Home Sports Talk
Options

2007 NY YANKEES run at the WORLD SERIES :)

Comments

• Options
    just one more strike
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    yankees go home

• Options
    uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • Options
    buh bye!!!!!

Get lost, yank-mes!
  • Options
    A very disappointing end to the Yankee's season, but I'm proud how they rallied back during the regular season when everyone counted them out. Their future does look bright though with all the new talent and particularly some of those arms, but there are going to be some big time changes starting with the manager. Get'em next year Yanks.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great season by you guys, I personally counted you out when we were 14+ up but you guys never went away..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Until now! WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭
    Well played Yankees, you battled and made us nervous until that final out.
    Looking forward to a great series against the Red Sox. We had to get by them
    in '48 to get to the series so we will try to repeat history.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    good luck sox with the indians,they are tough for a bunch of guys ya never hear about,very impressive
  • Options
    Hey guys, great run. It's been wonderful playing against you guys. I think if we would have played anyone else it wouldn't have been this exciting. You all did well and fought hard. I don't know what will happen with Torre, but I hope the best. Please pull for us when we face your arch-rival the Sox. Thanks guys!
  • Options

<< <i>Please pull for us when we face your arch-rival the Sox. >>

That's a given! image
  • Options
    I really felt for the young guys and it is the first time I actually had tears in my eyes after the Yankees lost because I felt bad for those young guys. There is a very bright future for the Yankees rising young stars. Yankee management is finally going with some youth.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    Guess its time to change the title of this thread hmm?
  • Options
    Yes it should have been retired on 9/6/07:

THE OFFICIAL 2007 Mariners Run For The Series - for Axtzen

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    " We had to get by them
    in '48 to get to the series so we will try to repeat history. "

good point! let's play like its 1948! woohoo....i mean Wahoo!.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    Cleveland Indians deserve congradulations! A very well played and well pitched series indeed.

Now, on the side of being a Yankees fan...WTF??? How can you own Cleveland 6-0 during the regular season and lose 3 of 4? Yikes! There are so many reasons why the Yanks should have won and maybe even more reasons why its no surprise why they lost. Oh well, just have to see what happens next year. 2008 is going to be interesting with all the young players and if ARod returns or not.

I have always liked Torre other than how he handles the bullpen. If Torre goes then it better be Girardi manning that ship! I have no desire to see Mattingly as the manager. Girardi is proven and I think he has a great clubhouse presence and motivation.

All you Bosox fans are cheering but you should have wanted your Sox to play the Yanks, especially if you wanted this season to be bonified. Cuz it wont mean a thing if they dont win the World Series now. At least meeting the Yanks in the ALDS would have been a kick a$$ series. No disrespect to the Cleveland Indians, of course.

Good luck Indians! I will be pulling for you the rest of the way through! Go kick that Red Sox tail!!!
  • Options
    Huh? The sox getting to the ALCS and, if they get past Cleveland to the world series, doesn't make it legit because they didn't beat the yankees on the way?

This just in, the Indians had a better regular season record than the Yankees, so if the Sox do get to the world series, they will have done so beating the #2 and #3 seeds on the way.
  • Options
    Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees lose. Love it! Arod to Minnesota!
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    Again your reading skills are sub 4th grader. Im not even going to discuss with you because you are worthless. Go play in traffic Axhole.
  • Options
    Steinbrenner has to follow through on his threat to fire Torre, otherwise, how will his moronic demands be listened to from now on?
  • Options

<< <i>All you Bosox fans are cheering but you should have wanted your Sox to play the Yanks, especially if you wanted this season to be bonified. Cuz it wont mean a thing if they dont win the World Series now. At least meeting the Yanks in the ALDS would have been a kick a$$ series. No disrespect to the Cleveland Indians, of course.
    ! >>

BS. I am sick of the Yankees, and glad to see them gone. And certainly, you cannot top 2004.

Besides, as you point out the, Indians are not banged up (and hence a better team) so beating the Indians will certainly be more "legit" than beating the Yankees and their burned-out pitching.
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    A nice run by the Yankees, but in the end, victims of excellent pitching, missed opportunities at the plate, and the randomness of a short 5 game series.

