Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Silver, Gold, Platinum Eagles, Buffalo Issues, Mints Intentions, Historical and current sales data f

Comments

• Options
    4600 image
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options

<< <i>when we ever do meet for that beer, I'll bring a 2006w so you can see what one looks like in real life. >>

Will this do for now?image

imageimage
    Good deals with: goldman86 mkman123 Wingsrule wondercoin segoja Tccuga OKCC LindeDad and others.

my early American coins & currency: -- http://yankeedoodlecoins.com/
  • Options
    GritsManGritsMan Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would like your expert opinion on the long term value of the Proof and Reverse proof 70

Mine are perfect and in NGC special labels, PF70UC and PF70 >>

If you're talking about the 2007 $50 plats, these are going nowhere in a hurry--and for a long time. I wish I'd sold mine when platinum hit $2300/oz so I could re-buy them at a much lower price. If you collect the series, though, you gotta have them. The RP is a very nice looking coin.

RE: First Spouse, these are the big mystery. I look for the sales on the Uncs to hover around 3-4,000 for all but the most popular First Ladies for the rest of the series. Will that make them valuable? Who he H@ll knows? I bought a Louisa Adams just for kicks to see what happens ten years from now. If nothing else, it's nice to have an extra 1/2-oz of gold in the SDB during these times.
    Winner of the Coveted Devil Award June 8th, 2010
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,524 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed, Coinman.........looks like you have a keeper there! Congrats!

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Half

The 1/4's dropped 400+ from returns, not cancellations >>

I don't think the numbers support that theory because the largest portion of the drop in the 1/4 happened well after the deadline for returns expired, so they couldn't be returns.

Also with all of the supposed backorders you said happened with the 1/4 they simply would have filled the backorders with the returns and the numbers wouldn't have changed.

So it seems the 402 coins drop was due to backorders being eliminated.image
  • Options
    The time it takes for returned coins to be put back in inventory these days seems to be running 2-4 weeks. In the 2003-2006 period it used to take months for the returns to show up as a negative sales number on the report. The longest period I have seen for returns to show up is about 3 months.

Half,

You must have a serious load of 2006w plats or something...............
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>image
    image >>

Schweeeet! The king of kings of plat. proofs. When did you aquire this? Did you get it raw or graded? NICE! >>

i bought 2 of them along with some other bullion and submitted all(i sent nothing back to the mint) and got these grades.

rder #20261839 / Submission #100040
    Line # Item # Cert # PCGS No. CoinDate Denomination Variety Country Grade
    1 1 12997609 399930 2008-W $25 American Buffalo US MS70
    1 2 12997610 399930 2008-W $25 American Buffalo US MS70
    1 3 12997611 399930 2008-W $25 American Buffalo US MS70
    2 1 12997612 393082 2008-W $50 Statue of Liberty US MS70
    2 2 12997613 393082 2008-W $50 Statue of Liberty US MS70
    2 3 12997614 393082 2008-W $50 Statue of Liberty US MS70
    3 1 12997615 393090 2008-W $50 Statue of Liberty US PR70DC
    3 2 12997616 393090 2008-W $50 Statue of Liberty US PR69DC
    Total Items: 8
    Date Received: 1/5/2009
    Date Shipped: N/A
    Order Status: Shipped

image >>

Wow, congrats! You should have bought some PowerBall tickets that day as well.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    The reduction of 402 pieces was for returns.

This has been communicated by the USM Office of Public Affairs, they also stated that cancellations of orders have not been deducted from the totals, but will be when final reconciliation is done.

If you look at the orders, they did not drop much at all from the 1,778 stated at Dec 7th - and cancellations occurred no earlier that that point in time.

So, the numbers you hold near and dear to your heart support the fact that cancellations have not been deducted.
  • Options
    NYC -

That's OK. We know what they look like. My buddies sold you some of yours.

Tasting that icy beer, in the icy mug with little pieces of ice swimming on top........it tastes so good when it's free.

7/8
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were more one-tenth ounce uncirculated platinum "dimes" produced then uncirculated platinum $100.00s in every
    year of the entire series from 2006 - 2008!

A coin with little eye appeal due to its tiny one-tenth ounce size, and produced in far greater quantities then the $100.00s,
    which in contrast possess all of the fore-mentioned attributes in my previous posts today.

Which would you rather have?

The collecting public would rather have the "dimes".

The tenth-ounce proof outsold the one-ounce proof every year but one. The 2006-W burnished tenth-ounce was the first to sell out, the lower-mintage 2006-W burnished one-ounce sold out quite a bit later. The 2006-W burnished tenth-ounce also turned out to have best short-term appreciation, relative to issue price. At least several dozen 2006-W one-ounce burnished plats were sent to the smelters during the $2000+ price spike, but as far as I know no tenth-ounce burnished plats were melted.

