Home Sports Talk

The Official 2008 RED SOX Championship run thread!!

Comments

• BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I fell asleep in the 8th. Glad I wasn't awake to sweat out the 9th.
    It's nice to finally win one on the road again!

Did anyone see that catch by Ichiro on Tek? One of the best catches I have ever seen... >>

Ichiro robbed Varitek, GREAT catch!
  • Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Lets see Dice K go for #9 tonight and limit those walks!!
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Lets see Dice K go for #9 tonight and limit those walks!! >>

Im all for that! Lets Go Dice!!! Lets Go Sox!!! Lets score some freakin' runs!!!!!!!!
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Go Dice G sox..

lay off....the FRIGGIN WALKS
  • TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I don't know what's up with Dice-K yet, but he better buy Manny dinner cuz Manny just got him off the hook in a hurry.
    he follows up the HR with an assist at 3rd. If only Manny could throw effective middle relief!
    Q1: Why is Hansen warming up in the bullpen?
    Q2: Why is Hansen not in Rhode Island?
    Q3: Why is Hansen not in Maine?
    I ask myself the same questions about Timlin. He sux.
  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Mike (I"m a HUGE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZER) Timlin.

Once again, with the game on the line he chokes. With a record of 2-3 and getting paid $3m per season, I think it's beyond time that he go the way of Tavarez, the sooner the better. How can they keep this guy on the roster? What a pathetic slug!!! TOTALLY USELESS.

I did however enjoy watching some of the O's - Yankee's game. Way to go Orioles!! Millar was on his game. Nice win for the O's.
    I hesitate to defend Timlin, but if Cora hadn't totally botched Balentein's leadoff "single" Timlin wouldn't have been in that mess in the first place. Yes, they scored it a hit, but it was an error.

One thing that the last couple games have taught me: the Red Sox are not the same team without Kevin Youkilis in the lineup and on the field. It was so weird seeing an error committed by a Red Sox first baseman last night.

<< <i> One thing that the last couple games have taught me: the Red Sox are not the same team without Kevin Youkilis in the lineup and on the field. It was so weird seeing an error committed by a Red Sox first baseman last night. >>

This is why I think we made a mistake throwing a ton of cash at Mike Lowell- seriously NO disrespect to him but sooner or later these "Up and comers" are going to demand much more than "Up and comer" money, we are going to need some loot to keep these guys....IE: Pedroia, Lester, Youk, Ellsbury, Buccholz....
    And yes Timlin is awful. I dont like him pitching for us even a tiny teeny bit.

<< <i>

<< <i> One thing that the last couple games have taught me: the Red Sox are not the same team without Kevin Youkilis in the lineup and on the field. It was so weird seeing an error committed by a Red Sox first baseman last night. >>

This is why I think we made a mistake throwing a ton of cash at Mike Lowell- seriously NO disrespect to him but sooner or later these "Up and comers" are going to demand much more than "Up and comer" money, we are going to need some loot to keep these guys....IE: Pedroia, Lester, Youk, Ellsbury, Buccholz.... >>

Lowell's contract will be up before all but Youkilis will get a fatter contract

<< <i>

<< <i>

This is why I think we made a mistake throwing a ton of cash at Mike Lowell- seriously NO disrespect to him but sooner or later these "Up and comers" are going to demand much more than "Up and comer" money, we are going to need some loot to keep these guys....IE: Pedroia, Lester, Youk, Ellsbury, Buccholz.... >>

Lowell's contract will be up before all but Youkilis will get a fatter contract >>

Ok thats good to know, again not a slight on Lowell but he will never have a season like last years again- IMO anyways! He did deserve to get paid for all he did last year but still...
    Hopefully Wake can work on his 5+ ERA tonight and get us a big 'ole W!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again I really dont like West Coast games image
    Agreed on the late night games.
    Lets get some friggin runs!!!
    this pattern of sucking large ones on the road is very disturbing. Maybe the 9th will bring at least one run...PLEASE!
    That game blew. Bedard is good (or he was last year) but only 2 hits? Are you kidding me? And this against the worst team in the AL. Maybe the Orioles won't be so tough on us? image

<< <i>That game blew. Bedard is good (or he was last year) but only 2 hits? Are you kidding me? And this against the worst team in the AL. Maybe the Orioles won't be so tough on us? image >>

it is tough to be happy with "we won the WS in 2004 and 2007 so going 1-5 so far on the trip isn't so bad"
  • Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    M's 1, BoSox 0

All the world is right again!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.

