Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My dear dear friends,

Comments

• Options
    My deepest sympathies to you and your family. Your son is my hero as well.

Garrow
  • Options
    No words can suffice in such a tragic situation. Your son was hero who was fighting for our liberties. I am thankful that we have people like him. My deepest sympathies go out to your family.
    Nick
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,615 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kory and family,
    You have my prayers.
    Bless you for allowing your son to serve all of us. Be proud, and strong.
    bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very sorry to hear of your loss.

Our prayers are with you and your loved ones.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's heartbreaking to hear of a parent losing a child. It's just not supposed to work that way.

I think we all have the utmost respect and gratitude for our troops, regardless of our opinions on the war itself.

Your son died honorably, and I am truly sorry for your loss.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

.............so sorry, please accept my condolences.
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    INXSINXS Posts: 1,202
    My prayers are with you and your family. There are no words to say at a time like this that will help.
    "Well here's another nice mess you have gotten me into" Oliver Hardy 1930

BST successful dealings with:MsMorrisine, goldman86
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm speechless. Surely something can be said. I'll try.

God be with you and your family.

I thought I could relate, almost, in the tiniest way, having had a very close shave with my daughter being kicked in the head by a horse Monday and badly hurt.

But no, I can't relate. I can't imagine. I don't want to imagine.

My daughter is safe and sound, now. All the nightmares we went through the other day pretty much ended when she came home with us from the hospital. I'm still having nightmares about it when I sleep, though.

Our fears and sorrows, as awful as they were, can only be the tiniest fraction of what you're going through right now.

You will indeed be in my prayers.

And though it's small compensation and consolation, I think I speak with most of the rest of this nation in thanking your family for its sacrifice, and wishing you courage and consolation in this difficult time.

May God bless you and your family, and America too.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well said, LordM.....my sentiments exactly. Our prayers are with you.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm speechless. Surely something can be said. I'll try.

God be with you and your family.

I thought I could relate, almost, in the tiniest way, having had a very close shave with my daughter being kicked in the head by a horse Monday and badly hurt.

But no, I can't relate. I can't imagine. I don't want to imagine.

My daughter is safe and sound, now. All the nightmares we went through the other day pretty much ended when she came home with us from the hospital. I'm still having nightmares about it when I sleep, though.

Our fears and sorrows, as awful as they were, can only be the tiniest fraction of what you're going through right now.

You will indeed be in my prayers.

And though it's small compensation and consolation, I think I speak with most of the rest of this nation in thanking your family for its sacrifice, and wishing you courage and consolation in this difficult time.

May God bless you and your family, and America too. >>

Ditto from Des Moines.

John
    John C. Knudsen, LM ANA 2342, LM CSNS 337
    SFC, US Army (Ret.) 1974-1994
  • Options
    RobbRobb Posts: 2,034
    RIP
    imageRIP
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a great looking kid that went out and made his family proud of him. Hopefully in time your grief will subside to a certain extent. May god be with him and your family.

Ken
  • Options
    sorry for your loss. your family will be in my prayers.
  • Options
    I am very grateful for your son's service. I will keep him and your family in my prayers.

Respectfully,

Bob
  • Options
  • Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭
    We are grateful for Michael's service and mourn his passing. We will be praying for you and your family.
    There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭

I'm so sorry. I can't imagine what you must be going through right now. I KNOW you are proud of him, his commitment, his unselfishness, and his loyalty. That doesn't take away the pain, but helps in remembrance. May the blessings, comfort, strength, and peace of the Lord be with you through this trying time.

-wes
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss, and every family who has loss a son, daughter, husband, father, wife, sister, brother, and friend in this place called Iraq.
    Big Kahuna

• Options
    pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    I am sorry and i echo Saintguru's comments.
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having served in the same unit as your son (evidenced by unit patch on shoulder), this hurts. There are no words to comfort you, but be assured there are tens of thousands of fellow soldiers and veterans who share in your loss and grieve with you.

My deepest regrets and heartfelt condolences.

Joe
  • Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭
    I am so very sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences, and my sincere thanks for your son's service.
  • Options
    mtnmanmtnman Posts: 569 ✭✭✭
    God's blessings to you and your family during this terrible time.
  • Options
    I'm saddened to learn of your loss. Really. My eyes are welling up with tears. I'll tell my wife and we will both pray for him and your family.
  • Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    His mission was to secure our freedom for today and for this countries future. The sacrifice he unselfishly gave will allow my children and my grand children to prosper and survive. My heart felt sympathy goes out to you and your family for this tragic loss.

