Home Sports Talk

2007 RED SOX CHAMPIONSHIP RUN

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im going to rally us early today.....

LETS SCORE SOME FREAKIN' RUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Wake didn't pitch too badly, could you ask for 6+ and 7 K's 3 runs every game? WTF is up with the double plays
    Big PAPI!
  • TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Let's score some more freakin' runs . . .

Anyone else biting their fingernails?
    I want to throw up. That was so close.
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Wow! You can say that again...

Good thing Curt was razor sharp, and that we are getting out of Oakland now. The bats need to wake up again. But, give Curt credit - he did what a stopper does, and in impressive fashion. image
    very nice game indeed for an overweight 40 year old
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully they'll pack their bats for the next series. Hats off to Schill.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
    Obviously a great game by Schill,but the lineup is pi$$ing me off! They need to take their heads outa their a$$ and hit the FREAKIN' ball! Enough of this BS, shutout here, one run here... Its bringing back awful memories of past Sox teams, the Yanks are hot and we need to start playing with a fire under our a$$!

LETS FREAKIN' GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Obviously a great game by Schill,but the lineup is pi$$ing me off! They need to take their heads outa their a$$ and hit the FREAKIN' ball! Enough of this BS, shutout here, one run here... Its bringing back awful memories of past Sox teams, the Yanks are hot and we need to start playing with a fire under our a$$!

LETS FREAKIN' GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image >>

Are you getting nervous, Perk? image Does the Yanks winning the last 6 of 8 worry anyone? Or are Boston fans discounting the Yanks as any kind of contention now?

<< <i>

<< <i>Obviously a great game by Schill,but the lineup is pi$$ing me off! They need to take their heads outa their a$$ and hit the FREAKIN' ball! Enough of this BS, shutout here, one run here... Its bringing back awful memories of past Sox teams, the Yanks are hot and we need to start playing with a fire under our a$$!

LETS FREAKIN' GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image >>

Are you getting nervous, Perk? image Does the Yanks winning the last 6 of 8 worry anyone? Or are Boston fans discounting the Yanks as any kind of contention now? >>

Actually Barry I had a few too many image last night, I got a little fired up.. I would not say "worried" but just trying to rally my guys to get back on track and continue their rampage through the AL.
    Ahhh...the Samuel Adams Summer Ale in full swing, eh? A bit of lemon zing in that beer to keep ya fired up!

<< <i>Ahhh...the Samuel Adams Summer Ale in full swing, eh? A bit of lemon zing in that beer to keep ya fired up! >>

I read this on the Boston Globe's web site this morning:

"The New York Times' Tyler Kepner, in a blog entry today, takes a look at how the Yankees reacted when they watched the end of Curt Schilling's near no-hitter yesterday:

Until Boston’s Curt Schilling lost a no-hitter Thursday with two outs in the ninth inning at Oakland, the Yankees’ Mike Mussina had the dubious distinction of being the last pitcher to come so close to a no-hitter without getting it.

The Yankees watched the end of Schilling’s game in the clubhouse Thursday afternoon. When Shannon Stewart broke up the no-hitter, the room erupted in cheers, players bursting from their seats and shouting.

After the Yankees’ 10-3 victory over the White Sox, I kidded with Mussina and asked if he’d send a telegram to Schilling. Mussina, whose perfect game was ruined by Carl Everett on Sept. 2, 2001, sneered. “What?” he cried. “He didn’t get to one strike away!” Then a few of the writers suggested Mussina post on Schilling’s blog. He smiled, I think."

That says several things to me: 1. The Yankees are happy Mussina isn't the last person to give it up with one out left to go. 2. The Yankees don't like Curt Schilling and 3. Despite their denials, the Yankees recognize that the rivalry exists and right now it's tipped in our favor.

How about 4. Just another reason why the Yankees suck.

<< <i>How about 4. Just another reason why the Yankees suck.

image >>

Awww, dont be sour CTSox! I really cant blame any Yankee or fan for enjoying Schilling losing his no hitter like that. When Schilling went to the Bosox, look at all the Yankees bashing he did. Even went as far as wearing Yankees suck T Shirts. I think if it would have been any other Bosox pitcher they would have tipped their caps to him.
  • That says several things to me: 1. The Yankees are happy Mussina isn't the last person to give it up with one out left to go. 2. The Yankees don't like Curt Schilling and 3. Despite their denials, the Yankees recognize that the rivalry exists and right now it's tipped in our favor.

