Home Sports Talk
Options

The 2009 Red Sox Championship run thread

Comments

• Options
    Whoops, the moonshine is gettin' to me ...

Not the MVP award -- I meant to say the Batting Title (highest average)
  • Options
    Com'mon girls, it's only one game tonight -- let it go!

Let's try another trivia question:

Who holds the MLB record for consecutive games with 3 or more base hits?
    ANS: George Brett -- 6 consecutive games (not a bad week's work)

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ok lets forget the 6 man rotation for now?

Im willing to bet that Smoltz will bring more to the table than Dice at this point... >>

Sucholz may get a shot as well . . . . .
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    I would like to see Clay get a shot again. It should obviously be better than Dice K at this point.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,467 ✭✭✭✭✭
    from the look of the box score, I am glad that I was traveling all day yesterday

spanked by the Braves image
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sox are gonna have to do something with Daisuke...maybe swap Clay for him for a while...Clay is on fire in Pawtucket.

The only bright spot was the over the monstah by Bay. Getting whipped by the Braves was bad, but having to listen to the Braves announcers (only feed I could get) was worse than a squeaky chalk board.
  • Options

<< <i>Sox are gonna have to do something with Daisuke...maybe swap Clay for him for a while...Clay is on fire in Pawtucket.

The only bright spot was the over the monstah by Bay. Getting whipped by the Braves was bad, but having to listen to the Braves announcers (only feed I could get) was worse than a squeaky chalk board. >>

• Options
    Beckett was excellent tonight, which is fortunate since D Lowe was quite good.
  • Options
    Just got home in time to see the 9th. Nice bounce back win!
  • Options
    Thanks for that expert post-game analysis, BottomoftheBay. Ya know, the rest of us soooo need to know when you're at home, when you got home, how much of the game you got to see, whether you took a leak between innings, ...
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a nice bounceback win, hopefully Wakefield will be on today and he gets some run support as well.

Ofcourse if its not showering out image
  • Options
    Well Dice is now on the 15 day DL for shoulder issues, maybe thats why he is terrible? Personally I dont think so but maybe this stint will get him back on track, looking forward to seeing Smoltz get in there although my expectations are low.

Rain Rain go away come back again when the Sox are away image
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for that expert post-game analysis, BottomoftheBay. Ya know, the rest of us soooo need to know when you're at home, when you got home, how much of the game you got to see, whether you took a leak between innings, ... >>

Ya know fan of whoever your not bothering me as much as you did when you first started your mindless rants in the thread , I do believe you being a fan of the Royals makes it hard to find a thread up your alley but why on earth would you say "the rest of US? " you are not part of "US" in this thread so please dont put yourself in our rank and file and complain about someone who belongs here.

That is all, carry on.
  • Options
    Wasn't Smoltz scheduled to pitch Thursday against the Nats? Boston.com now shows Beckett. Hopefully that means Smoltz pitches in Atlanta on Friday when we're there. That would be a blast!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Thanks for that expert post-game analysis, BottomoftheBay. Ya know, the rest of us soooo need to know when you're at home, when you got home, how much of the game you got to see, whether you took a leak between innings, ... >>

Ya know fan of whoever your not bothering me as much as you did when you first started your mindless rants in the thread , I do believe you being a fan of the Royals makes it hard to find a thread up your alley but why on earth would you say "the rest of US? " you are not part of "US" in this thread so please dont put yourself in our rank and file and complain about someone who belongs here.

That is all, carry on. >>

LMAO...it's obvious that he has a deep seeded hatred for the Red Sox, why I don't know. I am guessing Red Sox fans beat him up and stole his lunch money or something like that. He should start a George Brett or Tim Lincecum man crush thread and post away.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

That is all, carry on. >>

LMAO...it's obvious that he has a deep seeded hatred for the Red Sox, why I don't know. I am guessing Red Sox fans beat him up and stole his lunch money or something like that. He should start a George Brett or Tim Lincecum man crush thread and post away. >>

image He prolly wasnt even born when his Royals last won the World Series, and yes he most likely got his lunch money by a kid wearing a Sox hat.

LMAO!
  • Options
  • Options
    so when does Papelbon go to the Yankees? He is the cause of 23% of all ulcers in New England
  • Options
    what a cheap home run, sweet!
  • Options
    As long as it's for us, who cares! Walkoff!!
  • Options

• Options

<< <i> I do believe you being a fan of the Royals makes it hard to find a thread up your alley but why on earth would you say "the rest of US? " you are not part of "US" in this thread so please dont put yourself in our rank and file and complain about someone who belongs here.

. >>

• Options
    Oh yeah, I forgot.....

(because we know who this really is) image
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, I really get a chuckle out of that Pez avatar! Nothing like getting little kids all horned up for sugar cubes - I love it! Now we need a Necco wafer hussy.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options

<< <i>Man, I really get a chuckle out of that Pez avatar! Nothing like getting little kids all horned up for sugar cubes - I love it! Now we need a Necco wafer hussy. >>

Yeah, but who would you rather meet in a dark ally.....one of perkies cuties, or my PEZ girl image
  • Options
    I'm glad the Atlanta series is over...I couldn't handle Chip Caray, so I went to radio, which was worse! Ever listen to a game broadcast by Don Sutton??? Painful at best, he just doesn't shut up and tries to be so cutsey with all his comments. I thought he was gonna swallow his microphone when Green hit the walk-off...having just said "wow, wouldn't it be nice to get on the charter out of here being 3.5 back?" What a moron, dumber than a friggin bag of rocks.

