Home Sports Talk
Options

2007 NY YANKEES run at the WORLD SERIES :)

Comments

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>thursday at 6:30pm, friday at 5:00pm, what in the world is TBS thinking?
    image >>

What does that mean?

TBS is thinking that the Yankees are not the prime-time attraction this year (seems like they think Red Sox / Angels is). Good call on their part, if you ask me. Sorry Yankee fans, the world does not always revolve around your team. >>

yeah right, everyone is chomping at the bit for that angels / redsox match up. Maybe in Mexifornia and Boston but thats about it. Bad Call on TBS's part

• Options
    Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭

<< <i>Go Tribe! image >>

Be careful what you wish for Perkdog.
  • Options
    The day is almost here!!! GO TRIBE!!!!
  • Options
    less than 2 hours to game time, Lets go YANKEES!!
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Will Alex Rodriguez's recent postseason slump continue?

Only in baseball do we ever ask this. These slumps can't happen in basketball or football. Michael Jordan never scored 30 points per game during the regular season, then 10 a game in the playoffs. Impossible. And yet A-Rod is hitless in his past 12 at-bats in the postseason and has six hits in his past 49 at-bats in the playoffs with one homer and three RBIs. But he is a different player and a different guy now. With his historic 2007 season, A-Rod has repaired his image with his team and the town. He has stopped trying to please everyone and just played like few ever have.

Just a bit of info from ESPN go TRIBE
  • Options
    first batter, 1-0 yanks
  • Options

<< <i>first batter, 1-0 yanks
    image >>

BWUHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA end of 1st 3-1 TRIBE

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>yeah right, everyone is chomping at the bit for that angels / redsox match up. Maybe in Mexifornia and Boston but thats about it. Bad Call on TBS's part >>

Mexifornia? Are you an idiot, ignorant, or both?

Racist, much?

You, sir, are a total and complete idiot.
  • Options

<< <i>first batter, 1-0 yanks
    image >>

Sure did disappear fast when the tribe went up 4-1!!!

Jeter sure is clutch, aint he? 2 runners on and no out and can't advance either runner? CLUTCH!

not.

• Options
    9-3 tribe!!!!!
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    What's that sound?

it's the sound of the yankee 'fans' scrambling under their beds to suck on their thumbs.

Wang, their supposed 'ace', gets absolutely HAMMERED.
  • Options
    ...booyeah!
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>Real baseball starts thursday!
    can't wait
    Wang opens in Cleveland, where's Wild Thing? >>

Hey I was wondering something...has the real baseball started yet? Just curious, thanks!

• Options
    Yuck it up Yankee haters. Have a good time. In fact have one on me image

Yeah we got thumped tonight, but the Yanks will win three straight image
  • Options
    For all their bluster about how they are here through thick and thin, yankee fans are still GHOSTS!
  • Options

<< <i>For all their bluster about how they are here through thick and thin, yankee fans are still GHOSTS! >>

Whatever you say, troll.
  • Options
    There's a few things that Torre did wrong this game, but the most glaring one that I just can't let slide is that with the Yanks down only 3? runs in the middle innings he brings in a guy with a total of 6 MLB innings under his belt. You know what happened next. WTF, I mean that guy was supposed to be the mop up man. Wasn't that why we had Hughes in the wings, for just that sort of situation?
  • Options

<< <i>Ax, just because YOU have nothing better to do than hang out here 24/7, don't assume that is the case for people with lives.

As for the Yanks, there's plenty of time left. >>

Fairness isn't in the troll's vocabulary. He can't even wait until the game is over to tell his Yankee Ghost Tales.

