Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

HOF FOOTBALL RC AUTOGRAPH SHOWCASE/DISCUSSION

Comments

• Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Happy New Year everyone! I know we've done this in the past, but I would love to hear what everyone's collecting goals will be for 2013! I have multiple sets I'm trying to complete and will post and update of how I did in 2012. I hope everyone is safe tonight!

Reese >>

Reese,

Good question. I currently need 13 cards to complete the set. I would like to knock 4 off my list - Steve Van Buren, Pete Pihos, Shannon Sharpe and one toughie (Battles, Edwards, Friedman, Hinkle, Millner, Nagurski, Strong, Stydahar, Thorpe or Waterfield). Besides that I could like to upgrade couple of cards, knock off the entire class of 2013 and knock at least a dozen of the future HOFers.

How about everyone else?

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    I picked this beauty up on E-Bay. The one in my set (link below) is for sale - asking $150 dlvd.

Link to my set - George Connor rc for sale - $150 dlvd

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    Greg,

You weren't kidding when you said the Connor you picked up was nice! That card is blazing!!!

Reese
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • Options
    I sent my Steve Owen signed rc to JSA to be encapsulated mid last month. Look at how the card arrived after Fed Ex delivered it to JSA's office:

I am just f'ing sick. The box (made of heavy corrugated cardboard) was absolutely destroyed and the card was mangled. Thankfully I insured the card for $1,000, but I'm still losing $ even w/ the insurance. Needless to say, I will never use Fed Ex again.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    I am looking for some 1948 Leaf Autos:
    - Bobby Layne
    - Sid Luckman
    - Otto Graham

Does anyone have any available? For sale or trade? Or can anyone point me in the right direction?
  • Options

<< <i>I am looking for some 1948 Leaf Autos:
    - Bobby Layne
    - Sid Luckman
    - Otto Graham

Does anyone have any available? For sale or trade? Or can anyone point me in the right direction? >>

Otto Graham's rookie card is 1950 Bowman. The Layne and Luckman are pretty tough. I do have a Luckman for sale, but it's pretty rough. PM if interested.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    GRGR Posts: 550 ✭✭
    Sorry about your Owen Greg, thats a real tough break :/
    Nathan Wagner
  • Options
    My grades were finally posted on the order below:

Order #20666436 / Submission #4647340
    Line # Item # Cert # Grade Description Type
    1 1 20960434 NEAR MINT 7
    2008 DONRUSS CLASSICS CLASSIC CUTS CUTEN EARL "GREASY" NEALE
    Card
    2 1 20960435 NEAR MINT-MINT 8
    2011 PANINI PLATES & PATCHES GRIDIRON CUTS 31 TURK EDWARDS 1/1
    Card
    3 1 20960436 POOR 1
    1935 NATIONAL CHICLE 1 DUTCH CLARK
    Card
    Total Items: 3
    Date Received: 1/4/2013
    Date Shipped: N/A
    Order Status: OK

I'm thrilled to have finally added a signed 1935 National Chicle to my HOF rc collection.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Greg,

I'm so sorry to see what happened to the Owen. Will you still have it slabbed? The good new is that it didn't rip the card into multiple pieces.

Congrats on the Dutch! You will have to post pics when you get it back!
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    Guys, one of these days we really need to have the discussion about what modern cards to get signed. I'm working on a Heisman RC set and I'm about to pay to have Ron Dayne and Ricky Williams sign SP cards from the late 90's. They're nice cards, but if we continue to have those be the registry cards, there will be an artificially low supply of them because they have a limited print run. Can we all agree that post 1995 cards should all be Topps, Finest, Chrome or some sort of non SP Bowman? This seems ridiculous to be so short sighted.
  • Options

<< <i>Guys, one of these days we really need to have the discussion about what modern cards to get signed. I'm working on a Heisman RC set and I'm about to pay to have Ron Dayne and Ricky Williams sign SP cards from the late 90's. They're nice cards, but if we continue to have those be the registry cards, there will be an artificially low supply of them because they have a limited print run. Can we all agree that post 1995 cards should all be Topps, Finest, Chrome or some sort of non SP Bowman? This seems ridiculous to be so short sighted. >>

I've always worried about this as well. I think we are going to have trouble agreeing on specific cards especially when we have hundreds of options for rookies. I know some of those Chrome and Finest cards are difficult to sign with the gloss. I personally am not interested ( and will not) dish out $1000 to have a Manning SP Authentic RC signed. The funny part is that he is my favorite player!

Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Guys, one of these days we really need to have the discussion about what modern cards to get signed. I'm working on a Heisman RC set and I'm about to pay to have Ron Dayne and Ricky Williams sign SP cards from the late 90's. They're nice cards, but if we continue to have those be the registry cards, there will be an artificially low supply of them because they have a limited print run. Can we all agree that post 1995 cards should all be Topps, Finest, Chrome or some sort of non SP Bowman? This seems ridiculous to be so short sighted. >>

I've always worried about this as well. I think we are going to have trouble agreeing on specific cards especially when we have hundreds of options for rookies. I know some of those Chrome and Finest cards are difficult to sign with the gloss. I personally am not interested ( and will not) dish out $1000 to have a Manning SP Authentic RC signed. The funny part is that he is my favorite player!

Reese >>

I agree Reese. Tom Brady is my white whale as well. I would think his Bowman rookie would be FAR better for everyone in the autographed registry sets. Shelling out $700 for the card itself before signature is stupid. Plus it's a limited print run.

Although I disagree about the Chrome cards. If you prepare them properly, they take signatures fine. We should just agree on a flow chart for all cards and if they're available, you go with #1 on the list. (i.e. Topps #1, Topps Chrome #2, Topps Finest #3, Bowman #4, Bowman Chrome #5). Thus, we'd be using Manning's Topps rookie, Brady's Bowman RC etc. What's the major hangup with this?
  • Options
    I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure for the registry the card we have to use is determined by the HOF RC Set. Whatever card is determined "the best" RC is the one that we are forced to use since the sets have to be identical. Personally. I'd like it if we could used any RC of our choice, assuming the card is a legitimate RC but I think PSA took that option off the table as it was brought up for some of the 1948 Leaf/Bowman and 61 Topps/Fleer options.

On a side note, how do you prepare a glossy card for an autograph? I've never heard of that being done before. Does it damage the card?
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options

<< <i>I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure for the registry the card we have to use is determined by the HOF RC Set. Whatever card is determined "the best" RC is the one that we are forced to use since the sets have to be identical. Personally. I'd like it if we could used any RC of our choice, assuming the card is a legitimate RC but I think PSA took that option off the table as it was brought up for some of the 1948 Leaf/Bowman and 61 Topps/Fleer options.

On a side note, how do you prepare a glossy card for an autograph? I've never heard of that being done before. Does it damage the card? >>

You prepare a glossy card for an autograph by rubbing baby powder on the front of it.

And I agree that the procedure that PSA has usually taken is to take the card from the Hall of Fame unsigned registry. I am saying that for modern cards we should petition them to take a different approach with the new autograph registries. It seems silly to me to expect someone to pay $700 for a non-autographed card and then pay to have it signed when you can buy a certified autograph card for less than that. The issue here is that we're talking about after market signatures. If we could come to some sort of consensus on here, I would be happy to bring it up with Joe from a unified front. I would not presume to do it without some agreement.
  • Options
    I received my order back from PSA and scanned the Dutch Clark rc, Turk Edwards and Greasy Neale cut auto'd cards.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Greg- Those cards are awesome. I especially like the Turk Edwards cut. Congrats and let us know what happens with the Owen card.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    Great cards Greg! I haven't seen that Edwards before, but it is very nice!

The Clark is amazing! Congrats!
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options

<< <i>Great cards Greg! I haven't seen that Edwards before, but it is very nice!

