Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Cal Ripken Jr. Set Registry

1383940414244»

Comments

• Options

That one was bought on eBay open auction at $6,100 on 3/12/14. That was in the peak of the hype and lowest graded in population then (there's a PSA 1 now). Was back on eBay at significant mark-up shortly thereafter (maybe 2-3x price a month later). It has been on eBay for over 3 years now, slightly lowering over time. His ask price now is a net loss after eBay fees considered, but buying the worst conditioned copy at a premium was a huge error on his part.

Personally, I think he'd be lucky to get $3k-$3500 for it in that grade in the current market. Of course the ironic part is that if that one sells, then nothing will be publicly available anymore, causing a drought and ramp up in prices again.

Cal Ripken Collector

Always looking for MINT graded items, 90s inserts and random memorabilia.
  • Options
    TomiTomi Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    edited September 23, 2018 8:08PM

I can't believe the last post here was over a year ago. Here's my contribution to this thread. Would love to add a Orange Charlotte O's to these two.

• Options

Sorry guys, as I get out of the Ripken registry. I consigned my last 3 Ripken RC's (PSA 10's) to LOTG (Love of the Game) which is ongoing currently. Maybe someone here picks them up.

Collecting RC's (mostly 40-60's)
  • Options

@thesouthdoesitagain said:
    Sorry guys, as I get out of the Ripken registry. I consigned my last 3 Ripken RC's (PSA 10's) to LOTG (Love of the Game) which is ongoing currently. Maybe someone here picks them up.

Not familiar with LOTG, link to the sales?

Also, curious why people cosign? PSA 10 rookies are fairly easy to sell on their own?

Cal Ripken Collector

• Options

Some folks consign and get 0 fees, unlike Ebay, but some also factor in buyers premiums (as a buyer), where the 13% is not so bad for Ebay. Some folks use PWCC or Probstein and do very well.
    As for LOTG- heres their site http://loveofthegameauctions.com/catalog.aspx
    And AuctionReport had many other auction houses: http://www.auctionreport.com/auction-schedule/

Collecting RC's (mostly 40-60's)
  • Options
    tunahead08tunahead08 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭

Man... this place is a ghost town!

• Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options

Nice poster!

• Options
    jonebonejonebone Posts: 26
    edited March 19, 2019 5:11AM

Not PSA stuff but figured I'd add this to the thread to give some love. A /25 1998 Pinnacle Preferred Mirror Gold, happy to add this one. I haven't really bought any PSA stuff in quite awhile, more focused on his 90s inserts these days.

Cal Ripken Collector

• Options

@jonebone said:
    Not PSA stuff but figured I'd add this to the thread to give some love. A /25 1998 Pinnacle Preferred Mirror Gold, happy to add this one. I haven't really bought any PSA stuff in quite awhile, more focused on his 90s inserts these days.

That's a beauty!!