Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

The Official Anything "T-206 Thread"

Comments

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭
    that carey is beautiful great card
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    I recently began working on this set after picking up a few at the National. Mainly picking them up in PSA 1 or 2 or SGC 10 or 20. Trying for cards with nice fronts but back issues. Went ahead and got this one since it's my favorite, was able to use the Bing Cashback for a 15% discount.

Stuart

• Options
    lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭
    Stuart

That Cobb is a beaut.....congrats!

Scott
  • Options
    Very nice Stuart!
    Dr S. of the Dead Donkeys MC
  • Options
    Thanks guys. Looking forward to showing off some cards and gaining some knowledge. This will be a slow process, collecting as money allows, but one i'm pretty excited about it. I do have these 3 cards to trade if anyone has some in similar condition.

Stuart

• Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Stuart those look very nice your off to a really nice start.
  • Options
    Picked up my first SL'er. It has tape on the back as well as a stamp, but a pretty nice front.

Stuart

• Options
    Now, that's spooky! Here's my first SLer -- picked up a couple of weeks ago.

I've also been picking up 150-only subject since they all seem to have a pretty interesting story. Powers apparently died of an injury he received on opening day.

• Options
    Great cards guys, especially love the Powers......one of my favorite cards in the set.

A few more additions.

imageimage

Best,

Scott
  • Options
    I am selling my t-206's...

I will offer them here before I put them up on ebay..Pleaase make me an offer for what you want.

If you are interested in any of my cards please feel free to pm me or email me at:

mantle52topps@sbcglobal.net

I am not having a fire sale but all fair offers will be accepted.

My set can be seen here:

Link to T-206's
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    So happy with this card, I think it's just sick looking. Small pinhole in the upper left corner........

Best,

Scott
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Wow -- that Cy Young has to be the nicest 10 on the planet. Fantastic pickup.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    I agree I'll buy 10's/1's like that all day long!
    Congrats on a great card
  • Options
    that is a nice young

congrats!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

• Options
    i am looking for graded t206's psa1-2
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    Georgous Young!!

Here's my latest pickup - I'm very happy with it.

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Great Speaker!
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    A couple more HOF portraits -- both were x-overs, Walsh was a 3.5, Clarke was a 4. I was hoping that I'd get a 4 back, but no such luck. I now need just 5 HOF portraits to complete this subset.

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    The Walsh along with Doughtery are two of my favorite portrait cards from the T206 set. Nice one!!
  • Options
    Very nice American Beauty Tris Speaker. I'm finding how tough those are to find without a miscut. Yours is very nice.
    Learn some history of the game. Join a vintage base ball team in your area and get out there.
    Simsbury Taverneers
    My PSA Sets
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Very nice American Beauty Tris Speaker. I'm finding how tough those are to find without a miscut. Yours is very nice. >>

I agree. I've been looking for over a year for a nice PSA 4 American Beauty with even borders. So far, I've come up dry image

Steve
  • Options
    Thought I'd share the only American Beauty in my collection. It is actually the highest graded card in my collection and really doesn't fit ( I bouight it raw and was pleasantly surprised at the grade) . I'm hopeful to trade it some day towards a T206 I need. There are only a few left so maybe this and cash towards a low grade Demmitt or O'Hara.............

imageimage
  • Options
    nice pick up

always nice to get an unexpected grade
    Fred

• Options
    curchcurch Posts: 590 ✭✭✭
    Awesome thread. Its going to take me sometime to go through 80 pages but I will do it.

Anyway, my name is Joe Curcio. I am new to this site. I just got into collecting T206's. I am starting off with the NY Highlanders since the Yankees are my favorite team. I am only looking for ones that are already graded. The grade does not matter to me, as long as the card looks decent. I was able to pick up 7 of them already. I think that set has 29. After I complete that I will take it from there. I would love to get a Christy Matthewson since I am located near his home town. I look forward to keeping up with this thread and hobby.

Joe
    Always looking for vintage wax boxes!
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Awesome thread. Its going to take me sometime to go through 80 pages but I will do it.

Anyway, my name is Joe Curcio. I am new to this site. I just got into collecting T206's. I am starting off with the NY Highlanders since the Yankees are my favorite team. I am only looking for ones that are already graded. The grade does not matter to me, as long as the card looks decent. I was able to pick up 7 of them already. I think that set has 29. After I complete that I will take it from there. I would love to get a Christy Matthewson since I am located near his home town. I look forward to keeping up with this thread and hobby.

Joe >>

Hi Joe,
    Welcome to the boards! I don't live too far from Factoryville myself. It's well worth it to go through the 80 plus pages in this thread. It's great reading material.

Mark
  • Options
    not to mention some great pics!!
    my t-205's

• Options
    Thanks, I am looking forward to reading all the posts. I am at page 30 image I will post pics of my stuff as it comes on. I received my first card on Saturday. I am really enjoying this hobby though. I collected cards when I was young starting back in the early 80's until the early 90's. I then got into Starting Lineups and probably have one of the bigger collections including many prototypes. But now I noticed these and I have a feeling this can be dangerous image I remember seeing these when I was younger and could never even imagine owning a card like this.

Joe
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks, I am looking forward to reading all the posts. I am at page 30 image I will post pics of my stuff as it comes on. I received my first card on Saturday. I am really enjoying this hobby though. I collected cards when I was young starting back in the early 80's until the early 90's. I then got into Starting Lineups and probably have one of the bigger collections including many prototypes. But now I noticed these and I have a feeling this can be dangerous image I remember seeing these when I was younger and could never even imagine owning a card like this.

