Home Sports Talk
Options

2007 NY YANKEES run at the WORLD SERIES :)

Comments

• Options
    ...yankeeno, while your pinching things.... how about my left nipple!

<wink>
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭

I only pinch right ones on weekends
  • Options
    Too bad you 'fans' aren't as fanatical about supporting your team as you with arguing with me.

Might make you guys worth talking to.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    Oh, I bet she is clappy clappy clappy!!! More exciting than Barney!!! Maybe the lady from Romper Room will say her name through the magic circle!!! She's giggling like a school girl now for sure!! Maybe mommy will bring some cookies and milk to the basement! I just hope mommy remembers to change that poopy diaper!
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Dan going away for the weekend is a good thing? He leaves and the Sox win and you guys lose a nailbiter....image
  • Options
    another nalbiter now underway!
  • Options
    Amazing offensive game tonight by both sides witht he Yanks the victors! image
  • Options
    Yankee Magic Number down to a mere 3 games for Post Season. Pack up your bags Marinateds and Tigers!!!! imageimage

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    yanks win = plenty of bandwagon 'fans' posting.
  • Options

<< <i>yanks win = plenty of bandwagon 'fans' posting. >>

(Yawn) You need new material.

Marinateds win = miracle
  • Options

<< <i>
    Marinateds win = miracle >>

So I guess we've seen 2 miracles in a row, wins over the first place Angels? Something the overpaid yankees couldn't pull off?

And 'Marinated'? How much of an idiot are you?
  • Options

<< <i>So I guess we've seen 2 miracles in a row, wins over the first place Angels? >>

Too little too late. That 3-15 run or whatever it was at crunchtime showed us what your Marinateds were really made of, nothing.
  • Options
    Huh?

I was simply pointing out the moronic statement that a M's win = miracle, then shoved it right back in your face.

Don't go away mad, clown, just go away.
  • Options

<< <i>Huh?

I was simply pointing out the moronic statement that a M's win = miracle, then shoved it right back in your face.

Don't go away mad, clown, just go away. >>

Dopey - it is a miracle after the appallingly bad run they had, and I wouldn't waste my time being mad at you. You're a clown, you're a joke. I find your limited mentality amusing image
  • Options

<< <i>As predicted all quiet on the yankee front following a loss....as usual. >>

and when exactly did you predict this occurrence Nostradamus????????
  • Options
    You know what's also funny is that Ax NEVER comments about the Red Sox fans mostly not showing up in their thread following a loss, and he never comments about them when they show up in force after a win.

Could it be that Axtroll's all emcompassing hatred for New York and nothing else has something to do with it? image
  • Options
    No it's because yankee 'fans' pride themselves on being there through thick and thin, but the proof's in the pudding when they are quiet after losses, were ghosts when the yanks stunk earlier in the year, then are the loudest most obnoxious in the good times.

Red Sox fans (for the most part) are a good bunch who can actually be reasoned with - unlike yankee fans trying to compare Jeter with Ted Williams or saying he has a shot at the all time hits record (both of which are ridiculous and absurd).
  • Options
    Bahston
    Sawks
    Cack

And Dice k swallows
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Bahston
    Sawks
    Cack

And Dice k swallows >>

Please come up with your own material junk box. It goes like this....Arod sux and Jeter swallows.
  • Options
    Ax, maybe you've forgotten something. This a frickin message board. The Yankee fans like the Boston fans watch nearly evey game. When we were down 14 1/2 games we still watched every game and it was painful, but that's part of the game. THAT is being there through thick and thin, not posting some dumb comment on a message board when they lose for you of all people to pick apart. When the Yanks or Boston lose a game there isn't a whole lot to be excited about enough for lengthy posts. Both sets of fans do this. My God, get a grip.

