Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Cal Ripken Jr. Set Registry

Comments

• Options
    tunahead08tunahead08 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have a deal in the works for 2 WTF sets...
    EDIT: 1 of the sets is sealed!

*This isn't my big acquisition which should be here probably tomorrow! >>

I will be very jealous if you get these 2 sets image But yeah, you will definitely have to post scans, especially of the unopened one!
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    I got it in! Let me go scan this beast! Give me a couple mins!
  • Options
    Alright, here we go enjoy!

• Options
    Well that's pretty funky, nice pickup! I wonder if BGS will grade the full 9 card sheet? It bugs me though that PSA will grade these cut from a sheet but not the 84 Nestle. I think we need to start a campaign to get those graded!
  • Options
    Hey guys, check out this thread, would appreciate your input.
  • Options
    Once again, showing my love for 80's oddball stuff!

• Options
    CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    but not the 84 Nestle. I think we need to start a campaign to get those graded!

I'm behind you 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • Options
    I've busted about half the 95 Topps boxes I bought from Roger and have a nice pile of Ripkens to show for it. image

Also I picked up a 93 King-B Disc Square Proof. Do you guys think I should extract the disc or leave it intact for submission? If you guys need a scan I can provide one later when I get home from work.
  • Options
    I can't believe this raw Desert Shield is going to sell for as much as my PSA 9 did. Link
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Hard to say if that DS is even real...

Adam, good luck with the '95s!! I need at 10!! image
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I've busted about half the 95 Topps boxes I bought from Roger and have a nice pile of Ripkens to show for it. image

Also I picked up a 93 King-B Disc Square Proof. Do you guys think I should extract the disc or leave it intact for submission? If you guys need a scan I can provide one later when I get home from work. >>

I would leave it intact. I am not sure if PSA grades them this way but they are boogers to find. I am assuming it has the perforated points to take out of the square and
    not the poster cut?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    I'm in . . .
  • Options
    Put some low pop Ripken stuff up, one last time: Link
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    looking for 1980 Charlotte O's orange police Ripken. Paying $30 for ex-mt
  • Options

<< <i>looking for 1980 Charlotte O's orange police Ripken. Paying $30 for ex-mt >>

For that price, I've got 50 of them I can sell you. Just send me the Paypal first...

• Options
    bulk deals are always appreciated!
  • Options
    BL's Cal Ripken Jr. Basic Set was sent to 100% complete this morning, thus sending it even further out of my reach! I hope now that his set is complete, he will finally make it viewable for everyone to admire.
  • Options
    Has anyone ever seen one of these before?

New Minor League Issue?

1. Would this be considered a card?

2. Would PSA grade it?

3. Should this be included into the registry?

Was just wondering. I found it, bookmarked it, and forgot to bid on it... image
  • Options
    i have seen a lot of those cards, i think they are just made up and put on ebay to make people think they are legit cards.somebody trying to make a fast buck
  • Options
    I believe the penny is counterfeit.
  • Options
    I think some basement company (probably one guy really) just printed some cards and bought a couple rolls of 1981 pennies. IPOR, it's really not a bad idea and it presents well, but I would assume these cards were made int he last 5 years.
  • Options
    I guess I'm glad I missed the auction end.
  • Options
    Stay on top!
  • Options
    Pretty happy with these 2 sales:

Link 1

Link 2
  • Options
    the link you sent for those two cards,those 2 guys must have a lot of money,that was really high for those cards
  • Options
    I noticed that yesterday, way to go!

The prices for PSA 10s been killing me lately. I'm starting to bust some junk wax in order to try and fill in some of my lower grade cards. I'm also saving my pennies to just buy a 1982 Fleer PSA 10 rather than chase it by busting product. I had to pass on the last one that sold. $354 was a pretty good price, but I wasn't quite ready for it.

I can't wait for the next decent CC Special!
  • Options

<< <i>the link you sent for those two cards,those 2 guys must have a lot of money,that was really high for those cards >>

I agree! I was happy to be on the selling side of it though! image
  • Options
    Wow, ypsi72 put up a bunch of low pop PSA 10 Ripkens... some nice stuff in there!

Link
  • Options
    Yeah, I was just going to mention that. There were over 100 new Ripken PSA 10s listed yesterday! None of which I can use right now, unfortunately.
  • Options
    I'd like to jump on a ton of them, but I think I'm going to save up and put aside the money for the next PSA 10 Traded RC that hits the streets. Not to mention the holidays are coming up and I need to start looking to spend for others instead of myself. I did grab up a few 80's oddballs recently but I think that's going to be it for a bit.
  • Options
    I just picked up some junk wax to try and pull some upgrades for my remaining 8s and 8.5s. I've bought up enough of the raw cards from ebay, and I just can't seem to fill those remaining gaps. It should be fun!

Here's what I got:

1995 Studio box
    1996 Studio box
    1997 Leaf Series 2 box
    1997 Select box
    1998 Topps Series 2 box
  • Options
    There's only 2 10's that I'm going after at the moment, 1 I'd like to have, and 1 I need!

