Home Sports Talk

2007 RED SOX CHAMPIONSHIP RUN

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well we both know those dollars will be made or wasted come post season, if Dice helps us bring home another championship then I will be glad we spent the moolah!
  • Speaking of A-Rod, sometimes he does come through when it counts. image Yanks 7, Jays 5. Where would the Yankees be with out A-Rod's April?

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."

<< <i> Where would the Yankees be with out A-Rod's April? >>

• Did you see what just happened to A-Rod?

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Speaking of A-Rod, sometimes he does come through when it counts. image Yanks 7, Jays 5. Where would the Yankees be with out A-Rod's April? >>

They would have between 10 and 15 wins.

And good for A-Rod!! That will surely put the Toronto Stripper stories on the back pages now.

<< <i>Did you see what just happened to A-Rod? >>

Do tell!

<< <i>I hope not. The better question is can the Yankees hold on to a 6-5 lead?

Your $100 Mil guy blew it!

Matsuzaka

IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
    5.2 12 6 6 0 4 1 4.83 >>

Hey, if you really believe Dice-K will end up with a 5 ERA at year-end, then you have to agree that Beckett will end up 26-0 as well! image
  • Edited to move to the Yankee topic

Not much going on tonight, Dice has looked better...
  • Start of a 25 Game Winning streak by the Yankees with the Red Sox their first victim. image

• TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I still think the 100 million was a good "investment." People from Boston to Tokyo are going to be buying Dice-K t-shirts and jerseys and every Red Sox game he pitches in (and probably some he doesn't) is going to be televised in Japan. I think the Red Sox make their money back on this one plus get a solid 15-17 game winner to boot. If he can ever figure out how to pitch as well at Fenway as he does in away games he could turn out to be a perennial Cy Young candidate.

If you want to talk about bad investments . . . I'd start with JD Drew before Lowell and Dice-K. So far Drew has been bad. I would like to see Lowell bat fifth to give some actual protection to Manny.
  • Lowell's been great. He was a throw in in the Beckett deal. Both are doing great this year. JD Drew on the other hand has been a bust so far.

• ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>I still think the 100 million was a good "investment." People from Boston to Tokyo are going to be buying Dice-K t-shirts and jerseys and every Red Sox game he pitches in (and probably some he doesn't) is going to be televised in Japan. I think the Red Sox make their money back on this one plus get a solid 15-17 game winner to boot. If he can ever figure out how to pitch as well at Fenway as he does in away games he could turn out to be a perennial Cy Young candidate.

If you want to talk about bad investments . . . I'd start with JD Drew before Lowell and Dice-K. So far Drew has been bad. I would like to see Lowell bat fifth to give some actual protection to Manny. >>

Of course it was a good investment - jealous Yankee fans pretend not to understand that. Of course, their team just gave Fat Billy $28M (or thereabouts) to pitch roughly half a season for 5 innings a night. Talk about bad investments...
    If Drew turns it on and has a good second half and plays well during the playoffs his contract might be a bit easier to swallow but at this point It remains to be seen. I dont know what his problem is either, he is not in a situation where he is counted on to be the "Man" and carry our club all he has to do is live up to that 70 Mill!!!!
    Here's a fun game. Here are the stats of three Red Sox players. Guess the player that matches the stats (without checking):

Player A: .229, 1 HR, 15 RBI, 27 Runs, 10 SB
    Player B: .226, 2 HR, 17 RBI, 28 Runs, 1 SB
    Player C: .308, 2 HR, 11 RBI, 17 Runs, 0 SB

Here's a hint, in no particular order, their salaries for this year are $380,000, 3.8 Million, and 14 Million.

Extra Credit
    Player D: .330, 10 HR, 41 RBI, 28 Runs, 2 SB @ $9 Million

<< <i>Here's a fun game. Here are the stats of three Red Sox players. Guess the player that matches the stats (without checking):

Player A: .229, 1 HR, 15 RBI, 27 Runs, 10 SB
    Player B: .226, 2 HR, 17 RBI, 28 Runs, 1 SB
    Player C: .308, 2 HR, 11 RBI, 17 Runs, 0 SB

Here's a hint, in no particular order, their salaries for this year are $380,000, 3.8 Million, and 14 Million.

Extra Credit
    Player D: .330, 10 HR, 41 RBI, 28 Runs, 2 SB @ $9 Million >>

OK, without checking I quess... A-Crisp
    B-Drew
    C-Lugo?
    D-Lowell

Ok now Im going to check!
    Very close Perkdog. C = Pedroia.
  • DJCoinzDJCoinz Posts: 3,856
    The Red Sox sux! This is the Brewers' year!
    aka Dan
    Take your anti-Sox talk, and your ridiculously large dumb signature picture (why do people insist on having these things?) to another thread. Maybe start a Brewers thread for you, and the other 2 people that care about them.