The Clark is amazing! Congrats! >>

Thanks Reese - the card is a little rough, but the signature is still nice!

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    I have 4 Charles Haley rookies that I'm giving away to the first 4 people to PM me. He signed 5 for me and I'm keeping 1 and giving the rest away.

Thanks,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options

<< <i>I have 4 Charles Haley rookies that I'm giving away to the first 4 people to PM me. He signed 5 for me and I'm keeping 1 and giving the rest away.

Thanks,

Greg M. >>

PM sent
  • Options
    Greg! I need one! lol

Thanks!
    Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options

<< <i>I have 4 Charles Haley rookies that I'm giving away to the first 4 people to PM me. He signed 5 for me and I'm keeping 1 and giving the rest away.

Thanks,

Greg M. >>

According to SCN on 2/12/11 you sent him seven and got seven back, and on 1/22/13 you sent him eighteen and got fifteen cards back. No wonder less players will do TTM with stuff like that going on. image
  • Options

<< <i>

Thanks,

Greg M. >>

According to SCN on 2/12/11 you sent him seven and got seven back, and on 1/22/13 you sent him eighteen and got fifteen cards back. No wonder less players will do TTM with stuff like that going on. image >>

Brianwintersfan,

I'm the only person on SCN that he has responded to over the past 3 years (and only the second person since 2005). I sent him over 100 duplicates, including ~ 75 rookie cards. He signed 10 different cards for me (which I didn't already have) plus 5 rookie cards - which I promised him that I would keep one and give 4 away.

I'm sorry that you have a problem w/ my collecting habits, however Mr. Haley doesn't seem to mind.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    raiderguy10raiderguy10 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭

Thanks,

Greg M. >>

PM sent!!
    Collect HOF Autos and Anything Raiders.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

Thanks,

Greg M. >>

Will they be packed in a large, crushable box with no cardboard backing when you send them out? image
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options

<< <i>

Thanks,

Greg M. >>

Will they be packed in a large, crushable box with no cardboard backing when you send them out? image >>

No - I'll send them loose in a PWE!!

References:
  • Options
    Guys that are willing to sign for free are diminishing because of DBs that send them 100 cards at a time.
  • Options
    I have no problem with the way Greg handles TTM's. I know for a fact Greg first asks if it's appropriate with the athlete to send large orders. He also includes sizable donations to them or their foundation. At this point, most HOF players are already charging crazy amounts to just sign their name.

Greg, thanks for taking the time to not only arrange this signing, but also for giving us each a copy for FREE! I know the work you put into obtaining these sets is time consuming and expensive. Thanks for everything you do and your input on these boards.

Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    Anyone need an 1955 Topps All American Ace Parker? I have a duplicate PSA/DNA graded example. Would be willing to sell or trade. Looking for $100 dlvd or equal trade value.

Thanks!
    Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    I agree with Reese.
    Thanks again Greg.
  • Options
    I received my Haley card, thanks again Greg.
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    I am thinking about getting a RC signed by Drew Brees at next months SunTimes show. I am having a hard time deciding which card to get signed. I would like to use the card for my signed HOF rc registry set in the future. The problem I am having is that PSA uses Brees's 2001 Topps Chrome card for their future HOF set. I have always considered Brees's rc to be his 2000 Leaf Rookies & Stars card. What are other people's opinion about which card will be used if and when he gets into the HOF? I would just hate to spend the money and get the wrong card signed and have to pay to get another card signed in the future.
  • Options

<< <i>I am thinking about getting a RC signed by Drew Brees at next months SunTimes show. I am having a hard time deciding which card to get signed. I would like to use the card for my signed HOF rc registry set in the future. The problem I am having is that PSA uses Brees's 2001 Topps Chrome card for their future HOF set. I have always considered Brees's rc to be his 2000 Leaf Rookies & Stars card. What are other people's opinion about which card will be used if and when he gets into the HOF? I would just hate to spend the money and get the wrong card signed and have to pay to get another card signed in the future. >>

