Home Sports Talk

The Official 2008 RED SOX Championship run thread!!

Comments

• VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice work! Just enough to get the job done! Funny thing is the first thing that comes to mind is how the Yankees did! How silly of Me, it is now how did the Rays do image/image/image >>

HAAAA - hilarious.

Nice outing by Justin. Hope he gets a few more starts while Clay is out...what about Bartolo Colon tomorrow - will he be 750lbs? Will his shadow take up the whole mound?
  • TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I think Masterson is probably already on a bus back to the minors. Colon is supposed to pitch for Clay but the Sox needed Masterson to start today because of the double-header the other day/night.

Masterson did look great though. It's nice to know that we've got more firepower to call upon when the starters encounter the inevitable aches and bruises.

It's funny how much a couple wins (even against the Royals) can help erase the misery of a losing streak.
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Nice work! Just enough to get the job done! Funny thing is the first thing that comes to mind is how the Yankees did! How silly of Me, it is now how did the Rays do image/image/image >>

HAAAA - hilarious.

Nice outing by Justin. Hope he gets a few more starts while Clay is out...what about Bartolo Colon tomorrow - will he be 750lbs? Will his shadow take up the whole mound? >>

the shadow serves to make the fastball harder to pick-up...it is all part of his master plan. Looking forward to a successful comeback.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well The Yankees lost so hopefully we can get a win tonight!

HOLD ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I MEANT THE RAYS!!!! Lost so hopefully we can get a win tonight! image
    last time I saw Bartolo Colon pitch was in Fenway when he was a member of the White Sox. He was MASTERFUL that night and totally shut the Red Sox down. I sure hope he has some of that magic left!
    Hey Red Sox! Do what Ellsbury just did!!!! Let's score some more freakin' runs and support our fat man.
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    score some MORE freakin runs!

<< <i>Hey Red Sox! Do what Ellsbury just did!!!! Let's score some more freakin' runs and support our fat man. >>

AGREED!!!!!!!!!

<< <i>score some MORE freakin runs! >>

Agreed here as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I saw Colon pitch against the Bisons last week and he was masterful. He looks pretty good tonight!

Cameo cards web store
    All the recent talk about V-Tek and he gets us even!! image
    nice performance by Colon! Bullpen just needs to nail it down image
  • Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Just got home but it looks like Bartolo did okay. Lets hold them now and get the Win!
    Hard to believe we had a rough patch and are still on top! Where are the CRANKee fans?

<< <i>Hard to believe we had a rough patch and are still on top! Where are the CRANKee fans? >>

Ya know whats even harder to believe? Timlin actually didnt blow the game for us! Obviously he HAD to give up at least one run but at least that was it and we had enogh of a lead.

Nice job Colon! I would love to see this guy get somewhat back to form- no way Im counting on it but it was nice to see him throw 5 decent innings.
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bartolo actually looks like he slimmed down! (he is still fat, but I think he can fit through a doorway now)! image
  • bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Well, as of this morning's standings, guess who has the best record in baseball?

The Boston Red Sox, 30-19.

Capecards

<< <i>

<< <i>Hard to believe we had a rough patch and are still on top! Where are the CRANKee fans? >>

Ya know whats even harder to believe? Timlin actually didnt blow the game for us! Obviously he HAD to give up at least one run but at least that was it and we had enogh of a lead.

Nice job Colon! I would love to see this guy get somewhat back to form- no way Im counting on it but it was nice to see him throw 5 decent innings. >>

before the start of the inning, NESN showed some of Timlin's stats: opposing batters are hitting .378 against him this year.

That's effective image
    Is it just me or does it seem like a really strange twist in reality that Dice-K has a 7-0 record with a sparkling 2.15 ERA? Has he really pitched that well? I mean, the guy gives out walks like they are lollipops.

The only guy with a better ERA in the AL is Cliff Lee. They both have 46 Ks but Lee's only given up 5 walks and Dice has allowed a whopping 32!

