Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

The Official Anything "T-206 Thread"

Comments

• Options
    Heritage,

I remember when I only had 1 card as well...then it was 2 and then three and so on..

Its a journey that has many enjoyable twists and turns..enjoy it and congrats on your growing T-206 collection.

Its an amzing time, its not a race nor a sprint, its a remarkable learning experience...we are here to help..enjoy the ride.

It's simply amazing.

Please share your pics Id love to see them..

Regards,

Felicia
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Thank you I will try and post scans this week or by the weekend.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Scott...you're almost thereimage

Heritage, Great start to your setimage I started my set (the second time) back in 2003 with the Ty Cobb portrait-red background. It took me about four years to get all the hall of famers (except Plank and Wagner of course), all in PSA 3-5. Over the last year or so, I've decided to try for the whole set. I'm up to 198 cards now (none of the toughies, except Kleinow and Dahlen) with a couple more on the way, so 200 cards in six years...about 320 more to goimage. That's the challenge and the fun of it though. Like Felicia said, it isn't a race or sprint. If anything, it's a Marathon. Even then though, to me it isn't even a race. It's just a long-term goal. I enjoy collecting baseball cards, and I want a project that isn't so easy that it's over before I feel like I've even started. Then when (if) it's finally finished, I can look back on it with a sense of accomplishment, and enjoy the cardsimage.

Felicia, great pickups. That's a nice O'Hara for the grade. Going with your Magie, you're starting the right way...get the tough ones out of the way firstimage

Steve
  • Options
    Thanks Steve I started my set with the Cobb Red Portriat myself. Well the was the first graded one.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Great stuff, everyone! Here are my two latest additions:

imageimage
  • Options
    gosteelers those are 2 really nice looking cards congrats.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    well i finally sent off my t206's on the last older special. the finally popped last night. so i have started my set as well.

will post some pics when i get them.

1 1 14664907 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1950 BOWMAN 118 CLAYTON TONNEMAKER Card US
    2 1 14664908 VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1950 BOWMAN 10 LARRY CRAIG Card US
    3 1 14664909 GOOD 2 1948 BOWMAN 108 BUFORD RAY Card US
    4 1 14664910 EXCELLENT+ 5.5 1954 BOWMAN 115 AL CARMICHAEL Card US
    5 1 14664911 VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1909-1911 T206 PIEDMONT RUDY HULSWITT Card US
    6 1 14664912 VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1909-1911 T206 PIEDMONT ED SUMMERS Card US
    7 1 14664913 VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1909-1911 T206 PIEDMONT HARRY ARNDT Card US
    8 1 14664914 VERY GOOD 3 1909-1911 T206 PIEDMONT ED LENNOX Card US
    9 1 14664915 VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1909-1911 T206 PIEDMONT CHIEF MYERS MEYERS, FIELDING Card US
    10 1 14664916 VERY GOOD 3 1909-1911 T206 PIEDMONT DICK EGAN Card US
    11 1 14664917 N1: EVIDENCE OF TRIMMING 1909-1911 T206 PIEDMONT LEFTY LEIFIELD BATTING Card US
    12 1 14664918 EXCELLENT 5 1909-1911 T206 POLAR BEAR HEINIE WAGNER BAT ON RIGHT SHOULDER Card US
    13 1 14664919 VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1909-1911 T206 POLAR BEAR JIMMY BURKE Card US
    14 1 14664920 GOOD 2 MK 1909-1911 T206 PIEDMONT FRED TENNEY Card US
    15 1 14664921 VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1909-1911 T206 SWEET CAPORAL JAKE PFEISTER PFIESTER, THROWING Card US
    16 1 14664922 POOR 1 1909-1911 T206 PIEDMONT AL MATTERN Card US
    17 1 14664923 VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1909-1911 T206 PIEDMONT BILL MALARKEY Card US
    18 1 14664924 POOR 1 1909-1911 T206 PIEDMONT RED KLEINOW N.Y., WITH BAT Card US
    Total Items: 18
    Date Received: 5/8/2009
    Date Shipped: N/A
    Order Status: OK

Too bad item 12 is Heinie Wagner!!! Man why couldnt they have given me a Mech Error on this one. They confuse about 10% of my other subs. The Marino Auto that comes back as Elway.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    i want to put up some pictures on one of my replies. i see the image icon, and it wants a url. is the only way to put up pictures in a thread to have a picture pulled from a website? i just have pictures on my hard drive and trying to put one in my reply. if someone can pm me some directions, that would be great. thanks.
  • Options
    great additions, everyone!

here are a few i just received

• Options
    some more

• Options

<< <i>i want to put up some pictures on one of my replies. i see the image icon, and it wants a url. is the only way to put up pictures in a thread to have a picture pulled from a website? i just have pictures on my hard drive and trying to put one in my reply. if someone can pm me some directions, that would be great. thanks. >>

First, you need to put the pictures on a photo-sharing website such as Photobucket. Then, you would just paste the Photobucket link into your post here, and the photos should show up.

