Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My dear dear friends,

Comments

• Options
    I am deeply saddened for your loss... I have 3 little kids of my own and could not contemplate what you must feel.

But I will say I know one thing... I would be standing tall and proud that my son did what he knew was right and honorable. I hope you are finding comfort with that.

I thank him and you as well for supporting him in the protection of our nation... not a perfect nation... but damn it... we are good people and we love our freedom.

/ed
  • Options
    RonyahskiRonyahski Posts: 3,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your son protected us and gave all that he had to give. No one can ask for more. God bless him, his family, and our country.
    Some refer to overgraded slabs as Coffins. I like to think of them as Happy Coins.
  • Options
    My deepest sympathies for your loss and you and your family are in my prayers.
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    My God....
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

My deepest condolences - I'm truly sorry for your loss.

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    I've looked at this thread many, many times today and every time I get a sick feeling deep in my stomach. I have a son named Michael and I can't even imagine what I would do if something ever happened to him. You have my deepest sympathies.

Shane
  • Options
    I am deeply sorry for your loss. Those are great photos which I'm sure you will cherish and rightly so. They show a great looking young man who selflessly served his country making his father, his country, and clearly the members of this board very proud. I sincerely appreciate his service and sacrifice for our country. You and your family will be in our prayers.

Mike
    Witty sig line currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.
  • Options
    HighReliefHighRelief Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My prayers are with you and family tonight.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God

Matthew Chapter 5:4 and 5:9
  • Options
    sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss.
  • Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭

RIP

most tender sympathies...
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    So sorry.
    My deepest sympathies.
    Collector Of Indian Cents!
    Fly-In Club
    My PCGS Registry Sets
  • Options
    I am so saddened at your loss. He was a handsome young man and the world is worse for his leaving. May God bless you and your family.

John
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm terribly sorry to hear this. Profound thanks and condolences for your family's ultimate and tragic sacrifice.
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Very sorry to hear that. My heart goes out to you.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭
    I am really sorry to hear this, My Son served Two Tours of Duty in Iraq as a Combat Medic, he came home this pase April, while he was in the service I always had a Blue Star Flag in my Sig Line. I have created a Gold Star Flag if you would like to put it in your sig line.

I will pray for your Son, his fellow Soldiers that passed, and your Family.

You can copy the picture and host it or use the link in you sig line.

Tim Mayberry

http://trenpd7.googlepages.com/1goldstar.jpg

On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    Dear Kory,

Like everyone else who has replied, words are hard to find as I fight back tears. God bless you and your family and may you find comfort with Him as you mourn your dear Michael. He was indeed a hero, and I thank him for his service to our nation, and you for raising such a caring and unselfish son. He's surrounded by the awesome glory and peace of Heaven now and you'll see him again one day. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Marlene
    Have bought and sold on BST, many references available when asked.
  • Options
    Dam it! I know our freedom is not free. Again, we are all reminded just how expensive it really is. God bless.

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is horrible -- my deepest sympathies.

Your son is a true hero and I thank him for his service and sacrifice to our country.
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss, my prayers are with you and your familyAlso May GOD be with you during this time of grieving. GOD BLESS and take care,MoJo
    Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss.
    With time things will get better - but you will never forget.
    I lost a son four years ago and not a day goes by that I dont think of him.
    In time those memories will help you make it through the day.
    You will cherish those memories!

• Options
    Kory,

A child should not precede a parent in death. As the father of two and retired military member, I weep with you in this tragic loss. From the pictures you posted I can tell that your son was very, very special to you and you to him. I heartfully thank him for his service to his country and offer you and your family my deepest sympathies.
    Dave of the cornfields
  • Options
    direwolf1972direwolf1972 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭
    My thoughts are with you and your family. I appreciate your sons efforts for our country.
    I'll see your bunny with a pancake on his head and raise you a Siamese cat with a miniature pumpkin on his head.

You wouldn't believe how long it took to get him to sit still for this.

• Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having scrolled through all the posts,
    I agree with all that has been said already,
    This may be a first for our forum,
    Total agreement on the fact that

Your son is a hero
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    May God Bless your son and your family during this time. He is nothing short of an American Hero. Stay strong and know my family is praying for yours right now.
  • Options
    Kory,

I am very sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you and yours.

