Home U.S. Coin Forum

Thanks to John Nanney's Discovery, 2008 ASE's with 2007 reverse going through the roof

Comments

• jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    crap! I didn't even notice the 6200... image
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Well, I had to take a break from listing stuff and concentrate on the day job. I had a child custody trial and after getting kicked and stomped all over the court room, not by my opponent, but by the judge, and after multiple threats of being thrown in jail for contempt of court, I ended up winning custody for the Father...My associate had to tell me I won cause I was so mad it just didn't seem like it, That is it for me, no more of that stuff, 1st time was also my last...So back to the 08/07's, I put up 5 ngc ER 69's for buyitnow and they flew out the door at $519., so that's definately too low but I was simply making some sales...and Oh, John Nanney, you still Suck very much!! image
  • Congratulations, Casman! Not an easy feat winning custody for the father.....

Finally got a coin show coming up at the end of October in Honolulu. I'm going to take a couple of my raw 07 reverses and see if anyone wants to give me $450 to $500 for them. Wish the Mint would answer the dang question and give us our moneys worth. Might make me less inclined to let them go.
  • fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My PCGS MS69FS 08/07REV have been selling steady on the bay at $500.
  • Anyone notice Chattanooga Coins' full-page ad in the Current issue of Coin World on page 39?

NGC MS-70 for $899 or both types of the NGC early releases graded MS-69 for $699.

Here is the link for those of you that have access to the electronic version:
    Coin World Full-Page Ad for 2008 ASE with 2007 Reverse
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone notice Chattanooga Coins' full-page ad in the Current issue of Coin World on page 39?

NGC MS-70 for $899 or both types of the NGC early releases graded MS-69 for $699.

Here is the link for those of you that have access to the electronic version:
    Coin World Full-Page Ad for 2008 ASE with 2007 Reverse >>

Not a member so I could not pull it up,but, those are decent prices.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been following "gttix" rev. sales on eBay. He must have a large supply of MS69 PCGS F/S. 99% of his F/S sales have gone for $525 - $575. Is he or she a board member?
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

<< <i>I've been following "gttix" rev. sales on eBay. He must have a large supply of MS69 PCGS F/S. 99% of his F/S sales have gone for $525 - $575. Is he or she a board member? >>

I've got 11 of these myself and have been holding until I see what is going to happen with them next year.
    The talking has stopped but the selling is still going on quite nicely.
  • ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Ok I have no reason to check prices in a monthly magazine but I did.....December issue of "Coin Values" has the 08/07 priced at $35 in MS69...gulp.. send me 100 please. Moving on to "Coins Magazine" December (?) issue at least they have the price at $550 but......in PROOF. Hmmmm I am going to check my proofs now image
  • halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    A little OT, but has anyone noticed that the '08-W Proof prices are starting to increase on e-Bay?
    Seem to be selling in the $45-55 range.

Wonder if they will resume minting these later, or if what's now out there will be all.
    I believe that NN gives the sales at 712,323.

Regards, John

Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please God......stop this boring thread!!!!!! image

• << <i>A little OT, but has anyone noticed that the '08-W Proof prices are starting to increase on e-Bay?
    Seem to be selling in the $45-55 range.

Wonder if they will resume minting these later, or if what's now out there will be all.
    I believe that NN gives the sales at 712,323.

Regards, John >>

I am not too familiar with previous mintages for these. I'm guessing 712K proofs is somewhat low for ASE's? I seem to recall people estimating about possibly 1 million + collector base for these, but my memory could be fuzzy!

Side note:
    PCGS finally received my two 08/07's on Friday. I'll let you know in a 2-3 weeks how I did.
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------

• << <i>Please God......stop this boring thread!!!!!! image >>

Hey GB-

no one made you open it up!

Don't you have more pics of Scar-Jo to post?

Have a pleasant evening image
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • The sky is falling,the sky is falling.Time to dump these wonders.Listings have doubled in the last few days.
    FYI ... PCGS Pop report for the FS has not changed in 4 weeks....still: 1675 total...............

non first strike up by 34 to: 3192
    Why don't you just not read it. That would solve you problem!
  • NGC POP up 79 over last week.....13744

<< <i>NGC POP up 79 over last week.....13744 >>

With the PCGS total of: 4,867 ......... total graded between NGC & PCGS......18,611
  • fcfc Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭
    how often do these still sell raw and any guesses to the pops not graded?
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The sky is falling,the sky is falling.Time to dump these wonders.Listings have doubled in the last few days. >>

I wonder who is BAILING OUT image
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    i think people are thinkin better to have a bird in the hand than two in a bush

ie the 08/07 will buy some bullion gold or silver

what goes through the roof must eventually fall back.

arguments for "rarity" and graded populations don't really mean squat after an initial run up in todays modern coin marketplace.