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yeah we got thumped tonight, but the Yanks will win three straight image >>

You'd better get three good starts, then. If the Indians chase the starter early and get to Yankee middle relief, it's trouble for the pinstripers.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Yeah we got thumped tonight, but the Yanks will win three straight image >>

You'd better get three good starts, then. If the Indians chase the starter early and get to Yankee middle relief, it's trouble for the pinstripers. >>

That's for dam sure, but that wasn't our regular middle guys in there. I really don't know what the hell Torre was thinking putting in a guy with 6 innings to his credit.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>There's a few things that Torre did wrong this game, but the most glaring one that I just can't let slide is that with the Yanks down only 3? runs in the middle innings he brings in a guy with a total of 6 MLB innings under his belt. You know what happened next. WTF, I mean that guy was supposed to be the mop up man. Wasn't that why we had Hughes in the wings, for just that sort of situation? >>

That's exactly what I thought also - seemed like a strange time to bring in a pitcher who has hardly any MLB experience. It was almost like he threw in the towel at that point, with a lot of baseball left to play.
  • Options
    Ouch. No worries, we'll get 'em tomorrow.
  • Options
    As a Tribe fan, I saw some poor decision making tonight. I mean, don't get me wrong, we've had our share too. But, what I thought was weird is why Torre didn't pull Wang (don't laugh) out earlier than he did? And why did he put that guy in next? Tomorrow night will definitely be a bigger game in my opinion. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm pulling for the Tribe, but the game lacked something tonight.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>yeah right, everyone is chomping at the bit for that angels / redsox match up. Maybe in Mexifornia and Boston but thats about it. Bad Call on TBS's part >>

Mexifornia? Are you an idiot, ignorant, or both?

Racist, much?

You, sir, are a total and complete idiot. >>

You are a complete and utter waste of spermatoza. Get Lost and stay lost

Considering the problem with illegal aliens in the great state of CA the title seems fitting. Or did that hit a nerve? Perhaps little Axey's mamacita made a run for the border?

• Options
    Now back to baseball, horrible spanking last night, but thats why they play 5 or 7 games and not just one. Sometimes things don't click or go your way. It got out of control really fast, Congrats to the tribe.
    Pettitte goes this afternoon, to steal a phrase its time for him to cowboy up
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    Hey, Nobody expected the Yankees to win lastnight against that baby huey looking lefty the Indians have. So no worries, right guys?
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options

<< <i>

Considering the problem with illegal aliens in the great state of CA the title seems fitting. Or did that hit a nerve? Perhaps little Axey's mamacita made a run for the border? >>

Uhm, no you f***ing moron, and wait, CA is the only state with illegal aliens?

Didn't hit a nerve, but it shows just how racist you are. Mexifornia?

• Options

<< <i>Now back to baseball, horrible spanking last night, but thats why they play 5 or 7 games and not just one. Sometimes things don't click or go your way. It got out of control really fast, Congrats to the tribe.
    Pettitte goes this afternoon, to steal a phrase its time for him to cowboy up >>

Uhm, they play FIVE games in the first round of playoffs, but then, seeing as how you are a new 'fan', and blindingly racist and ignorant, nobody should expect much from you.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Dude Ax typical overeaction, if you live in Arkansas or Texas you hear that all the time from the Mexicans! I have been to El Paso and believe me that doesn't bother them at all, they think it's funny in my experience.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options

<< <i>Hey, Nobody expected the Yankees to win lastnight against that baby huey looking lefty the Indians have. So no worries, right guys? >>

Seriously? No. I wasn't shocked that we lost. Disappointed? Of course. The Yanks have done poorly all season against lefties away from home, and we're typically flat with too much rest so the game wasn't in our favor from the start.

Of course there will be great concern if we lose today!! But I expect a hard fought victory today image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Considering the problem with illegal aliens in the great state of CA the title seems fitting. Or did that hit a nerve? Perhaps little Axey's mamacita made a run for the border? >>

Uhm, no you f***ing moron, and wait, CA is the only state with illegal aliens?

Didn't hit a nerve, but it shows just how racist you are. Mexifornia? >>

define racist and lets see what you come up with, then we can discuss if you are capable.

