Home U.S. Coin Forum

Silver, Gold, Platinum Eagles, Buffalo Issues, Mints Intentions, Historical and current sales data f

Comments

• << <i>The Prosperity Set is now on back order. The unc AGEs can't be far behind. >>

My Prosperity Set has been back ordered since I ordered it on January 2.

The ship date slips by one day every day - about once a week they send me an email about it being back-ordered.
    Latest expected shipping date is 2/18.

I really wish I could find out if it will ever ship - I could be using that money elsewhere if I knew it was a lost cause,
    but if I might get it eventually, I don't want to cancel the order.

I had ordered a 1/4 gold Eagle and two silver Eagles at the same time - I've already gotten them, although at first
    they too were back-ordered.

This is my first try at dealing with the Mint- so far, it's just a big dose of frustration.
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    Hang in there Clawdia. image
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have not noticed everything from real-estate to stocks and about everything else has lost its luster. We are in the midst of the worst recession in 80 years. >>

That may be true in the end, but the 70's and 80's were much worse in terms of unemployment, inflation, interest rates, stocks were dead in the 70's. The Dow went from 1,051 to 577 from 1972-74. The stock boom didn't really start until 1982. Negative 6% GNP in 1982 verses this last quarter of -3.8%. Gas lines of odd and even. Blah, blah, blah.... It was bad then and soon to get worse now.
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any new numbers today?? Is today the day for the "real" Plat. Unc. numbers??
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    Swami stutters and says no change in plat numbers this week, sorry guys.

image >>

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

<<Swami stutters and says no change in plat numbers this week, sorry guys.>>

I hope the guy handling the mintage numbers is better than the guy handling the UHR estimated delivery date!!!
  • The mint's customer service is in complete meltdown mode as far as I am concerned. I still have no resolution to the box of 96 ASEs that I was forced to refuse at Fedex on December 17th because the box was broken WIDE OPEN.

I have called them almost every 1-2 weeks since then. Finally, today I got through to a team leader Charlie, and he swears he will resolve this case. I have heard this all before... I just want my ASEs!
  • 2008-W GOLD EAGLES 2/2/2008
    4 SET

2266+888 SETS = DOGS

NOTE THAT THE 2008 COINS ALMOST WITHOUT EXCEPTION WERE LOWER ISSUE THAN 2007. NOTE ONLY 5750 SINGLE ISSUE 2007-W GOLD QUARTERS WERE ISSUED. IF THIS HOLDS TRUE

3007+5,750= 8,757 SINGLE ISSUE 2008-W QUARTERS. WELCOME TO SUB 10,000 MODERN W MINT MARK GOLD WITH NO PENDING W CONTENDERS FOR NEXT YEAR!

1999-W rarest but unknown <6,000 based on die change out rate
    2008-W 9,000 but will be known
    2007-W 12,786 final final
    2006-W 15,188 final final

• << <i>
    My Prosperity Set has been back ordered since I ordered it on January 2.

The ship date slips by one day every day - about once a week they send me an email about it being back-ordered.
    Latest expected shipping date is 2/18.

I really wish I could find out if it will ever ship - I could be using that money elsewhere if I knew it was a lost cause,
    but if I might get it eventually, I don't want to cancel the order.

I had ordered a 1/4 gold Eagle and two silver Eagles at the same time - I've already gotten them, although at first
    they too were back-ordered.

This is my first try at dealing with the Mint- so far, it's just a big dose of frustration. >>

I'm in the same boat... I ordered my Prosperity set on 12/24 and I've been getting the same runaround from the mint. When I called & asked how something I ordered over a month ago that was "In Stock and Reserved" and then went to backorder even though it showed as being available on their website for the past month still hasn't shipped yet -- I got nothing but BS excuses about the inventory being transferred from Memphis to Indiana, then they told me that orders are processed on a "first in first out" basis, then I was told it was going to ship on 1/23, blah, blah, blah.

• smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Eric!image

• << <i>2008-W GOLD EAGLES 2/2/2008
    4 SET

2266+888 SETS = DOGS

NOTE THAT THE 2008 COINS ALMOST WITHOUT EXCEPTION WERE LOWER ISSUE THAN 2007. NOTE ONLY 5750 SINGLE ISSUE 2007-W GOLD QUARTERS WERE ISSUED. IF THIS HOLDS TRUE

3007+5,750= 8,757 SINGLE ISSUE 2008-W QUARTERS. WELCOME TO SUB 10,000 MODERN W MINT MARK GOLD WITH NO PENDING W CONTENDERS FOR NEXT YEAR!

2006-W 15,188 final final >>

Do you mean only 5750 single issue 2008-W gold quarters were issued? I'm thinking might be a typo . . .

You say the 1/2s are dogs . . . how many were issued in 2007-W and 2006-W as final numbers? Looks like the 2008-W will come in
    somewhere more than 10,000 - any idea how many more than that?

• mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clawdia, jbw - there's a lot of that going around. My order for an MVB spouse proof, made on Dec. 8, "In stock and reserved" on Dec 22 and on hold forever, has just been canceled by the mint. I have made 5 phone calls over the past 5 weeks, each documented, trying to get the coin out of the loop that it was stuck in. No CC problems, my credit limit is 100 times the cost of the coin. Well, it finally broke the loop today when it was unceremoniously killed. I have been instructed to "call back tomorrow and speak to someone at headquarters" to get it resolved. I would just re-order but the price has increased quite a bit since my original order. Frustrating doesn't even come close to describing it...
  • Would somebody explain to me how the figure for the 1/4oz total gets to be 5750? 4 coin sets = 3007 plus 4888 single 1/4oz coins adds up to be 7895 where I went to school. What is missing here ERIC or somebody!!
    Charles Crews ** CU Members that I have had Buy/sell deals with alohagary,dabigkahuna,goldman86,fivecents,endzone,clackamas,ericj96,Bochiman,Wingsrule,adriana,claychaser,holeinone1972,itsnotjustme,MJcoin,Kishul,jsego,TWQG,carlwolfort,jmski52,steelielee,grote15
  • nycounselnycounsel Posts: 1,229 ✭✭
    Would somebody explain to me how the figure for the 1/4oz total gets to be 5750? 4 coin sets = 3007 plus 4888 single 1/4oz coins adds up to be 7895 where I went to school. What is missing here ERIC or somebody!!

Eric was talking about 2007 there... using that number to compare to 2008.

2008-W GOLD EAGLES 2/2/2008

2266+888 SETS = DOGS

2006-W 15,188 final final
    Dan

• << <i>Would somebody explain to me how the figure for the 1/4oz total gets to be 5750? 4 coin sets = 3007 plus 4888 single 1/4oz coins adds up to be 7895 where I went to school. What is missing here ERIC or somebody!! >>

I was so busy thinking about years that the math slid right past me . . . how does that number come about?

• I think Eric has found out how many of the 2008-W quarters were struck.......5,750

5,750 struck
    4,888 sold

862 left til sellout...........................
  • Now Eric fess up................any info on the Plats??
  • OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    >>NOTE ONLY 5750 SINGLE ISSUE 2007-W GOLD QUARTERS WERE ISSUED. IF THIS HOLDS TRUE 3007+5,750= 8,757 SINGLE ISSUE 2008-W QUARTERS.<<

My interpretation:

Total for 2008-W unc. 4-coin sets = 3,007 and sold out.

Total for 2007-W single 1/4 ounce = 5,750.

If this number (5,750) holds true for the 2008-W single 1/4 ounce, then the total mintage for the 2008-W 1/4 ounce will be 8,757.