Where are you comments about Boston, a team with the second highest payroll crumbling from a 14+ game lead, or their fans who don't post after a loss, or post a lot following a win? The truth is that you're a one sided Yankee hater, nothing else. We all know what you are and what you're about. Don't delude yourself into thinking otherwise.
  • Options
    yankee fans are obnoxious spoiled brats...and the red sox still have the best records in all of baseball, so I wouldn't call that 'crumbling', more like the yankees looking like they earn that $200 million salary.

Still, to have record salary after record salary and not win a world series shows how inept your team management is.
  • Options
    You know that I'm 100% correct, and so does everyone else here. If the Yankees dropped from a 14 1/2 game lead to 1 1/2 games we all know exactly what you would be doing given your contempt for everything New York.

Man it is so easy owning you discussion after discussion after dicussion...
  • Options
    Not if the yankees had continued to play good ball (which the red sox have done you twit).

Why is this so difficult for you to comprehend? It's not like the sox have played terrible baseball. They still have the best record and (by far) the best run differential in the bigs. The yankees just stopped sucking and played winning ball.

Good lord you are annoying.
  • Options

<< <i>Why is this so difficult for you to comprehend? It's not like the sox have played terrible baseball. >>

I just acknowledged in the Sox thread that they've been the most consistent team all year, but don't think that anyone here would believe that you would be laying off the Yankees if the roles were reversed. You know, I know it, everyone knows it.
  • Options
    You just got done saying that the sox have 'crumbled' in this very thread not even an hour ago...now you're trying to backtrack?

Give me a break.
  • Options
    The Yankees announced that as of today, they have sold a franchise-record 4,262,761 tickets for the 2007 season, surpassing their previous paid-attendance record of 4,243,780 set in 2006.

Through the first 76 games played at Yankee Stadium this season, the Yankees lead the Major Leagues in total home attendance (4,000,924) and average home attendance (52,644), and have outdrawn the American League average by more than 21,000 fans per game. There have been 45 sellouts at Yankee Stadium thus far in 2007, including a stretch of 21 consecutive sellouts from 7/22-9/3.

This season marks the third consecutive year the Yankees have reached the four million mark in home attendance, joining the Toronto Blue Jays (1991-93) as the only other Major League team to accomplish the feat in three straight seasons. The Yankees have also seen their home attendance increase in each of the last seven seasons (2001-'07)

maybe this is why they can afford a bigger payroll than other teams? or is this just another case of "its not fair, the yankees just aren't fair"

WWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>You just got done saying that the sox have 'crumbled' in this very thread not even an hour ago...now you're trying to backtrack?

Give me a break. >>

They've been the most consistent team (go check the Boston thread, dope), but they blew a 14 1/2 game lead, not because they choked, but because the Yankees have played amazing.

The fact still remains that if the reverse happened you would be all over the Yankees no matter how well they played while losing the lead.
  • Options
    But they didn't 'blow' a 14.5 game lead....why is that so difficult for you to comprehend? To say as much implies that they've played poorly or that the lead shrinking is their fault- it's not.

• Options
    If the Yankees lost a 14 1/2 game lead you would have said they blew it. If the Yankees played .600 ball in the 2nd half and Red Sox played .750 and caught the Yanks you would go on endlessly about it being the greatest collapse in MLB history.

If I said to you, Ax they played great. It's just that Boston played phenomenal. Your response would have been that they Yanks cracked under the pressure. They didn't answer the call with their enlarged payroll, blah, blah, blah.

• Options

<< <i>But they didn't 'blow' a 14.5 game lead....why is that so difficult for you to comprehend? To say as much implies that they've played poorly or that the lead shrinking is their fault- it's not. >>

?????????????????????????????????

how in the heck is their blowing a 14.5 game lead not their fault?

the only time they lose a game in the standings is if they lose a game the same day the team behind them (the yankees in this case) WINS a game. Or if they lose a game and the team behind them doesn't play that day.

Please explain in your infinite wisdom how its not their fault? I'd love to hear this spin
  • Options
    Bottom line = there is no intellectual honesty with you. You're governed by an overwhelming contempt for the Yankees and their fans and have nothing else to show.
  • Options
    It's obvious you guys aren't going to get it.