The detail is easier to see on the one-ounce, but the tenth-ounce has more than a "little" eye appeal. If size alone were the criteria, then half-dimes, one-dollar gold and three-cent silver coins would be uncollectable. To say nothing of diamonds.

Which would I rather have? In terms of value for price paid, I would much rather have the tenth-ounce.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options

<< <i>The reduction of 402 pieces was for returns.

This has been communicated by the USM Office of Public Affairs, they also stated that cancellations of orders have not been deducted from the totals, but will be when final reconciliation is done.

If you look at the orders, they did not drop much at all from the 1,778 stated at Dec 7th - and cancellations occurred no earlier that that point in time.

So, the numbers you hold near and dear to your heart support the fact that cancellations have not been deducted. >>

I canceled an order for 1/4 plat unc so there were cancellations before the 1778 was posted. So if I canceled I am sure many others did too.

So this statement "If you look at the orders, they did not drop much at all from the 1,778 stated at Dec 7th - and cancellations occurred no earlier that that point in time. " is not accurate.

Once the numbers of 1/4 skyrocketed people canceled orders and that may be the 402 coins, I can't see returns dropping numbers as they would send them back out to fill backorders.

• Options
    What we need to know is how many more 1/4 gold unc are left as we have another week passed. If they added another 2000 orders then we are in trouble. image
  • Options
    I'm betting that orders for the unc. 1/4 oz. gold eagle are *way* down since the price crossed $300. Currently $309.50.

• Options
    Half -

Do your homework. The vast majority of cancellations were **AFTER** the Dec 7th numbers on your coveted sales report.

Your 1 coin cancellation doesn't speak for much.

500+ single 1/4's that have been reported cancelled - not cancelled thru their action - after that date.

We are NOT talking about CUSTOMER cancellations, we are talking about the BIG USM cancellation..........it wasn't voluntary.

7/8

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm betting that orders for the unc. 1/4 oz. gold eagle are *way* down since the price crossed $300. Currently $309.50. >>

Not according to the latest Mint Stats from NN ... the 1/4 oz increased by about 2,000 from the previous week.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    I have a quick question for the group ...

I don't have my numbers handy, and need to know what the final mint issue sales price was
    this past fall for the 2008-W $50.00 one-half ounce platinum proof coins.

Many thanks!
  • Options
    drfishdrfish Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
    $599.95
  • Options
    Many thanks!
  • Options

<< <i>Half -

Do your homework. The vast majority of cancellations were **AFTER** the Dec 7th numbers on your coveted sales report.

7/8 >>

You make these broad statements as though you know everyone that ordered, but you don't so you have no way of knowing how many were canceled voluntary and how many the mint canceled. We also don't know how many were returned and filled.

Basically everything is a guess as to what happened because the mint doesn't break the numbers down for us. If you do know for a fact that 500 plus orders were canceled after Dec 7th then without knowing the other breakdown we have no way of knowing how that affects the report.

Don't forget that the other coins are also well past 2006 w unc numbers and will have to drop almost 1000 coins with the 1/4 having to drop over 1200. So 500 orders is not enough I am afraid.

Now I know you are going to claim the 4 coins set will drop 700 so there goes the magic 1200. But we don't know the actual 4 coin set totals and you have admitted that a couple of times already.

I happen to think that the mint did subtract backorders and roughly calculated total sales but we will see. The extra backorders they hold for returns are possbly not included which would mean your 500 total wasn't either.

In any even the mint is the one to give us the numbers not you or I, and so far they say the 2006 w unc is King until further changes. You need to hope for 1219 coins to be dropped from the report for the 1/4, and that is a lot of coins for such a small mintage.

• Options
    I just heard it on good authority today that we will shortly see a major drop in the mintage figures for the 2008-W
    uncirculated platinum coins!

Based on this new information, only 1200 sets were actually struck, reducing all the numbers by over 1000 + coins.

Of course, they could be wrong. Or they could be right. Only the "Shadow" knows for certain ...

Tee Hee Hee!

• Options
  • Options

<< <i>What we need to know is how many more 1/4 gold unc are left as we have another week passed. If they added another 2000 orders then we are in trouble. image >>

I ordered four AGE Unc quarters. Three of them were literally sticking out of my mailbox which is on the street when I got home. Good lord. Perhaps they'll just leave my UHR on the curb.
  • Options

<< <i>I just heard it on good authority today that we will shortly see a major drop in the mintage figures for the 2008-W

Based on this new information, only 1200 sets were actually struck, reducing all the numbers by over 1000 + coins.

