Home Sports Talk
Options

2007 NY YANKEES run at the WORLD SERIES :)

Comments

• Options
    the thing that scares me most is it looks like Big Papi is finally starting to awake from his season long slumber, and if that happens, its wild card all the way for us. That is one man who can pile that whole stinking ship on his back and lumber them off to the promised land.
  • Options
    Funny to see the 'fans' out in force after winning 3 from the sox...too bad the yanks are still FIVE out!
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,468 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>the thing that scares me most is it looks like Big Papi is finally starting to awake from his season long slumber, and if that happens, its wild card all the way for us. That is one man who can pile that whole stinking ship on his back and lumber them off to the promised land. >>

all that is true, but I don't think Papi does well (stinking ship on the back well) unless he has Manny hitting behind him.
  • Options
    bad day yesterday, but you knew they'd be drained after the big sweep (at least everyone else lost).
    good win today, Mr. Kennedy ........ kennedy looked very nice today.
    Although Arod dropped an easy pop fly, i wonder if someone was yelling at him during that play
  • Options
    Funny to see the biggest bandwagon rider gfb posting after yet another win, despite being absent after yet another loss.

• Options

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    I don't know where we were this series, but we can not possibly win the east if we're going to lose a series to Tampa. It doesn't matter how hot they've been.

Oh well at least we're playing a really really cold team next image.
  • Options

<< <i>Funny to see the biggest bandwagon rider gfb posting after yet another win, despite being absent after yet another loss. >>

my bad, i don't live in the forums in my mommies basement like you do. Tough loss today, dang those rays. But the true goodness starts tomorrow, bring on the M's.

and ax, still no word on that bet yet huh? All bark and no bite I guess.
  • Options

<< <i>Funny to see the biggest bandwagon rider gfb posting after yet another win, despite being absent after yet another loss. >>

look at the post right on top of yours (this one), are you that dumb?
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Three big games coming up against the Mariners - lookin' good for the Yankees to make the playoffs, if not win the division.
    Capecards
  • Options
    Losers of 2/3 to the 'mighty' D'rays, the worst team in all of baseball?

Despite a 9 game slide by the M's, the yanks are only 2 games up in the wild card?

All of this despite a $200 million payroll?

• Options
    A really bad game today, guys. We gave new life to a Wild Card rival that was completely demoralized.
  • Options
    Thanks for letting us end our 9 game slide! Clemens looked awful (again) and Ichiro got to 200 hits (again)!

1 game back despite going 1-10 in our last 10...I love it!
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    How's that Clemens signing working out, by the way?
  • Options

<< <i>How's that Clemens signing working out, by the way? >>

28 million for a .500 pitcher with a 4.45 ERA sounds like a bargain!
  • Options

28 million for a .500 pitcher with a 4.45 ERA sounds like a bargain! >>

Just lunch money for the Yankees.
    Capecards
  • Options
    Considering the performance they got for it, they should talk to the chef of that lunch - they got hosed on the deal.
  • Options

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Okay - here's a serious question, what happened to this Hughes kid? He was supposed to be the second coming of Cy Young himself (according to all the NY media hype of course), but he doesn't seem to be pitching very well. I haven't seen him pitch, but it seems like he's getting lit up every start, not as bad as Mussina was, but nowhere near the pitcher he was made out to be. Is he another Brien Taylor-type Yankee bust?
  • Options

<<How's that Clemens signing working out, by the way?>>

I have been on record from day 1 when they signed Clemens as that being a stupid move. I was pleased that the Yankee had been going with some youth so it really p1ssed me off when they signed Clemens for $19 Million for 4 months.

By the way, what's up with your Dice-K deal. You guys pay $50 Million additional just for the right to him, and he barely has a 14-11 record with a 4.11 ERA. He gave up 7 freaking runs tonight and you guys almost lost a laugher. If I was a Sox fan I would not be too happy with that acquisition.

• Options
    seated-

I'll post where I want, just like your cronies posting in the M's thread.

Dice K is a ROOKIE, remember, and is doing quite well...had a few bad starts but overall doing well...and I'd rather have him as a starter than any one of the yankee starters....how's Mussina and his $13 million annual salary working out for you?
  • Options

<< <i>
    Dice K is a ROOKIE, remember, and is doing quite well...had a few bad starts but overall doing well >>

and Hughes isn't a rookie? and wasn't he injured after a good start? god you're an idiot

you've got diarrhea of the mouth, the crap that spews out of it. How's the $15.5 million for Richie Sexson working out??
  • Options
    Who was talking about Hughes? Good lord calm down...I was saying that spending $28 million for half a year of mediocrity of Clemens was a terrible signing.

And $15.5 million for Sexson? He had a bad year but was fantastic last year...players apparently aren't able to have bad years. How's that $100 million for juicer Giambi working out? What about the $23 million left for mop up man Mussina? How about the $40 million you paid out to Carl Pavano? and what about Kei Igawa, the desperate yankee signing to keep up with the Sox and their Dice K deal? How are those deals working out for you?
  • Options
    i also just got out of a mega marathon D&D tourney, so i haven't had time to post ( i know mom, i'll pick up my clothes after the game). Big letdown yesterday, hopefully Wang rights the ship tonight against Ramirez.

I know, I know, according to the troll, i only post when the yankees win, so i'll be posting again tomorrow image
  • Options
    Yanks winning big tonight behind Wang.

How about A-Rod - this guy is unbelievable. Another HR tonight, needs one more to tie Mel Ott, two more to tie McCovey and Ernie Banks.

