Home U.S. Coin Forum

Thanks to John Nanney's Discovery, 2008 ASE's with 2007 reverse going through the roof

Comments

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,128 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>+1 for whoever wants 6300! >>

SIX THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED >>

I think we should start a thread to guess how many posts this winbag thread will achieve.

Remember folks, I'm just a messenger, as well as an owner of one of these things. image
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I can fix you up with some more if you want them.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purchased 2 more PCGS FS BIN 69's using Live Searches 30% rebate. Volume appears to be way down for the FS PCGS's ... running out of Sellers?
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beats me, my two are on their way to PCGS for spot review. Maybe they are there already. I think I will start a thread about all the coins I am sending in for spot review on Monday.

<< <i>Purchased 2 more PCGS FS BIN 69's using Live Searches 30% rebate. Volume appears to be way down for the FS PCGS's ... running out of Sellers? >>

I've still got more. I hope you like that one.

Steve
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>1500???? Strange...I only found 64...Where did you see the other 1436??? Might get me a few rolls........... >>

I only found 54, what are you using for keywords. I have 3 listings in for 2 coins each but can only find 1 of them. I know people are seeing them as the counter is going up. What am I doing wrong. >>

Change the title,...... make them each different, if you leave the titles the same you'll only see 1 of them....
    Thank you, I'll try that.
  • Somebody listed and sold within five minutes eight ms69 reverses, both ngc and pcgs for $512. Factor in the 30% off, good buys and the

seller made a quick 4k. That was last night.....today he had four more listed....if they're still there. I wish they were mine, but someone

has a glut of these. Someone here on the boards?
    ....and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make....

The Beatles
    Yup, a board member and a good guy...Same name...
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS

<< <i>

<< <i>Purchased 2 more PCGS FS BIN 69's using Live Searches 30% rebate. Volume appears to be way down for the FS PCGS's ... running out of Sellers? >>

I've still got more. I hope you like that one.

Steve >>

Thanks, Steve ... but my budget is shot...just ordered some Proof Plats from the Mint. Don't send me any milk spotty onesimage
    Jerry
  • Has anyone found any milk spots showing up on the ones your holding yet?Graded or ungraded.
  • I still have about 20 and they look great.....(all NGC graded)
  • I have 6 graded by PCGS and 4 of them are starting to show signs of spotting.image
    None of mine show any signs of spotting.
  • 6Sigma6Sigma Posts: 96 ✭✭
    All (8) that I own are in PCGS slabs and are individually vacuum sealed in Food Saver pint bags cut to size. Wouldn't think it is likely that they would spot in a vacuum environment, but I could be mistaken. They were all fine when they were initially sealed.

Don't know about other brand vacuum bags but Food Saver is free of any PVC.

May take a visit to the safe deposit box next week to make sure that the vacuum seals are holding on these and other burnished silver eagles from previous years.

• what's a good price for a raw specimen? I bought one off the BST board and i might sell it. i'll probably do the MSN thing, so the buyer gets a deal as well.

thanks

Craig
  • YaHaYaHa Posts: 4,220

<< <i>None of mine show any signs of spotting. >>

Does breastfeeding count? Oh that's on the outer slab.image

Where are you guys getting 30% rebate just the other day it went down to 20% help me here guys I have to clean my glasses my wife missed again.
    Mine shows 30% always used the same method, live.com: "first spouse gold", never had a problem...
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No milking yet, but I have noticed a red wine color forming on the rims, and moving across the coin.

20th Anniv. sets were sealed the day I received them, only the RP's are toning, better than spots I guess.

Anyone else experiencing toning in FoodSaver bags?

Scott

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • 6Sigma6Sigma Posts: 96 ✭✭

<< <i>
    Anyone else experiencing toning in FoodSaver bags? >>

Will go to the bank on Wednesday and check on what is sealed (all ASE's) in safe deposit boxes. Also use the FoodSaver bags but seal the slabbed coins as singles, not in bulk.

Interesting that this coloration spans two different years. Bags certainly don't show any evidence of an air leak.

Edit:
    Checked my vacuum sealed ASE's today. Saw no evidence of the rim coloration or any spotting on the coins.
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ttt

Stefanie - YES image

Just checked and my grades are in for the 2 raws I sent in...

1 1 12493952 396411 2008-W $1 Eagle, Reverse of 2007 US MS70
    1 2 12493953 396411 2008-W $1 Eagle, Reverse of 2007 US MS69

I couldn't be happier, especially only sending in the two best!!

I'm sure when I get them back, I won't be able to spot a difference between the two, but oh well...at least PCGS did image >>

I just sent in 5.... crossing my fingers and everything else.

Ren >>

I checked online and of my 5 coins, two MS70 & three MS69. I also got a -70 on Dolley $10.

Anyone have a recent value for the MS70 2008/2007 $1?

Ren
  • hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭
    Hi..