Further evidence of why we need standardized criteria for what RCs are and will be in the registry.
  • Options

<< <i>I am thinking about getting a RC signed by Drew Brees at next months SunTimes show. I am having a hard time deciding which card to get signed. I would like to use the card for my signed HOF rc registry set in the future. The problem I am having is that PSA uses Brees's 2001 Topps Chrome card for their future HOF set. I have always considered Brees's rc to be his 2000 Leaf Rookies & Stars card. What are other people's opinion about which card will be used if and when he gets into the HOF? I would just hate to spend the money and get the wrong card signed and have to pay to get another card signed in the future. >>

I am having a 2001 Topps Chrome Rookie Refactor signed at this upcoming show. This is the card in several of the Future HOF sets and the All TIme Great QB set. To further compound this issue, The All Time Great QB set has different rookie cards for some of the players than some of the other sets for HOF players. If I am not mistaken, a few of the decade HOF sets use different cards than other HOF sets. I typically get one of each signed and slabbed but at times those autos can be quite expensive. Basically, I am hedging to see what card will be in the sets as they are added.

Many times the Leaf cards will not be the recognized rookie card for the same reason that the 1985 Star card is not Michael Jordan's recognized rookie.....it was not sanctioned or authorized by the NBA. One of the very first Andrew Luck cards is the 2012 Leaf Metal. However, this will never be his recognized rookie card. For these sets, the rookies are almost always in their college Jerseys and there is no reference to their professional team. Leaf was sued by Luck over these cards as is the case every year and the defense is that the cards have historical value and are of a public figure.

Clear standardization is importnat. It is cheaper and easier to get a rookie card signed early that wait until the card has the value of the SP AUthentic Brady card.
  • Options
    Okay - I just go two PM's from people telling me that I am confused and there is consistency in the RC across sets. I knew trying to explain anything to a group of people would result in the usual.."No good deed goes unpunished" rule. So here is just one very clear example:

1980's HOF Quarterback Rookies - Look at the Aikman card (1989 TOPPS TRADED TROY AIKMAN 70T)
    Link to set

Pro Football Hall of Fame Rookie Players Look at Aikman (1989 SCORE TROY AIKMAN 270)
    Link to set

So, these are both RC HOF sets but clearly have different Aikman cards.

NOTE: Steve Young and Jim Kelly are also different cards in these two sets.
  • Options

<< <i>

Clear standardization is importnat. It is cheaper and easier to get a rookie card signed early that wait until the card has the value of the SP AUthentic Brady card. >>

Why can't this get any traction? They need to standardize it before it's too late and people get the wrong cards signed. The 2000 Bowman Brady should definitely be the card in the autograph registries. Forget the unsigned registry.
  • Options
    Grades just posted for my last order - the results were mixed. My 1950 Bowman Jim Finks and 1955 Topps AA Red Grange didn't pass (again) but the follow four were authenticated. The Stautner and Buchanan are available for sale and I'm waiting to hear back from two thread members whether they are interested.

Cert Number Spec No. Description Grade Status
    20958743 0208480522 1948 LEAF 52 LEO NOMELLINI BLUE BACKGROUND, RED JERSEY 4 Cert Printed View Item
    20958744 0202510910 1951 BOWMAN 91 EMLEN TUNNELL 2.5 Cert Printed View Item
    20958747 0202510960 1951 BOWMAN 96 ERNIE STAUTNER 1 Cert Printed
    20958748 0201640920 1964 TOPPS 92 BUCK BUCHANAN 5 Cert Printed

All 4 were raw E-Bay pick-ups - the Nomellini and Tunnell from a dealer that I buy from frequently and the other two were from random auctions. The Nomellini is the first that I've seen and the Tunnell is the second.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Clear standardization is importnat. It is cheaper and easier to get a rookie card signed early that wait until the card has the value of the SP AUthentic Brady card. >>

Why can't this get any traction? They need to standardize it before it's too late and people get the wrong cards signed. The 2000 Bowman Brady should definitely be the card in the autograph registries. Forget the unsigned registry. >>

