Home Sports Talk

The Official 2008 RED SOX Championship run thread!!

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking good scoring a bunch of freakin runs!!!
  • Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Colon with another solid outing. That's what we needed!!
    Im really excited about Colon so far- obviously! What a steal he could turn into if he continues these quality starts!
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still keeping up with the mighty Rays ---- big series this week! image

<< <i>Still keeping up with the mighty Rays ---- big series this week! image >>

Its crazy isnt it!
  • TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Yeah, who would have ever thought the words "Rays," "Red Sox," and "big series" would be in the same sentence?
    Wishing Big Papi luck with the MRI on his wrist!
  • SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭
    I'm a Yanks fan, but here's a pic you Bosox guys will enjoy, courtesy of barstoolsports.com.

image That is great! Thanks for posting! image
    Ok lets score some Freakin' runs!
    LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not good...

From CBSsportsline:

News: The Boston Herald reports Red Sox DH David Ortiz is expected to miss at least a month, if not more, with a wrist injury. Ortiz, who had a MRI Monday, was told Sunday that he would be sidelined ndefinitely with ligament damage. The Herald reports a source said Ortiz's wrist will be immobilized for roughly a month to determine whether the injury can heal on its own. If not, Ortiz might have to have season-ending surgery. The Red Sox have still not released any statements regarding Ortiz's MRI results.
    image/image
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    what;s up with Oki-DOOKIE tonight? Anyways you win some you lose ONE will be my motto!
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not good...

From CBSsportsline:

News: The Boston Herald reports Red Sox DH David Ortiz is expected to miss at least a month, if not more, with a wrist injury. Ortiz, who had a MRI Monday, was told Sunday that he would be sidelined ndefinitely with ligament damage. The Herald reports a source said Ortiz's wrist will be immobilized for roughly a month to determine whether the injury can heal on its own. If not, Ortiz might have to have season-ending surgery. The Red Sox have still not released any statements regarding Ortiz's MRI results. >>

the only scenario that would bring Bonds back to baseball?

after tonight's performance, coupled with numerous instances of allowing inherited runners to score, I regret having to say this, but joining Julio Luso and JD Blew in my doghouse is Hideki Chokajima. Not to the Orioles, man!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! We cant add another Sox player to the Luso list!!!! Not Yet Barndog! Not Yet!!

<< <i>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! We cant add another Sox player to the Luso list!!!! Not Yet Barndog! Not Yet!! >>

Dont get me wrong though, that was one nasty performance. image
    Arggggggh....not a good night from all fronts. I wonder if Griffey is available to DH???

<< <i>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! We cant add another Sox player to the Luso list!!!! Not Yet Barndog! Not Yet!! >>

as I lifelong Sox fan, I reserve the right to hate 'em all at any given time image
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTF!! Hideki Farnsworth blew another one! image
    Chokajima looks bad, Ortiz may be out for the year and now this:

Hazel Mae is leaving NESN. That sure sucks...unless it means much more Heidi Watney.
  • I thought Ortiz was gonna be out 30 days?

<< <i>I thought Ortiz was gonna be out 30 days? >>

15 days on the DL, then see what's next...could be 15 days, could be the whole year. All remains to be seen. Is Theo giving Barry Bonds a call yet? That'd take the cake.
    First Ortiz, now Hazel! OMG Red Sox Nation is in turmoil at the moment. NOT COOL!

Well lets hope Papi's wrist responds well to being immobilized for the month and he wont need surgery- tough to think of us down the stretch without him, even though he is not hitting like he normally does it just wont be the same.
  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The chance of Barry Bonds EVER wearing a Red Sox uniform are so miniscule as to be non-existent.
    Lets score some Fricken' runs!!!

<< <i>The chance of Barry Bonds EVER wearing a Red Sox uniform are so miniscule as to be non-existent. >>

I hope you are right.

Six runs so far, six more would be nice!
    Lets keep it going!
    That's the ball game!!!!
    This girl was right! image Big Bad Jobba lasted what? 2.1 innings? image

image Im not ready to say this felt like a win against the Yankees in the previous years BUT it was a nice win!
    I feel the same way. I kept looking at the standings posted out on the Green Monster and thinking how much better it's going to look at 1/2 instead of 1 1/2.
    the Sox are awesome at home...can we play all the games at Fenway? image
    Lets go Beckett! Big game tonight against the Rays! Yea thats right! Big game against the TAMPA RAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    JD is taking Papi's #3 spot tonight...opportunity time for him to earn his given name back?
    Are you guys watching in on ESPN? Unfortunately it's blacked out here and I have to watch it with the Rays announcers.
    I can tolerate Dewayne Stats, but Joe Magrane is such a homer and anti Red Sox that I would rather listen to Joe Morgan and Jon Miller. UGGGH
    And we're on the board!!
    Lets work on getting some more freakin' runs on the board!

<< <i>Are you guys watching in on ESPN? Unfortunately it's blacked out here and I have to watch it with the Rays announcers.
    I can tolerate Dewayne Stats, but Joe Magrane is such a homer and anti Red Sox that I would rather listen to Joe Morgan and Jon Miller. UGGGH >>

watching it on NESN, featuring Heidi Watney image

turn the volume to zero on ESPN. Those guys suck
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's Go Sox!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
    Remy is cracking me up with all his talking about the guys on Sox Appeal. "These two guys are probably drinking Cognac," and "You don't just leave the house looking like that," and "this guy looks like he likes to shop." image

Oh yeah, and so far it's been a pretty good game. I don't think I like Drew in the #3 spot but he's doing okay there I suppose. I'd rather see Youk there in the future though.
    lol metero-sexuals, I was laughing too....also uploading scans to my registry set

<< <i>This girl was right! image Big Bad Jobba lasted what? 2.1 innings? image

image >>

Speaking of Sox appeal, I know this is a funny shot of her but I have a funny feeling this chick is SMOKIN'

I get the same feeling. She also looks like she knows how to handle, um, certain things (wink, wink).

Great game tonight. What did you guys think of Coco's slide into second? Looked hard to me, but I liked it anyway.

And that pitch that Upton got ejected over was way too close to get so upset about. With two strikes he should have been trying to protect the plate at the very least.

<< <i>Great game tonight. What did you guys think of Coco's slide into second? Looked hard to me, but I liked it anyway. >>

The whole thing was about the second baseman dropping his knee blocking the bag during Coco's headfirst slide- thats a no no because the guy sliding could get seriously hurt. I love Coco getting fired up about it and taking it to him next time around! That earned a lot of respect from me actually! I dont think you would ever see JD Drew retaliate like that!

<< <i>

<< <i>Great game tonight. What did you guys think of Coco's slide into second? Looked hard to me, but I liked it anyway. >>

The whole thing was about the second baseman dropping his knee blocking the bag during Coco's headfirst slide- thats a no no because the guy sliding could get seriously hurt. I love Coco getting fired up about it and taking it to him next time around! That earned a lot of respect from me actually! I dont think you would ever see JD Drew retaliate like that! >>

I expect there will be a few "inside pitches" during tonight's game.
    Great!! More drama added to tonight's game. It doesn't get much better than that.
    can't resist this...