Home Sports Talk
Options

The Official 2008 RED SOX Championship run thread!!

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice job Lowell! image

Lets shut 'em down DICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Hansen, DelCarmen, Timlin, Papelbon:

One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just isn't the same, one of these things is not like the others, now it's time to play our game...
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    A nice way to start the road trip. Dice K needs to find the plate though!!
  • Options

<< <i>Hansen, DelCarmen, Timlin, Papelbon:

One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just isn't the same, one of these things is not like the others, now it's time to play our game... >>

• Options

<< <i>A nice way to start the road trip. Dice K needs to find the plate though!! >>

Agreed, that was WAAAAAAAY too many walks for my liking!
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the game last night and the Ortiz dinger. Dice needs to get in gear and stop the walk thing. I started to sweat when Oky came in and things got a little shaky. I almost had to take an advil when I saw Timlin warming up! I just can't warm up to the guy, and will say it again...he ain't gonna be there next year, or sooner.

Gotta say it...was glad to see Renteria pick up two errors. This from the former Red Sox shortstop who claimed that the Fenway infield was the worst infield he'd ever played on...this was to somehow explain his 30 errors while in the Red Sox uniform. Too bad he wasn't just man enough to admit he had a bad season, but had to blame his poor performance on the groundskeeper. Total BS.

I live in Atlanta, boy, how Bobby Cox raved about Renteria, almost like he was sent from heaven. Geez, Bobby, if he was that good, how come you traded him???

Hopefully the knuckleball is on tonight. Enjoy da game guys.
  • Options
    Renteria is a wimp, Im glad we got rid of him. And yes Timlin does make you stress out no doubt!

All in all I think our pitching has been great lately other than Dice walking people like its going out of style! He has always had too many walks allowed IMO..
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    LET'S SCORE SOME FREAKIN RUNS!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    3-0 Top of the 4th. Youk with 2 doubles and Cash with a pair of hits too.
  • Options
    "welcome to the Major Leagues, young man. You will remember that first pitch forever"

-- Manny Ramirez
  • Options
    All of a sudden Papi and Manny each have 7 dingers! Gotta love Papi getting his swing back.......
  • Options

<< <i>"welcome to the Major Leagues, young man. You will remember that first pitch forever"

-- Manny Ramirez >>

• Options
    Great game and Wake was virtually unhittable!!
  • Options
    We even survived a Timlin appearance as well! image
  • Options

<< <i>We even survived a Timlin appearance as well! image >>

I cringed when he and DelCarmen were both warming up image
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    I would have liked to see Wake finish the game. He certainly could have done it. Had plenty of gas left.
  • Options
    Was surprised to see Tito pull Wakefield, especially since he was in total command. Looks like Tito had to plead his case in the dugout, but still, it was 5-0, Wake shouldh've gotten the complete game with just one inning left. After Timlin gave up the single, I was reaching for the advil, but thank God for double plays. image

Wasn't the back to back sweet? Ortiz put it deep into the seats, glad to see the bats coming back to the power hitters.

Sox on a roll, how sweet it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like Leyland a lot. Was at a Braves game once and he was walking around the rim of the outfield tossing balls to the fans. Always a classy guy, sorry he's in with a "challenged" team. Maybe time to go fishing permanently in Florida for him.
  • Options

<< <i>I like Leyland a lot. Was at a Braves game once and he was walking around the rim of the outfield tossing balls to the fans. Always a classy guy, sorry he's in with a "challenged" team. Maybe time to go fishing permanently in Florida for him. >>

If he couldnt win it with one of those early 90's Pirates teams I dont think he ever will..
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Papi is making me happy . . . just a few days ago he was hitting .198 and now he's all the way up to .225.

And we're on pace for 101 wins.
  • Options
    edmundfitzgeraldedmundfitzgerald Posts: 4,306 ✭✭
    More tiger meat for dinner tonight image
  • Options
    Hey Perk...

Leyland won the WS when manager of the Marlins in 1997.
  • Options
    edmundfitzgeraldedmundfitzgerald Posts: 4,306 ✭✭
    I say we have a discussion...........

Who here believes that we should keep bumping the " Yankees 2008 run to the world series" thread to the top ?
    I believe it is up to us, being that we are the good hearted, kind citizens that we are, to keep that thread at the top while
    our poor friends from the south continue to lose baseball games. It appears that no one over on that thread feels like responding
    anymore, and it continues to go to page 2.

We can't let that happen, now can we ? What about it boys ?
  • Options
    When important events happen like Joba giving up 3 run bombs, it is our civic duty to keep the Sports Talk masses informed.
  • Options
    Lets score some freakin runs guys!!
  • Options
    My 2 cents...

