Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Thanks to John Nanney's Discovery, 2008 ASE's with 2007 reverse going through the roof

Comments

• Options
    KaelasdadKaelasdad Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭
    Clackamas--read my post a bit down the page--shows all the variety finishes i have in stock--including 2008/2007 Shiny/Shiny

I have that variety up for sale on Ebay as a test, with 10 coins out--no takers as yet, but i think Im the only Ebay auction with shiney in the title on these 2008/07s
  • Options
    What does it cost to send these coins in for grading?
  • Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615

<< <i>What does it cost to send these coins in for grading? >>

For the rev of 07's - $14 +$20 each coin (plus shipping)
    For the normal coins $14 plus shipping.

Don't send them in unles they are perfect. the raw coins go for as much as the graded plus you don't have the fees.
  • Options
    Thanks,Clack
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>Clackamas--read my post a bit down the page--shows all the variety finishes i have in stock--including 2008/2007 Shiny/Shiny

I have that variety up for sale on Ebay as a test, with 10 coins out--no takers as yet, but i think Im the only Ebay auction with shiney in the title on these 2008/07s >>

Nice listing, but sending all the potential Ebay buyers in the world to the forum might not be the greatest idea...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>What does it cost to send these coins in for grading? >>

For the rev of 07's - $14 +$20 each coin (plus shipping)
    For the normal coins $14 plus shipping.

Don't send them in unles they are perfect. the raw coins go for as much as the graded plus you don't have the fees. >>

Just checked the PCGS Fee schedules and Mint Error grading is a flat $40 per coin unless I'm missing something.

• Options
    I think its 14 + 20 for variety attribution. I think its more of a variety than an error.
  • Options

<< <i>I think its 14 + 20 for variety attribution. I think its more of a variety than an error. >>

That makes sense, Thanks
  • Options
    2manycoins2fewfunds2manycoins2fewfunds Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I found one, I think.

Left is 08/07 shiney, right is 08/07 matte

imageimage ] >>

Excellent pictures.
    Now I understand the concept of use wearing off the frosted matte finish but for the life of me I don't see how increased wear can produce a strike with better, sharper details!!

Look at the difference in the feather details on either side of the shield.
  • Options
    Well yesterday I put my 2008/2007s eagles in my safety deposit box. I thought it was finished, but now I am as confused as ever. I still have 4/4/3 coins coming from the Mint that I ordered May 1-3, but I am not expecting anything. All I know is I ordered 5 more this afternoon, and I don't know what I am doing or looking for in these coins now. What is the "best" coin of the group, or is everyone as confused as I am?
  • Options
    Just received 15 in the mail that i ordered on 5/3.Only 1 out of the 15 is the 08/07,but it is a shiney one image
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    I wouldnt take this too far, remember what killed the value of the Minn DDR Qtrs, TOO MANY VARIETIES

The only clearly visible and discernable variety is the 07 reverse, this shiney vs matte is rediculous
  • Options
    moosesrmoosesr Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭
    I just received 5 I ordered 5/03/08, all were 08/08s image The bubble packing was burst and the coins were rattling around in the box, plus two were missing the coin specification sheet.
  • Options
    I wouldnt take this too far, remember what killed the value of the Minn DDR Qtrs, TOO MANY VARIETIES. The only clearly visible and discernable variety is the 07 reverse, this shiney vs matte is rediculous

image Totally
  • Options
    As I pointed out in that other thread this shiny vs. matte finish is not new and I find it funny it is just now getting attention.
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,708 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just received 5 I ordered 5/03/08, all were 08/08s image The bubble packing was burst and the coins were rattling around in the box, plus two were missing the coin specification sheet. >>

Somebody's sloppy seconds.image
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    I just received another 10 this morning. Fed EX - 5 in each box- just like the 15 I got yesterday no 07 reverses. Not only that when i opened the boxes most of the boxes were all apart. In addition some of the coins were loose and floating around. and some were in the boxes upside down. It was almost silly!

Most of them are shiny........
    I am trying to show the pictures but having trouble . i want to insert the photos not list a file to click on. I have photo bucket but trying to figure out how to insert pics. any help would be great !
    thanks all.!