The red sox have played very, very well all year.

The yankees absolutely SUCKED the beginning the year and have been very very good since.

Blowing a lead insinuates that the team has been terrible or choked - neither is true. The yankees have just played better over the past few months...'blowing' the lead is hardly an accurate description.
  • Options
    GFB, he doesn't understand that with the addition of the wild card you can actually be consistently good, make the playoffs, and still blow the division.
  • Options

<< <i>'blowing' the lead is hardly an accurate description. >>

Ask the Red Sox fans if they blew their lead. Keep in mind I never said they choked. No one chokes and makes the playoffs which they have.
  • Options
    Ax just wants to play these silly word games to take attention away from the gigantic hypocrisy that we see every day.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joba was dominating again today ..... wild card magic number down to 2 image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    picked up his first save also, rumor has it they want him to be a starter, but i like just having to play 7 innings image
  • Options
    Who has the second best record in the league Since A.S. break? What team has scored the 2nd most runs since the A.S. break? I think choke/collapse is fightin words...and I am NOT kidding image
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,468 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's obvious you guys aren't going to get it.

The red sox have played very, very well all year.

The yankees absolutely SUCKED the beginning the year and have been very very good since.

Blowing a lead insinuates that the team has been terrible or choked - neither is true. The yankees have just played better over the past few months...'blowing' the lead is hardly an accurate description. >>

I think the NYY and BRS have had "opposite" years. One team sucked early, was great late. The other did the opposite. It will all be a matter of shades of grey as to who sucked less when it counted for the division title.
  • Options
    It will all be a matter of shades of grey as to who sucked less when it counted for the division title.

imageimage

Not if the Yanks DONT make te playoffs!
  • Options
    /crickets

• Options

<< <i>/crickets >>

Geez ,sorry Troll. It was a day game, and I just got home. Like I said, go rag on Boston when they don't post. BTW I notice the Seattle thread is in the grave with no comments from their # 1 fan image
  • Options
    Gem,

We know he is a idiot. 10 minutes can't go buy after a loss and before we hear this crap. Yet fans of teams that are now in the playoffs who have not posted all year don't get a mention. And, this "fan" LOL of the Mariners was "OK" with them tanking their season in early September after puffing out his big chest about being 3 games up on the Yanks "going into September" Brian Shearon is indeed a TOOL. With improper upbringing I might add image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    So here it is *hours* after the yankee loss and the only 2 posts are reactions to mine.

Hilarious and predictable.
  • Options
    We are headed for a New York / Boston ALCS. image Can't wait

• Options

<< <i>So here it is *hours* after the yankee loss and the only 2 posts are reactions to mine.

Hilarious and predictable. >>

Actually what's truly hilarious and predictable is how consumed you are by it image
  • Options

<< <i>Gem,

We know he is a idiot. 10 minutes can't go buy after a loss and before we hear this crap. Yet fans of teams that are now in the playoffs who have not posted all year don't get a mention. And, this "fan" LOL of the Mariners was "OK" with them tanking their season in early September after puffing out his big chest about being 3 games up on the Yanks "going into September" Brian Shearon is indeed a TOOL. With improper upbringing I might add image >>

It's the Axtroll double standard. One set of troll rules for the Yankee fans and another set of rules for anyone else. I think that he secretly loves and admires the Yankees, and we just need to work on him some more.
  • Options
    So of 5 responses by so-called yankee 'fans' after a loss, 4 are direct responses to me.

You guys are so predictable.
  • Options
    I see the Seattle thread has been dead for many days now. I guess you've been too busy threatening board members with physical violence to have any time to post.
  • Options

<< <i>I see the Seattle thread has been dead for many days now. I guess you've been too busy threatening board members with physical violence to have any time to post. >>

No, been too busy having my parents' names drug through the mud by total and complete scumbags to post there. Thanks for noticing just one side of the story.