So the assumption is that the number of 2008-W 1/4 ounce singles will be equal to (or less than) the total number of 2007-W 1/4 ounce singles. I think there's a decent chance of this being the case, since the mintage of the 2008-W 4-coin set came in well below the 2007-W 4-coin set. If this is indeed the case, it will make the 2008-W unc. 1/4 ounce the non-error key to the entire Gold Eagle series, and the only coin with a known mintage under 10,000.

BTW, the 1/4 ounce single is still available from the Mint website at $297. Spot for 1/4 ounce is about $200.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭
    Thoughts anyone:

The quarter ounce proof sold out at 100% of production limit while the 4 coin proof set sold out at 37%.

If the questionable blank availability was in play, the quarter blanks were/are abundant in that the proof quarters sold out at 100%.
    That in mind, as the proof tenths sold out at 46% of production limit, so too, in a perfect world should the tenth uncs sell out
    at about the same percentage, possibly lowest mintage?
    What was the production limit for 2008-W unc. Gold Eagles?

I didn't think there was one.

• 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    minted to demand.

but they have to be minted in the calendar year (2008)

• << <i>Now Eric fess up................any info on the Plats?? >>

YES THEY ARE GREAT COINS AND THE NUMBERS ARE NOT CHANGING!
  • nycounselnycounsel Posts: 1,229 ✭✭
    YES THEY ARE GREAT COINS AND THE NUMBERS ARE NOT CHANGING!

Ever? or are you just commenting on how long the final numbers are taking?
    Dan
  • I can see where adding in the numbers of the Prosperity Sets will increase the total number of 1/2 oz 2008 W unc. gold Eagles (and the 1/2 oz unc. Buffs, too), and for that reason these two coins might not be worth as much as if they had lower mintage numbers.

But - is there a reasonable chance that the Prosperity Set itself might have value above and beyond what the individual 1/2 oz coins achieve?

Just wondering - considering cancelling the one I have on order. Trying to be sure I look at it from every angle.

Anybody want to make a guess as to the above question, or a guess on the amount this set might realistically be worth in a year or two?

And yep - I know a "guess" is nothing more than what it says it is . . . sometimes, I just wonder what other people think 'cause I get tired of listening
    to the voices in my head . . .
  • Last night I checked on my backordered 1/10th Proof Platinums that have been backordered since December 8th, the night of the frinzy. They are all in stock and reserved and my credit card has been hit. Never thought I would see these coins. image
  • Congratulations, puritan. I have an unc plat set and unc buffalo quarters that are still on backorder, which I've given up on.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Coasterfan, don't give up. Good luck!
    Is jf coin a board member? He/she sure is selling a lot of buffs!

<< <i>Last night I checked on my backordered 1/10th Proof Platinums that have been backordered since December 8th, the night of the frinzy. They are all in stock and reserved and my credit card has been hit. Never thought I would see these coins. image >>

WOW, what time did you order them??? My 4 coin plat proof set ordered the same day at 9:51 p.m. is still backordered :-(

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • NeoStarNeoStar Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭
    I have an order for 3 $25 Platinum Proofs as well that has gone to in stock and reserved. My cc has been hit as well:

Order Date: 12/08/2008 at 08:50 PM

We'll see if I get them or if it is one of those flukes at the mint...
  • coolestcoolest Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Would somebody explain to me how the figure for the 1/4oz total gets to be 5750? 4 coin sets = 3007 plus 4888 single 1/4oz coins adds up to be 7895 where I went to school. What is missing here ERIC or somebody!! >>

Would somebody explain to me how you can discuss totals when they are still for sale? Am I missing something? We are talking about Unc-W gold eagles?
  • coolestcoolest Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have an order for 3 $25 Platinum Proofs as well that has gone to in stock and reserved. My cc has been hit as well:

We'll see if I get them or if it is one of those flukes at the mint... >>

Good news!