TheVon, quite frankly if I were you I would be more concerned about the Yankees having won 6 out of the last 8 games while the Red Sox have lost 5 out of the last 8 games. Only scoring 7 runs in 4 games would bug me too.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
    SeatedCoin, the lack of Red Sox scoring does concern me a great deal. It's been frustrating to watch.

However, if I were you, I'd be more concerned with the fact that even after winning 6 of 8 games the Yankees are still 10 1/2 games behind the Red Sox and only one game up on the Devil Rays. At least you guys will get to play the Pirates for a few days though.
  • Not concerned at all. In 2005 the Yankees had a 11-19 start and at one point were 9 1/2 games behind the Red Sox but still won the division. Last year the Red Sox were 5 or 6 games up in June ant totally collapsed.

You guys had a chance to bury the Yankees at 14 1/2 games. What one week does....

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
    First off Baseball teams are going to run into a string of games where there offense goes flat, Red Sox included. It meens absolutly NOTHING. We have not got to where we are at by not being a good team! Yankee fans can rejoice about going on a little tear while the Sox are slumping but we are still talking about an ENORMOUS lead here! The Red Sox are fine, sure they need to start hitting but do any of you really think we are in trouble because of our flat play over the past week? Its part of the game, the Yankees will NOT take over the division lead mark my words.
  • the Yankees will NOT take over the division lead mark my words.

Will do.

Oh, but wouldnt it make a great new story in Yanks/Bosox legend!?
  • softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good stuff ...... most Sox fans are flat out intoxicated by their great great start. All I will say is that there is a TON more games to go and when you see a Sox fan say

"We have not got to where we are at by not being a good team" on June 8th it makes you wonder how intoxicated they are. Just "where" have they got to on June 8th? No where except for a sizeable lead that we all know can grow or diminish in a matter of weeks. There is not weeks left in this season, there are MONTHS left. I for one would have unending ammo if this "race" gets close enough for them to sweat image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

Well, you Yankee fans should be happy you've started to win some games because you're now on pace to win a whopping 75 games which is only 29 games behind the pace the Red Sox have set so far. Of course, pace means nothing because we all know things can change. So maybe the Red Sox only play .500 ball for the rest of the season. What then? If they did go .500, the Yankees would have to start playing a lot better because they'd haveto go 63-41 from now until the end of the season just to tie the Red Sox. That could happen, but the Red Sox could just as easily keep playing at .600 ball or above and then the Yanks would have to win 73 of their remaining games . . . I'm sorry, but the Yankees aren't playing like a .700 ballclub these days. Sure they've won 6 of their last 8, but they've also won 6 of their last 10.

<< <i>Good stuff ...... most Sox fans are flat out intoxicated by their great great start. All I will say is that there is a TON more games to go and when you see a Sox fan say

"We have not got to where we are at by not being a good team" on June 8th it makes you wonder how intoxicated they are. Just "where" have they got to on June 8th? No where except for a sizeable lead that we all know can grow or diminish in a matter of weeks. There is not weeks left in this season, there are MONTHS left. I for one would have unending ammo if this "race" gets close enough for them to sweat image >>

Dan if you want to call it intoxicated then thats fine, just like your neverending rally cry "There is a ton of games left" then that is fine too. The Bottom line if the situation were reversed you guys would be laughing in the rear view mirror just as well.

<< <i> Dan if you want to call it intoxicated then thats fine, just like your neverending rally cry "There is a ton of games left" then that is fine too. The Bottom line if the situation were reversed you guys would be laughing in the rear view mirror just as well. >>

In fairness to Dan, there is plenty of time left . . . who knows, by the end of the season maybe the Yankees will have had all the opportunity they needed in order to lose 100 games? They just need to suck a little bit more than they do right now and they could do it pretty easily.
    Von,

right ...... and stating the pace that any team is on is doing exactly what I was talking about. The Yankees are on "pace" ..... here on June 8th to win a embarrassingly low amount of games. Its June 8th and I won't make any for sure predictions because there are just WAY WAY WAY too many games to play image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

I love baseball! So many people say there are too many games and that none of them matter, but I love how every day something can change and yet no one day is going to make or break a team by itself. The season is long and September seems like a lifetime removed from April.