I am not waSTING MY TIME ON ANY MORE sae'S

THANKS FOR ALL THE POSTS
    J Macs COINS n Collectibles
  • Options
    sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    I have some Lincoln Cents from recent years some of which are very shiny PL's and some are matte.
    I think it is a mint process thing either in the coin press or the hub-die press.
    The Reverse of 07 on the 08's is a definite identifiable signature.
  • Options
    I keep reading posts of lucky guys who ordered after me scoring several 08/07s. Makes me want to place more orders now just in case. On the other hand, I could always email someone naked pictures of my hot 30-something wife if one of youz guys who has too many on his hands right now wants to sell me a raw one with OGP for only...say...four times issue price. Hmmmm? :-)
  • Options
    jsfjsf Posts: 1,889
    Jmacoinman, yes, do not waste your time anymore, they're all gone.
  • Options
    coinman420coinman420 Posts: 4,666

<< <i>I just received another 10 this morning. Fed EX - 5 in each box- just like the 15 I got yesterday no 07 reverses. Not only that when i opened the boxes most of the boxes were all apart. In addition some of the coins were loose and floating around. and some were in the boxes upside down. It was almost silly!

I am trying to show the pictures but having trouble . i want to insert the photos not list a file to click on. I have photo bucket but trying to figure out how to insert pics. any help would be great !
    thanks all.!

THANKS FOR ALL THE POSTS >>

just copy and paste the IMG code from photobucket into the reply box, its that simpleimage
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭

<< <i>I keep reading posts of lucky guys who ordered after me scoring several 08/07s. Makes me want to place more orders now just in case. On the other hand, I could always email someone naked pictures of my hot 30-something wife if one of youz guys who has too many on his hands right now wants to sell me a raw one with OGP for only...say...four times issue price. Hmmmm? :-) >>

Tempting, but no. However, Red Sox V/S the Yankees in Boston & you have a deal image
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options

This what I was trying to do
    Sorry guys
    i am a newbie around here

Thanks for all the help
  • Options
    I'll take the pictures of the hot, 30-something wife, please
  • Options

<< <i>image

This what I was trying to do
    Sorry guys
    i am a newbie around here

Thanks for all the help >>

Jma, upload your pics at 640 x 480 and you will get pics this size

my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just received another 10 this morning. Fed EX - 5 in each box- just like the 15 I got yesterday no 07 reverses. Not only that when i opened the boxes most of the boxes were all apart. In addition some of the coins were loose and floating around. and some were in the boxes upside down. It was almost silly!

thanks all.!

THANKS FOR ALL THE POSTS >>

Yup, got 5 today. PISS POOR packaging, box waayyy too big, one coin out of the capsule most of the little boxes open; they ever heard of rubber bands?? real crappy service, if mint people were doing that just to search for stuff, I'd give their azz a week off without pay
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options

<< <i>As I pointed out in that other thread this shiny vs. matte finish is not new and I find it funny it is just now getting attention >>

I grabbed some 2007 W's and there they were....shiny and matte side by side....not unique to 2008 W's
  • Options
    Just got another box... 10 for 10 Weeee! imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Just got another box... 10 for 10 Weeee! imageimage >>

congrats. what day was the order placed?
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numbers are still strong despite more listings, 168 right now.

$361 for a NGC MS69, with time left.

Could they possibly creep up to $400? 70's 1k?

link
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    All this news of people getting more 07 reverses is bugging the sh__ out of me. I have ordered 125 since 4/24 and gotten 0 Zero zilch . nothing nada
    and i am not wanting to pay 300+ for raw ones...............ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (Choo) I think I am allergic to the US mint

• Options
    cinman14cinman14 Posts: 2,489
    I would say there is a little BS going on also...We have been fooled before with the

<< <i>look what I got from the bank today >>

Threads..

I say those threads are worthless without pics....