I would say Mr. Lugo is probably reaching for his change of address cards for his mail. No way do the Sox let Green out of their sight. I will predict Julio is toast and maybe before July 31st, cost or no. And, I don't think a healthy Lowrie is gonna overtake the SS poistion anytime soon.

As for the dolt that likes to post BS here....don't feed the animals.

Bring on the Nationals!!!!
  • Options
    "US" = readers of the Collectors Universe Message Boards (not the Sox Nation)

Background:
    * Attended a game at Fenway in 1983. Thought I detected "abnormal sentiments" among the spectators.
    * Watched (on TV) every game of the 1986 World Series. Was certain that I noticed definite peculiarities among Boston fans.
    * Watched (on TV) some Celtics playoff games in Boston (within the last 10 years). Chants of "Wife Beater" aimed at opposing star.
    * While in college, studied the effects of "in breeding" -- and its prevalence in our original New England colonies
    * Gradually started connecting the dots
    * My job introduces me to people from all over this country -- reinforces my attitude toward those from the Boston area
    * This thread further reinforces my observations/points of view

Kinda feel sorry for you descendents of the incest tree -- but then again, you seem kinda proud of your incestual roots -- or you'd do a better job of hiding them ...
  • Options
    In other news the Yankees lost.

• Options

<< <i>In other news the Yankees lost.

image >>

I watched much of that game. Hope Sabathia is OK
  • Options
    Matsuzaka is on the 15-day DL, likely that will be extended for months. So it looks like Mr. Penny will stay. If Smoltz does well, Buchholz will have to wait until September perhaps, barring other injuries.
  • Options
    I think the Sox have learned their lesson regardind surplus pitching after trading Arroyo. We'll see!
  • Options

<< <i>I think the Sox have learned their lesson regardind surplus pitching after trading Arroyo. We'll see! >>

supposedly Arroyo may be available for trade this summer...hmmm.
  • Options
    Buchholz has stated that if he is not going to get called up he wants to go somewhere where he can be on a starting roster. It wasnt a dig at the Sox but the kid wants to pitch, I would try him for a spot start to see how he has come along if at all.
  • Options

<< <i>Buchholz has stated that if he is not going to get called up he wants to go somewhere where he can be on a starting roster. It wasnt a dig at the Sox but the kid wants to pitch, I would try him for a spot start to see how he has come along if at all. >>

I don't blame him one bit. I'm not sure about a spot start. You can't judge a young pitcher on one start. You have to bring him
    up and let him take his lumps while he's young. Every great pitcher started that way. I would be very suprised if he's not in
    the full rotation next year. Or let him come out of the bullpen for a while. The kid needs to be getting some more big league experience.
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    Personally I'd like to see Michael Bowden get called up again.
  • Options
    It's certainly a nice spot to be in...too much pitching!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Buchholz has stated that if he is not going to get called up he wants to go somewhere where he can be on a starting roster. It wasnt a dig at the Sox but the kid wants to pitch, I would try him for a spot start to see how he has come along if at all. >>

I don't blame him one bit. I'm not sure about a spot start. You can't judge a young pitcher on one start. You have to bring him
    up and let him take his lumps while he's young. Every great pitcher started that way. I would be very suprised if he's not in
    the full rotation next year. Or let him come out of the bullpen for a while. The kid needs to be getting some more big league experience. >>

Penny won't be in the rotation next year and Wakefield gets to make that call during his offseason. So there will be at least one spot.
  • Options
    The wife and I, along with Bottom of the 9th and his entourage will be at Friday night and Saturday's games in Atlanta. Managed to get some sweet seats, second row just beyond the Red Sox dugout, Bottom is nearby.

Red Sox Nation will be proudly represented and we will cheer accordingly...know that all posters in the Red Sox thread will be with us in spirit...enjoy da games!!!

Beckett and Wakefield pitching.
  • Options
    Now let's have some good weather and great games!
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's certainly a nice spot to be in...too much pitching! >>

Do you guys need an extra outfielder??? image

Brian
  • Options

<< <i>

Brian >>

Sure! We will trade you Lugo for Kemp or even Ethier? image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Brian >>

Sure! We will trade you Lugo for Kemp or even Ethier? image >>

how about Lugo for a pair of used socks?
  • Options

<< <i>

how about Lugo for a pair of used socks? >>

We'd get the better part of that deal.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Brian >>

Barn!!!! Im very dissapointed in you! You spelt L U G O instead of L U S O image
  • Options
    Well the Nats were pesky until the 8th. Up by 5 now!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Brian >>

Barn!!!! Im very dissapointed in you! You spelt L U G O instead of L U S O image >>

I went to correct it after posting it but got a service unavailable screen...then had to take my daughter to a music class. He's as good as gone, thankfully.

Just finished watching the game (DVR). Excellent game to watch for a while until the Sox blew it out.
  • Options
    This is the only series all year that the Nationals will sell out.
    I only have one prediction about this series. We won't see Fan of 390 (a.k.a. softparade) here for a while. image
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure does feel good to be up 5 on the Yanks.
    Solo HR's don't win games. They have no situational hitting.
    Looks like they'll have to spend more money, maybe a billion might win a championship. image
    Scott
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

<< <i>Sure does feel good to be up 5 on the Yanks.
    Solo HR's don't win games. They have no situational hitting.
    Looks like they'll have to spend more money, maybe a billion might win a championship. image
    Scott >>

Love it image
  • Options

<< <i>This is the only series all year that the Nationals will sell out.
    I only have one prediction about this series. We won't see Fan of 390 (a.k.a. softparade) here for a while. image >>

Well if Dan chimes in and yells at you for that then its true!