Yes it does but the reality of making up over 10 games is VERY difficult, I know the Yankee bats are capable but their pitching I dont think is. Oh and I dont think the Sox bats OR pitching is capable of losing a 10 game lead, we have a much better team than last years meltdown squad.
    Oh and DAN.............image

Any thoughts on the lineup for tonight? Will Ortiz have to sit since they're playing in an NL park or do you think they'll throw him out there at 1B? I think I'd rather have him at 1B than not in the lineup at all. Maybe Lowell and Youk can split the next couple games at third?

This should be a fun series. I'm looking forward to Sunday's matchup between Dice-K and the Big Unit (They sound like a rap duo) especially since Dice has been so much better on the road than he has been at home.
  • Oh myyyy, this thread is as bad as some of the threads on the other forum. I am in TOTAL agreement with softparade. WAY too much baseball to play for those nitwit Red Sox fans who are ready to hoist an AL East, Pennant, and World Series banner at that giant toilet of a ball park. They should listen to their MAIN man, David Ortiz, who, approx a week and a half ago, said in the Boston Herald (not verbatim, but pretty damn close-not doctored so it benefits Yanks fans-and any Sox fan that can tell me he DIDNT say it, the dare is on):

"I'd rather be 10 1/2 games up with 10 games left"

Your (Red Sox fans) players appear to be smarter at playing the fan game than the fans are. Sure, its got to be handled with kid gloves, as we all know if ANY team can find a way to snatch defeat from the hands of victory, its those darn Red Sox.

If I were you, Red Sox fans, I would quietly let this thread die until after, oh, say, third week in August. Wait, thats HOW many MONTHS away??? HOW many games do they play in that time frame? (See my point?) The muddy hits the fan AFTER the All Star break, and they WILL suffer the same man-game losing injuries ALL teams get hit with (I DONT wish any injury on ANY player, just to be up front about it). They WILL stop scoring a ton of runs; Youkilis will NOT remain an over .300 batter all season; Wily Mo is lucky he hasn't been run out of town on a rail by now (and wont be with the team when Manny gets shipped out); Papelbon IS human; Tavarez is NOT a #5 starter; Lugo will barely bat his weight by seasons end; Crisp WILL fall out of the Fenway Faithful's favor by seasons end, for the second time in his short career; Lowell will deserve a BIG raise (and wont get it, but you all knew that anyway..he is the quintessential ball player), Varitek's defense will never be questioned, but his offense will dwindle more than it has; Mirabelli/Wakefield, well, IF they are still here in April '08, will be bullpen/batting practice players; Schilling just had his moment of brilliance (his one hitter, and couldnt get that NO HITTER even as it was handed to him on a platter...they should have made it look like a cheeseburger), and will resemble a taller El Guapo more than he does now. Bottom line, in not so many words, Readers Digest version, however you want to say it.........WAY TOO MUCH BALL to play, NOT to MENTION the variables that Sox fans AREN'T considering because their glasses are WAY too freakin' rosey, for them to count ANYONE out yet, not just the Yankees.

Sure, this is my first post to a sports thread, BUT....I am local to Boston (born and raised 8 miles NW of Boston), have a wife that has season tickets (sec 101...wont name the row, but I can get two beers and back to my seat in about 25 steps...dont need the likes of MORE Sox fans harassing me in my Yanx pinstripe #18 jersey, and Johnny Ballgame is STILL lauging all the way to the bank) and go to approx 60 plus home games (which is why I call that bandbox what I call it...a giant toilet...I know it in and out and it IS one...anyone wish to debate THAT either? Thought not!).

