Home Sports Talk
Options

2007 NY YANKEES run at the WORLD SERIES :)

Comments

• Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    Think you guys will win one this week out in Anaheim?
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    Yes. Yankees will take 2 out of 3 in Annaheim.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options

<< <i>Yes. Yankees will take 2 out of 3 in Annaheim. >>

I'd sign up for that right now. We always have problems with them, and they're incredibly good at their home this year.
  • Options

<< <i>I think the Yankees will end up with the best record in all of baseball. >>

hahahahaha

thank you, I needed a laugh today.

There are currently 5 teams ahead of them, and the yankees have had to play out of their minds to get where they are now...no way they continue at that pace and that 5 teams will win fewer games than the yanks do down the stretch.

Arizona, however, could do it. They are absolutely stacked and are playing the league's best ball.
  • Options
    <<thank you, I needed a laugh today>>

I am glad I made your day. From reading others posts in this forum I think that you can use one every day.

<<no way they continue at that pace and that 5 teams will win fewer games than the yanks do down the stretch.>>

The Yankees are a measly 4 games away from the best record in baseball. You will see and eat crow at the end of the season. The Yankees are starting to remind me of the 2002 Angels when they bought up K-Rod (Joba in the Yankees case) in August 2002 and barely got him on the post season roster. The rest is history.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    Yankees don't have enough young arms to get to October. Somebody the Yanks depend on will break down before then

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options

<< <i>
    The Yankees are a measly 4 games away from the best record in baseball. You will see and eat crow at the end of the season. The Yankees are starting to remind me of the 2002 Angels when they bought up K-Rod (Joba in the Yankees case) in August 2002 and barely got him on the post season roster. The rest is history. >>

It's not so much as the 4 games, but FIVE teams ahead of them...no chance they get the best record in baseball, and their hopes of making the playoffs continue to diminish. No matter how much ESPN and MLB wants the yanks in the postseason, I just don't see it happening this year.
  • Options
    It must be very disheartening for a Yankee Hater to see the lead in the AL East go from 14 1/2 to 4 games with a week before the Red Sox come to town.

We are 5 games away from the Yankees having the very best record in all of baseball and the Yankee Haters changing the subject from "the Yankees aren't going to make the playoffs" to "with all the money the Yankees spend they are expected to win the World Series"

• Options

<< <i>It must be very disheartening for a Yankee Hater to see the lead in the AL East go from 14 1/2 to 4 games with a week before the Red Sox come to town. >>

Nobody realistically thought that the yanks were that good or that Boston would play that well all year. It must be very disheartening to have played .800 ball after the all star break and *still* be 4 games out.

<< <i>We are 5 games away from the Yankees having the very best record in all of baseball and the Yankee Haters changing the subject from "the Yankees aren't going to make the playoffs" to "with all the money the Yankees spend they are expected to win the World Series" >>

Who said anything about the money? But now that you mention it, with a $70 million or so gap between them and the #2 team, *shouldn't* they have the best record in the bigs?
  • Options
    <<We are 5 games away from the Yankees having the very best record in all of baseball and the Yankee Haters >>

Re-read my post. I was not specifically referring to you unless you are more than one Yankee Hater.

• Options
    BAM!! Another big shot by A-Rod!! Gotta love it, no doubt about him being clutch this year!
  • Options
    Heh how funny Arod gets all the love this year from the same exact fans who were calling for his head last year.

• Options
    Tough loss. Exciting game though.

• Options
    Arod gives the Yanks the lead and they can't even close? Thanks for nothin Yankees!
  • Options
    1 down, 2 to go.

Escobar tonight for the Halos, followed by Lackey tomorrow.

A sweep is in the air!

• Options

<< <i><<Arod gives the Yanks the lead and they can't even close? Thanks for nothin Yankees!>>

Your posts are getting more idiotic by the moment. >>

And your posts continue to be inflammatory.

• Options

<< <i>Normally, I would feel some sense of shame but in your case, I have no problems with that. >>

Just shows how hypocritical my vocal opponents truly are.

Now, let's see if the yanks can remember how to win a couple games and get Seattle tied for first after the next 2 games.
  • Options
    "hy·poc·ri·sy
    –noun, plural -sies.
    1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess"

By railing against my behavior, and then exhibiting the same exact posting behavior you claim to abhor, you are literally defining the word hypocrisy.

Well looks like the yanks failed to show up again tonight, guess I'll have to be happy with a 2.5 game lead in the wild card and 2 games back in the West.

• Options
    A good old fashion beating by the Halos. 18 runs.........

2 down 1 to go to complete the sweep........

• Options
    <<A good old fashion beating by the Halos. 18 runs.........2 down 1 to go to complete the sweep........>>

Yes, a beating last night but tonight was a different story. Pettitte thoroughly out dueled Lackay (both who happen to be on my Fantasy Baseball team) and the Yankees did some butt kicking themselves. This game will send a message to the Halos for the post-season. This series could have easily gone the Yankees' way with a few different bounces on Monday night.

• Options
    Yankees sneak away with one game to avoid the sweep. I think this sends a message to the Yankees that they have to play there A+++ game if there going to hang with the halos.

• Options
    Funny to see this thread devoid of activity until the yanks win a game. And the game sent a message to the Halos? Yeah, the messages is 'we can't win a series from you'.

• Options

<< <i>Funny to see this thread devoid of activity until the yanks win a game. And the game sent a message to the Halos? Yeah, the messages is 'we can't win a series from you'. >>

Axtroll, I wasn't aware that you or Treetop were Yankee fans because you two are the only ones posting following the win. No we don't have fun with the Angels, but we can beat the chit out of your team.
  • Options
    Hey G, I'll be back next time the Angels and Yankees play!