Of course, they could be wrong. Or they could be right. Only the "Shadow" knows for certain ...

Tee Hee Hee!

image >>

I'm sure that they're right as I've already sold all of mine, save for one 70 set which I'm keeping. :-(
  • Options
    Half -

Once mintages are known, and not orders, we will know who is correct and who is wrong.

Until then, this forum is full of competing opinions.

7/8
  • Options

<< <i>I just heard it on good authority today that we will shortly see a major drop in the mintage figures for the 2008-W

Tee Hee Hee!

image >>

Opps, I mispoke ... I meant that all the mintages were going to go UP by 2000 coins (or was it 3000) ...
    I don't know ... all this up and down stuff has me confused !!

• Options
    That's just not right!
    Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity.
  • Options
    Just so others know what we are talking about, this is the difference between 2006 w unc and 2008 w unc.

1 ounce 995
    1/2 ounce 838
    1/4 ounce 1218
    1/10 ounce 1079

So the 1/4 is generally higher but only by about 200 coins which isn't much. That is why I say this is more about all 4 sizes and not just the 1/4.

I can't see the 1/4 dropping enough to break under 2006 unless other sizes do as well. So the importance of the 1/4 backorders alone doesn't mean it is enough to break under 2006.image
  • Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    Okay, I'll kick it off this week...Good Morning Eric, any new numbers?

Thank You image
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

And no appearance by Swami yet...

Falling down on the job, are we?
  • Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
    Eric, When posting numbers could you add the Lincoln Comm. if available. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    coolestcoolest Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

Tee Hee Hee!

image >>

This rumor is worth one dancing smileyimage
  • Options
    nycounselnycounsel Posts: 1,229 ✭✭
    I just heard it on good authority today that we will shortly see a major drop in the mintage figures for the 2008-W

wouldn't that be nice?
    Dan
  • Options
    Remember guys the Mint was closed on Monday.

We may or may not see the weekly order report today.

I dont get the lincoln cent numbers on the report i'm in the distribution for.
  • Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
    I was looking for the Silver dollar #s Eric. Thanks Todd
  • Options
    Any of you guys - or ladies, looking at the 2009 Olympic Winter Game Canadian Gold and Silver Maple Leaf coins? The gold is limited to 50K mintage. Any numismatic value to these??
  • Options
    Any of you guys - or ladies, looking at the 2009 Olympic Winter Game Canadian Gold and Silver Maple Leaf coins? The gold is limited to 50K mintage. Any numismatic value to these??

My guess is no.
    Dan
  • Options
    The 2008 AGE unc ouncer is backordered. Kind of surprising as I thought the quarter would be the next to go.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    I really am surprised that there is any bullion left at all at the mint...
  • Options
    Swami says people selling 2006 w unc plats today will regret it tomorrow. Swami then squints and sees no change in plat numbers this week.

• Options
    The buyer of my 2008w unc platinum set, which was in a mint-sealed box, just filed a claim with paypal claiming it was "significantly not as described."

Thread

Dan
  • Options
    Platinum just crossed $1100.

• Options
    NYC -

That's BS on the 4 cn set sale. Hold the buyer to it. Stick it out. I hate when buyers reneg on the deal. It was a sealed box, I guess it isn't sealed anymore.

Read your related thread. If it's a pi&&ing match about capsules, just send him a couple of capsules. If you dont have any extra capsules, we can sure come up with lots of those.......

7/8
  • Options
    youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭
    Quarter Gold Eagles POOF! Gone!

Hoping they stay under 12,786.
  • Options
    A question regarding "going dark" - when the website says, "shipping on such and such a date", does that mean that they've just filled enough orders to empty out their inventory?

Second question - why wouldn't they stay under 12,786? The most recent data was 7,026 total.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭
    The most recent I have is 2/10. That is total 9164.
  • Options
    2008-W 1/4 oz Gold American Eagles. Recent numbers in NN.

1/15-------6,373

1/22-------6,704

1/29-------7,026

2/05-------7,026

2/12-------9,164

2/19------- ????? ( Backordered ) image
  • Options

<< <i>Quarter Gold Eagles POOF! Gone! >>

I just returned six this morning. My timing is horrible, as always.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Quarter Gold Eagles POOF! Gone! >>

I just returned six this morning. My timing is horrible, as always. >>

I returned a plat proof set shortly before sell out - I know what you mean!
  • Options
    sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    I just tried order one. Couldn;t get past the checkout. Website is out.
  • Options
    What's the significance of 12,786?

I knew it would happen.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file