I figured that I would weight in on the discussion. When Reese and I started the set several years ago, our intention was to mirror the unsigned set...which only works until the late 1990's when the card companies started releasing signed rookie cards. In the years where there is a signed rookie card available, then I think we should give collectors the choice of adding the best signed rookie card or the best unsigned rookie card - signed after market. This would allow the collector to customize his collection to his personal preference. Personally, I detest sticker signed cards, and many of the modern rookie cards are sticker signed. Therefore, I would choose to add the best unsigned rookie card and have it signed after market.

For any player that didn't have a signed rookie card released, my opinion is that we stick w/ the card chosen for the unsigned HOF/Future HOF set. I completely understand the resistance to including the 1998 SP Authentic Manning rc and 2000 SP Authentic Tom Brady rc, however its no different than having to get a Joe Namath rookie card signed...right? My raw rc cost $500 and the autograph cost $200 - so I have $700 into it. The Manning will cost roughly the same and the Brady will be even more expensive - possibly $1000 to $1200. I would hate to see the set diluted with less expensive rookie cards, although I understand the cost side of it...which is why I haven't added either card to my collection yet.

For whatever we decide, I would be glad to talk w/ PSA.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options

<< <i>Okay - I just go two PM's from people telling me that I am confused and there is consistency in the RC across sets. I knew trying to explain anything to a group of people would result in the usual.."No good deed goes unpunished" rule. So here is just one very clear example:

1980's HOF Quarterback Rookies - Look at the Aikman card (1989 TOPPS TRADED TROY AIKMAN 70T)
    Link to set

Pro Football Hall of Fame Rookie Players Look at Aikman (1989 SCORE TROY AIKMAN 270)
    Link to set

So, these are both RC HOF sets but clearly have different Aikman cards.

NOTE: Steve Young and Jim Kelly are also different cards in these two sets. >>

fcpowell,

I wouldn't give much credence to what cards are chosen for some of the specialty sets. I personally think that all sets including a rookie card of a particular player should include the same card - however that doesn't always happen. I would stick w/ the card chosen w/ the unsigned HOF / Future HOF set.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Just get whatever card YOU like the best signed and enjoy it image

The hobby is a LOT of fun when one collects what they love and not what the arbitrary decisions of a third party tells one what to collect.

(admittedly the above advice is biased because I love PSA, but don't give a flying flip about the registry)
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options

<< <i>Just get whatever card YOU like the best signed and enjoy it image

The hobby is a LOT of fun when one collects what they love and not what the arbitrary decisions of a third party tells one what to collect.

(admittedly the above advice is biased because I love PSA, but don't give a flying flip about the registry) >>

Mike,

You're right - at the end of the day, you should only collect what you enjoy.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Why can't this get any traction? They need to standardize it before it's too late and people get the wrong cards signed. The 2000 Bowman Brady should definitely be the card in the autograph registries. Forget the unsigned registry. >>

I figured that I would weight in on the discussion. When Reese and I started the set several years ago, our intention was to mirror the unsigned set...which only works until the late 1990's when the card companies started releasing signed rookie cards. In the years where there is a signed rookie card available, then I think we should give collectors the choice of adding the best signed rookie card or the best unsigned rookie card - signed after market. This would allow the collector to customize his collection to his personal preference. Personally, I detest sticker signed cards, and many of the modern rookie cards are sticker signed. Therefore, I would choose to add the best unsigned rookie card and have it signed after market.

For any player that didn't have a signed rookie card released, my opinion is that we stick w/ the card chosen for the unsigned HOF/Future HOF set. I completely understand the resistance to including the 1998 SP Authentic Manning rc and 2000 SP Authentic Tom Brady rc, however its no different than having to get a Joe Namath rookie card signed...right? My raw rc cost $500 and the autograph cost $200 - so I have $700 into it. The Manning will cost roughly the same and the Brady will be even more expensive - possibly $1000 to $1200. I would hate to see the set diluted with less expensive rookie cards, although I understand the cost side of it...which is why I haven't added either card to my collection yet.

