now. >>

if JD Blew makes $14 million per year...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

if JD Blew makes $14 million per year... >>

I was thinking the same thing. Just sign him!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

if JD Blew makes $14 million per year... >>

I was thinking the same thing. Just sign him! >>

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    Well at least I don't have to hear the Rays homer announcers today, but now I've got to deal with McCarver. UGGGH.

GO SOX
  • Options
    I can't believe that MLB is thinking of taking away the 2 Red Sox World Series titles just because Manny was illegally juicing as far back as 2004. Can you imagine how much cheese it's gonna take to pacify the Sox fans while they're whining? It just might cause a mass exodus from Massachusetts to Wisconsin -- and boy would that ever tick off the good folks in Wisconsin!!
  • Options

<< <i>Well at least I don't have to hear the Rays homer announcers today, but now I've got to deal with McCarver. UGGGH.

GO SOX >>

"mute"
  • Options
    Mute, yeah good point Barndog!

Did you hear Eckersely make fun of that Indian player who tried to stretch a single into a double? The replays showed he beat the throw, but he was called out. Eckersley said he was stupid for trying to do it since his team was down by 11 so he's out. Good stuff.
  • Options
    Congrats to Baldelli on his first HR as a Red Sox!

• Options

<< <i>Mute, yeah good point Barndog!

Did you hear Eckersely make fun of that Indian player who tried to stretch a single into a double? The replays showed he beat the throw, but he was called out. Eckersley said he was stupid for trying to do it since his team was down by 11 so he's out. Good stuff. >>

I couldn't listen to Eck for a whole season, but yes, that was awesome. Political correctness, baseball-flavored, is not his strong suit, which makes him enjoyable as a commentator. He even has Orsillo talking about "high cheese" now.

Nice homer by Baldelli, but he looks rather uncomfortable playing RF
  • Options
    Bailey is worse than Giambi at first. Maybe worse than Ortiz
  • Options
    the 2009 Lester does not seem to be too good. We need the 2008 version.
  • Options
    7 hits in the 5th...come on get him outta there~
  • Options
    "7 hits in the 5th...come on get him outta there~", he whined.

I'm tellin' ya, you could really use some cheese with that ... image
  • Options

<< <i>7 hits in the 5th...come on get him outta there~ >>

the ability of Sox starters to give four quality innings is unrivaled this year image
  • Options

<< <i>

the ability of Sox starters to give four quality innings is unrivaled this year image >>

Fortunately we have a great bullpen and lots of help in the organization when needed. It's a long year but Lester's struggles are troubling. I think in the long run he'll be okay though.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

the ability of Sox starters to give four quality innings is unrivaled this year image >>

Fortunately we have a great bullpen and lots of help in the organization when needed. It's a long year but Lester's struggles are troubling. I think in the long run he'll be okay though. >>

Lester, Beckett, Penny, and Masterson seem to be experts at "a solid four" -- no bullpen in the world can back that up for an entire season. Where's a healthy Smoltz and Matsuzaka when you need them?
  • Options
    You're right, how long can we expect Wake to carry us? Well even with the pitching woes we're in a lot better shape than other teams and it's only May!
  • Options
    What time do da boys from Beantown start playing today?
    Down by 9 in the 7th, they obviously haven't started yet. image
  • Options

<< <i>What time do da boys from Beantown start playing today?
    ; >>

The same time the KC Royals get a ring. Would you like us to post a few picks of what they look like. image
  • Options
    Is Luso our 2nd best hitter for average as of now image

It almost hurts to admit that image
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Red Sox game denied to me again this Saturday. I even got NESN from Directv to back up my MLB extra innings package, which didn't have the game. Then I see the Braves-Phillies on the National Channel. I go to NESN ( chan 628) and is says "game not available in your area"! What??? I'm at least 300 miles from Tampa, and I know I'm 1,000 miles from Boston. I would rather dig dirt than watch the Braves-Phillies, so, I did exactly that. On the bright side, looks like I didn't miss much of a game, last I looked, 14-5 in the 7th. ouch.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>What time do da boys from Beantown start playing today?
    ; >>

The same time the KC Royals get a ring. Would you like us to post a few picks of what they look like. image >>

They won one in 1985. Perhaps you were not born then, but you should also have some basic knowledge of recent WS history. They had this pretty good player named George Brett . . . .
  • Options
    Luso has NO Range!! Can he even dive a little bit? Geez, Lowell could probably play SS better, gimp hip and all.

Ok, he is hitting well (so far), but $9 million is a lot for a pinch hitter.
  • Options
    Hopefully Josh Becket can play the role of Staff Ace tonight.
  • Options
    good news! Javier Timlin-Lopez has been designated for assignment. Sweet.

Daniel Bard is moving up to the big league club to take the open roster spot

boston.com link
  • Options
    I must have had a dream...it sure looked like Varitek threw out a runner at second base. Was that photoshopped or real? image