Nonetheless, I tip my hat to the Yankees for coming back the way they did during the season - that showed a lot of character. They remain an excellent team, and if they keep their key players, will be a force next year.

I hope they keep Joe Torre too - I know some people said he is not a great manager, but I think he is, and a very classy guy too.
    Capecards
  • Options
    Connecticoin, youre another one who is interpreting that I am saying that it would be more "legit". Where did I say that?

I cant believe I have to explain this...when I say bonified I mean that with the rivalry and the Yanks taking the season series over the Bosox, it would have been a much bigger feather in their cap if they could have beat the Yanks in the ALDS. The series would have been great. What better rivalry is there to watch? If you are sick of the Bosox and Yanks rivalry, how can you consider yourself a Sox fan? Maybe sour grapes over the many years but still holding on to that 2004 season? Top it or not and believe what you want to but its crazy to even think that it wouldnt have been one for the ages. The rivaly is one of the many things I love about being a Yankees fan...win or lose its the GREATEST!

And where did I say anything about the Indians being banged up? Where is this coming from? Unless you mean from someone elses post? Time to take your crazy pill? image

Now go get your butts handed to you by the Indians! Go Tribe!
  • Options
    Great all around effort this season after the miserable start.
    I still think letting up and getting comfortable after basically locking up the wild card changed the teams demeanor and swagger.

No swagger whatsoever from anyone on the team during that first round series, no one that you feared as an opposing fan. No unlikely role player stepping into the spotlight, and thats why the loss.

At this point, and it may be heresy, i'd like to see them miss the playoffs completely the next couple of years and get that hunger back, the lean years of the 80's and mid 90's made the success of the late 90's all the sweeter.

I mean look how Redsox fans still salivate over 1 series win in 100 years image

They need to get started on the youth movement sooner rather than later, look at the diamondbacks and rockies, how many 5-7 year guys on those teams?

Torre looks tired (and should be, just the media pressures alone make 1 season seem like 3 (like dog years managing) Joe G is a very good choice, but i don't think his personality will mesh with the Boss. I do believe that Donnie Baseball will be running the dugout next year, but it's the Yankees and like the Marines (? or army can't remember) every day is an adventure.

Congratulations on a great year, See you in the spring!
  • Options

<< <i>Connecticoin, youre another one who is interpreting that I am saying that it would be more "legit". Where did I say that?

I cant believe I have to explain this...when I say bonified I mean that with the rivalry and the Yanks taking the season series over the Bosox, it would have been a much bigger feather in their cap if they could have beat the Yanks in the ALDS. The series would have been great. What better rivalry is there to watch? If you are sick of the Bosox and Yanks rivalry, how can you consider yourself a Sox fan? Maybe sour grapes over the many years but still holding on to that 2004 season? Top it or not and believe what you want to but its crazy to even think that it wouldnt have been one for the ages. The rivaly is one of the many things I love about being a Yankees fan...win or lose its the GREATEST!

And where did I say anything about the Indians being banged up? Where is this coming from? Unless you mean from someone elses post? Time to take your crazy pill? image

Now go get your butts handed to you by the Indians! Go Tribe! >>

"Bonafide" and "Legit" sound about the same to me. image

Really, after endless annual hype, many Red Sox fans are tired of the rivalry, and welcome some "new blood" in the ALCS. The regular season series really was not that great, with the early games ruined by the Yanks playing like crap, and later games ruined by Red Sox injuries. And a sweep or 4-1 shellacking of a wounded Yankees team in the ALCS would not have been very satisfying.

Both the Red Sox and Indians are now fairy healthy, which should make for a good series.
  • Options

<< <i>Connecticoin, youre another one who is interpreting that I am saying that it would be more "legit". Where did I say that? >>

Perhaps you don't understand what the term 'bonafide' means?