I guess this mean that we will see the sales numbers go up by at least 3 or, sales figures = sales shipped + back orders

<< <i>I have an order for 3 $25 Platinum Proofs as well that has gone to in stock and reserved. My cc has been hit as well:

We'll see if I get them or if it is one of those flukes at the mint... >>

I'm one hour behind you . This give me hope.

<< <i>Would somebody explain to me how you can discuss totals when they are still for sale? Am I missing something? We are talking about Unc-W gold eagles? >>

We can do it because this is the internet, however I agree with you it is too early to say definitively what the final will be because none of the individual options are backorder.

However I think if the guesses are correct then these should be going backorder within the week so we should know soon enough. The longer it takes though the weaker the kings become.
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1/10th AGEs just went to B/O status -- repricing or sellout? None of the other options are following --
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    UHR up to $1289.
  • fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    You'll get the plats. I got 4 boxes of them yesterday, and they're all beauties. image
  • youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thoughts anyone:

The quarter ounce proof sold out at 100% of production limit while the 4 coin proof set sold out at 37%.

If the questionable blank availability was in play, the quarter blanks were/are abundant in that the proof quarters sold out at 100%.
    That in mind, as the proof tenths sold out at 46% of production limit, so too, in a perfect world should the tenth uncs sell out
    at about the same percentage, possibly lowest mintage? >>

UPDATE: Tenths about to go dark !!!!
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2008 W $5 1/10 ounce are toast.
  • GritsManGritsMan Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭
    Called yesterday to inquire about a $10 unc AGE I returned Dec. 24th. They had finally gotten around to it and were just refunding me, telling me that the coins were all gone. I politely informed them that the website still showed them. "Well what do you know?" was my response. So looks like I WILL get a replacement, but things appear to be massively gunked up at the Mint.
    Winner of the Coveted Devil Award June 8th, 2010

<< <i>You'll get the plats. I got 4 boxes of them yesterday, and they're all beauties. image >>

Which post are you responding to? CONGRATS!!
  • This is funny - it's like the Mint heard me thinking about cancelling the order for the Prosperity Set. As of this afternoon, it says "in stock and reserved", order is "in process", and the "cancel" box has disappeared. There's also no longer any mention of it being back-ordered.

I guess I'm not cancelling this one!

So I take it with these latest stats and the unc w plats not changing yet again everyone agrees the 2006 w unc are kings. No more talk of 1000 coin drops.image
  • DCWDCW Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image

So I take it with these latest stats and the unc w plats not changing yet again everyone agrees the 2006 w unc are kings. No more talk of 1000 coin drops.image >>

Yea, Im sure it ends HERE. Stir the pot!

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• What was the average drop from the last weekly sales report for the 2007-w gold to the recently posted final finals for them?

And if you look into that question and find the answer you might not be as quick to taunt 7/8.

• ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>image

So I take it with these latest stats and the unc w plats not changing yet again everyone agrees the 2006 w unc are kings. No more talk of 1000 coin drops.image >>

Yea, Im sure it ends HERE. Stir the pot! >>

Yea, change is coming.......hmmmm, where have we heard that beforeimage
  • What does the asterick (*) next to some of the sales numbers mean?
    Does anybody known for certain (rather than a guess)?
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    The asterik means "no longer available"

And for our other friends who continue to post scripture pages, for those who worship the erroneous USM sales reports......

There are quite a few people who don't agree with those numbers, but for you, all those little people in your head speaking to you constantly must agree....

The numbers aren't final until we have mintage numbers!!!!!!

<< <i>What was the average drop from the last weekly sales report for the 2007-w gold to the recently posted final finals for them? >>

I think the question is since when did we compare gold mintages to platinum mintages? It seems the higher the mintage the larger chance of a possible larger error, so it may not be an accurate comparison.

If we want to compare, perhaps compare to the 2007 w unc platinum coins instead of the gold coins.
    The "W" unc. Gold Eagles look to have the same sales totals as the previous week. Interesting since several denominations are still on sale.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file