Home Sports Talk

2007 RED SOX CHAMPIONSHIP RUN

Comments

• ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>Ugly win indeed. WTH happened to Schill in the 6th -- I did not see the game. >>

It looked like he just ran out of gas, and once again, Tito left a pitcher in one batter too many (like Wakefield last night). He pitched extremely well through the first 5 - there was also a 28 minute rain delay in there, and when he came back out after the rain delay he asked for some extra warmup throws. He got through that inning (the 5th) but the 6th did him in. I was yelling at the television for Tito to bring in Javier Lopez to pitch to Posada (he hit the 3 run homer off Curt) - after that, he went and got Curt out of there.

Turned out okay, though. image
  • DJCoinzDJCoinz Posts: 3,856

<< <i>Take your anti-Sox talk, and your ridiculously large dumb signature picture (why do people insist on having these things?) to another thread. Maybe start a Brewers thread for you, and the other 2 people that care about them. >>

You must have a ridiculously tiny screen.

<< <i>DJ, your overgraded Morgans need to be reduced to conform to forum rules. This is the max size pic you have can in your sigline:

image >>

Says who? you? image
    aka Dan
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> I was yelling at the television for Tito to bring in Javier Lopez to pitch to Posada (he hit the 3 run homer off Curt) - after that, he went and got Curt out of there. >>

Ugh -- hope he's not going Grady Little on us.

I see Tito gave Pinero another chance to step up and he blew it again. Back to mop-up again. The best pitchers in the bullpen make the least money.
  • DJCoinzDJCoinz Posts: 3,856
    Maybe you could have tried giving me that link in the first place. I wasn't on the forum in February.
    aka Dan
  • Looks like Doug M. took a lot harder of a hit then I thought. I was just thinking concussion.

But he not only got that, he also got a cervical sprain and a fractured wrist.

The article says he was hit by Lowell's knee, but I think most of us who saw the game will agree it was his hip/pelvis.

Like most of you other folks here, I too was a little surprised they didn't use a neck brace/stretcher. Why take the chance?

Kinda sad the Sox win/Yankees loss had to come with a little grey cloud hanging over it. That's cool, though. When the Sox win Sunday, hopefully there won't be anything negative about it image

article
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definately a very physical couple of games, Friday nights matchup was just sloppy play with all the hit batsmen , Doug M. getting hurt like that was just an unfortunate situation, he will not be suiting up anytime soon if he has got a cervical sprain, that takes quite a while to recover from, Imo could be season ending.

Sloppy play this series from both teams, so far a split is pretty much acceptable with the type of play that has been going on.
    LETS SCORE SOME FREAKIN' RUNS!!!!!!!!!
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a tough wind out there tonight. Lowell and Willie Mo both hit shots that should have gone yard.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
    imageimage Lets hear it for the little guy!

Oh and Mr.Abreu! Papi with a... a.... TRIPLE!!!!!
    Damn that Posada -- he blocked the plate on Lugo!! He's getting too good! image
  • No, he was too good before. Jorge is now excellent. image

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
    Good series - hard fought games with many lead changes. ARod was clutch last night. Getting to both of our money relievers is saying something.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
    I know but it hurts because we had SO MANY chances! Thats what pi$$es me off, and it is in Fenway. Nothing aggravates more then to see those guys come in and leave with a win... NOTHING!

On the flip side of things it was a good physical series, typical of what you would expect.
    (ugly #)
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Damn that Posada -- he blocked the plate on Lugo!! He's getting too good! image >>

Posada should have been steamrolled, in the basepath is fair game!
    Did you notice how ESPN basically ignored that play (Posada blocking the plate)? They didn't show a single replay of it until the game was over, and even then, just one crappy replay that didn't really show anything. Miller and Morgan didn't even talk about it much.

I initially thought Lugo was safe, but saw another replay that shows Posada made a nice play and kept Lugo off the plate. But it would have been nice to show a few different angles last night on ESPN. It's not like they don't have a hundred cameras there, showing every stupid celebrity fan in the stands in super-duper-tremendous-HD.

On to Oakland - what I'm most interested in is seeing Dice-K tomorrow night. He hasn't pitched well two games in a row (I know he was sick one of them).

• Yesterday was just the beginning, boys......

can we mark the calender and check back in a month?

<< <i>Yesterday was just the beginning, boys. >>

The beginning of the end, of red sox losses..... GO TEAM image

<< <i>Yesterday was just the beginning, boys......

can we mark the calender and check back in a month? >>

image I think they already marked some day as the begining of some silly pipe dream 25 game win streak. image
  • softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paplebon is over rated. I will enjoy his late season swoon image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

<< <i>Paplebon is over rated. I will enjoy his late season swoon image >>

there was NO excuse for an 0-2 pitch hit for a home run. NONE

<< <i>

there was NO excuse for an 0-2 pitch hit for a home run. NONE >>

That was NOT a bad pitch. Outside corner, right on the knees. Should have been a strikeout or foul.