This just seems crazy to me, but no matter what he's doing and however he's doing it, here's to him doing it again tonight! image
    I read somewhere that Matsuzaka has just started (in the last game or two) to reduce his efforts to "paint the corners" -- if he's successful at it, perhaps 1-3 walks/9 innings is achievable for him.
    Interesting game so far. After 2 innings Dice has 3 walks and 3 Ks . . . I'm not able to watch the game on TV today so I can't tell how badly he is missing. Is he painting the corners still or is he missing by a lot more? Still managing to pitch okay overall though.

And JD Drew? He wouldn't have been my pick to hit a grand slam today, but I guess even the blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    6 walks in 5 plus for Dice-K. If he can find the strike zone more often he is going to be very tough but I would say he still is nibbling.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
    lucky for Matsuzaka that the Sox have scored 11 so far, he looked quite average.

Hansen working his way back to AAA it would seem

<< <i>lucky for Matsuzaka that the Sox have scored 11 so far, he looked quite average.

Hansen working his way back to AAA it would seem >>

Hansen = El Busto

I mean wow, talk about a guy who was WAY overhyped!
    What we see is what we get with Dice as far as Im concerned. He understands the game here in the states now- its not like he is in need of learning anything, he is a solid pitcher that walks a lot of batters but is good enough to not get hurt by it more times than not.

Right now he is 8-0, but pitching more like a 6-2 guy?

<< <i>What we see is what we get with Dice as far as Im concerned. He understands the game here in the states now- its not like he is in need of learning anything, he is a solid pitcher that walks a lot of batters but is good enough to not get hurt by it more times than not.

Right now he is 8-0, but pitching more like a 6-2 guy? >>

image so you are saying he is the best two pitchers on the Sox now!
    LAte one tonight guys! looks like 10 pm in oakland? I'm tired already...need vodka and redbull!
    Me too....I expect to make it about 3 innings if I am lucky!
    Ugggh...I wish I had already went to bed!
    Not looking good tonight.
    got the daughter to bed, got the wife to bed, tuned in...tuned out. Ewww.
    Beckett on the hill tonight!!! LETS GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ok lets not start this "Not able to hit or score runs thing" again. image
  • Please do. It's very nice to pick on 2 full games in 2 days. image

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
    I hope the Sox can play near .500 ball away from Fenway. If they play .500 on the road, they make the playoffs. Until tonight, the Sox on the road reminded me of the Celtics on the road in the playoffs image
    Well, Lester is going today- it will be hard to realisticaly expect a repeat performance from his last game so instead of a no-hitter how about just pitching a shutout? image

<< <i>Well, Lester is going today- it will be hard to realisticaly expect a repeat performance from his last game so instead of a no-hitter how about just pitching a shutout? image >>

how about just a win, any win, any way on the road.

<< <i>

<< <i>Well, Lester is going today- it will be hard to realisticaly expect a repeat performance from his last game so instead of a no-hitter how about just pitching a shutout? image >>

how about just a win, any win, any way on the road. >>

Lemme give that some thought...

Yup that will work as well.
    Works for me!
    let's score some MORE freakin runs
    When is Hansen going back to the Minors??? He can't handle the show yet.

<< <i>yet. >>

I think I've already lost hope for him forever.
    Good point...we just gave the Rays first place back. Oh well.....
    it is almost not worth it to watch road games image
    ok, we need a W tonight1
    I hate these west coast road trips image

And yes lets get a W tonight!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah West Coast trips suck. I think we'll bounce back tonight with a Win. We certainly could use one!
    Papi breaks up the perfect start by Hernandez with one swing of the bat!

top of 8th...that's more like it!

Luso...anyone want him for a bag of beef jerky?
    I fell asleep in the 8th. Glad I wasn't awake to sweat out the 9th.
    It's nice to finally win one on the road again!

Did anyone see that catch by Ichiro on Tek? One of the best catches I have ever seen...