It WAS great for the Sox to win it all for once in awhile, HONESTLY.... it was great for baseball, and great for the Sox, and their fans (did/does ANY other teams fans remain as devout and deserve a title to be brought home than the BoSox?). Sure, they are off to a GREAT start THIS season, one I wish the Yankees were off to. BUT, the season is 162 games long...hell, summer has barely started.

giggidy!
  • Oh, I left my thoughts on J.D. Drew out of my diatribe....should I...NAAAHHHHH. The Von, you say they dont have the same team as last years meltdown squad? You are RIGHT...defensively, they are worse...I'll take Trot Nixon over J.D. Drew ANY day. Oh, and someone get that Pedroia kid a stepladder and a 42 inch bat!
    giggidy!

<< <i>Oh and DAN.............image

image >>

imageimage

I hear ya Paul !

"I'd rather be 10 1/2 games up with 10 games left"

Like DUH????

Hello>????

Don't even go there.....
    Giggidy, I don't even know where to start.

First off, the Red Sox have suffered injuries already and they seem to be doing pretty well so far. Granted, they haven't had a lot of devasting injuries, but the reason Tavarez is our #5 starter is because Lester is still coming back from freakin' cancer. Timlin's been on the DL for a good chunk of time and Beckett went down with a blister for a while. Of course, these injuries are nothing compared to those suffered by the aging Yankee roster, but that's not our fault.

Youkilis is a good hitter who sees a lot of pitches, gets on base a ton, and plays great defense. Your prediction that he'll end below .300 means nothing.

I think if you actually read this thread at all you'd also see that we've been pretty upfront and realistic about players like Tavarez, Crisp, Pena, and Papelbon. We all recognize that Tavarez isn't the ideal #5 starter but we're grateful for the decent job he's done while Lester recovers. We're all disappointed that Crisp hasn't hit as well as we had hoped he would, but he's saved a ton of runs with his glove. Pena is never going to win a batting crown, but he can turn a ball around like no one's business. And as far as Papelbon goes, we all know he's human and we all know he's going to give up some runs here and there and can't pitch every day. But we also recognize it's a long season and we want his arm to be strong in September.

I fail to see your point about Lowell deserving a big raise. Is that supposed to translate into losses this year somehow?

I am glad to know that you choose to spend approximately 180 hours in a " giant toilet" each season though. I'm sure that's done wonders for your outlook. If our glasses are rose-colored, what color would that make yours?
    I am local to Boston (born and raised 8 miles NW of Boston), have a wife that has season tickets

When you wrote "wife", did you mean Mom? How could any die hard REd Sox fan even be in the house as you? I would love to see you with your beloved Yanks jersey on at 60 games at Fewnway, you must be a walking target for Christ's sake. Is that why you are so bitter? If you truly love to get picked on, wear a red Sox Jersey over to Yankee stadium and see how the "class acts" over there act. SHEESH
    Von nice response to GiddyGoo, we have been critical of our team at times when needed and not once have we resigned to the Red Sox winning it all just yet, we like are chances for the division Giddy, I meen wouldn't you?

As far as killing this thread now? It will not happen, there is no need too. We Sox Fans have had a tough go of it like you pointed out and we are still exited about '04, but this is '07! And we are playing good ball for the most part, and enjoy the Yankees where they are right now. This is what being a fan is all about!
    Who would of thought? A pair of 3 run bombs by..................................................JD Drew?

• First off all, Perkdog, READ what I said....I NEVER said KILL it, I simply said to let it die and breath life in it later this summer.

RipublicaninMass and The Von....I happen to LOVE BASEBALL FIRST....thats what you nitwit Red Sox fans fail to realize. You loved the GAME first (well, now its nothing but business, but thats another story). For a FACT...on Aug 31, 2006, I spent THAT game (vs Blue Jays, the day Wells got traded to San Diego, Mirabelli being taken from Logan to Fenway at the TAXPAYERS money in a State Police vehicle, the day TAVAREZ got his first start...blah blah)...I spent THAT nite in Les Otten's luxury box, wearing my Damon jersey, AND met Orsillo and Remy in the NESN booth, batting practice before the game (was AWESOME to be on Fenway's field), picture/greeting on the Diamondvision, all due to my WIFE (not mom, The Von) being high bidder in one ove Theo's Hot Stove/Cool Music auctions. After 2 innings, he got so disgusted, he pulled his 5 nieces and nephews (plus 4 or 5 other family members/friends OUT OF THE BOX because of me....honestly, you Sox fans got so complacent after one Series win...lol)...PLEASE dont go on and on about my time spent there, alliance, hatred of by family members, etc. As far as the color of MY glasses, well, they CERTAINLY have a nicer color than YOURS...Yanks fans have been treated to a Championship more than once every 86 years, so DONT go there...you are shootin' blanks on that one.