"authentic; true"

<< <i>I cant believe I have to explain this...when I say bonified I mean that with the rivalry and the Yanks taking the season series over the Bosox, it would have been a much bigger feather in their cap if they could have beat the Yanks in the ALDS. The series would have been great. What better rivalry is there to watch? If you are sick of the Bosox and Yanks rivalry, how can you consider yourself a Sox fan? Maybe sour grapes over the many years but still holding on to that 2004 season? Top it or not and believe what you want to but its crazy to even think that it wouldnt have been one for the ages. The rivaly is one of the many things I love about being a Yankees fan...win or lose its the GREATEST! >>

Why would the red sox consider beating an old, broken down version of the yankees more of an accomplishment than beating a young, hungry, more talented, and better Indians team? Better yes, and they did win more games than the yankees. To say it's not a bonafide series win because they didn't beat the yankees on the way through? Wow, talk about arrogant! The yankees glory days are over bub. 4 straight playoff series losses means they are no longer the team to beat.

• Options
    Invariably
  • Options
    Ahh what's the matter yankeeno? Someone hurt your feelings?

• Options
    Again Axhole, you are a freaking idiot. Spin spin spin what I wrote. You dont get it BUB so go play with your ARod blow up doll.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>All you Bosox fans are cheering but you should have wanted your Sox to play the Yanks, especially if you wanted this season to be bonified. Cuz it wont mean a thing if they dont win the World Series now. At least meeting the Yanks in the ALDS would have been a kick a$$ series. No disrespect to the Cleveland Indians, of course. >>

Uh, what?

I always think your Yankee posts are great, and coming from the perspective of a real fan. But I must respectfully call bullsh*t on the above statement.

It won't mean a thing, because we didn't play the sacred Yankees in the playoffs? Really? So, if we don't play the weakest team of all the teams that made the AL playoffs (that's reality) somehow our run won't mean as much? Cleveland is going to easily be the tougher team to beat - let's face it, they spanked you guys pretty good...and they tied the Sox for the most wins in the AL. Another Yankee-Sox series would of course have been fun, but obviously only one of those two teams deserves to be there this year. Once again, the world does not revolve around the Yankees being in everything, and this year...they are not. And I honestly, as a Red Sox fan, could care less.

No disrespect to Cleveland? They beat you, and they still aren't as worthy as the Yankees? No matter what you meant to say, that is how I read it.
  • Options
    No Axhole..you're just a loser and have no desire to discuss anything with you because you are a tool in every discussion.
  • Options
    Read it as you will Jerry. I explained what I meant at a later post so continue on. It's only the way I see it from my perspective. Dont take such offense.
  • Options
    yankeeno-

you got called out on your moronic post, at least have the onions to stand behind what you said. You said that the red sox, if they win the world series, it won't be legit because they didn't beat the yankees on their way through. Three different people have interpreted it the same way! The fact you continue to sit there and try to deny it is unbelievable.

Nobody's taking offense, but we are laughing at your continued insistence that 'I didn't mean that!' when, in fact, you did.

That or you have no idea what 'bonafide' means.

• Options
    Axhole, does your ARod blow up doll have a hole in it? Go patch it up and get busy instead of your nearly 1600th post since June.

And Im not interested in defending every other word of what I post. Think it is moronic? Thats fine. Still just the way I see it.
  • Options

<< <i>Axhole, does your ARod blow up doll have a hole in it? Go patch it up and get busy instead of your nearly 1600th post since June. >>

How many times you going to use the schoolyard blow up doll 'insult'? Time for new material bub.

<< <i>And Im not interested in defending every other word of what I post. Think it is moronic? Thats fine. Still just the way I see it. >>

Nobody's asking you to defend every word, but to at least either say that you were wrong in saying the sox had to go through the yanks to be legit champions, or to accept and embrace it.

To do neither is chicken chit.
  • Options
    Like you saying Im chicken chit is going to get me going BUB! image

Sorry, I have seen enough of your spew to know what youre about and I dont fall in your traps. It frustrates you when I dont answer your attacks.

Does your ARod blow up doll still wear a Mariners uniform? Or is it an angry love and wears a Yankees uniform?
  • Options

<< <i>Like you saying Im chicken chit is going to get me going BUB! image >>

You replied, didn't you? Case closed.

