Home Sports Talk
Options

The 2009 Red Sox Championship run thread

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,295 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Stevek...

Grow up and get a friggin clue....screw the bookies and whatever else you were babbling about. You made the comment that your wonderful team was so juiced on adrenaline that the Red Sox could do nothing about it. What a pile of BS!!

Apparently your team ran out of all that adrenaline last night and got their asses handed to them.

If you wanna start a war with me...BRING IT ON. If you wanna start name calling BRING IT ON.

Stick to yor own thread over there about the Phillies...perhaps you can spend some more of your time explaining how they allowed the Jays to hose you last night. OTOH, I guess the Red Sox team found their adrenaline last night, unlike your pathetic team. >>

Tell ya what clueless...call any radio sports talk show program and tell them "One game has nothing to do with the next game, zip, zero, nada."...they will laugh your clueless arse right off the radio station. image
  • Options

<< <i>Stevek...

Grow up and get a friggin clue....screw the bookies and whatever else you were babbling about. You made the comment that your wonderful team was so juiced on adrenaline that the Red Sox could do nothing about it. What a pile of BS!!

Apparently your team ran out of all that adrenaline last night and got their asses handed to them.

If you wanna start a war with me...BRING IT ON. If you wanna start name calling BRING IT ON.

Stick to yor own thread over there about the Phillies...perhaps you can spend some more of your time explaining how they allowed the Jays to hose you last night. OTOH, I guess the Red Sox team found their adrenaline last night, unlike your pathetic team. >>

<<< If you wanna start a war with me...BRING IT ON. >>>

You sound just like the leader of North Korea, Kim Jong Il image

Except Kim Jong Il isn't funny.
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭

Tell ya what clueless...call any radio sports talk show program and tell them "One game has nothing to do with the next game, zip, zero, nada."...they will laugh your clueless arse right off the radio station. image >>

Call any sports radio talk show program and say one team was all full of adrenaline and there was basically nothing the other team could do. Then I suspect you'll see who gets laughed off the station!
  • Options

<< <i>Tell ya what clueless...call any radio sports talk show program and tell them "One game has nothing to do with the next game, zip, zero, nada."...they will laugh your clueless arse right off the radio station. image >>

Call any sports radio talk show program and say one team was all full of adrenaline and there was basically nothing the other team could do. Then I suspect you'll see who gets laughed off the station! >>

Hey, I'm not saying a team that gets an adrenaline rush because they got whomped in their last game is an automatic winner the next game, but a good team that gets embarrassed in a game, basically always comes out the next game and performs much, much better, in any sport, and usually wins the game...not always but usually...but the bookies know this as well and set the lines accordingly - You see this time and time again. Yes, a less talented, untalented type team that gets their arse kicked, isn't good enough to come back and generally automatically play better and win against a much more talented team simply because they aren't good enough.

Hey, if you or clueless or anyone else doesn't wanna believe this fact, then don't believe it, what do I care?

Good luck for the rest of the season - I honestly hope the Phillies meet either the Red Sox or the Yankees in the World Series so we can feast on the AL East again. image

Carry on.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve, 1 out of 3 is NOT Feasting at least against the Sox. You should direct your feasting comment properly- something along the lines of ....

"I honestly hope the Phillies meet the Yankees in the World Series so we can feast on them again, I hope we dont meet the Sox because they have our number regardless if we are pumped up or not"

Adrenaline = Bam! maybe? image
  • Options
    Don't worry guys, the sports talk watchdog will be here any minute now to set us all straight image
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey doofus...oops, Stevek...

Splain how that mumbo jumbo adrenaline crapolla found your pahtetic bullpen giving up 5 runs in the 9th last night??? Or is that adrenaline thing just a weekend event kinda thing.

Ya know, at first I thought you were just an ignorant troll, but I was wrong, your just a stupid dumbass who likes to post BS. Now that you have labeled me as "clueless", you certainly won't mind if I start off with "the Phillie Doofus" do you?

Oh, please do explain how the bookies knew about this abundance of adrenaline your team had in game 3 of the Red Sox...ah, never mind, it would sound too insane. You really are a waste.
  • Options

<< <i>Hey doofus...oops, Stevek...