Bstat
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kory...
    I am so sorry to hear of this... we go back a long way on this forum, and I feel I know you and through you, your son. What a terrible loss.... RickO
  • Options
    78saen78saen Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Positive Transactions, CharlotteDude, SpaceMonkey, pcgs69, LeeG, MICHAELDIXON, drddm, yellowkid, jmj3esq, colorcommem, CommemDude, lkeigwin, InYHWHWeTrust, ajaan, CoinAddict, CCC2010, coinsarefun, nibanny, scrapman1077, fivecents, erickso1, ibzman350, lakeshore and more.
  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are NO words that can express the feeling I have for your loss.

I can see by the photo you posted your son was in the infantry, by the CIB on his uniform.

May God bless your, your family, and all military members that protect us.

Our Payers are with you.

Pat Vetter
    SFC (ret) Army 29 years
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    I am deeply saddened to hear of your loss. I discussed your loss at the family dinner table. Our prayers are with you and your family.

We all agreed, including my 11 y.o. stepson, that your son is a hero.

We will all say a prayer in Michael's name and for you and your family at the upcoming Jewish Holiday services.

Jeff.K. Karp

Meet my first little guy, Benjamin. Born 4/8/2007
    Pic taken at 2.5 years of age.
  • Options
    May God bless you and your family in this time of sorrow. You son is a hero to this great country and I thank him and you for his service and sacrifice.

Chris
  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this needs to stay on the first page!!!!!!
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options

<< <i>this needs to stay on the first page!!!!!! >>

I've been haunted by the loss of this brave young man for the past two days. I can't imagine the sorrow and pain the family must be going through. As the father of a 15 yo boy, my only child, this type of thing shakes me to my core. I've also discussed this with my family and our prayers are with you.
    “When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.” — Benjamin Franklin

My icon IS my coin. It is a gem 1949 FBL Franklin.
  • Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's about the cruelest cut I think life can dish out. I wish I could do more than say I'm truly sorry about your loss.
    "Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    I too am deeply sorry for your loss. Your son is a hero. Your family is in my prayers. -Frank
  • Options
    seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    Very sorry for your loss
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.
  • Options
    So sorry to hear of your loss.
    Your family is in my prayers.
    Gary
  • Options
    I just wanted to let you know this made our local news, as I am in the Tulsa area.

Here is a link to the article online.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    So sorry to hear of your loss, many thanks for his service to our country.
    Exclusively collecting Capped Bust Halves in VF to AU, especially rarity 3 and up.
    Joe G.
    Great BST purchases completed with commoncents123, p8nt, blu62vette and Stuart. Great coin swaps completed with rah1959, eyoung429 and Zug. Top-notch consignment experience with Russ.
  • Options
    Very handsome lad, you should be very proud. Its always hard when a parent outlives their kid, take solace in the fact that one day you will be reunited with him in some form or the other, hopefully you won't take the loss too hard, will definately drink a cold one in his honor tonight, god bless!
  • Options
    percybpercyb Posts: 3,303 ✭✭✭
    My warmest condolences.
    "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • Options
    My sincerest condolences. Bob
    Pecunia in arbotis non crescit.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Society of the 3rd Infantry Division, U. S. Army
    "Men who have offered their lives for their country know that patriotism is not fear of something;
    it is the love of something." Adlai Stevenson-1952 speech to American Legion

There are no words to comfort you ! Our young men and women are in service out of love for family and a sense of duty to their country. Hold fast to that fact !
  • Options
    Very very sorry to hear about your loss. Your son was a Hero! image
    ~William
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭

Kory - I am so so sorry to hear of your loss. image

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It is with great sorrow I inform you that my beloved youngest son, Michael E. Thompson, was killed yesterday when the Chinook he was flying on crashed in western Iraq. Pleae keep my family in your prayers in this time of great, great loss for us. He was, and will always be my hero, my beloved son......Koryimageimageimageimage >>

I'm deeply saddened for your loss, but uplifted by your beautiful pictures of your son with his dad and dog..

God Bless you and your family. image
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭

My thoughts are with you..... I am truly stunned at this event. I have a cousin over in Iraq on his THIRD tour of duty, he comes home in Nov.

TC
  • Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    May God be with you in this difficult time. Your son is a true patriot. Find solace in the fact that he gave the ultimate sacrifice for his country and every citizen. God bless you and yours. image
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    Sorry to hear of the sad news.

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to you and your family for giving so much that we all can be what we are.
    It has been said to many times but FREEDOM is not free.
    You and yours have the deepest condolences from me and mine, we will add to our payers for him.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

RIP and thank you
    ·p_A·

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file