Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Cal Ripken Jr. Set Registry

Comments

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    By the way, Steve replied to my email about the 1985 Topps rack boxes, he said he has four boxes in stock.
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    I'll be down, and I'm sure Don will be too. Set it up and I'll jump onboard.
  • Options
    Just wanted to stop by and share the joy with you all. I fianlly picked up a new scanner and have been going thru all my cards rescanning and uploading to the registry as I go. I finally got all my new Ripkens up and cleaned up the old, bad scans. I have some good symetry going with it, I just have the first and last card left! Now onto the 82! Maybe that 01 will come along someday!
    Le Mieux Collection
    #19 All Time 500 Goal Scorers
    #41 All Time 3000 Strikeouts Club
    #25 Cal Ripken Jr. Basic Topps
    #4 Greg Maddux Basic Topps
    #7 Ryne Sandberg Basic Topps
    #1 Fank Thomas Rookies 100%
    #1 Chipper Jones Rookies 100%
  • Options
    Wow, you're just a hop, skip, and a jump away from having it 100% PSA 10! Nice! That 1985 Topps is my white whale!
  • Options
    The one thing that does bother me about 4SC is sometimes they sell you a card, but ship you a different card than what they show in the scan. I'm a pretty impatient person when it comes to adding cards to my registry. If the seller has a nice scan of the card, and I can read the cert number, I'll use the cert number in the scan, and sometimes even use the seller's image in my set. There have been several times now where I'll buy something from 4SC, add that cert number, and without checking it once it arrives, I just put it with the rest of my cards. I just got another notification that someone was trying to add a card that I had inside my set. I'm assuming this was a case of 4SC switching cards on me again. It's mostly my fault for not being patient, but they really shouldn't sell one card, but ship the other. Just venting...
  • Options
    tunahead08tunahead08 Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭
    When is the last time anyone has seen a 1998 Crusade Red Ripken for sale? Anyone know the prices for any that have sold?
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Looking to move this ripken...PM with interest.

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options

<< <i>Looking to move this ripken...PM with interest. >>

Oooo... I wish I had more $ to spend right now image
  • Options
    If anyone is interested in some of the PSA 10's in my Master Set, make me an offer, there's a few I won't part with, and I'm not interested in dumping them for cheap, so make offers reasonable image

And to bump my last post, anyone know the last few prices for 1998 Donruss Crusade Red Cal Ripkens?
  • Options
    I haven't seen any for sale, I think ever. Thought about chasing a few of those by buying some boxes, but came to my senses... image
  • Options

<< <i>I haven't seen any for sale, I think ever. Thought about chasing a few of those by buying some boxes, but came to my senses... image >>

What would you think would be a good price for one? A Griffey sold for $2100 a few months ago, but I think that was on the way high end of things, and Griffey collectors are way more nuts that Ripken collectors image
  • Options
    Anyone notice anything odd about these 2 auctions?

Auction 1

Auction 2
  • Options
    Because they're the same cert number? Must have bought it then sold it later I guess... unless that's not the strange thing about the two auctions.
  • Options
    Cert # is part of it, but both winners were kingrang. So someone either stole the scan or something else is going on.
  • Options
    Just getting back. I've been out of town for a bit. Anything good pop on Ebay recently?
  • Options
    Yes, there are currently TWO 1998 Topps 10s on the bay right now. One is a $125 BIN, and the other is an auction that ends Sunday. It's the only card I have my eyes on right now.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Should I be worried? I just bought this 1983 Topps PSA 10 for $30 Buy It Now. It has no photo and a very short description. I asked the seller for the cert number, and I won't send payment until I receive that. If it's all legit, I'll be pretty excited. >>

Sounds like you got a steal! Now if someone just lists a 1985 Topps PSA 10 like that image >>

That card turned out to be totally legit by the way. Nice!! image

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Should I be worried? I just bought this 1983 Topps PSA 10 for $30 Buy It Now. It has no photo and a very short description. I asked the seller for the cert number, and I won't send payment until I receive that. If it's all legit, I'll be pretty excited. >>

Sounds like you got a steal! Now if someone just lists a 1985 Topps PSA 10 like that image >>

That card turned out to be totally legit by the way. Nice!! image >>

Nice pick up! I remember my 83 was a similar case. I saw a very generic, non photo $40 BIN up one day so I grabbed it and crossed my fingers. The rest is history. If I remember it didn't even specify which 1983 Ripken it was. It just said in the title 1983 Cal Ripken PSA 10 and inside the description it added Topps to say: 1983 Topps Cal Ripken PSA 10
  • Options
    Nice card Jeff, but you need a new scanner image
  • Options
    Yeah I know man, I gotta get a scanner with a charge-coupled device (CCD) so it can get the depth of the slab. Drives me nuts. Of course, once I get that I'll have to rescan everything! image
  • Options
    And yay, I moved back into 8th spot on the Master Registry with all my PSA 9 additions image