I just checked my NGC MS69 ERs, bought way back when.. oh who knows when.. when they were about a Franklin from dealers.. no spotting on any of them.. I just had them stored in those little slab-sized ZipLok bags for a few months, and then I moved them into Intercept Shield individual slab holders a couple months ago.. been watching the prices and lately I haven't seen more than ten or a dozen NGC MS69s listed you know where at any given time.. and fewer than half of them are ERs.. in fact these days, most of them aren't.. price spread seems to be anywhere from $450.00-ish to the occasional $550.00-ish for these.. so they're holding pretty firm.. sure wish Mr. Lope would get an answer out of The Mint as to how many they actually shipped.. that's why I've been holding off selling any..

By the way, in case you blinked and missed it, eBay's new "gotta pay for stuff you win electronically only" went into effect yesterday, or at least I think it did.. I re-listed an unsold item and the boxes to check for Money orders, or any kind of mailed payments was gone.. there was a paragraph at the top of the setting up an auction page that said only electronic payments were the acceptable form of payment from US buyers..

I don't think most kitchen table sellers are gonna open up a Merchant CC account, which has higher fees than PayPal does, and also a monthly fee whether you use it at all.. which PayPal doesn't.. folks who run actual retail businesses probably already have Merchant CC accounts anyway.. does anyone smell a class-action lawsuit in the works?.. or do ya think this is a case of "it's eBay's sandbox and they can make the rules of how you play in it anyway they want to"?..

Think eBay will notice if they lose thousands of sellers who won't put up with this nonsense?.. I'm not saying I'm gonna quit selling on eBay but I know a LOT of sellers are.. there are thousands who would not accept PayPal at all before.. now they're being squeezed, almost literally forced into using it and eating that three percent vig on all monies received, or getting a Merchant CC account which'll cost them even more, or, just leave and sell somewhere else..

I've got a gut feeling there's gonna be a revoltin' development outta this as in a sellers' revolt.. or maybe that's just the Stouffers I ate yesterday..

Harv
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
    {{responding to myself}}..

By the way.. those of my auctions that were listed BEFORE yesterday still have the mailed payment options checkboxes on them if I go in to do a revision, so this new plastic-only nonsense apparently only kicks in for new listings starting yesterday.. listings started before yesterday still have mailed payment options on them, so they're grandfathered in, as far as I can tell.. this whole no more mailed payments thing is just evil.. as in sheer greed and nothing more.. in my opinion, of course..

By the by the way.. I have a friend I was talkin' to yesterday who told me HE has a friend who worked for PayPal.. doing what, I don't know, but that they just laid off about a thousand people.. I'm not gonna go research that, so I don't have any kind of newswire confirmation of it.. someone else can go sniff around if they want to.. so let's see.. at the rate things are just sailing along, I figure in a few months, we'll be in another full-blown Depression, the Dow will be down a few thousand more points, Gold will bottom out around $350/oz, Platinum about the same, half the country will be unemployed, GM will buy out Chrysler, Ford will go under, a loaf of bread will be $20.00, a gallon of gasoline will be back down to $1.00, and everybody can jog on over to City Hall and get themselves a new last name: "Jobe." As in Steinbeck and those.. ya know, wrathy grapes..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."

Complain about ebay is what people like to do but where else are you going to get that kind of exposure and get that much for your coins. I have several 08/07's on ebay right now , a lot of lookers but few takers until this economy calms down, but at the price of listing them its a good deal at 35 cents. If it doesn't sell I don't lose much.

<< <i>Complain about ebay is what people like to do but where else are you going to get that kind of exposure and get that much for your coins. I have several 08/07's on ebay right now , a lot of lookers but few takers until this economy calms down, but at the price of listing them its a good deal at 35 cents. If it doesn't sell I don't lose much. >>

there are ALWAYS gonna be people who have NO money problems no matter how crappy the economy is.. but eBay prices for a lot of things are all over the place.. it's crazy.. there are certain items I watch and I've seen the exact same seller who has multiples, identicals of them, like oh.. a Vintage plastic model kit still in shrink-wrap or something.. one week he sells one and gets $20.00 for it.. the next week he sells another and gets $150.00 for it.. I can't make any sense out of it..

and to answer your question where else are you gonna get that kind of exposure for those kind of listing fees.. well.. basically.. nowhere, and they know it.. ya can't even take out a two-line classified ad in the back of yer local newspaper that two people might actually read for that kind of money, much less put something in front of sixty million people.. so we have them right where they want us.. but I still think a lot of sellers are gonna beat feet outta there over this new payment restrictions malarky image

<< <i>

<< <i>Complain about ebay is what people like to do but where else are you going to get that kind of exposure and get that much for your coins. I have several 08/07's on ebay right now , a lot of lookers but few takers until this economy calms down, but at the price of listing them its a good deal at 35 cents. If it doesn't sell I don't lose much. >>

there are ALWAYS gonna be people who have NO money problems no matter how crappy the economy is.. but eBay prices for a lot of things are all over the place.. it's crazy.. there are certain items I watch and I've seen the exact same seller who has multiples, identicals of them, like oh.. a Vintage plastic model kit still in shrink-wrap or something.. one week he sells one and gets $20.00 for it.. the next week he sells another and gets $150.00 for it.. I can't make any sense out of it..

and to answer your question where else are you gonna get that kind of exposure for those kind of listing fees.. well.. basically.. nowhere, and they know it.. ya can't even take out a two-line classified ad in the back of yer local newspaper that two people might actually read for that kind of money, much less put something in front of sixty million people.. so we have them right where they want us.. but I still think a lot of sellers are gonna beat feet outta there over this new payment restrictions malarky image >>

They may boycott ebay but they will be the losers in the long run.
  • While hopefully on topic, but moving in a slightly different direction, I was in the process of preparing my monthly 2008 W 07 rev statistics update for this thread and I noticed the NGC population report has not been revised since 9/29/08. I compared the online numbers to my NGC counts for that month and sure enough they were the same. I posted a topic ATS asking why/what's going on. I'd prefer having the current NGC counts before posting the October chart update.

