• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2-6 with nobody hitting but Youk image

We need to score in bunches.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    I fell asleep mercifully last night when it was 5-5. I can't believe Drew on that error. He looked awful.
    Our starting pitching other than Beckett in the first game has been rather lame. We definitely need to get the bats rolling too.
    Much too early to panic though...

Just saw...Dice-K to the DL with Arm Fatigue
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1-2-3
    1-2-3
    1-2-3

seems like it goes that way a whole lot for the Sox this year when the top of the order leads off. I know Pedroia will hit and is a notoriously slow starter. I am concerned that both Ellsbury and Ortiz will start slow then taper off.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,775 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey Big Poopie....

WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

Kevin you should stick to French Horn play, your Fantasy Baseball drafting skills are about as pathetic as you are.

• Options
    We need a complete overhall & tune up of our lineup. Its awful right now. image
  • Options
    Wakefield looks great today, and that is what the Sox needed after firing all the bullets from the bullpen last night (including the dud, Lopez)
  • Options
    seven no hit innings by Wakefield so far. Amazing
  • Options
  • Options
    JD Blew just demonstrated a bit of backbone. Knocked down with a fastball near his head, then smacks a 3RHR

cool
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Pretty great game to be watching today, ain't it boys?
  • Options
  • Options
    Dam It!!!

Oh well, HOPEFULLY we will at least get a W !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice effort Wake image
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Ah man, what a shame. A no-no by Wake would have been quite a story. Hat's off to Wake. Great effort.
  • Options
    A much needed pitching performance today. Now lets nail it down
  • Options
    As far as I'm concerned, Wake can keep pitching for the Sox until he's 52 if he wants to. Great effort.

It reminds me of a day game in Oakland a couple years ago when Curt Schilling was pitching and just missed a no hitter. Maybe all our games against the A's should be day games!
  • Options
    great to see, now the reality:

Three 3-game series in which the Sox have gone 1-2

The top three in the lineup are nearly automatic outs

The starters are not going deep and taxing the bullpen ALREADY

Lots of work to do
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    A brilliant performance by Wake when they needed to salvage the series. The bats also showed some life. I would not be too worried about the top of the order. Pedroia will start hitting the ball soon enough.
  • Options

<< <i>A brilliant performance by Wake when they needed to salvage the series. The bats also showed some life. I would not be too worried about the top of the order. Pedroia will start hitting the ball soon enough. >>

no worries about Pedroia. Ellsbury and Ortiz -- worries there!
  • Options
    Agreed 100% Barndog. Pedroia will be fine.
    Ellsbury and Ortiz did actually have hits in the same inning yesterday although Ortiz' hit was first. Hopefully yesterday is a sign of good things to come.
  • Options
    Toronto 7-3
    Baltimore 6-3
    New York 5-4
    Tampa Bay 4-5
    Boston 3-6

Hmmm. That's pretty much the mirror opposite of how I thought things would end up. The best thing about the situation right now is that we know it's going to change. There's no way that Toronto and Baltimore keep this up and there is no way that the Yankees, Rays, and Red Sox keep losing as much as they have. The Sox just need to start winning some series. (That sounds weird but I looked it up and the plural of "series" is still series just like fish is singular and plural. Now there's your grammar lesson for the day.)

Next up: 4 game series against Baltimore at home. No reason we shouldn't take 3 out of 4.
  • Options
    Nice comeback by the Sox tonight!
  • Options
    the bullpen looked excellent again, with the exception of Lopez. I'd say Lopez has maybe two or three more chances to pitch well, otherwise he's looking for a new job
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Why is Bay batting so far down in the order???????? It's not like he has been an AS, 30 HR guy for all his career.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options

<< <i>Why is Bay batting so far down in the order???????? It's not like he has been an AS, 30 HR guy for all his career. >>

Francoma is married to the L-R-L-R thing, that's why.
  • Options
    Masterson gets the start on Marathon Day!
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tremendous comeback for Boston! What is wrong with Ortiz, he is in a serious funk? It was nice to see Nick Green hit the wall for the much needed double. Oky looked superb in relief.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Toronto 7-3
    Baltimore 6-3
    New York 5-4
    Tampa Bay 4-5
    Boston 3-6
    >>

I'm glad my Dodgers aren't out in that mix. If the O's and Jays stay tough that doesn't leave an easy game all year. We all know when it's said and done the Sox, Yanks, and Rays will be at the top.

• Options

<< <i>Tremendous comeback for Boston! What is wrong with Ortiz, he is in a serious funk? It was nice to see Nick Green hit the wall for the much needed double. Oky looked superb in relief. >>

Papi is all washed up ( trying the reverse jinx)

Penny looked awful and didnt give us much of a chance off the rip but at least our bats woke up and got it done. Fun game to watch
  • Options
    Good job Perk...so far Papi is 2-3!
  • Options

<< <i>Good job Perk...so far Papi is 2-3! >>

• Options
    just when you think the 2007 version of Beckett is back, the 2008 version rears its ugly head
  • Options
    One rough inning and a bad fielding play to boot. That is all...

Nice job otherwise.
  • Options
    Beckett needs to get better...four runs in an inning is not what a #1 pitcher lets up. Maybe one run here, one run there. Big innings suck!

• Options
    "just when you think the 2007 version of Beckett is back, the 2008 version rears its ugly head"

Ugly Head??? Are you talking about Beckett? I thought it was Youkilis who has the ugly head. image
  • Options
    Now let's see Lester show up today!
  • Options
    2008 Lester has returned.

Ortiz still impotent
  • Options
    Not much scoring but we will take it!

Back to .500 ball image Hopefully we can now tear off a nice W streak!
  • Options
    We'd be 8-4 if Dice-K had a regular spring training.
    The Yankees would probably be better with Wang too.

Not a bad start.
  • Options
    That's the Lester we're used to!
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    The AL East is starting to resemble an order I'm used to seeing. Big difference from last monday morning. Glad to see we straightened up sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    its not going to last. All the teams are showing considerable flaws in their lineups and rotations. Big Papi looks like he's about ready to hang up his cleats.
  • Options
    Big Papi maybe coming around? 2B, 3B, and some ribbies today.
  • Options
    woohoo Varitek.
    out of desperation i played him today in fantasy baseball.

p.s. how did big sloppy get a triple? misplay by the OF ? i missed it....
  • Options
    shot off left center field wall that the CF leaped for but missed and it bounced toward right field.
  • Options
    news is that Jed Lousy will be getting surgery. No doubt he will be replaced by Julio Luso when Luso is "better" (healthwise). In the meantime, keep playing Nick Green!
  • Options
    Is Nick Green any relation to Dick Green ? Dick played 2nd or short for the A's in the early 70's.
  • Options
    It's too bad Youk doesn't play SS too. The Sox could call up Lars Anderson to play 1st and not have to worry about dealing with Lugo at all.
  • Options

<< <i>It's too bad Youk doesn't play SS too. The Sox could call up Lars Anderson to play 1st and not have to worry about dealing with Lugo at all. >>

I am quite sure if Francona asked him to play SS, Youkilis would do it and do it better than Luso.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>It's too bad Youk doesn't play SS too. The Sox could call up Lars Anderson to play 1st and not have to worry about dealing with Lugo at all. >>

I am quite sure if Francona asked him to play SS, Youkilis would do it and do it better than Luso. >>

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    200!

GO SOX!!!

I'm trying to find tickets to the Braves series at home the weekend I'm getting married (June 18 is wedding. Game would be 20 or 21). Anyone with a ticket hookup LMK. I used to go to Fenway for $8 in the mid 90's. Now it's like every time I go home it's a friggin fortune.