Home Sports Talk
Options

The 2009 Red Sox Championship run thread

Comments

• Options
    lets go TRIBE image

sigh. its a pipe dream, but perhaps Carmoron can pitch a decent game, unfortunately jonny lester is on my fantasy squad (but so is kerry wood) I will cheer for a good one run game image
  • Options
    Carmoron?? Geez, always the hater. image
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Well Lester didn't get you too many points I don't think!
  • Options

<< <i>here's a pleasant surprise: JD Blew is not in the lineup tonight. Injured vagina again.

Unfortunately, Youkilis is out too. Team says he's sore from getting hit by a pitch yesterday, but truth is likely that he blew out an artery in rage over the inability to catch a perfectly-thrown baseball demonstrated by both Luso and Timlin-Lopez >>

I just read that again. I think you're right. I fell asleep and had to rewind it to see the look on Youk's face.
    Well after tonight's game the Sox are coming here to cowbell country. If there's a worse giveaway at a stadium I don't know what it is!
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lester pounded the top half of the strike zone tonight...not usually a good thing at the major league level
  • Options
    regardless of what Papelbon does in the bottom of the tenth, game ball today goes to Van Every. He was having a notable game all night in the field and at the plate. The homer in the tenth is icing.
  • Options

Whew....nice comeback and great game by Van Every!
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    Another nice win last night! The bullpen, despite the walks last night, has been very effective.
  • Options
    seems JD Blew's yeast infection has cleared up, he's back in the lineup tonight.
  • Options
  • Options
    in case anyone hasn't noticed, this is a year in which we should expect disappointment from Josh Suckett. So the Sox ace this year is Tim Wakefield. After Wakefield, it's the bullpen that has been doing very well. Can't think of anyone else. Yikes.
  • Options
    You might be right. Nobody except Wake as done much this year. Thankfully the bullpen in is top notch?

How can Garza look so good against the Sox? Perfect through 5? (hoping the jinx works)
  • Options
    Garza looks great, perfect through six. Congrats to him for a wonderful performance, no matter how long it lasts.
  • Options

<< <i>

How can Garza look so good against the Sox? >>

Because he is good??? image
  • Options
    good job for Garza, even though the perfect game and no-hitter is gone

• Options

<< <i>good job for Garza, even though the perfect game and no-hitter is gone

>>

Yep, tough way to lose it on an infield single.

Pedroia was safe by a mile on that last call.
  • Options
    at least now that there was a hit, I can watch the Celtics full time tonight
  • Options

<< <i>at least now that there was a hit, I can watch the Celtics full time tonight >>

I've been doing the same thing. Flipping back and forth between the Magic and Rays. Bring on the Celts image
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Josh Beckett sucks!

Sincerely
    My Fantasy team
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is Becketts deal?

Anyone?

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What is Becketts deal?

Anyone?

image >>

Hopefully he has bundles of bone splinters in his elbow image

kidding ....

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options

<< <i>What is Becketts deal?

Anyone?

image >>

he just sucks this year, nothing more, nothing less.
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    Beckett's control is off and he is suffering from some bad luck. He does have 31 k's in 28 innings so his stuff is still good but he has already walked 16 men which is almost half of what he walked last year in 174 innings. Assuming he is not suffering from any injuries I think he will bounce back.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on fellas!

No posts after a butt whipping? Is it safe to say you guys can't get on the Yankee fan (Pretty much just me around here)
    for not posting after a butt whooooopin?

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    edmundfitzgeraldedmundfitzgerald Posts: 4,306 ✭✭
    Last time I looked, if the season ended today, the Red Sox would be in the playoffs
    and the overpaid underachievers would be calling Tiger Woods.

The Yankees are in their usual submissive position. They seem to enjoy being under the big boys.
  • Options

<< <i>Come on fellas!

No posts after a butt whipping? Is it safe to say you guys can't get on the Yankee fan (Pretty much just me around here)
    for not posting after a butt whooooopin?

image >>

It's amazing we are struggling with the Rays, but I'm not worried yet. I'd be much more worried if I was a Yankee fan! image
  • Options
    "I'd be much more worried if I was a Yankee fan!"

And you'd be much better-lookin' too! image
  • Options
    the staff "ace" gave up five runs through five innings, oh no!
  • Options
    At least he left with a lead. That's more than our starting pitchers have been doing recently.
  • Options
    when, if ever, will Ortiz drop to #5 or lower in the batting order?
  • Options
    A win is a win...especially in cowbell country!
  • Options
    I dislike this Rays team image
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496

<< <i>I dislike this Rays team image >>

hatter
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will there be any game Lugo starts where my family does not shout "Lugo Sucks"? He hasn't had one yet . . . . . .
  • Options

<< <i>Will there be any game Lugo starts where my family does not shout "Lugo Sucks"? He hasn't had one yet . . . . . . >>

No, just like there wont be any game that Im watching where I dont comment on how much of a complete waste JD Drew is.
  • Options
    BTW- V-Tek should be ashamed of himself allowing Crawford 6 SB's? You got to be kidding image
  • Options

<< <i>Josh Beckett sucks!

Sincerely
    My Fantasy team >>

I know I laugh at you because you took Papi with your #1 pick, but taking Beckett with your 2nd pick wasnt all that bad although Im sure you could have done better- providing you knew anything about fantasy BB.

Sincerely
    LMAO
  • Options
    BAM!
  • Options
    if Ortiz can't hit a home run in the new Yankee stadium, it's time to drop him to 9th in the order.
  • Options
    just read this on boston.com. Emphasis added is mine. Seems to me like catching a soft toss thrown to one's glove is a "play that is hard to make"

"I spoke to Lugie today," Francona said. "He came back quick. I don't think he's moving yet like he's going to. I told him to take the next day or so and meet with (strength coach) Dave Page because I think putting him out there is a little unfair. He got himself put in situations where plays were hard for him to make. He will get there.

I wish Francoma would throw Luso under the bus.
  • Options
    Again, why on earth Lugo was even considered to be starting when he came back is beyond me. Green needs to be our everyday SS, I couldnt care less if he is not ready as he will still be more productive than one Mr.Luso
  • Options
    "Again, why on earth Lugo was even considered to be starting when he came back is beyond me. "

Little trouble in paradise, ladies? image
  • Options

<< <i>Again, why on earth Lugo was even considered to be starting when he came back is beyond me. Green needs to be our everyday SS, I couldnt care less if he is not ready as he will still be more productive than one Mr.Luso >>

I agree...I'll take Green over Luso any day of the week. I know I've said it before, but I wish OC was still in Boston.
  • Options
    we are big OC fans in this house.
  • Options
    Another bomb by Jason Bay. Batting over .600 vs. the Yankees this season!
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bases loaded, bottom of 9 at 1:10 in the am.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    that wasn't an easy one, still counts as a "W"
  • Options
    Fell asleep in the top of the ninth. Maybe it was good I didn't see the nail biter finish!
  • Options
    Amazing how many empty seats last night. Looked like we were playing in Pittsburgh.