It looks like it hit a pretty raw exposed nerve from the looks of it,

and what exactly does stating a fact - that California is overrun with illegal aliens and most of them from guess where? MEXICO make it racist. No one ever said they were the only state with illegal aliens, just the one with the biggest problem.

its like shooting fish in a barrel with you, its SO easy
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Now back to baseball, horrible spanking last night, but thats why they play 5 or 7 games and not just one. Sometimes things don't click or go your way. It got out of control really fast, Congrats to the tribe.
    Pettitte goes this afternoon, to steal a phrase its time for him to cowboy up >>

Uhm, they play FIVE games in the first round of playoffs, but then, seeing as how you are a new 'fan', and blindingly racist and ignorant, nobody should expect much from you. >>

DUUUHHHHH, nobody specified first round of the playoffs, first round is 5, subsequent rounds are 7, you see in intelligent conversation or debate you can see the use of the OR between 5 and 7. However since you are so quick to open your mouth and put your foot in it (in addition to other things that should remain unspoken), you love to make a point where it doesn't exist.

There is a great reason your initials are B.S. that's exactly what you stand for and are made of.

Stay out of this thread you worthless troll, go back under your bridge and eat some goats. Better yet, stay out of this forum, EVERYONE HATES YOU, DESPISES YOU, AND COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT YOUR THOUGHTS,CONCERNS OR COMMENTS

GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

<< <i>Dude Ax typical overeaction, if you live in Arkansas or Texas you hear that all the time from the Mexicans! I have been to El Paso and believe me that doesn't bother them at all, they think it's funny in my experience. >>

exactly, and from the overreaction it looks like the guys he waits with in the home depot parking lot each morning have elected him their leader
  • Options
    Joba the hut with some PINPOINT control!
  • Options
    I've never seen anything like this in my life.
  • Options

<< <i>Joba the hut with some PINPOINT control! >>

bwahahaa

Looks like he ain't CLUTCH!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Joba the hut with some PINPOINT control! >>

bwahahaa

Looks like he ain't CLUTCH! >>

And in the postseason neither is Arod, not for three years anyway.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>And in the postseason neither is Arod, not for three years anyway. >>

I hope that continues. I don't want to see him in pinstripes next year.

Don't forget it took Bonds until the 2002 postseason to shake the "playoff choker" tag.
  • Options
    buh bye ny!!!
  • Options
    BASE HIT! TRAVIS HAFNER!
  • Options
    A Brutal loss. There's nothing else to say. We lost the battle of the bugs, and now we're up against it.

Of course I did say that we would win three straight, but I didn't say which three image
  • Options
    "I did say that we would win three straight, but I didn't say which three"

Well, you'll get your chance against Byrd and Westbrook. Byrd throws a lot of hittable balls and Westbrook is typically shaky early.

I so wanted Carmona to pitch the 10th! Pettite pitched very very well.

If the Indians didnt win, I think they would have had no shot at the series (given the wasted opportunities all game to get runs across)

They must be super pumped right now... AROD looked AWFUl.
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A brutal loss, I wouldn't count the Yanks out yet.

They are more than capable of winning 3 straight.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    What about Jeter? He's a combined 1-8! Arod at least got on base twice in game 1.
  • Options

<< <i>A brutal loss, I wouldn't count the Yanks out yet.

They are more than capable of winning 3 straight. >>

I agree. This is obviously bad, but they could easily win two at the Stadium and force a game 5. They've got to hit though, and right now their pitching is dominant. Hopefully BobaFett72 is right about their starters the next two game.
  • Options

<< <i>What about Jeter? He's a combined 1-8! Arod at least got on base twice in game 1. >>

Arod is hitless and is striking out and popping up to the infield with men on. He has his scared postseason look right on schedule.

Ax, I thought that you said that Arod carried the Yankees all season long. Why isn't Arod carrying us now? image
  • Options
    If you want to look at 2 games and see a streak of some sort, I'd tell you it's apparent you don't have an idea how to interpret stats.
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<Arod is hitless and is striking out and popping up to the infield with men on. He has his scared postseason look right on schedule. >>

Yanks going with Clemens Sunday, big game pitcher, against Westbrook, unpredictable.

Arod will come alive, c'mon, 54 homers, 150 ribbies, he's over due for a big game.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO