Home Sports Talk
Options

The 2009 Red Sox Championship run thread

Comments

• Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    RAIN!! image

Funny you are going to see the Braves Mike. We are planning road trip to see the Sox in Atlanta the end of June. I was wondering also if anyone has a hook up otherwise it will be stubhub.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cool day-night doubleheader today! Youkilis and Green have already hit two-run homers and Wakefield seems to be finding the strike zone easily.
  • Options
    add a two run shot for Lowell too. Wakefield is just mowing them down. Got out of a bases loaded jam with just one run scored and looks like an innings-saver for the bullpen again. The bullpen should be in good shape for the weekend series, especially if the nightcap of the doubleheader gets rained out (the sky looks like it is getting dark)
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe this game will count either way? Looks like its going to continue to rain throughout the night.
  • Options
    Yes, it has to go 5 1/2 innings I believe to be an official game.
    It's nice to see the Sox mashing the ball again.
    Looks like game 2 won't be until tomorrow if the rain continues.
    Man...another day with no Sox on TV. These day games are brutal when I'm stuck at work!
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I try to "watch" these games on the computer while I'm at work. It keeps me up-to-date with the Sox and it helps me pass the day a little faster.
  • Options
    Me too...fortunately MLB.com hasn't been blocked yet!
  • Options
    Welcome back Jeff Bailey!! 3 Run Blast!
  • Options
    I have been wondering this for the last couple of weeks: Does anybody have a straighter fastball than Brad Penny? Can't he try a two-seamer ever now and then? I didn't get to watch him when he was in the NL, but supposedly he was hot stuff. Did his fastball move any when he pitched there?
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red Sox on a great roll !! Nice to see Bailey playing, the whole team seems to be in a groove and improving from game to game. Gonna be a great Yankees series. Ellsbury looked super in center, Youk was Youk, just fun stuff to watch. I was able to see 3 innings of the first game via encore, how nice is 3, 2-run homers in each of the first 3 innings? Especially the one by Green.

Is this Heidi - Varitek thing for real? Maybe I missed some of the story.

Enjoy the Yankees games.
  • Options
    Erin Andrews, that'd be a story!
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    Nice little double up!

Go Sox!
  • Options
    boston.com is reporting the Sox bought back Kason Gabbard from Texas and he's likely headed to Pawtucket. Maybe they want to try something other than Lopez?
  • Options
    A well deserved day off, hopefully we can keep it going against the hated Yanks!
  • Options
    JD Blew sucks, just wanted to say. Freakin' DP image
  • Options
    And he just left the bases loaded!! image
  • Options
    while we're at it...Ellsbury sucks too. DP with the bases loaded to end the inning. image
  • Options
    Blew must be doing it on purpose now...another DP. image
  • Options
    get him out of the game, please. Tom Brunansky would have caught that one
  • Options
    well, it was a good game until Chokajima came in. Who's pitching tomorrow? image
  • Options
    do any other Sox fans see Lopez as this year's Timlin? It's shaping up that way. He doesn't seem to have it this year
  • Options
  • Options
    YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUK!!!
  • Options
    waited for HIS pitch. Amazing!
  • Options
    I can't help but think Youk is still pissed he didn't win the AL MVP last year and he's out to make sure it happens this year. Dude is a flat out stud. I have a total mancrush on him.
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Christ, I must have gone through half a bottle of Malox tonight.
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    Even though Youk won it Bay saved the day. That shot was a bomb!
  • Options

<< <i>Even though Youk won it Bay saved the day. That shot was a bomb! >>

That's true, and Bay should be commended, but I love the man I love and I can't help it. Youkilis never disappoints me. Even when he fails, he fails in the way I'd want to fail: tryin as hard as he could and pissed off that he didn't succeed.
  • Options

<< <i>I can't help but think Youk is still pissed he didn't win the AL MVP last year and he's out to make sure it happens this year. Dude is a flat out stud. I have a total mancrush on him. >>

Still ain't better then Tex. No way, no how.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    ahh yes - later today:

I'll be taking lots of pics
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice win!! A blown save by Rivera makes it even sweeter! image
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I can't help but think Youk is still pissed he didn't win the AL MVP last year and he's out to make sure it happens this year. Dude is a flat out stud. I have a total mancrush on him. >>

Still ain't better then Tex. No way, no how. >>

The way things are going, the no-deal may work out -- Lowell has more RBIs than Tex so far.
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another GREAT Fenway moment last night, what a comeback!! Huge credit to Pedroia, Lowell, Bay and Youk for the WO win. Ellsbury was no slouch in deep center. These are the games that always remind you of why you never leave Fenway till the game if ovah!!

Should be a super game today with AJ and Beckett.

Not so great...Ortiz, who is really off his game.
  • Options

<< <i>Another GREAT Fenway moment last night, what a comeback!! Huge credit to Pedroia, Lowell, Bay and Youk for the WO win. Ellsbury was no slouch in deep center. These are the games that always remind you of why you never leave Fenway till the game if ovah!!

Should be a super game today with AJ and Beckett.

Not so great...Ortiz, who is really off his game. >>

Little Papi was a spectator last night...albeit a happy one at the end
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    Zep, those are nice seats. Where did you come up with those?!
  • Options
    Oh man I was in Beantown at Hennesey's last night watching the game- the place was rocking after this!!!

• Options
    We could use some more of that today though....

• Options
    looks like "Mr. Hyde" is pitching today for the Sox image
  • Options
    and playing the role of "Dr. Jekyll" is Jason Varitek! Grand slam! image
  • Options
    if Ellsbury can hit one out, why not Little Papi?
  • Options
    can Blew suck any worse? image
  • Options
    can't blame Beckett for the HR to Damon...totally Francoma's fault. Beckett sucked since inning #1 and should have been pulled two or three times already. So he starts the sixth and walks the first guy. Yet he is still in there? WTF Francoma, wake up.
  • Options

<< <i>can't blame Beckett for the HR to Damon...totally Francoma's fault. Beckett sucked since inning #1 and should have been pulled two or three times already. So he starts the sixth and walks the first guy. Yet he is still in there? WTF Francoma, wake up. >>

No question! Well hopefully we can settle it down and edge them out...

LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    just had a scary Grady Little thought, ewwww!
  • Options
    is Pedroia borrowing Julio Luso's brain today? WTF?
  • Options
    that settles it, Pedroia is borrowing Luso's brain. His second WTF of the game. image
  • Options
    That's one impressive pitching staff in da bronx image
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    just got back - what a game!!!

lots of pics to post in the morning

and my cousin got Dice-K to sign a ball for me - woohooo!!!!
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I must ask again why is Bay batting so low in that order, I would switch Poppy and Bay at this point.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options

<< <i>I must ask again why is Bay batting so low in that order, I would switch Poppy and Bay at this point. >>

I must say again, Francoma is in love with the Left-Right-Left approach to lineup building