<< <i>Sorry, I have seen enough of your spew to know what youre about and I dont fall in your traps. It frustrates you when I dont answer your attacks. >>

Who's frustrated? Apparently you...you're still talking!

<< <i>Does your ARod blow up doll still wear a Mariners uniform? Or is it an angry love and wears a Yankees uniform? >>

Oh my god your originality kills me!
  • Options
    Yes, baby Axy, you win!! CLAP CLAP CLAP!!! CLAPPY CLAPPY!!! MOMMY, COME CHANGE BRIAN'S STINKY DIAPIE!!!
  • Options
    haha and the hits keep on coming.

Now he's gone from saying I have an arod blow up doll to saying I wear a diaper.

Wow, the intelligence that spews from his mouth is awe-inspiring.
  • Options
    Im just trying to keep it on your level...but just for this afternoon.
  • Options
    I think the person saying another person has a blow up doll and has a diaper on is the one getting frustrated....

But then that would detract from their ridiculous previous post about the sox's world series run somehow being diminished because they didn't play the weakest team in the playoffs (the yankees), then not having the balls to stand behind that statement.
  • Options
    I said everything I meant to. No more, no less. Take it for what its worth. Im not going to fall into your crap Bri-Bri. So feel free to continue to post all you want about it. Now go tell your mommy that your diapie is full.
  • Options
    So then you are admitting that the sox, if they win the world series, won't have won a legit series because they didn't get through the yankees on their way.

Wow, talk about arrogance.

• Options
    Now youre getting it! image

About the arrogance that is....
  • Options
    Typical yanks fan, arrogant that is. Somehow thinking the yanks are superior to everyone else, when the 7 years would suggest otherwise!
  • Options
    CLAPPY CLAPPY CLAPPY!! Axhole at his keyboard!! YEEEAAAHH!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Uh, what?

I always think your Yankee posts are great, and coming from the perspective of a real fan. But I must respectfully call bullsh*t on the above statement.

It won't mean a thing, because we didn't play the sacred Yankees in the playoffs? Really? So, if we don't play the weakest team of all the teams that made the AL playoffs (that's reality) somehow our run won't mean as much? Cleveland is going to easily be the tougher team to beat - let's face it, they spanked you guys pretty good...and they tied the Sox for the most wins in the AL. Another Yankee-Sox series would of course have been fun, but obviously only one of those two teams deserves to be there this year. Once again, the world does not revolve around the Yankees being in everything, and this year...they are not. And I honestly, as a Red Sox fan, could care less.

No disrespect to Cleveland? They beat you, and they still aren't as worthy as the Yankees? No matter what you meant to say, that is how I read it. >>

Actually Jerry, I'll give you an appropriate response.

I had the assumption that Red Sox fans enjoyed the rivalry as happy and painful as they have been throughout the years. I guess that was my mistake. Again, I absolutely love the rivalry. I would be lying if I said that I didnt because whenever they play each other, I cant pull myself away from the television. I thought that Red Sox fans would have loved to have dueled it out with the Yanks. It appears not, eh? It's either total glory or total disdain. Like I said, that statement was totally from my perspective.

And yes, the Indians did spank the Yanks good. I dont at all disagree with that. It's a fact and now in the record books. Cleveland has a helluva team and they are going to be tough all the way through. And no, the world doesnt revolve around the Yankees...but did you forget you are talking to a Yankees fan? Am I NOT going to want the Yanks to win? LOL You of all with your ultra-pro support of the Red Sox no matter how ridiculous it may look to others.

Again, the Yanks/Red Sox playing in the ALDS is the mother of series...always has been and will be for a long time. Thats why they get the ratings they do!

Yes, the Indians are definately worthy. In fact, if they win it all I wouldnt be a bit surprised. I was just discounting the Indians IF they had not whipped the Yanks behind. I just think its a bigger feather in the cap when the Yanks and Red Sox play. Again, thats coming from my perspective. Im not trying to force my beliefs on anyone. Agree or disagree, its fine.

Hope that clears it up for you a bit.
  • Options

truer words have never been spoken.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Hey where did you get my pict at image
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set