Joe >>

yeah that is one of the great things about ebay and the internet in general.
    my t-205's

• Options
    Hi, all...I got interested in this set recently and picked up a few cards in some eBay auctions the last couple of weeks. Any help on how to post pictures & I'd be happy to share some scans. I also ordered & started reading the book "The Card" about the PSA 8 Wagner. If anyone else has read the book, how much of it would you guys say is accurate? It was a red flag for me when the author states in the first chapter that a 33-year old and a 25-year old "had been frieds for decades." So.....how many decades would that be exactly? Anyway, any thoughts from you guys who have collecting this set are welcome...thanks!

Jasen
  • Options
    Jasen,

If you have a Photobucket account set up, call me and I'll tell you how to post scans here. I couldn't figure it out for a while either and finally did through trial-and-error.

When I started with this hobby last year, I soon bought the book "The Card" by Michael O'Keeffe about the T206 Honus Wagner. I read it with more fervor and rapidity than I've read any book in my life. I don't know how much of it was true. It was interesting regardless.

It's funny, I think of you as a football card collector first - same as I am. However, T206s won me over and I still buy them because they're just about the coolest, most classic-looking, chill-inducing cards that exist in any sport.

-Keith
  • Options
    Some new additions. All with the exception of the Brown were either bought raw or graded by PSA or GAI and crossed over. I left the crossovers all in the holder because I didn't care about minimum grades when the are graded this low, it just didn't matter to me. In case anyone is curious on the results:

Lajoie was a PSA 3. It has a spot of paperloss on the back so I knew it was a 30 at best.
    Bernhard was a PSA 1 bought from Felicia.
    Smith was a PSA 2.5 bought from Felicia.
    Lafitte was a GAI 3.5.
    Reagan, Cranston Mullaney, Persons, King, Coles, Bescher and Hickman were raw. I bought all of the SLers in one lot and was happy with the grades given what I paid.

Down to about 10 to go and then on to O'Hara and Demmitt!

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage

Best,

Scott
  • Options
    I am going to a card show tomorrow. Maybe I will find a few things. My wife and I were planning to take a trip up to Cooperstown on Saturday but now they are calling for snow. I was hoping to find a few things there too.
  • Options
    great looking cards!
  • Options
    beauties!!!!

congrats!
    Fred

• Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    Hi guys. I'm getting ready to start building this set. My collection will be mostly low-grade, raw cards (and graded when I find a deal). My goal is to build it team by team and then frame these and make displays out of them along with a team logo patch from that time period. First up is the St. Louis Cardinal team. If anyone has a cheap Cardinal or two to get me started please let me know. I'm on a pretty crappy budget and currently have a whole $20-$30 to spend. I guess that kind of rules out the O'Hara. image
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    well cardshow was a joke!
  • Options

<< <i>well cardshow was a joke! >>

i have noticed that if you want pre 1950's cards that most card shows suck.
    my t-205's

• Options
    yeah, I should have know better. I have been out of the loop for many years and I guess I just forgot how it was.
  • Options
    that is why i do not go to shows anymore.
    my t-205's

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For any of you that might be interested, I just scanned all my T206 hall of famers into the registry. My set is currently #17.

Link

Steve
  • Options
    started a new set recently....T206 HOF PORTRAITS.......here was the first addition!

just one of my all-time favorite cards! An Image that is piercing yet calming at the same time!

edited: STEVE, i just saw your HOF SET! very impressive! that is where i want to go with portraits only...
  • Options

<< <i>started a new set recently....T206 HOF PORTRAITS.......here was the first addition!

just one of my all-time favorite cards! An Image that is piercing yet calming at the same time!

edited: STEVE, i just saw your HOF SET! very impressive! that is where i want to go with portraits only... >>

Nice card Scott.........I used to own it! There's some provenance for ya image
  • Options
    Steve, very nice set and great to see all the scans -- thank-you!

Scott, I've been chasing HOF portraits for a couple of years now -- it is the most fun that I have had in a long time. During a dry spell, I decided to branch out a little and am now doing a HOF basic set -- but all portraits if one is available. My set resides here:

basic HOFers

I agree with you on the Johnson portrait -- it was also my first portrait and got me hooked. And, since you started out with a Sovereign back for the big train, I think you're gonna have to chase some backs, too! Best of luck with your chase.
  • Options
    wow, great collections!

I am down to to 12 Highlanders! image
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    My first venture into the world of T206. I can't wait to add more. image

imageimage
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    looks awesome! Great start. I will have to get some pics of mine up soon.
  • Options
    Here are the 10 that I need. Only looking for nice displayable cards but they don't have to be perfect.

Chase (Holding Trophy)
    Chase (Pink Portrait)
    Chesbro
    Demmitt
    Doyle
    Ford
    Frill
    Keeler (Portrait)
    Keeler (Batting)
    Warhop
  • Options
    My latest arrival.........

The Green Cobb is notorious for miscuts and this one obviously is but i doesn't really bother me. I was more concerned with a nice crisp crease free image and this card has that. The miscut helped drive the price down to an affordable level for me.

Scott
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Great Cobb, Scott. I really want a Cobb portrait and, like you, would gladly trade top-bottom centering for image quality. Your Lajoie (Throwing) displays really well, too. Gotta love sweater cards.

And sorry for again adding spam to this epic thread but, Joe C., I have a pink Chase available.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I think spam is always good if you are trying to help someone else out. I would be all over the Chase if it was graded by PSA. I am trying to put all PSA together. But thanks for letting me know.

Joe