<< <i>That game blew. Bedard is good (or he was last year) but only 2 hits? Are you kidding me? And this against the worst team in the AL. Maybe the Orioles won't be so tough on us? image >>

Especially when he got pounded last time out.
    What is it with the road this year????
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That basturd Bedard did'nt pitch like that against the Yankees. image

Wasted a great effort by Wakefield.
    Well Wake worked on that 5+ ERA but nobody helped him out! image
    He seems to get the worst run support of just about any starting pitcher.
    You can't win when you have 7 LOBs. Hard to believe that a team as solid as the Red Sox couldn't pull off at least a couple of runs. Wakefield picthed a nice game, even though 2 WPs. Tough to loose one run games, they have a tendency to add up in late September.

Fortunately, I crashed about the 4th inning.
  • The Sox are that much closer to the cellar. The Yankees will rise to the top. The cream inevitably always does. image Watch out for those Ray Basitges though!!!!

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
    You really should just be enjoying your Giants success because it is not happening for the Yankees this year.
    My bad...mentions of the Yankees in our thread does weird things to me! image
  • I am still in Giants heaven. I keep having recurrent dreams of the Super Bowl and Brady on his arse and then I wake up and have to pinch myself when I realize it was true.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
    Ok enough of the Super Bowl talk in this thread! You Giants are champs no doubt- just start another thread already! Its all you guys have to cherish this decade so we all understand!
  • Bottom9th instigated the Super Bowl talk.

<< <i>Bottom9th instigated the Super Bowl talk. >>

Fair enough- But please fellas lets not ruin the MOJO of this thread!
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    yes please, stop with the "hatting" already

<< <i>The Sox are that much closer to the cellar. The Yankees will rise to the top. The cream inevitably always does. >>

Irrational exuberance.
    Lets Go Beckett!!!!!!!!

Hopefully we will support him with a bunch of Freakin' runs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Matsuzaka now on the 15-day DL. Maybe the shoulder strain was the reason for the excessive BBs?

<< <i>Matsuzaka now on the 15-day DL. Maybe the shoulder strain was the reason for the excessive BBs? >>

I dont think his shoulder has been strained since his first start this year!

LETS GO!!!!!!!!! SCORE SOME FREAKIN' MORE RUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    On to the 11th
    Finally!!! A run in the 13th...unearned but still a run. Now let's finish them off!

Okay 3 unearned runs.....I'll take it. A win is a win.....thank God that's over!

Even harder to believe...Timlin got the Win!
    The Red Sox looked like the better team tonight, for sure. But the Orioles gave us that game. Oh well, like you said Bottom9th, a win is a win.
    image nice job grinding out a win! And yes I was sweating bullets when Timlin came in image
    We survived, Lopez, Hansen, Delcarmen, and Timlin. Now we need Lester to have a quality start today to rest everyone.
    Well hopefully the Fellas are not to tired to kick some Oriole Butt today!
    Congrats MANNY!!!!
    Another win. Gotta keep up with the mighty Rays! image

<< <i>

<< <i>The Sox are that much closer to the cellar. The Yankees will rise to the top. The cream inevitably always does. >>

Irrational exuberance. >>

Delusional. Joba the Hut's gonna throw his arm out, and Farnsworth is good for at least 10 BSVs.
    Nice win tonight! image

Hopefully Papi's wrist is ok...And another fine outing by Lester!!!
    And a HUGE congratulations to MANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! imageimageimage

2 in a row on the road! This is what should happen against the O's. Tomorrow we have the second coming of Rich Garces, Bartolo Colon on the mound.
    Let's go Sox!