• << <i>how often do these still sell raw and any guesses to the pops not graded? >>

According to the tracking in this thread, approximatly 3/5 of them are still raw. There could be quite a few sitting in closets from people who just buy one a year from the mint and don't pay that much attention to the coin market beyond that, but thats just a WAG.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>how often do these still sell raw and any guesses to the pops not graded? >>

According to the tracking in this thread, approximatly 3/5 of them are still raw. There could be quite a few sitting in closets from people who just buy one a year from the mint and don't pay that much attention to the coin market beyond that, but thats just a WAG. >>

Rg aren't you forgetting about all those that the US Mint pulled from inventory and sent to the melting pot? Coulda been thousands!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

• << <i>

Rg aren't you forgetting about all those that the US Mint pulled from inventory and sent to the melting pot? Coulda been thousands! >>

• Here are the updated stats for the unc. 2008-W SAE & Rev 07 “error” – Mint production, TPG populations, & projected year-end (YE) mintage (note the larger image size):

Also, I spoke to an ANACS rep Monday about their online population report not having any 08 SAEs listed and they are aware of the problem. They stated they expect to have the problem fixed sometime in October.
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<Rg aren't you forgetting about all those that the US Mint pulled from inventory and sent to the melting pot? Coulda been thousands!>>

Exactly, sure would be nice if they released that 10k where destroyed, on the cover of Coin World.

Sales appear to be holding, despite economic conditions.

Scott
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

<< <i>Here are the updated stats for the unc. 2008-W SAE & Rev 07 “error” – Mint production, TPG populations, & projected year-end (YE) mintage (note the larger image size):

Also, I spoke to an ANACS rep Monday about their online population report not having any 08 SAEs listed and they are aware of the problem. They stated they expect to have the problem fixed sometime in October. >>

thanks weighty for the update. The 08/07 percentage is sure dropping.

<< <i>Sales appear to be holding, despite economic conditions. >>

Sales may be holding, but prices are dropping. There is a seller dumping 15 PCGS MS69 FS for BIN of $515 ... also, eBay seller gttix, who's been getting $525 or more on average..last one sold for $483....hope it's not an omen of things to come.
  • sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 831 ✭✭✭
    Maybe signs that the economy is cutting into the hoards.
  • ok people, time to dump before they spotimage
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.

<< <i>ok people, time to dump before they spotimage >>

Let them spot & submit them to PCGS for review .. (BTW CLCT paid out over 1 million for their "grade guarantee" this fiscal year.) image

• << <i>Maybe signs that the economy is cutting into the hoards. >>

we are under this economy...

<< <i>

<< <i>Sales appear to be holding, despite economic conditions. >>

Sales may be holding, but prices are dropping. There is a seller dumping 15 PCGS MS69 FS for BIN of $515 ... also, eBay seller gttix, who's been getting $525 or more on average..last one sold for $483....hope it's not an omen of things to come. >>

That's still a hefty $6000 profit after fees. Not too shabby!
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have sold a few over the past few days, they are all going for under $490 and I have some super high resolution pictures too... I guess the market is turning a little on these coins, for now.
    I will still hold mine until at least the first of the year to make sure where they are going. They only stand me about $70 each graded first strike by PCGS,so, I am sure not going to lose anything on them.
  • cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope these do better long term than the 20th anv set.
    Many happy BST transactions
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>ok people, time to dump before they spotimage >>

Let them spot & submit them to PCGS for review .. (BTW CLCT paid out over 1 million for their "grade guarantee" this fiscal year.) image >>

You do realize that if you hold them, and they spot, and then you send them for review, the market may be way down and you would likely get market value?
    You realize that, right?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• thats why i said dump themimage
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Well I guess I can just sit on my raws as I paid mint issue prices for all of them...........image
  • ElynnElynn Posts: 137 ✭✭
    Are prices still running between 500-600 dollars for these?
    Yes and no, and depends. The msn cashback deal has had a negative impact on some true auctions.
  • So what are PCGS FS MS69 Selling for as Buy-It-Nows with the Cashback program? Anyone keeping track of those? And what happenned to Tony? image

<< <i>So what are PCGS FS MS69 Selling for as Buy-It-Nows with the Cashback program? >>

I have no idea!

<< <i>Anyone keeping track of those? >>

I am not! I rely upon this thread for the latest info!

<< <i>And what happenned to Tony? image >>

I have no idea!

As a side note, it's gonna be tough to get this one to 6300 Posts!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

<< <i>So what are PCGS FS MS69 Selling for as Buy-It-Nows with the Cashback program? Anyone keeping track of those? And what happenned to Tony? image >>

Around $385-$440 after cashback, depending on 20 vs. 30%
  • What happened to all the excitement surrounding this coin? What seems to be the consensus here on the future values of both the NGC

and PCGS ms 70's. Last I checked the NGC was running around $850 and the PCGS was around $2k....why there's such a gap in value

I still can't quite grasp (I don't believe the standards are really that much different) With the 30% microsoft cashback, I'm wondering

whether to pick up a couple or not. I'm a little concerned about the staying power (remember the 2006 anniversary sets) and of course

with the economy taking a header if these will become just so much bullion. What say ye? image
    ....and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make....

The Beatles
    The standards are quite different with regard to a PCGS MS70 vs an NGC MS70. Just look at the populations for both coins.

441 Total PCGS in MS70 (Includes First Strike™)

6,507 Total NGC in MS70 (Includes Early Release)

I think the pops speak for the prices.

As for the grading algorithm, both have set standards but I think PCGS is on the tough side. Of course, that could be argued to the end of time!

The name is LEE!
    Whoops, I forgot to add a little something about the excitement.

The coin has pretty much run its course. I doubt seriously if the prices will ever increase from the current prices and as time goes on, might even drop a smidge.
    New varieties ALWAYS garner a "smash and grab" frenzy which really boosts the price levels and this coin apparently is no diffeent than all those in the recent past.

Wisconsin Extra Leaves, 20th Anniversary Sets, Speared Bison, Minnesota Extra trees, 50D Nickels and on and on.

The name is LEE!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file