Until then!

• Options

<< <i>Funny to see this thread devoid of activity until the yanks win a game. And the game sent a message to the Halos? Yeah, the messages is 'we can't win a series from you'. >>

Still waiting to see when you will start your own "2007 Mariners run at the World Series" Post so you can enlighten everyone with your M's knowledge and wisdom.

By continuing to come to this forum and trying to inflame/egg on/incite you show why you were banned so many times AND why nobody wants you around.
  • Options

<< <i>Hey G, I'll be back next time the Angels and Yankees play!

Until then! >>

Treetop, you're welcome anytime. Axtroll needs an invite.
  • Options
    Very tough loss for the Yankees. Sean Penn should go back to acting. Actually he pitched pretty good up until the walk off Homer. Tomorrow is another day. Let's get this thing back to 4 1/2 or 5 /12 games before the big series with the Red Sox.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugly day yesterday guys....
  • Options
    Just woke up to it image
  • Options
    just to let folks know, we still post even when we are down. Ugly last few days, and the white sox are acting like the black sox. Have they just rolled over or what? Here's to hoping things get back on track today with detroit, because 3 HUGE games start tues.
  • Options
    Just stopping in to say hello, and let you know I respect you for your above post.
  • Options
    Actually I feel that this thread has lost its allure since Softparade's exit. I'd rather post in the Red Sox thread now, and I have been.
  • Options
    What an Arse Whipping!

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Maybe time to put Joba in the Starting Rotation.

• Options
    Are the Tigers going after the Texas Rangers' 30 Run record? Seems so. LOL

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    What the heck happened over there? image
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    That sound you heard was the Yankees being dragged to the woodshed. Wow. They've been on the wrong end of an unusual amount of drubbings, it seems.

Still, they have a lot of home games ahead of them, and then three at KC (which is almost as good as being at home). Seattle has a rather tough schedule in the days to come. At this point, it's Seattle, not Boston, the Yanks need to concern themselves with. Sure, it's possible for the Sox to perform another 1978 fold, but it looks like they threatened that a few weeks ago and rebounded. So it's more likely they have to take the wild card from Seattle.
  • Options

<< <i>What the heck happened over there? image >>

It's called Mussina putting up a miserable 7+ ERA this month, and the bullpen showing the strain the starting pitching has put on them finally showing through.

• Options
    Wow. Worst on the road shut out ever. The past week & a half we've been slippin'...hope we're able to make up that lost ground against Boston begining tonight.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow. Worst on the road shut out ever. The past week & a half we've been slippin'...hope we're able to make up that lost ground against Boston begining tonight. >>

ummm let's hope NOT, almost nothing would make me happier than to see Boston win some 17-0 games vs the Yanks.
  • Options

<< <i>Actually I feel that this thread has lost its allure since Softparade's exit. I'd rather post in the Red Sox thread now, and I have been. >>

Agreed! It does not have nearly as much appeal to me anymore either, its too bad but I respect Dan for his actions.
  • Options
    Pettitte versus Dice-K, although the sox have a lot more breathing room than just a week ago (thanks to some horrible play lately, and our nemesis's the Halos, and a suddenly resurgent Tigers team), this should be epic tonight.

Lets go yanks!
  • Options
    nice one yesterday, lets do it again tonight!

joba's stuff is NNNNNNAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
  • Options
    A-Rod, we thank you for an insurance run. Funny thing is I was hoping for a low scoring game since Josh Beckett is on my Fantasy Baseball Team and I am near the top in ERA but 4 runs ain't that bad. I would rather have Beckett give up 30 runs than the Yankees lose.

• Options
    Good win! image

Note to Yankees: The Farnsworth 8th inning experiment has failed again. Now haven't we learned our lesson yet?
  • Options
    <<Note to Yankees: The Farnsworth 8th inning experiment has failed again. Now haven't we learned our lesson yet?>>

Well, not really.

He made a nail biter at the end. Other than the 2 Run Homer he is pitching very good as of late.

• Options

<< <i><<Note to Yankees: The Farnsworth 8th inning experiment has failed again. Now haven't we learned our lesson yet?>>

Well, not really.

He made a nail biter at the end. Other than the 2 Run Homer he is pitching very good as of late. >>

Yes, but not in the 8th inning. He was getting creamed all year in the 8th, and when they finally "demoted" him to the 5th, 6th, and 7th inning he was lights out. They felt a lot better with him so they finally try him in the 8th again, and whammo!
  • Options
    thats true, he was a changed man pitching wise in the middle innings, but it seems like he gives up big hit after big hit in the 8th. Whats really frustrating is that his stuff is SICK at times. That heater he throws buckles the knees. He does at times look like he doesn't really want to be out there pitching, like he's thinking in the back of his mind that he could be out cutting grass or something.
  • Options

<< <i>thats true, he was a changed man pitching wise in the middle innings, but it seems like he gives up big hit after big hit in the 8th. Whats really frustrating is that his stuff is SICK at times. That heater he throws buckles the knees. He does at times look like he doesn't really want to be out there pitching, like he's thinking in the back of his mind that he could be out cutting grass or something. >>

Exactly. The 8th inning is a different animal than the middle innings. He can't handle the 8th. It's a failed experiment, and if Torre doesn't get that through his head, Farnsworth is going to cost us big ball games. When we have the lead or it's really tight it must be Joba or Vizcaino in the 8th.
  • Options
    sweepage

bring on the rays
  • Options
    Good for you guys, my team deserves as much crap as you can throw at us.