A-Rod was probably looking there and reached out and got it. He may be out of his slump. image

OK Dan, if that makes you feel better about this season I understand.
  • you gotta admit that Papelbon has looked pretty shaky, before the Yanks, against the Tribe...
    well a late one tonight if anyone is staying up image

<< <i>you gotta admit that Papelbon has looked pretty shaky, before the Yanks, against the Tribe... >>

Geez, he gets outguessed on a good pitch by the league HR leader and he's washed up. He'll be fine.

Now, Okijima was shaky for the first time -- he better snap out of it!! image

<< <i>you gotta admit that Papelbon has looked pretty shaky, before the Yanks, against the Tribe... >>

Shaky? Yes maybe a few times but the Yankees and the Tribe have some of the most potent lineups in baseball, a pitcher no matter how great he may be will have a stretch where he is not on top of his game, he will be fine.
  • TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    It's nice to see Ortiz finally end his home run draught . . . impressive that he did it off of a quality pitcher like Dan Haren too.

Do you guys on the East Coast stay up to watch these West Coast games?
    Should we start calling him Wily No Defense or Wily No Make Contact yet?
    Since Im out of work with my Broken foot, I do now!

Nice bomb by Papi for sure, also it was nice to see the ChiSox handle the Yanks!
    The Red Sox got a bad break with this schedule - they played on Sunday night's ESPN game, and had to leave around 1am to travel to California, to play that night. Tito had some comments about it - and he's right. That's probably why no Lowell, Lugo, Varitek, or Crisp tonight.

Papelbon is overrated? image Okay, whatever you Yankee fans have to say to keep from jumping off the ledge. And, speaking of those bumbling Yankees - does anyone in major league baseball make more game-ending outs with the tying or winning runs on base than Derek Jeter? It's amazing, over and over again he does this, and all you hear is how "clutch" he is.
    Wily Mo Pena!

Yeah, this has been a brutal couple days schedule-wise and now that the Red Sox have tied the game in the top of the 9th it could be a late night. At least I'm hoping it goes a little bit later than it has so far! Go Sox!!!
  • HOLY CRAP THAT WAS TOO CLOSE

Why did they send Pedroia with Manny coming up next? He was gone by about 75 feet. image
    #%^&!!!!! That sucked.
    Wow - what a game. I have no idea why they sent Pedroia either in that spot, but the A's infielder Crosby threw a dead strike after a great throw from the outfield. That play had to have been perfect to get him - and unfortunately, it was more than perfectly executed.

But, the Sox sent out a half-assed lineup tonight, against one of the AL's best pitchers, and after traveling all night after a 4 hour game the night before, and with the top two guys in the bullpen not available, the best the A's could do was win in 11 innings. Not that big a deal, we'll get them tomorrow.
    Why not let Okajima pitch last night? Tough loss but I agree I think we will settle in better today.

Did you guys catch Arod napping off of second base last night? He did his Willie Mays Hayes immitation from Major League trying to slide back to second on that double play, came about a foot short in his slide back to second. image
    lets go red sox!
    Halfway through game 2 against the A's and it seems to me that the Red Sox hitters just don't have their hearts in it right now. Either that or they are just too exhausted to make it look that way.
    We are going to have this happen! We cant win EVERY series and EVERY game, it SUKS watching them play like crap but Dice threw a good game! Lets regroup, get our heads out of our a$$ and get back to steamrollin' the AL!
    You are right about that perkdog - Dice-K pitched a nice game, but the bats just couldn't get going. I don't remember the last time I saw so many double plays ending scoring chances. That can't keep happening. I think they score a good amount of runs tonight.
    I am looking for 10 runs tonight.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The Red Sox got a bad break with this schedule - they played on Sunday night's ESPN game, and had to leave around 1am to travel to California, to play that night. Tito had some comments about it - and he's right. That's probably why no Lowell, Lugo, Varitek, or Crisp tonight.

Papelbon is overrated? image Okay, whatever you Yankee fans have to say to keep from jumping off the ledge. And, speaking of those bumbling Yankees - does anyone in major league baseball make more game-ending outs with the tying or winning runs on base than Derek Jeter? It's amazing, over and over again he does this, and all you hear is how "clutch" he is. >>

Every team in the league has been getting crazy schedule quirks. That is how it is with a unbalanced sked. I understand you feel your precious Red Sox are getting the shaft though ...

Paplebon is over rated. He has not done a thing in this game yet besides fall apart late in the season. Look for that to happen again image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• I am looking for 10 runs tonight.

Right now I am looking at 0 runs. image I hope it holds.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
    I'd settle for 4 at this point...
    Mike
    Bosox1976
    I don't have anything good to say right now.
    Not much we can say except were flat right now, right? We will bounce back, we are too much of a good team not too, Im not concerned at all.