The Von....you should edit your post, as you said Papelbon ISNT human, but I know you meant he is. Point here is, what good is a closer if he cant close every game you need/want him in? The Sox treat him like his arm will fall off if he pitches more than once a week, for cripes sake. My statements WERENT supposed to be taken as PREDICTIONS of DOOM AND GLOOM for the Sox, just using them as examples where everything is going right in their world...examples of wheels that CAN and more than likely WILL fall off the wagon. My Mike Lowell comment had nothing to do with wins/loses THIS year, just like some of my other comments...just simple statements that the Sox STILL dont reward their players as they should, with the exception of Ortiz....Trot is having a crappy year in Cleveland, isnt he? HE was deemed expendable...boy, they filled THAT hole in right field...LOLOL Why do BoSox fans always jump to conclusions?

I dont want/need to read 37 pages of drivel from nitwit Sox fans about how "Ooohhh, this is the year" again. EVERY year is that for Sox fans, until they are made to cry in their beer again. What this HAS been THUS far, is a VERY good, VERY torrid start to a season...one that ANY team or fan would LOVE to see...I DO give credit where its due.

RipublicaninMass....I am not more a target at Fenway in my Yanx gear than anyone else from Baltimore, Toronto, Tampa Bay, etc. IF you have ever been to a Sox/Yanx game at Fenway, you would see MORE Yanx gear than you ever would have imagined. And only the drunkest fan gets rowdy...hell, I pose for pictures with people (the fact I look astonishingly similar to David Wells doesnt hurt either). NOONE has actually been beligirent enough to take a poke or start a fight...inside the park, Yawkey way, Who's on first, NOWHERE...it does happen, but I have never seen it or been involved in it, which is why I say Sox fans got complacent with just ONE series win in 86 years.
    giggidy!
  • Perkdog......and all the other Sox fans:

I give credit where its due....and I also know you all, as fans, have NOT been treated to the basic right of evey fan of ANY team in ANY sport. Pro sports teams should put on the field/court/rink, etc, the BEST, most COMPETITIVE team they can. Historically, the Red Sox HAVENT done this.....

Perkdog, I should come here and badmouth the Sox every nite, and pick one player in general to rank on (much like that looudmouth in Tampa that sits behind the plate), huh? Afterall, I just shot my mouth off about Drew, and, well, um.....lol

Bottom line is this....the rivalry is awesome, unlike any I have seen (and I am a Bruins season ticket holder, been to the Montreal Forum, Molson Center, etc and not even THAT rivalry compares with the Sox/Yanx). If we, as fans of our respective teams, had to be fans of OTHER teams, the 162 game season wouldnt be anywhere NEAR half as exciting as it is. We should give THANX to each other.
    giggidy!
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Oh, I left my thoughts on J.D. Drew out of my diatribe....should I...NAAAHHHHH. The Von, you say they dont have the same team as last years meltdown squad? You are RIGHT...defensively, they are worse...I'll take Trot Nixon over J.D. Drew ANY day. Oh, and someone get that Pedroia kid a stepladder and a 42 inch bat! >>

Idiot troll. Thanks for dissing Drew -- he got 7 RBI tonight. And the midget second baseman is hitting .320.
    Exactly right - don't feed the trolls. You don't need to hear from us "nitwit" Red Sox fans "Mr. Goo" - just keep your ass out of this thread. There are plenty of other threads here where you can display your ignorance. Why not start over in the Yankee fan thread?

Back to business - JD Drew finally comes to life! And, Beckett has another sharp outing.
  • ctsoxfan....I will put my ass in any thread I WANT. I said NOTHING wrong. This is a public forum, isnt it? And, lastly, if you read my post prior to THIS one, you would see its nothing more than a rivalry thing, nothing more. Though, what I said IS fact...the way Sox ownership treated the fans for YEARS was MUCH worse than any tongue thrashing Yankees fans can give you.
    giggidy!
    Giggidy, thanks for pointing out my mistake. I did write Papelbon "isn't human" and that's not what I meant to say so I went back and edited my post at your request.

