Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My dear dear friends,

Comments

• Options
    ksammutksammut Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

God bless your son!
    American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 39,000 items sold

My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

• Options
    holeinone1972holeinone1972 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭
    Terribly sorry for your loss.

God Bless and take care of your family.
  • Options
    Words escape me at news like this. I am very saddened by your loss. Your fallen son is my hero as well.
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing much I can say, except I am so sorry, and am keeping you and your son in my prayers.
  • Options
    MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry for your and your family's loss.

Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • Options
    My condolences to you and your family...
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very sorry to hear of your loss.

I'm sure his death is a loss for our country as well. He looks to have been a formidable soldier and son.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. Your son is a true Amercian Hero.
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have no idea how sorry we are for you and to hear of your sons passing. It is always hard to hear of such a loss, but an American Hero always really hits a special part of me hard. May you and your family find comfort in eachother and peace and understanding from God. As a new, first time dad myself..... I can't even imagine...

I hope this is not taken the wrong way but it is in my signature line I use at work, with the US NAVY, and I think it is a very powerfull statement. Everyone can have a different interpretation, but I hope you can find meaning in it.

"The probability that we may fall in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just; it shall not deter me." - Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    gyocomgdgyocomgd Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭
    What a good-looking kid! He exudes strength, goodness and high character.
    My deepest condolences.

• Options
    CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am very sorry to hear you lost your youngest son. Your pictures show us a glimpse of a TRUE HERO.

His sacrifice for this great country is appreciated beyond words and my prayers are with you and your family.
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Sorry to hear of your great loss. image
    Life member of the SSDC
  • Options
    nothing said can stop what you are feeling - I cant say enough about our soldiers and what they do for us - your son is a hero in every sense - I truly wish you and your family the best - you are in my prayers.
    currently putting together a EF/AU/BU 18th & 19th Century Type Set; and CC Morgan Set

just completed 3d tour to Iraq and retired after 28+ years in the US Army
  • Options
    I cannot add any more words that have already been written , but as a former US ARMY
    Vet , with Vietnam service , I will remember the next sunday when I'm in church .
    Home of quality widgets
  • Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    God bless you and your family.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,836 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My condolences to you and your family for the loss of your son. Nothing could be worse for a parent than the loss of a child. Your son's service and the ultimate price he paid make evidence his nobility and honor. The USA owes a debt to your son and your family that can not be repaid. God bless him and your family.
  • Options
    so so sorry for your loss. god bless him and all your family.image
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    raysrays Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry to hear of your loss. I can't imagine walking in your shoes today.
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am so sorry to hear this news. I saw your post yesterday with "your two youngest boys" Link
    I was shocked and saddened by your loss, less than 24 hours later. My prayers are with you and your family.
  • Options
    CharlotteDudeCharlotteDude Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heartfelt condolences go out to you and yours... anyone who serves our country in the armed forces is a hero. Your son made the ultimate sacrifice so that we may live safer, keeping the bad guys over there instead of over here. I, for one, am very grateful for the decisions your son made to serve... I am truly sorry that he won't be returning with his comrades. Take care...

'dude
    Got Crust....y gold?
  • Options
    jhdflajhdfla Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭
    My sincerest condolences to you and your family. Hearing news like this even tho we don't know each other personally is extremely distressing, we give so many of our heroes to protect this country and the freedoms we all enjoy.

john
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    memories, good times, family.

Your son served most admirably for you, your family, and his country.

I am going to take a moment of silence for your son, as this is the least I can do.
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My sincerest condolences to you and your family. Hearing news like this even tho we don't know each other personally is extremely distressing, we give so many of our heroes to protect this country and the freedoms we all enjoy.

john >>

Amen, I couldn't have said it better. My heartfelt condolences to your family as well.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    Extending sympathy to you on the loss of your dear son Michael, I offer this poem by Ralph Waldo Emerson:

A Nation's Strength

What makes a nation's pillars high
    And it's foundations strong?
    What makes it mighty to defy
    The foes that round it throng?

It is not gold. Its kingdoms grand
    Go down in battle shock;
    It's shafts are laid on sinking sand
    Not on abiding rock.

Is it the sword? Ask the red dust
    Of empires passes away;
    The blood has turned their stones to rust.
    Their glory to decay.

And is it pride? Ah, that bright crown
    Has seemed to nations sweet;
    But God has struck its luster down
    In ashes at his feet.

Not gold but only men can make
    A people great and strong;
    Men who for truth and honor's sake
    Stand fast and suffer long.

Brave men who work while others sleep,
    Who dare while others fly...
    They build a nation's pillars deep
    And lift them to the sky.

• Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kory...my prayers are with you and your family...

K
    ANA LM
  • Options
    I am so sorry.

I am so grateful for your son's service and sacrifice to our country.

You and your family will be in my prayers.

Richard
    RAH1959
  • Options
    PBRatPBRat Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    I offer my condolences.
  • Options
    My heartfelt condolences to you and your family, what an abosolutely horrific tragedy. I can't even begin to imagine what you must be going through. I read this entire thread and I have never been one to express my thoughts well on paper. Coxe, Jay Brahin and LordM expressed some the of thoughts I had very eloquently.

Our families thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Best Regards,

Rob

"Those guys weren't Fathers they were...Mothers."

• Options
    So sorry to hear about your loss. Its always a great loss when we lose some one in Iraq.
    "One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making new discoveries" -A.A. Milne
  • Options
    My deepest sympathies. Prayers are not simply enough; stay strong in knowing that he was and is a hero in every sense of the word.
    Charter member of CA, Coinaholics Anonymous-6/7/2003
    Kewpie Doll award-10/29/2007
    Successful BST transactions with Coinboy and Wondercoin.
  • Options
    StupidStupid Posts: 558 ✭✭✭
    Thoughts and prayers go to you and your family.
  • Options
    I am at a loss for anything to say. I will pray for you and your family.

merse

• Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 8,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dood...........image
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    PCcoinsPCcoins Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry for your loss, losing a family member can be very tough. He truly is a hero, and gave his life for his country.

Keep your head up. And God Bless
    "It is what it is."
  • Options
    There is not much that can make up for your loss and our countries loss. I also have a son in Iraq. My heart and prayers are with you and your family. Your loss here, is heavens gain. God Less you and your family.
  • Options
    anablepanablep Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am truly sorry for your loss.

My heart is with you and your family during this difficult time.

And I thank your son for his service to our country. He is indeed a hero...
    Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry to hear you lost your youngest son. Whenever I read your post, it brought tears to my eyes. In fact, as I type this, I have tears running down my face. As Ray said, you have lost a son and I have lost a brother in arms. You have my condolences and prayers.
    Michael Dixon
    Sergeant First Class (Retired)
    United States Army
    1983-2003
    Fall National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. Thanksgiving Battlefield Coin Show is November 29-30, 2024. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    Kory
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I am thankful for his service, and I will light a candle for him and his crew.

my thoughts are with you & yours at this time of sorrow.

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    BRdudeBRdude Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    TextText
    Here ae the stories. I leaned more here than what the Army has told me....
    I want to thank everybody for their response to this. I just consider this place like a second family as long as I have been here. I remember when you all shared my grief on the death of my beloved sister several years ago. I just needed that again, and I thank you all for it. From the bottom of my heart....Kory Thompson
    AKA kokimoki
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
    Join the NRA and protect YOUR right to keep and bear arms
    To protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart. Theodore Roosevelt
    [L]http://www.ourfallensoldier.com/ThompsonMichaelE_MemorialPage.html[L]
  • Options
    EdscoinEdscoin Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭
    I am so Sorry to hear this. Your Family is in our thoughts and prayers.
    ED
  • Options
    66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭
    I am so very sorry to hear this BRdude.

I haven't read the wholed thread, but I saw Saintguru's post and I think he said it quite well how a few of us here feel.

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am very sorry for your loss, you personalized a tragedy we heard about on the news tonight. Bless your son and you and your family in this time of your loss.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    Deepest sympathy for the loss of your son.
  • Options
    pendragon1998pendragon1998 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭
    God be with you all in this difficult time. I'm so sorry to hear about this.
  • Options
    JoeLewisJoeLewis Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭
    What a truly horrific thing to have to go through. I'm very sorry.
  • Options
    My friend, I feel for you. stay strong.

My prayers prayers in this time of great, great loss .

Ray
  • Options
    Im soo sorry for your loss. It is always a great loss when anyone is lost in the war....
    MSgt USAF Jan-06 - Present
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kory,

I echo the sentiments of Ray Paseo and Michael Dixon, as I too have lost a brother. I remember seeing your post just the other day of your "two boys", and thinking of what a strong, good looking son you have, and that the military's job was in good hands with him there.

I offer my wishes for peace and strength in this most difficult time for you and your family. You and they are definitely not alone in your love and respect for Michael. He will never be forgotten by any of us.

Steve Dawson
    Master Sergeant, US Air Force
  • Options
    I cannot imagine the pain and greif you feel right now. Im sorry for this tremendous loss.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file