Home Sports Talk
Options

The 2009 Red Sox Championship run thread

Comments

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESPN ranks the Yankee starting rotation ahead of the Red Sox. Excellent! image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>ESPN ranks the Yankee starting rotation ahead of the Red Sox. Excellent! image >>

Im very suprised actually, CC is a beast but Im not sold on Wang and Burnett cannot stay healthy. I would take the Sox staff, especially if Lester continues to get better.

Tomorow is the big day fellas!!!! ( Providing it dont get rained out image )
  • Options

<< <i>Yep, all the kids my age are big George Brett fans.

In keeping with this Red-Sox-get-the-runs thread, I suggest you change your name to BottomLeakage. image >>

"Bottomleakage" image Look who's talking!
  • Options
    Anyone hear that Buchholz got sent to triple A ?
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone hear that Buchholz got sent to triple A ? >>

yep. Seems Penny is in line for the fifth spot since his Spring has gone well health-wise
  • Options
    opening day forecast is for rain and plenty of it. image
  • Options

<< <i>opening day forecast is for rain and plenty of it. image >>

Ofcourse. image
  • Options
    CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    No playoffs for the nation this year!! Yanks take the division and Rays take the wildcard.
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    How many HATTERS can you fit on one thread. Perk what is the over under on when the SOYALS are officially out of the playoffs? Wasnt it last year before the all star break they could not have made the playoffs even if they won every game? Guess that is what happens when you rest an entire team on Alex Gordon. Go Sox!!!
  • Options
    oh snap!

they Royals have some good young talent; but they wont finish better than 3rd.
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    Is this a bad omen?

opening Day Rain Out

This is the first opening day rainout since '03, and we all know what happened that year...

Kinda ticked, I was planning on watching the game on ESPN this afternoon.
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    No bad omen...just typical of April baseball.
  • Options

<< <i>How many HATTERS can you fit on one thread. Perk what is the over under on when the SOYALS are officially out of the playoffs? Wasnt it last year before the all star break they could not have made the playoffs even if they won every game? Guess that is what happens when you rest an entire team on Alex Gordon. Go Sox!!! >>

They will be roughly 10 games out by the end of the month and will not recover. Alex Gordon is a average at best player, it cracks me up the freakin' hype this kid got. He might eventually challenge Ryan K Howard for the single season K mark.
  • Options

<< <i>No bad omen...just typical of April baseball. >>

Agreed! All curses and bad omens have gone away since 2004.

Im not saying the Sox will win it this year but they will be very good.
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474

<< <i>Is this a bad omen?

opening Day Rain Out

This is the first opening day rainout since '03, and we all know what happened that year...

Kinda ticked, I was planning on watching the game on ESPN this afternoon. >>

and rain is being perdicted for Friday evening at Anaheim....I'll be there rain or shine....GO HALOS

I'mmmm Baacckkk!
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    The Sox will continue to beat the Angels like a rented mule.
  • Options

<< <i>The Sox will continue to beat the Angels like a rented mule. >>

• Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474

Ha! I just forwarded your post to peta. We'll see who's laughing in the next few days. MULE BEATER!

Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options

<< <i>

Ha! I just forwarded your post to peta. We'll see who's laughing in the next few days. MULE BEATER!

image >>

• Options
    I had myself locked inside of the sound studio all day, when I came out I was SHOCKED, it was POURING out!!!! When is the double header image

IF April showers bring May Flowers

What do May Flowers bring....

........Pilgrims

or June Bugs
  • Options
    Even though the Sox got rained out today I did enjoy watching the O's beat up on the Yanks. Gives me a good feeling going into the season.
  • Options
    oh yeah loved seeing CC get lit up!
  • Options
    And Teixera left runners on base every at bat I think. It's only one game, but since the Sox got rained out it's all we had!
  • Options
    lets play ball 4:05 looks like rain, just scattered showers predicted
  • Options

<< <i>lets play ball 4:05 looks like rain, just scattered showers predicted >>

Technically I think the official start time is 4:06 in honor of Teddy Ballgame's .406 season.

• Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Well, it's 4:06. Anyone feel like watching some Red Sox baseball?
  • Options
    So after half an inning, Beckett is on pace for what, 400 Ks? image
  • Options
    We're off to a good start! 4-1 end of the 3rd
  • Options
    That's the ball game! I didn't get home until the 8th, but Beckett seem to have pitched very well. Even Tek went yard!
  • Options
    Good stuff! Gotta love an opening day WIN!!!

I thought it was great seing Kennedy throwing out the first pitch too.

Good job Sox!
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    A nice win with some big positives. Beckett 10 K's throwing 96. Papelbon at 95 consistently in the 9th with 2 k's. Varitek hit the ball hard 4 times, including a homer.

• Options
    I was also encouraged to see Pedroia start off hot this year. If you remember, last season he started off slowly (compared to the rest of his season) and only hit .281 through May.

I liked the amount of pitches that Youkilis took.

I liked that everyone except for Ellsbury got a hit.

And Beckett was dealing. Great first game against a divsion rival.
  • Options

<< <i>Good stuff! Gotta love an opening day WIN!!!

I thought it was great seing Kennedy throwing out the first pitch too.

Good job Sox! >>

we'll disagree on that Kennedy thing image

good game, got to watch the whole thing on MLB Extra Innings. Is the Heidi Watney and Varitek thing public/official yet?
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the game as well. Okajima wasn't so hot, but we still took the game. Ellsbury will come around.

I thought the Kennedy thing was a waste of time. Trying reading "Senatorial Privilege" and think of Mary Jo Kopechne, who died a horrible death in Fat Teddy's car.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Ok gents, because of yesterday's rainout I had to listen to the game on MLB radio today instead of seeing it on ESPN. Total bummer. Anyone have a link sports site that does MLB? I tried atdhe.net and justin.tv and neither had the Sox game. It was the first Opening Day since I was 3 years old that I didn't get to see my Sox play. I feel like I live 3,000 miles away now image . I need to move back to the Hub.
  • Options
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Hi Red Sox Nation. How is everyone doing now that the season has started?

• Options
    I'm happy to see BecKKKKKKKKKKett is back to himself. Even Tek looked good again finally.

Can't wait for October!
  • Options
    lets hope Lesta' the molesta' is great as well tonight!
  • Options

<< <i>Hi Red Sox Nation. How is everyone doing now that the season has started?

image >>

NICE! And because of your sig-line, Im an Offiicial Roota for Dodger Blue!!! image
  • Options
    YOWSA!!!

• Options
    Very Nice! Hail to Red Sox Nation!

Here's one for ya:
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>NICE! And because of your sig-line, Im an Offiicial Roota for Dodger Blue!!! image >>

Alyssa is still my favorite Dodger fan! image

• Options
    Gotta Love RED SOX NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
  • Options

<< <i>

>>

NICE! And because of your sig-line, Im an Offiicial Roota for Dodger Blue!!! image >>

Nice new sig photo Perk..Sorry to see the other gals go, but maybe it was time for a change..Also glad to see some nice pics posted here in Bosox Country.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

>>

NICE! And because of your sig-line, Im an Offiicial Roota for Dodger Blue!!! image >>

Nice new sig photo Perk..Sorry to see the other gals go, but maybe it was time for a change..Also glad to see some nice pics posted here in Bosox Country.

image >>

Brian you are ALWAYS welcome to a visit in Red Sox Nation! image
  • Options
    OMFG! What happened to Lester in the 5th!?!?!?!? He looked great up til then, and just fell apart! What gives?
  • Options
    Did anyone hear that the Yankees were going to have the Hooters girls at their games this year?

• Options

<< <i>OMFG! What happened to Lester in the 5th!?!?!?!? He looked great up til then, and just fell apart! What gives? >>

yes, Lester started to suck badly.

What I noticed last night is that Varitek did not adjust the way he called the game to match the umpire's remarkably wide strike zone for pitches in the bottom half of the zone. The umpire was calling strikes for balls thrown 3-4 inches outside. Navarro figured it out and had his pitchers throw outside, Varitek did not.

Until the Sox SS makes up for that whiff with the bases loaded, he's Jed Lousy for me.