<< <i>Take your anti-Sox talk, and your ridiculously large dumb signature picture (why do people insist on having these things?) to another thread. Maybe start a Brewers thread for you, and the other 2 people that care about them. >>

I could not have said it better myself image

<< <i>The Red Sox sux! This is the Brewers' year! >>

DJ, your overgraded Morgans need to be reduced to conform to forum rules. This is the max size pic you have can in your sigline:

OK enough is enough. Get WAKE outa there already!
  • No, you should have left him in longer. image I wish he could pitch against the Yankees every day as the Yankees own him.

• << <i>Take your anti-Sox talk, and your ridiculously large dumb signature picture (why do people insist on having these things?) to another thread. Maybe start a Brewers thread for you, and the other 2 people that care about them. >>

THAT WAS FUNNY, AND
    thats why I watch this thread. Softparade the Sox just seem to be havin one of those years, I live in the past when in the 20s thru the fifties the Yanks had successions of great players and teams. And Boston was right with them. Last two triple crown winners.YAZ AND MANTLE. wow!!!!! what a pair they were.

Well those days are gone. There is just too much parity in Baseball now. You guys keep it up, I have really enjoyed your discourse. with
    perkdog. Have learned a lot. I'll just stick with the past where I belong.
    Cheeks your more then welcome to jump in and get involved in our banter, the more the merrier! image
    Tell you what I am still steamin over last nights game, I love Wakefield but talk about stinkin'the place up! Mirabelli looked like he was a goalie not a catcher.

WE best get our heads out of our A$$ and smash these guys the rest of the series.
    LETS GO SCHILLING! image
    Geez, Wake is really struggling after a super start.

On to Schilling -- hopefully is pitches fantastic like he did against Cleveland instead of "craptastic" like he did in the Bronx.
  • The Yankees appeared to be very loose last night. The Red Sox seemed tense.

<< <i>The Yankees appeared to be very loose last night. The Red Sox seemed tense. >>

Well we left 10 men on base I think, so we had our oppurtunities for sure. Again, Wake was just gross last night. image
    You can say that again - I don't know why Wake couldn't throw strikes to save his life last night. Tito left him in a bit too long if you ask me, had he pulled him sooner the game wouldn't have gotten away from the Sox like it did.

I think Schilling and Beckett will fare better these next two games.
  • softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Take your anti-Sox talk, and your ridiculously large dumb signature picture (why do people insist on having these things?) to another thread. Maybe start a Brewers thread for you, and the other 2 people that care about them. >>

now now Jerry, you wouldn't ever want to walk into a Yankee thread again after saying this would you? image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

now now Jerry, you wouldn't ever want to walk into a Yankee thread again after saying this would you? image >>

NAW!!! We need you guys to stick around image
  • softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    NAW!!! We need you guys to stick around image >>

Cheers to that ! image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

DAN! Making an appearance after a Boston Massacre last night, I see how it is! image
    Dont even start about Lowell, clearly Cano was in the basepath image remember Joey belle's knockin some some head over heels

• Dont even start about Lowell, clearly Cano was in the basepath

Oops...clearly that Schilling fastball was right in Jorge's wheelhouse.

• Back 2 Back Jacks!
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need 2 more...Damn that Jeter!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
    Is anyone other than me starting to get heartburn every time they bring in Romero or Pineiro? I have absolutely zero confidence in either pitcher at this point.

• Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not the way we hoped to get the lead. Hope Doug M. is ok.
    Mike
    Bosox1976

<< <i>Not the way we hoped to get the lead. Hope Doug M. is ok. >>

We will take it though! Definately hope he is ok though...
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭
    That was a very violent hit to the back of his head...I cant believe they didnt put him in a collar and on the backboard.
    That was nasty, sincerly hope he is ok.

Open up the floodgates! LETS GO SOX!

<< <i>That was a very violent hit to the back of his head...I cant believe they didnt put him in a collar and on the backboard. >>

I was thinking the same thing, why were they rotating his head and neck as well?? DUH!
    Ugly but nice win! image
    I'll take it - thank goodness for the clutch hitting tonight. I also hope Doug M. is okay - he looked so glassy eyed when they took him off the field.
  • I've always had a secret wish to be a Fenway faithful....and I'm not kidding.

Boston was the cradle of our countries independence...New Yorkers weren't quite, well.... One up for Boston there fellas!

Cheers to Joseph Warren, as I drink a tall glass of Sam Adams right now.

Oh, and I am thinking of putting a large Citgo sign in my back yard, and try to hit wiffle balls towards it.
    Ugly win indeed. WTH happened to Schill in the 6th -- I did not see the game.