Since we're pointing out each other's mistakes though, I'd like to take a moment to point out that I didn't say anything about your mom or your wife. Please edit your post to accurately cite RipublicaninMass as the author of that comment. Also, in a separate post you credited me with having stated that the Red Sox don't have the same meltdown squad from last year. I did not make this comment either. That would be Perkdog's comment. Please note, however, that I don't disagree with either comment, I just didn't write them myself.

Additionally, in your 8:33 p.m. post you spelled "night" incorrectly in the second paragraph and in the third paragraph you forgot to include the apostrophe in the word "WEREN'T." I noticed a few other spelling errors and grammatical mistakes in some of your other posts . . . you continue to spell "night" as if you've spent half your life working at the "Nite Drive Thru" at a Taco Bell, for instance. Also "Looudmouth" isn't a word. There should only be one "o." All of the following words should be edited to include an apostrophe: didn't, that's, don't, won't, season's, couldn't, team's, haven't, and isn't to name a few. I knew what you meant in all these instances, but felt like it should be pointed out anyway. I'm sure you understand.

With those formalities out of the way and since you've turned out to be such a gem of a person, I'm going to honor your request and not go "on and on" about your time spent in Fenway Park. You seem to be doing a good enough job of covering that yourself. I, for one, would love it if you would stop telling us about where you sit when you see games at Fenway, how many steps it takes you before you can get two beers, what you thought of batting practice, who you've met, what you were wearing when you met them, who you look like, whether or not people have taken your picture, what you had to do to get onto the field, or what happened when you were in someone's luxury box and how many nieces and nephews were there at the same time. While we're on the topic of sporting venues, let's agree to not go on and on about where you've seen hockey games either. I feel confident that I can live up to my end of that bargain. Can you?

I should stop there, but I'm a glutton for punishment from trolls like you. So I'd also like to point out that Trot Nixon, though missed by Red Sox Nation, is not having that great a year. He's hitting only .265 which is admittedly higher than Drew, but he's only hit two homers himself which was the same amount Drew had hit before tonight's bombs. Frankly, coming from a Yankee fan, it seems pretty hypocritical to throw that in our face considering you guys let Sheffield go and how's he doing this year?

Anyway, I don't want there to be any hard feelings so if you can accept an apology from a nitwit Red Sox fan such as myself, I'd like to sincerely apologize for not having realized upfront (without knowing you at all before today) that you loved baseball first as demonstrated by the FACT that you were at a game on August 31, 2006. I feel so stupid for not having known this already. Also, please forgive us for using a public forum to share our thoughts on a common interest. Had we known that you were going to have to sift through our drivel we would gladly have foregone the fellowship and camaraderie of this forum throughout the season so as not to risk your condemnation that we were discussing the season prematurely. Why not go away until the second or third week of August when we revive this thread and we promise we won't write anything else in the meantime.

P.S. Please forgive me for any additional type-o's or other mistakes I may have made in the writing of this post.

<< <i>I dont want/need to read 37 pages of drivel from nitwit Sox fans about how "Ooohhh, this is the year" again >>

The bottom line is you invited yourself into this thread and decided to let us know your personal extravigant moments at Fenway, I dont remember forcing this thread on you or anyone else, if you dont read the 37 pages then you really dont have a right to make the statement that we are singing "Ooohhh, this is the year" because if you take the time to read the thread before you run your mouth you will see we are not hoisting a world series flag yet by any stretch. So park your big a$$ in the Yankee thread and back slap all those guys about how many championships the Yankees have.
    the fact I look astonishingly similar to David Wells doesnt hurt either

Are you David Wells? Just curious if there are any more names you could drop, I am really, I mean really impressed.

I dont want/need to read 37 pages of drivel from nitwit Sox fans

so don't open the thread image
    Let's score some runs Sox!!!

Von you beat me to it!

LETS SCORE SOME FREAKIN' RUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well, at least Tek is listening to us.