As a sidebar, did anyone notice that the online PCGS population report now shows the date the information was lasted updated? Yours truly asked PCGS to consider making that page enhancement on August 26, 2008... image
    Your PCGS pop link....she no woiky ...

• << <i>Your PCGS pop link....she no woiky ... >>

It's not a link, it's an attached file. When I click on it I see a cropped image of the PCGS population report page that shows "Last Update: 10/27/08" They used a light gray text that some may find hard to read, but it's there... image
    I can't get it either.
  • I wish I knew what to do now... I went back to the post, and it shows the attached file is there. When I highlight the file (in the post) I see this path: https://us.v-cdn.net/6027503/uploads/oldattachments/PCGSPopUpdate.jpg

I have no clue why I'm the only one that can see it - never had this problem with file attachments before, sorry.

Is it possible it's related to a browser setting?
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭
    For those that cannot see it:

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • I just clicked it and it popped up another box and I was able to read what you said was there, it may be a pop-up blocked issue.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Here's the feedback from the NGC - I wonder what the "issue" is...?

<< <i>The policy of updating the online population report weekly has not changed. Unfortunately we have been working through an issue that has been preventing the weekly update and hope to have a resolution (and updated report) in place soon. >>

• 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    felt like bumping
    felt like sharing

I got two out of five that were recently submitted.image

Renimage

• << <i>felt like sharing

Renimage >>

you dog.....

all the ones i sent in came back 69 image

i had mine holdered reverse out
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
    I'm wondering if I should send some of my 1st strike 69's in for a re-evaluation. They look pretty good.

you dog.....

image >>

I wrote on my submission to show the reverse on the front of the slab. All five showed up opposite of what I wanted. If it weren't for the two '70's I would bee-ach!

Ren

• << <i>felt like sharing

Renimage >>

Did you remove them from original slabs, is it possible to keep first strike!
    If they have graded them 1st strike they will keep them 1st strike if they revalue them

<< <i>you dog.....

image >>

I wrote on my submission to show the reverse on the front of the slab. All five showed up opposite of what I wanted. If it weren't for the two '70's I would bee-ach!

Ren >>

I was told before that the graders don't even look at the submission form, and you have to write it on the flip "reverse out"....

<< <i>

<< <i>you dog.....

image >>

Ren >>

I was told before that the graders don't even look at the submission form, and you have to write it on the flip "reverse out".... >>

For an additional $5?????
  • the graders don`t do the slabbing. i assume slabbing is done in a different department. there is no additional cost to have the reverse forward. i wrote the request on the form only, not on the coin flip.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Just noticed on the US Mint website that they've stopped taking orders for the 2008W SAE (Unc & Proof).

Regarding the ANACS & NGC population report updates, the NGC must has worked through their "issue" as the online populations have been updated as of 11/4/08. However, the ANACS populations for the 2008W SAE remain AWOL. I spoke to someone at ANACS today and they still are unable to get 'real-time" population information to their website report - at least for the 2008 SAEs. It's been a couple of months now and they haven't figured-out the problem (or how to do it).

I was told last week I would get the 08W populations, but today I find out that wasn't possible... image What? No one has the data? Most likely, the reason is they didn't want to get it... Internally, they've got some real problems ATS... image
    I sold one of my NGC MS69 Early Releases on eBay the other day.. prices have come down a little but not a whole lot.. I got $485.00 for it.. checking closed auctions, the highest price realized on eBay for an NGC MS69 ER in the past two weeks is.. {{drumroll}}.. $485.00.. lowest NGC MS69 in the past two weeks is $431.11.. no hurry to sell my others.. but I needed some money.. nice buyer.. he paid me INSTANTLY before I could even generate an eBay Invoice.. that's the kind of buyer I like.. the kind who doesn't make you squirm, especially when that kind of money is involved..

<< <i>the graders don`t do the slabbing. i assume slabbing is done in a different department. there is no additional cost to have the reverse forward. i wrote the request on the form only, not on the coin flip. >>

I wrote my request on the form only as well, and it was ignored, rec'd them obverse forward, and the guys on here said I should have written it on the capsule or flip....and I got all 69's to boot...
  • The numbers from accross the street show an increase of 229 graded over the last 5 weeks.....Total 13973

2008 W EAGLE ............ S$1 REVERSE OF 2007 MS 7040 1 4 3614 3421
    2008 W EAGLE REV OF 07 S$1 EARLY RELEASES MS 6933 1 3769 3163

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file