Yanks look like the best second place team to me at the moment - still have a shot to catch the Sox, but running out of time.
    Capecards
  • Options
    Good win! 20 hits, and Wang shuts them down. The squirrel came out tonight so the outcome was never in doubt.

• Options
    Wow the yankee lovers sure like to post after a win don't they! And sure are quiet after a loss!!!
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow the yankee lovers sure like to post after a win don't they! And sure are quiet after a loss!!! >>

Heh, we will see what happens after Hughes gets lit up tomorrow night.
  • Options

<< <i>Wow the yankee lovers sure like to post after a win don't they! And sure are quiet after a loss!!! >>

Dummy, I posted all over the place after they lost last night. How soon they forget when they don't take their meds.
  • Options
    Suuure you did...don't worry, you aren't the only yankee 'fan' who turns tail and hides after a loss...softy was really the only one among you who'd stand and post after a loss...the rest of ya are bums.
  • Options
    Stupid, go check the posts if you like.
  • Options
    imageThe Joba (0.00 ERA) scores his first major league win!!
  • Options

<< <i>

Heh, we will see what happens after Hughes gets lit up tomorrow night. >>

open mouth, insert foot image
  • Options
    nice smackdown last night, looks like the sleeping giant of the past couple of weeks is finally awakening, lets hope we don't overlook K.C. coming up.
  • Options
    To the FOOL who said that Arod only carried the Yanks in April, will you please shut up now?

Arod is the primary and overwhelming reason the yanks are even contending, let alone in first in the wild card. Don't forget, the yanks are still 6 out in the divison. If the yanks had shown some starting pitching this year, they'd be in first in the east.
  • Options

<< <i>To the FOOL who said that Arod only carried the Yanks in April, will you please shut up now?

Arod is the primary and overwhelming reason the yanks are even contending, let alone in first in the wild card. Don't forget, the yanks are still 6 out in the divison. If the yanks had shown some starting pitching this year, they'd be in first in the east. >>

You don't know what the hell you are talking about. There are 9 men playing the game everynight, not 1. You don't watch the Yankee games, and watching an occasional ESPN highlight doesn't make you an expert on the Yankees.

If the M's didn't go 1-11 they'd be 3 games up instead of 3 games down in the WC image
  • Options
    I don't have to watch the game every night to know that Arod's been the driving force behind the yankee's success this year. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know thing one about baseball. Likely that the yanks would be a sub .500 team without Arod having the year he's having this year. To say otherwise is as ignorant a statement as ever has been made.
  • Options

<< <i>Likely that the yanks would be a sub .500 team without Arod having the year he's having this year. >>

Right, he has won 18-20 games single handedly. image
  • Options

<< <i>Likely that the yanks would be a sub .500 team without Arod having the year he's having this year. To say otherwise is as ignorant a statement as ever has been made. >>

I'm neutral in this argument but without Arod the Yankees are not even close to being in the playoff hunt.
  • Options

<< <i>
    Right, he has won 18-20 games single handedly. image >>

Don't think anyone said 'single handedly', but yes, if you were to take an average 3rd baseman and replace Arod with him, you'd lose 15-20 games.

Why is it so difficult for you to accept that Arod's a once in a lifetime player AND HE'S ON YOUR TEAM! It's mind-boggling that instead of embracing him you want to say 'nah he only helped us in April'. Absolutely unbelievable.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I gotta agree the ax on this one, take A-Rod off that team and replace him with an average player and you are in trouble this year. It doesn't matter when he helped the team it only matters that he has contributed to alot of wins this year.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options

<< <i>you want to say 'nah he only helped us in April' >>

I never said that you friggin liar.
  • Options

<< <i>
    I never said that you friggin liar. >>

Oh really?

<< <i>Hey ignorant Yankee hater, Arod carried the team in April and that's all.

Ichiro? MVP if Seattle is in? >>

From this thread?

I expect an apology for calling me a 'friggin liar' and you to retract that you didn't say Arod only carried the team in April.

• Options
    I said "and that's all" (regarding carrying the team). I've already acknowledged he has played great since then, but so have so many other members of the team.
  • Options
    gem-

you have no idea what you say from one thread to the next do ya?

You said 'he only carried the team in april', then when I called you out on that, you called me a liar, then you said he's played great since then?

Jesus christ get your arguments in line...you don't even know what you're saying anymore do you?
  • Options
    Go to the MVP thread, Wednesday evening, and here is my exact quote:

<< <i>Arod carried the team in April. Every Yankee fan will tell you that. Since then he has done a great job, but carry us? >>

Apologize for what? image
  • Options
    You said 'he carried us in April and that's all'

You said it.

It's there.

You, sir, are the 'friggin liar'.

• Options
    If you don't understand by reading the above quote which I posted then there is no helping you. He carried the team in the month of April ONLY. In my opinion he has not carried the team in any other month. He has played great since. I can't make it any more clear.
  • Options

<< <i>If you don't understand by reading the above quote which I posted then there is no helping you. He carried the team in the month of April ONLY. In my opinion he has not carried the team in any other month. He has played great since. I can't make it any more clear. >>

Then why did you say 'you're a friggen liar' when I posted that? I said you said that Arod only carried the team in April, you called me a liar. APOLOGIZE and move on.
  • Options
    Because I never said that he ONLY helped us in April. You incorrectly read it that way. I said that is the only month in my opinion that he carried us. If you're going to read the words "and that's all" as meaning that he hasn't done anything else for the team since April then you're mistaken. It's meaning was as far as "carrying the team" goes. If that wasn't clear for you then I don't see how it's possible you were still confused when I directly said that he has been great since then.