I'm not saying their not telling the truth. But I would like to see pics of a shipping box with 10 for 10
    enclosed....That just shipped within the last week
  • Options

<< <i>All this news of people getting more 07 reverses is bugging the sh__ out of me. I have ordered 125 since 4/24 and gotten 0 Zero zilch . nothing nada
    and i am not wanting to pay 300+ for raw ones...............ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (Choo) I think I am allergic to the US mint

image >>

It seems the orders to the northeast are 08/08 image
  • Options

<< <i>I would say there is a little BS going on also...We have been fooled before with the

<< <i>look what I got from the bank today >>

Threads..

I say those threads are worthless without pics....

I'm not saying their not telling the truth. But I would like to see pics of a shipping box with 10 for 10
    enclosed....That just shipped within the last week >>

the amount of ebay auctions has gone up from 112 to 178 auctions in the last 24 hours. people ARE getting them.
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    or people that have been holding onto them think now is the time to get out.

When I get my box of 20, I will get my little camera out and video tape myself opening them. That way, next time I decide to get into the frenzy, I can watch the video and remember how it was or was not worth it. image
  • Options

<< <i>the amount of ebay auctions has gone up from 112 to 178 auctions in the last 24 hours. people ARE getting them >>

I think the numbers are up now because of the "everything sells better on Sunday theory"...57 end by Sunday night
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>the amount of ebay auctions has gone up from 112 to 178 auctions in the last 24 hours. people ARE getting them >>

I think the numbers are up now because of the "everything sells better on Sunday theory"...57 end by Sunday night >>

I think It's a combination of both, also people are looking close @ the ones they purchased from the beginning.

Have a good one!!!
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    daily dump.

As I have stated before, this dump DOES NOT include auctions ending past 7:00 EST today, saturday. So if there are a large number of auctions ending tonight, the #'s are going to be different. To get the most accurate trends, do not include today.

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>All this news of people getting more 07 reverses is bugging the sh__ out of me. I have ordered 125 since 4/24 and gotten 0 Zero zilch . nothing nada

image >>

I will say a prayer for better luck my man ..my lotto results..3 for 14
  • Options
    Maybe too it's the cheapo insertion week thing May 7-14 is 50 cents....
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe too it's the cheapo insertion week thing May 7-14 is 50 cents.... >>

nah, it's the exponential increase of these silly things...lol
  • Options
    with the 07 reverses its all the luck of the draw

if you order groups of coins and they get packed the same date time on invoice - and some are 08/08, most likely all your orders are 08/08

i've rec'd batches of 20/20 08/07's more frequently than 1/20 08/07's.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    My second order of 10 arrived today. 0/10. All 08/08. I have two more orders of 4 and 8 and that's it. So far my first order of 5 yielded 5 of the 07/08s. Good luck to everyone.
  • Options
    we should all start to complain and sit in misery as we wait for all of our REFUNDS from the US Mint.

Is that a efff"d up process or what?

First an email showing receipt and I guess a refund TO BE PROCESSED - but not yet!!!!!

Then wait a few weeks for the ACTUAL REFUND to hit your CC........

They should be able to do this a little more efficiently
  • Options

<< <i>

congrats. what day was the order placed? >>

These were ordered on May 1st, cleared on 5/6, sent on 5/8, and received on 5/10.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

congrats. what day was the order placed? >>

These were ordered on May 1st, cleared on 5/6, sent on 5/8, and received on 5/10. >>

its been hit or miss for me...4 orders for 12 each time(to get overnight ship).

first was 12 for 12...

second was 0 for 12...

third was 7 for 12 07 reverse...

i`m waiting on the last 12 i ordered.

glad you scored. image

edited to add: anybody looking for any 08 reverse? image
  • Options
    Thanks, I've got another box of 10 coming in about 3 days I guess. I'll keep ordering as a long as I keep getting them!

• Options
    Congrats Longshot,

I've got an order for six on the way. Hopefully I'll have a fraction of the luck you have had. My only 08/07 is one I got off of GCA way early on.

What is that avatar anyway, an over-stuffed beaver waiting for winter? Wish me luck!!

Edited: spelling crap!!
    Spare your best friend's life!! Adopt an adult dog at your local "kill" animal shelter. You will be changed.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2000!

Would somebody please post this for me about 1:38 AM?
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    Ok guys, opinions on this listing, I think it's too much info? JMHO link

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file