Splain how that mumbo jumbo adrenaline crapolla found your pahtetic bullpen giving up 5 runs in the 9th last night??? Or is that adrenaline thing just a weekend event kinda thing.

Ya know, at first I thought you were just an ignorant troll, but I was wrong, your just a stupid dumbass who likes to post BS. Now that you have labeled me as "clueless", you certainly won't mind if I start off with "the Phillie Doofus" do you?

Oh, please do explain how the bookies knew about this abundance of adrenaline your team had in game 3 of the Red Sox...ah, never mind, it would sound too insane. You really are a waste. >>

Clueless - I already explained it in my post to Bottom9th - isn't your English translation dictionary working correctly on your planet, ya know the clueless planet you are on.

And come up with something more interesting than what you've been posting...don't bore me, otherwise I won't respond.

Here's an idea for ya clueless...call any sports talk show host and tell them "One game has nothing to do with the next game, zip, zero, nada." ...then record the conversation, post it on Youtube, and post the link here - we could use a good laugh. Come on clueless...entertain us.

• Options
    PS to Red Sox fans - Sorry for the extra posts in your thread but I was just responding to clueless. This will be my last post in this thread unless of course, you guys are fortunate enough to meet the Phillies in the 2009 WS, then I'll be back. image
  • Options

<< <i>PS to Red Sox fans - Sorry for the extra posts in your thread but I was just responding to clueless. This will be my last post in this thread unless of course, you guys are fortunate enough to meet the Phillies in the 2009 WS, then I'll be back. image >>

We accept your apology, however we do warn you that at any minute now a greater individual then ourselves will comment
    on how you shouldn't go into other people's threads and put down their posters/teams.

Then that greater power then ourselves will go ahead and do exactly what you are doing in the Phillies thread.

Be sure to be kind to this higher power, or he will call you silly little schoolyard names image
  • Options
    BTW, are we spanking the fish yet ?
  • Options
    "Sorry for the extra posts in your thread but I was just responding to clueless. This will be my last post in this thread ..."

Don't worry about it, stevek -- I'll hold down the fort for you in the Battle against the Beantown Boys. In this battle of wits, the Sox fans are absolutely unarmed.

And as for "BRING-IT-ON MCMLVTopps", she's only 16 -- so you gotta watch what you say to her. image
  • Options

Troll sighting!
  • Options
    Hey BottomDweller -- We're at war and you're showing off your baby pictures?? What's up with that?
  • Options
    Nice to see Ramirez have a shutout inning. It's been a rough month for him.
  • Options

<< <i>Nice to see Ramirez have a shutout inning. It's been a rough month for him. >>

Yea I was thinking the same thing, even though the fish have been pretty much no competition a good outing is a good outing!
  • Options
    In other news...

The Yanks lost to the hapless Nats' image
  • Options
    1st and 3rd with one out in the 9th and Cano hits into the game ending DP!

• Options
    A nice win (pending) for the Sox, coupled with a Yankee loss to the Nats...we go 3 up in the Division.

Looking good so far, even D.O. seems to be getting his eye on the ball, which is a relief!!

Let's go for the sweep tomorrow. Hopefully the Braves won't be too much to handle...we'll see.
  • Options
    And congrats to Penny who got his 100th career win. I was surprised he made it to 5 innings the way his pitch count was climbing!
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    Man Pedroia looked good last night!
  • Options
    Pedroia had a mini slump...looks like he's heating up.
  • Options

<< <i>And congrats to Penny who got his 100th career win. I was surprised he made it to 5 innings the way his pitch count was climbing! >>

Not sure we will get tonights game in because of impending showers...
  • Options
    Hopefully they'll get the game in!
  • Options
    "Not sure we will get tonights game in because of impending showers... "

Plese dont uze 50-sent werds lyke "impending". We dont hav a dickshonary.

Sux Naishen

• Options

<< <i>Hopefully they'll get the game in! >>

Well looks like the Showers are not impending anymore!

Raining Raining Raining image
  • Options
    Game on and a bomb from Youk in the first!
  • Options
    Ummm What is going on? Lester giving up two HR's?

Lets cut out the nonsense Jon and get on track.
  • Options
    Youkilis is so Uggla -- game tied at one. Come on you Bean-Town boys -- could you provide the updates a little faster. We all need to know every time a run scores, every time somebody makes an error, somebody blows his nose, somebody takes a practice swing, ...