The Yankee's fans have a very, VERY hard time dealing with adversity. They continue to harbor this "hard wired" we are the Yankees, we cannot lose, we are too great, we got all these rings and WS wins since the beginning of time...blah, blah. Those Red Sox bozos, the curse of the Bambino, Bucky Dent, etc, etc, ad nauseum. Sad to think so many live in the past.

So...when needlers like me come along, instead of going with the flow, they just hunker down and hope we'll go away, or that some miracle will happen with the Yankee's thus enabling them to come out of their shells.

Therefore, I believe it is our civic duty as members of Red Sox Nation to continue to poke a jab here and there just to keep them awake. Additionally, if they can't take the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen. I shall continue to be honor bound to gently hassle the Yankee's thread as circumstances warrant.

So, for any Yankee's fan reading this...lighten up, it's just baseball. You guys like to dish, but you hate to take...can't work that way. Make the best of a very dismal situation.

I say bring on the Perkies, pop a top, kick back and enjoy da games.
  • Options
    I wish there was a Rays Championship run thread because I think they are the real competition in the AL East this year.
  • Options

<< <i>Hey Perk...

Leyland won the WS when manager of the Marlins in 1997. >>

Your right! My bad, I forgot about that. Remember the Fire Sale the following year after they won it- If there EVER was a team that bought a Championship it was that '97 Marlins team- total joke.
  • Options

<< <i>Lets score some freakin runs guys!! >>

Teddy Touch, I LOVE that you are not being distracted!!!!!

Im all for that Yankees thread getting bumped up, Softparade didnt start the thread this year like he ussually does so it kind of doesnt have the luster of the previous ones. Not to mention, I have ZERO fear of the Yankees- Im serious too, I agree with Von and think the Rays will battle them all year for second place.
  • Options
    WTF Ephis pitch?
  • Options
    Youk with 2 bombs tonight!
    Still time for a comeback!
  • Options
    YOOOOOOUUUUUUKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who's the next guy to STEP UP!!!!!!!!

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • Options
    I saw a stat that Papi is 1/10 with runners in scoring position and less than 2 outs.
    Make that 1/11! image
  • Options

<< <i>I saw a stat that Papi is 1/10 with runners in scoring position and less than 2 outs.
    Make that 1/11! image >>

Yea, we need to work on that-
  • Options
    yeeeeaaah boi!

• Options

<< <i>YOOOOOOUUUUUUKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who's the next guy to STEP UP!!!!!!!!

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? >>

LOWELL!!!! Thats WHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK WHO IS NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    dunno Perk, Lugo?
  • Options

<< <i>dunno Perk, Lugo? >>

Why not? Or even JD Drew Maybe???????? image
  • Options
    Dusty Pedra?

Papi?
  • Options
    I remember last year Von saying how he thought Papi was being to patient at the plate and not taking some swings at times, well I think this year he is not being patient enough! That ball was way too low for him to hit...
  • Options
    "Bring out the Pap"

-"The Pap's sleepin"

• Options
    I hate Lugo!!!
    We never should have let OC go....

Oh well, nice comeback by the Tigers. I can't blame Paps at all.
  • Options

<< <i>I hate Lugo!!!
    We never should have let OC go....

Oh well, nice comeback by the Tigers. I can't blame Paps at all. >>

agreed image
  • Options
    I agree. The box score will show Papelbon with the blown save and the loss, but that was all on Lugo and whoever decided to pitch to Granderson when they could have loaded the bases and set up the double play ball and a force out at home.
  • Options
    Luso lives up to his real name image
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    After four years,............................I still miss Orlando Cabrera. Hell, I still miss Gonzo.
  • Options
    Tough luck for Papelbon. An error, infield hit, sac bunt, and bloop single resulted in 2 runs that were not his fault. It's not like he walked 2 batters and gave up a 3-run homer image.

Frickin Luso. I wanted them to keep A-Gon all along.
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    One of the great blunders in recent Red Sox history was the release of Orlando Cabrera - I said it at the time, and it has come back to haunt them several times. A great glove man at shortstop is worth 5-10 games a year, and this was one of them. Lugo is pretty good too, but the Cabrera fiasco was a case of the Bosox braintrust over micro-managing instead of leaving well enough alone.

The good news is, no one is running away with the division so far, so .600 might be good enough to win it.
    Capecards
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    what drives you crazy about Lugo is that on the check swing dribbler the hitter before, he made an outstanding play to almost get the runner. then he boots the easy one, although I think Remy was right, if he tried to go to 2nd with it, he might not have gotten the runner anyway....those were the cheapest 2 runs I've ever seen, not a single hard hit ball all inning.