Home Sports Talk
Options

2007 NY YANKEES run at the WORLD SERIES :)

1212223242527»

Comments

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Uh, what?

I always think your Yankee posts are great, and coming from the perspective of a real fan. But I must respectfully call bullsh*t on the above statement.

It won't mean a thing, because we didn't play the sacred Yankees in the playoffs? Really? So, if we don't play the weakest team of all the teams that made the AL playoffs (that's reality) somehow our run won't mean as much? Cleveland is going to easily be the tougher team to beat - let's face it, they spanked you guys pretty good...and they tied the Sox for the most wins in the AL. Another Yankee-Sox series would of course have been fun, but obviously only one of those two teams deserves to be there this year. Once again, the world does not revolve around the Yankees being in everything, and this year...they are not. And I honestly, as a Red Sox fan, could care less.

No disrespect to Cleveland? They beat you, and they still aren't as worthy as the Yankees? No matter what you meant to say, that is how I read it. >>

Actually Jerry, I'll give you an appropriate response.

I had the assumption that Red Sox fans enjoyed the rivalry as happy and painful as they have been throughout the years. I guess that was my mistake. Again, I absolutely love the rivalry. I would be lying if I said that I didnt because whenever they play each other, I cant pull myself away from the television. I thought that Red Sox fans would have loved to have dueled it out with the Yanks. It appears not, eh? It's either total glory or total disdain. Like I said, that statement was totally from my perspective.

And yes, the Indians did spank the Yanks good. I dont at all disagree with that. It's a fact and now in the record books. Cleveland has a helluva team and they are going to be tough all the way through. And no, the world doesnt revolve around the Yankees...but did you forget you are talking to a Yankees fan? Am I NOT going to want the Yanks to win? LOL You of all with your ultra-pro support of the Red Sox no matter how ridiculous it may look to others.

Again, the Yanks/Red Sox playing in the ALDS is the mother of series...always has been and will be for a long time. Thats why they get the ratings they do!

Yes, the Indians are definately worthy. In fact, if they win it all I wouldnt be a bit surprised. I was just discounting the Indians IF they had not whipped the Yanks behind. I just think its a bigger feather in the cap when the Yanks and Red Sox play. Again, thats coming from my perspective. Im not trying to force my beliefs on anyone. Agree or disagree, its fine.

Hope that clears it up for you a bit. >>

Thank you - I appreciate that.

I also agree with you - a Yankees / Sox ALCS would be bigger than just about any World Series. But the fact that its not, doesn't diminish things one single iota...for me, or I'll venture to guess, any serious Sox fan. Don't forget, most of us have the same credo - "I root for 2 teams, Boston and whoever plays the Yankees". The rivalry is indeed big, and a lot of fun - but its like saying the Giants can't win a proper Super Bowl unless they beat the Eagles along the way.

But I get your point...and you can bet I'll be glued to the television next season when the Sox and Yanks square off again.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes there is nothing like a fierce ALCS against the Yanks, but the bottom line for me is that I wont lose any sleep over it. The Tribe will be tough but in all honesty I dont fear them like I would versus a series with the Yanks.... THERE I SAID IT!

Where is Dan with the Sox Icon?
  • Options
    Boba - that stuff about the Special Olympics - that's pretty cold.
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Jersey i agree, and fwiw I hope no one that reads these boards has a child like that.

Also I thik Thome has 507 homers

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    For some reason I want to keep this thread going.. image
  • Options

<< <i>For some reason I want to keep this thread going.. image >>

The Indian fans have been exceedingly respectful, all part of that team of destiny thing I mentioned in the other thread.
  • Options

<< <i>

The Indian fans have been exceedingly respectful, all part of that team of destiny thing I mentioned in the other thread. >>

Well I see no harm in a few barbs thrown at you guys, Im sure if you guys were still in it and we were not you people would be very compassionate. image
  • Options
    marinermariner Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Where is Dan with the Sox Icon? >>

I am pretty sure that you won't be seeing Dan back here on any CU forums anymore.
    Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    moderator had been Pm'd to lock this thread....no need to keep it going. Where is the damn eulogy so we can put a fork in this one image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

The Indian fans have been exceedingly respectful, all part of that team of destiny thing I mentioned in the other thread. >>

Well I see no harm in a few barbs thrown at you guys, Im sure if you guys were still in it and we were not you people would be very compassionate. image >>

Perk, barb away! I like the ribbing. I was only looking to make another destiny reference image.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Nice to see that we're getting some shots off on the mentally retarded.