Why not do the rest of us a favor and simply send each other text messages ... image
  • Options
    Taking 2 out of 3 against Philadelphia and Florida would be fine with me. Taking 2 out of 3 for the rest of the year would
    be perfect IMO.
  • Options

<< <i>Youkilis is so Uggla -- game tied at one. Come on you Bean-Town boys -- could you provide the updates a little faster. We all need to know every time a run scores, every time somebody makes an error, somebody blows his nose, somebody takes a practice swing, ...

Why not do the rest of us a favor and simply send each other text messages ... image >>

I loved George Brett.
  • Options
    "I loved George Brett."

That's better!! Much better topic than Lester giving up 2 HRs ... Maybe there's hope after all. image
  • Options
    For someone who hates the Sox so much you sure get off on this thread troll boy.
  • Options
    Might even wanna comment/joke/laugh about Arod currently hitting .215 -- anything but a boring blow-by-blow of the game as it's being played ... image
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,467 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the Ortiz hot streak obviously does not include hustling...he totally mailed it in when he popped up. Should have been on second base after that error...could have changed it to a 2-2 game before the tarp was rolled out. LAZY is what you get for $12+ million per year.

• Options
    Not looking like this game is going to be resumed.

Oh well could be worse like getting swept by the hapless 'Nats image
  • Options
    Don't know if the game will be resumed, but I will comment on Ortiz. He needs to get over the "oh crap, I hit a pop up" and stop slapping the bat away in disgust. He needs to get the lead out and make the best of every time he puts the ball in play. How many times recently have we seen balls dropped for whatever reason? That's exactly how the Yankees won their last game.

Other than that I hope we can continue to improve. Drew still bugs the hell out of me. The dude gets about $95k per game and just isn't consistent enough to warrant such heavy coin. Lugo must be calling his agent at this point, maybe he's trade bait before the end of July, Green is playing too well to be sat down. What to do with Lowrie when he gets back???

Any word on Remdawg?
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    Cheap way to lose. As for the Yanks...image
  • Options

<< <i>Don't know if the game will be resumed, but I will comment on Ortiz. He needs to get over the "oh crap, I hit a pop up" and stop slapping the bat away in disgust. He needs to get the lead out and make the best of every time he puts the ball in play. How many times recently have we seen balls dropped for whatever reason? That's exactly how the Yankees won their last game.

Other than that I hope we can continue to improve. Drew still bugs the hell out of me. The dude gets about $95k per game and just isn't consistent enough to warrant such heavy coin. Lugo must be calling his agent at this point, maybe he's trade bait before the end of July, Green is playing too well to be sat down. What to do with Lowrie when he gets back???

Any word on Remdawg? >>

that Ortiz blunder likely cost the Sox the game...he was the tying run.

Chances are, the Sox will try to move Lugo and will end up paying most of his salary. The fact that he has been hitting well may help. I sure don't know what team is desperate enough to take him though. Lowrie is (was, at least before injury) too good a fielder not to have on the team. I'd imagine Lowrie would come back AT FIRST in a limited role, perhaps as the utility infielder, giving Lowell, Green, and Pedroia a day off every now and then. If he regains form and can hit, then Green would be relegated to the utility role. At least that's how I see it in my perfect world image

Nothing on Remy that's official, all is purely speculation.
  • Options
    I like that theory Barndog. I don't see anyone picking up Lugo and his salary. Theo will have to eat the remaining contract or most of it.

I hope Remy is doing better. I miss him although Eck and Orsillo seem to have some good chemistry. Dave Roberts has a way to go.
  • Options
    Clearly the Red Sox have a dilema at SS. Lugo has to go even though he draws a huge salary. Green is a lock IMO, Lowrie may be trade bait. Is Drew under a long contract? Hard to believe his salary for what he does!!

I wish they would periodically say something about Remy. Lung cancer can't be a good thing and he musth've had some MAJOR serious issues. Waaaaaaaay back when, like High School, I used to smoke 3 packs of lucky strikes a day!! I cnontinued that insanity till early 1970. The very day I got home from Vietnam I went cold turkey and quit...tough for a few days, but I made it.