~Woody~
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    LoveMyLibertyLoveMyLiberty Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭
    Crying is something I seldom ever do,,,I am now
    He was my son too, as they all are
    He will always be my hero
    I am sorry
    My Type Set

R.I.P. Bear image
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    I am deeply sorry.

How proud you must be.
  • Options

Oh my God. It is so sad. I wished it was all just a dream. I'm so sorry. Thank you for your Family's sacrafice to this Country. He, along with your Family are all Heroes. My prayers are with you all.
  • Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    In your remorse, be proud of the service he gave to his country. We of this forum are truely saddened by your family's loss. Feel the outpouring of condolences and heartbreak from us all.
    Paul
  • Options
  • Options
    I am deeply sorry to hear that. My prayers for him and your family.
  • Options
    So sorry to hear of your loss. I wish you and your family the best in this tragic time.

Lope
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • Options
    BRdudeBRdude Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    I thank everyone so much for their thoughts and prayers. I'm afraid I am at a loss for words myself. I appreciate all the pM's with supportive thoughts. I also mourn for the 6 other lives lost in this tragic incident. Their families, I'm sure, feel much the same as we do today. So sad. All I can say is Thank you......
    AKA kokimoki
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
    Join the NRA and protect YOUR right to keep and bear arms
    To protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart. Theodore Roosevelt
    [L]http://www.ourfallensoldier.com/ThompsonMichaelE_MemorialPage.html[L]
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am so sorry for your loss.
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    I am so very sorry and prayers for you and your family those in Service to our Country.

I have the utmost respect and honor for those who risk their lives and those who work to defend our Great Nation.

God Bless you and your family
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no words to express my feelings for both your loss and for my appreciation of you son's service. I am truly sorry.

Bob
  • Options
    jdillanejdillane Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭
    So difficult to fathom the depths of the loss you have suffered. No parent should have to endure the loss of a child. May you be comforted in your faith, in the fact that your son is forever a hero and a great American. May your sorrow also be blunted by the pride you undoubtedly feel for all that he did in life. What a strapping young man, our countries' finest.
  • Options

God Bless your son and your family.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    The loss of a child is the worst and your grief is, if only momentarily for some, shared by those who read your post. All the best to you and yours in your mourning, as well as those of the others who perished.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    Sorry about your loss....Thoughts and Prayers for you and your family.

There's only One
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My sincere condolences and deepest sympathy.
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't know you but this is a day when you must cry for your son and also celebrate his unselfish commitment to his country in the face of danger. He's your hero and ours too.

I'd take one soldier over 100 punk anarchists who think that this country owes them the right to do nothing and protest about it.

Your son had courage, integrity and died as a man.

I am very sorry for your loss. Be proud.

Jay Brahin >>

Could not of been better stated, I am very sorry for your loss.

• Options
    valiant, hero, patriot.

deepest condolences,

jsf
  • Options
    I can think of nothing worse than losing a child. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    God is with you in this time of sorrow.

Ray
  • Options
    wam98wam98 Posts: 2,685
    This is such a tragedy. May God be with you and your family in this time of mourning.
    Wayne
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    My condolences. Even though I'm not a parent, I can't imagine there are many worse feelings than losing a child.

I can only hope that the pride you must feel in his patriotism, heroism, courage and selflessness in duty to country can, in some small way, provide at least some small comfort in a horribly difficult time.
  • Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear this. Try to keep your chin up.

David
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To have all the pride of being a father come crashing down on you in a moment must seem unbearable. His sacrifice, and yours are not in vain. What you did to raise your son, filling him with enough right-mindedness to persue his chosen path and fight for what he believed in, is worth more than words can express. Still, thinking of my own children, a shudder of fear and the void of a missed heartbeat pass with such news. I am deeply saddened for your loss.
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After seeing this sad thread over two hour ago, I still can't think of any meaningful words to write. Nothing makes any sense.

All I can say is I have a new hero: your son Mike. I am so pround of that young man. God bless his heart, and yours. I am so, so sorry for your loss.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file