Good luck on your rips Jeff!
  • Options
    I've been busy all week busting those boxes of 95 Topps I bought off Roger. There's definitely some PSA 10 Ripkens, but it was painful sorting through all that junk to get to them.

On a side note the subset that is in the 95 Topps product (Cyberstats I think?) is a very tough Ripken pull. There is 1 per pack, and of the 14 boxes I busted I pulled 3 Ripkens, all of which were a PSA 9 OC at best. They are all T/B OC at about 70/30. I'm sure there are some 10's out there but it will be a painful time busting the junk to find them.
  • Options
    Yeah, I busted two boxes of 1995 Topps and I thought I was going to slip into a coma. What a boring set! Those cyber-stats are cool, I'll buy your ugliest Ripken from you if it's for sale!
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    crashed and burned on my Ripken subs

lot of 8s and 9s but no 10s

Oh well I will add a handful of 9s to my collection at least:

here are the keepers:
    83 Fleer PSA 9
    84 Fleer PSA 9
    85 Fleer PSA 9
    91 Bowman PSA 9
    92 Topps PSA 9
    94 Topps PSA 9

the losers:
    84 Donruss PSA 8
    86 Topps PSA 8
    86 Fleer PSA 8.5
    86 Fleer All Star PSA 8
    92 Topps PSA 7

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    The 86 Fleer and 86 Fleer All-Star are tough!
  • Options
    irvinecardco is killing me... he's gonna cost me a lot of money. He just listed 34 more PSA 10s, SEVEN of which I need for my Basic Set. I better post some auctions so I can raise some cash!

Part of me honestly feels like he might look at the registry and figures out what people need, but part of me hopes he DOES do that, so he can be the one who subs these cards instead of me. On some of the cards in my set, I've subbed up to four times (non-rookies) trying to get a 10. That's me buying a couple dozen raws, picking out the great ones, and subbing them. By the time I'm finished with that chase, I've spent way more than I would have if I were to just buy it on the bay. Some cards however, just never appear on the bay, and you have to bite the bullet and rip some packs. That's fun too. image
  • Options
    I just logged on, fired up Ebay and clicked my favorite search: "Ripken PSA 10" (Including Store Inventories) and 450 results popped up. I honestly can't remember there being this many 10's up at one time. Are we, the members of this thread, the ones responsible for this? I'm not by any means saying this is a bad thing. I just think it's amazing how Ripken is one of the hottest players on the market right now.
  • Options
    does anybody know where the latest checklist for cal ripken jr can be obtained ?
  • Options
    A few years ago I used to get the player checklists from Beckett.com, but I haven't tried that lately. I think it costs $6.00 for a month subscription now. I have no clue if that includes the player checklists like is used to. I hate that site anymore.

You can also search by player in PSA's pop report, but that only lists cards that have been slabbed. Beyond that, I have no clue.
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>WoW! >>

I was surprised by that one as well!
  • Options
    Seems like a lot for a Pop 10 Master Set only card.

I've decided to part ways with some of my Master Set only cards and concentrate more on the Basic Set. I decided to list THIS to see what I can get for it. It's a pretty high BV card, and a Pop 1. I won't be too upset if it sells for the starting bid, and I also won't be upset if it doesn't sell at all, because I'll just keep it then. Win Win! image
  • Options

<< <i>Seems like a lot for a Pop 10 Master Set only card.

I've decided to part ways with some of my Master Set only cards and concentrate more on the Basic Set. I decided to list THIS to see what I can get for it. It's a pretty high BV card, and a Pop 1. I won't be too upset if it sells for the starting bid, and I also won't be upset if it doesn't sell at all, because I'll just keep it then. Win Win! image >>

You almost might be better off starting it at a lower price. Those 2 Enduring Ripken's I sold for over $100 each, the first time I listed them at $43.88 and got 0 bids, 2nd time, $35.88 and 0 bids, and the 3rd time I listed at $11.99 and they sold for $125 and $100. I think some people just like the competition of outbidding each other!
  • Options
    It's not so much that I WANT to sell it, but more like if it does sell for that much, I'm happy with it, if not, I'm still happy to keep it. The last time I checked, the non-graded book value on it is about $60. I figured it was worth a shot I guess. It's a weird card too, because the way it's slabbed, the back is upside down, but if you were to slab it the other way, the front would be upside down.

You're right about starting auctions for lower though, people seem to love a bidding war for some reason. Setting the opening bid too high seems to scare people away. I really just wanted to protect the value of the card, and I hate using reserves.
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    I have a 93 Jimmy Dean Cal Ripken PSA 10 I would sell for $10 delivered.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Can't believe I missed this one
  • Options
    Wow, that cheap! I know for sure I paid more than that for mine. :/
  • Options
    I paid $12 for mine. I remember one day I saw PSG listed some cards on the PSA website, probably just testing the waters. There were 2 and like an idiot I only bought 1 of them. Oh well hind-sight is always 20-20.
  • Options
    Actually, looking back at my records I only spent $18.06 on mine. Not that crazy I guess.