For whatever we decide, I would be glad to talk w/ PSA.

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

To me it's not a cost issue, although I do appreciate the argument for having the "best" cards in the set. For me it's a question of availability. There are definitely more than 1250 1965 Joe Namath's in existence and likely most of them in less than high grade. The issue with the Brady and Manning et Al post 1995 cards to me is that they're (with respect to the vast majority of other cards in the set) Super Short Prints. It's not that a 2000 SP Authentic Brady costs $800. It's the there's only 1250 of them out there and to a large degree, people would be nuts to get them signed because they're universally in high grade. That limits the quantities even more. Don't you think the $400 price tag for Brady to sign anything is enough of a hinderance to make the set tough? Why should people have to crack high grade cards and dilute the population of both signed and unsigned cards by having them autographed? It seems to me that it would create a world where Autograph Card collectors would be at odds with Non-Autographed High Grade card collectors. That seems unnecessary when there are plenty of 2000 Bowman RC's out there. Obviously just one example.

And I appreciate Mike Navarro chiming in. Mike, your note is obviously important to remember but remember that quite a few people use the registry as the gospel when deciding to start a set of cards and which ones they need. That's al I'm saying. I don't live and die with it but I would like to see it continue to a point were people are able to continue with getting modern cards signed.

Finally, Greg, I'm not sure if I'm with or against you on the factory signed stuff. I HATE stickers with a passion. The whole fun about autographs is that presumably the person held YOUR item and signed it. I guess if given an option, I would lean against factory signed items for these sets. If everything pre 1993 is after market signatures, everything going forward should be too.

EDITED to reflect the correct # of 2000 Brady's (originally I said 1999)
  • Options
    I don't think that numbered rookie cards are necessary a problem as long as they aren't numbered below a reasonable number - say 750 to 1000. At an given time, you can find plenty of Manning and Brady SP rookie cards on E-Bay. I am personally ok with cracking out a PSA 8 card and getting it signed - but I think that cracking any higher graded card would be crazy (because of the cost).

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    I just received my latest order back from PSA - the Nomellini and Tunnell are additions to my set while the Buchanan and Stautner are for sale. I have already offered them to two board members...

Thanks,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Wow the Buck Buchanan rookie from dalelong56 passed PSA . I almost went for it. You got it for a terrific price. If I was sure it would pass PSA, would have gone up to $150. I bought his Ron Kramer 1958 Rookie.
  • Options

<< <i>Wow the Buck Buchanan rookie from dalelong56 passed PSA . I almost went for it. You got it for a terrific price. If I was sure it would pass PSA, would have gone up to $150. I bought his Ron Kramer 1958 Rookie. >>

From my experience, dalelong56's auto'd cards are good. I took a bit of a risk on the Buchanan, but it has definitely paid off. This is only the 3rd Buchanan rc that I've seen including mine.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    I want to thank Greg for helping me get my hands on my newest addition! He sold me the 1964 Topps Buck Buchanan pictured a few posts above!

Greg, I need your address to send your cards! Please PM me.

Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options

<< <i>I want to thank Greg for helping me get my hands on my newest addition! He sold me the 1964 Topps Buck Buchanan pictured a few posts above!

Greg, I need your address to send your cards! Please PM me.

Reese >>

Reese,

PM sent.

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Greg,

I love the Nomellini! What a great card!!!!

What's new with everyone? I've been out of the loop for a bit. I did manage to pick up some duplicates for my 51 set and made a couple new additions to my 52 Bowman auto set.

Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    It's been entirely too quite around here! A big "Thank you!" to Greg who pointed this one out to me. Who is going to the National in Chicago this year?

I've been searching many years for this one. It finally showed up on Ebay! It is JSA certified and PSA/DNA quick opinion approved!

Bobby Layne 1948 Leaf

HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333