If I put up some graphic that takes a poke at Matthew Shepard will it be OK with you if we all snort and giggle about that?
  • Options

<< <i>Nice to see that we're getting some shots off on the mentally retarded.

If I put up some graphic that takes a poke at Matthew Shepard will it be OK with you if we all snort and giggle about that? >>

bobafett is nothing if not classless...he could at least edit the post, take it down, and issue an apology.

• Options
    Really, get over yourself Axhole. When you apologize for your very existence and remove yourself from this board, i'll take down the pic.

P.S. I'm not arguing with you, 'cause that would be retarded image
  • Options

<< <i>Really, get over yourself Axhole. When you apologize for your very existence and remove yourself from this board, i'll take down the pic.

P.S. I'm not arguing with you, 'cause that would be retarded image >>

Good to see that *I* am the only one you responded to about this, dipchit.

Plenty of people are offended, and this is your arrogant response?

Classy move.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    who farted?????
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    silly indian fan going to Boston to play Red Sox.....imageimage
  • Options
    Guys just to remind you that there is still baseball on TV. image
  • Options

<< <i>Guys just to remind you that there is still baseball on TV. image >>

Oh I'm watching image

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Die thread DIE
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    GO TRIBE!!! image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Nice to see that we're getting some shots off on the mentally retarded.

If I put up some graphic that takes a poke at Matthew Shepard will it be OK with you if we all snort and giggle about that? >>

bobafett is nothing if not classless...he could at least edit the post, take it down, and issue an apology. >>

I'll second that, Bobafett You crossed the line you insensitive horses ass. I have a Down Syndrom Grandaughter, you have no idea the suffering the parents and grandparents go through with these kids. But I look at that dufus picture post of yours and consider the source. Your day will come.
  • Options
    Ax you must be rallying your alts.
  • Options
    <<Ax you must be rallying your alts. >>

No - these are not his alts. We just agree that postings like yours have no place on this board.
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options
    Ironically, I have gotten two emails asking me to remove it (despite finding it amusing), 1 email calling em the devil, but they were polite about it. 2 emails condeming me to hell and 5 emails who thought it was hilarious.

I wasnt going for hilarity, and nothing offends me, I was simply making a point. It's blunt, but its to the point.

If you don't like something, don't look. I have no disdain for the handicapped or the mentally retarded, I'm just not crippled by political correctness. Given the comments by axtroll it simply emboldens me more.

We all know folks who are mentally challenged or disable or have cancer or have AIDS. You want me to make a list? I have a cousin who was born with AIDS, should have died a long time ago. My neighbor for 30 years is mentally challenged, I work in an outpatient Oncology clinic. I have a niece who is paralyzed.

None of them feel sorry for themselves and they make fun of THEMSELVES because if you take things too seriously your going to die from stress.
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GO YANKEES, uhhhhhhh, wait a minute, never mind.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

<< <i>
    None of them feel sorry for themselves and they make fun of THEMSELVES because if you take things too seriously your going to die from stress. >>

If they want to make fun of themselves, more power to them. But for an insensitive jackass like you to make fun of them is out of line. For you to continue to sit there and deny you were wrong and say it was in good humor you posted it continues to show how ignorant you truly are.

'Rallying his alts'? Really? You think *I* was the only one offended by your ridiculous post, your insensitive poster?

Get real.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    None of them feel sorry for themselves and they make fun of THEMSELVES because if you take things too seriously your going to die from stress. >>

If they want to make fun of themselves, more power to them. But for an insensitive jackass like you to make fun of them is out of line. For you to continue to sit there and deny you were wrong and say it was in good humor you posted it continues to show how ignorant you truly are.

'Rallying his alts'? Really? You think *I* was the only one offended by your ridiculous post, your insensitive poster?

Get real. >>

Agreed the pic is in bad taste, but Ax YOU of all people should not be throwing stones at anyone, you are the most ignorant poster on CU.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Agreed the pic is in bad taste, but Ax YOU of all people should not be throwing stones at anyone, you are the most ignorant poster on CU. >>

And yet he has no problem calling other people retarded.

Hypocrite.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    QUIT ARGUING WITH HIM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oops sorry but I feel so much better now. image Heh reminds me of my family on Turkey Day. Someone or ones always leaved pissed. I just pop some soma and percocet b4 I head over. image And no none of um are for sale.
  • Options
    That seemed like it was written in drunkeniese.
  • Options
    seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.