I should have a couple nice 90's cards to post this week... 2 #'d to 100 and a nice shiny green one numbered to 250. Hoping to have it's nice shiny purple cousin soon too...
  • Options
    Ohhhhhhh Reallllllyyyyyy.... image

• Options
    Are those yours Jeff?
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭
    Looks like Big Alberts by the properties.
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options

<< <i>Are those yours Jeff? >>

Heck no! It's from that one guy from the other forum that you told us about. Pretty cards though, I've still never seen a Crusade card in person. Thought about grabbing one of the cheaper ones off the bay just to see it in person. image
  • Options
    I was trying to make a run for the purple and red but was a bit too late... found another lead on a purple though. The red will stay out of reach at this time... which is probably a good thing as it's freakin' expensive!!
  • Options
    So here's a dumb question, which box is the Ripken distributed in, or any Crusade for that matter? Donruss? Leaf? Are they also distributed in Leaf R&S?
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭
    100 card insert was in 1998 Donruss (40 cards), Leaf (30 cards) and Donruss Update (30 cards).
    I am guessing by Ripkens number that he was in Donruss?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    Yeah Ripken was in Donruss. If you are thinking about breaking boxes to pull one... I wouldn't... they're really, really, really hard to pull. You'd have more luck pulling the 1992 autographed Donruss I think.
  • Options
    Yeah, I agree. Just wondering out loud I guess. image
  • Options
    Thanks to Don my Master set is at 9%. I'm trying to focus on the older stuff first so that I don't lose my mind busting junk wax looking for garbage inserts. Regardless I already put the pics up on the registry.
  • Options
    Wow, you got a 1983 OPC PSA 10! Nyce... I had the chance to get one for $90 at the National, but I just didn't want to bite. I felt it was a tad too much for what I wanted to spend that day for it.
  • Options
    You're welcome Adam image

Enjoy the 83 OPC, it was the one I was really sad to see go.
  • Options

<< <i>You're welcome Adam image

Enjoy the 83 OPC, it was the one I was really sad to see go. >>

Like I said before, it really pained me to put that list together.
  • Options
    I think I'm gonna put a grand from my tax return aside to buy an 82 Traded PSA 10 when one comes up. I'm tired of dropping the money on raw ones just to have them come back as 9's
  • Options
    Just got an AWESOME birthday gift from my Dad! This will be the new centerpiece of my collection! Means even more to me because it was from my Dad.

WooHoo!! image

• Options
    Nice present Jeff!!
  • Options
    Thanks! I was even more thrilled to see the PSA/DNA tag! image
  • Options
    New pickups: 1999 UD View to a Thrill Triple /100, 1999 UD Choice Prime Choice Reserve /100, 1998 Donruss Crusade Green /250

• Options
    Ahhhhhh... nice greenie!
  • Options
    Apparently the View to a Thrill is the rare double DNA relic cat hair version
  • Options
    I have one of those too. Probably has a dog or cat hair that goes with it. lol
  • Options
    My White Whale is up on Ebay right now, so unfortunately I'm out of the market for Ripkens right now...
  • Options
    Hey there it is!! you've needed that card for a long time now!! Good luck Adam!!
  • Options
    Any body know what this set is and whether it is cataloged anywhere? I'm interested in getting the entire 5 card set graded as thick cards. There are 2 Gehrigs and 3 Ripkens.

It is a metal card and came in a tin. I think it will fit in the thick holders PSA uses for packs. If you know the answer, could you reply with the set name and guide book/page so I can pass that info on to PSA?

Here is the back:

Thanks,
    Kevin
    I collect PSA 10 Cal Ripken, Jr. cards.
  • Options
    1996 Metallic Impressions Iron Men of Baseball, in the 2010 SCD Catalog, Page 766.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>1996 Metallic Impressions Iron Men of Baseball, in the 2010 SCD Catalog, Page 766. >>

I remember those being sold thru the Avon Catalog
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Well a 1995 Studio PSA 10 appeared on the bay, but what's up with the slab? They put it in a slab they would use for 1952 Topps or something. Why would they do that?

Here's mine (blurry scan and all):

Looks like "ypsi72" is no dummy, he knows how hard it is to find this card in a 10 (Pop 2). I'm not bidding on it at $99.99. Especially not in that slab.
  • Options
    That is kind of bizarre. Wonder if it was just an error on PSA's part or what?
  • Options
    1300! image