I kinda like the Orsillo-Eck team. Eck brings some earthy comments to the booth and doesn't over analyze the situation, pretty much tells it like it is, hair, cheese and moss...I like the guy. Dave Roberts, who seems to constantly say "right there" is never gonna make the booth. I know what he did in 2004, but I'd be looking for another job, he just doesn't do it for me.

Hey Bob,,,let me know what time you guys think you'll be making it to the game a week from Saturday. Perhaps I can come in a bit early and meet up, I may not have my ticket in hand till that Saturday, hopefully I can convince my buddy to get there reasonably early. Looks to me like you got some very good seats, you will not be disappointed. If push comes to shove, we can of course stay in touch via cell and meet at a beer stand on the lower level.

Will the Boston fans mock the tomahawk chop? I hope so.
  • Options
    Drew is signed for 2010 and 2011, IIRC

I think no way they trade Lowrie. Not only would teams be suspect of him just off a lengthy injury, but he's the Sox future (foreseeable, anyway) at SS.

Chances are that NESN isn't announcing anything about Remy because Remy has not authorized them to do so. Patient privacy is pretty important stuff in healthcare these days, so an update on Remy will come only when Remy decides it would be OK.
  • Options

<< <i>Clearly the Red Sox have a dilema at SS. Lugo has to go even though he draws a huge salary. Green is a lock IMO, Lowrie may be trade bait. Is Drew under a long contract? Hard to believe his salary for what he does!!

I wish they would periodically say something about Remy. Lung cancer can't be a good thing and he musth've had some MAJOR serious issues. Waaaaaaaay back when, like High School, I used to smoke 3 packs of lucky strikes a day!! I cnontinued that insanity till early 1970. The very day I got home from Vietnam I went cold turkey and quit...tough for a few days, but I made it.

I kinda like the Orsillo-Eck team. Eck brings some earthy comments to the booth and doesn't over analyze the situation, pretty much tells it like it is, hair, cheese and moss...I like the guy. Dave Roberts, who seems to constantly say "right there" is never gonna make the booth. I know what he did in 2004, but I'd be looking for another job, he just doesn't do it for me.

Hey Bob,,,let me know what time you guys think you'll be making it to the game a week from Saturday. Perhaps I can come in a bit early and meet up, I may not have my ticket in hand till that Saturday, hopefully I can convince my buddy to get there reasonably early. Looks to me like you got some very good seats, you will not be disappointed. If push comes to shove, we can of course stay in touch via cell and meet at a beer stand on the lower level.

Will the Boston fans mock the tomahawk chop? I hope so. >>

Saturday is wide open. I expect we'll find something for the boys to do in the AM but get to the park pretty early. I'll let you know for sure. The Nation invades Atlanta!
  • Options
    OK girls, let's hear it ...

That Matsuzaka really stinks
    Can't believe we're payin' him 8 million this year
    He's the oldest lookin' 28-year-old I've ever seen
    Big Popeye has a better arm than Matsuzaka
    [that's at least a start for you whiners]

Guess we won't need to strike up the band tonight, girls -- a violin will suffice. image
  • Options

<< <i>OK girls, let's hear it ...

That Alex Gordon really stinks
    Can't believe we're payin' him anything this year
    He's the oldest lookin' 24-year-old I've ever seen
    Big Popeye has a better arm than the ol' Cornhusker

; >>

Very nicely said. I'm starting to like you image
  • Options
    Ok lets forget the 6 man rotation for now?

Im willing to bet that Smoltz will bring more to the table than Dice at this point...

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>OK girls, let's hear it ...

That Alex Gordon really stinks
    Can't believe we're payin' him anything this year
    He's the oldest lookin' 24-year-old I've ever seen
    Big Popeye has a better arm than the ol' Cornhusker

; >>

Very nicely said. I'm starting to like you image >>

image You forgot to add - "Moonshine is great in these here backwoods of mizzo-ri"
  • Options
    Who's Alex Gordon? image
  • Options
    Never mind -- just looked him up -- some guy on Kansas City -- I don't think he'll hit .390

I've never been to Missouri -- but I have seen the Big Arch from a plane -- does that count?
  • Options
    Since the BeanTowners are gettin' buried tonight, let me offer you girls some trivia:

Who's the only player (MLB) to win the MVP award in 3 different decades?
    ANS. George Brett