Steve
  • Options
    Thank you Steve!
  • Options
    MajorDanby your cards look as good as they come. Do they have paper lose? They look Sweet for the grades!
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>MajorDanby your cards look as good as they come. Do they have paper lose? They look Sweet for the grades! >>

I was wondering that too?? Love the colors on those cards!!
  • Options
    thanks for the kind words. all cards have paper loss. joe's sportscards FINALLY auctioned off their inventory of low grade, high eye appeal T206's last month and i was able to cash in on some good deals.
  • Options
    Either way the cards look awesome good job on finding a deal on them.
  • Options
    benderbroethbenderbroeth Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    i got my first rare back an old mill southern leauger!! scans to come when i get the card
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    Latest addition to my Hindu back collection:

imageimage
  • Options
    That HINDO back is asweome! Did you fined it on Ebay or pick it up from a trade?
  • Options

<< <i>That HINDO back is asweome! Did you fined it on Ebay or pick it up from a trade? >>

Thanks. It was a PSA 3.5 crackout.
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Awesome card, Mark. Thought it was my old one for a second, which would've been cool. My back had the same kinda centering but its front had a bit more edge wear. The Steinfeldt and Overall portraits are two of my favorites so to get them with a Hindu back is extra sweet.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Thanks for the kind words, Steve. The Steinfeldt has such a nice, vibrant color to it, I couldn't resist it.

Mark
  • Options
    lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭
    A few more additions. The Williams put me at one more common to complete that portion of the set, Bill Malarkey, which I'm happy to say I've found and should have it soon! That leaves me with about 35 HOFers and SLers to go plus the Demmitt and O'Hara (and maybe a Magie) image

Bought the Stark in a PSA holder because I was itching to buy something....what's one more right!

imageimage

Best,

Scott
  • Options
    srs1asrs1a Posts: 398
    sorry to see this thread fall off the back, so here goes : )

Here are a couple of new ones that really brought a smile to my face when I opened the package saturday.

Dr S. of the Dead Donkeys MC
  • Options
    Awesome cards everyone!

The Malarkey completes the common portion of the monster for me. It's all SLers, HOFers and variations from here on out. I was happy to pick up a Shag. Those that actively collect the set know how difficult this card is to find.

Best,

Scott

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    ToneDToneD Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    Fantastic Bat Off Cobby! Congrats on a beautiful card. Enjoy. image
  • Options
    Ah man, there are so many fine cards' scans posted above. Since I joined the CU Message Boards, this has been one of my favorite threads to read - with no small help from the many scans that have been generously placed here for viewing enjoyment.

To me, T206s are one of the very few sets of cards that I almost think of as "magical". Once I read about T206 Portraits described as something that looks like a portrait that belongs on a wall above a fireplace. I feel that's a most appropriate description.

I don't have a T206 Registry, just a few scattered T206s in my "Top 250 Sportscards in the Hobby" Registry. Here's a card that any set devotee has seen countless times, yet it's a favorite from my collection:
  • Options
    So what's the T206 buzz at The National this year? Are there a lot of SGC / PSA / ungradeds? High end / low end? Are there any rarities there like T206 Planks? What about Honuses for sale at The National - or are the "Holy Grails" strictly on display?!?
  • Options

<< <i>So what's the T206 buzz at The National this year? Are there a lot of SGC / PSA / ungradeds? High end / low end? Are there any rarities there like T206 Planks? What about Honuses for sale at The National - or are the "Holy Grails" strictly on display?!? >>

***Crickets***

Alright, well I gather that not a single T206 changed hands at The National, and that Mr. Wagner was nowhere to be seen. image

Here's one of my T206s that I consider one of the Top Two from my collection. Additionally, in my opinion this is one of the best sports card designs ever conceived:

• Options
    ToneDToneD Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    I missed the National this year but I too would be interested in any T206 updates as well.
  • Options
    nice mathewson. arguably one of the best t206 portraits...that and the cobb red.
  • Options
    Very nice red Cobb and, I agree with the Major -- not much beats a Matty portrait and yours is sweet!
  • Options
    Fantastic cards everyone.
  • Options
    Cards are few and far between now..........image

• Options
    I said it once before, but PSA needs to offer a grading special on T206 in celebration of its 100 yr anniversary. That would add some action to this thread.
  • Options
    A couple more new ones...I really like both images.

• Options
    What a fine idea that is - PSA offering a T206 grading special in celebration of the 100th Anniversary. E-mail Cosetta.

Just to show how comely the Mathewson Portrait is, here's my "second string" Matty Port. It's inferior to my SGC 60 Matty Port posted earlier, but the design is so handsome that this is one card that fits the proverbial "It's a card that looks great in any grade".

• Options
    benderbroethbenderbroeth Posts: 1,699 ✭✭

<< <i>What a fine idea that is - PSA offering a T206 grading special in celebration of the 100th Anniversary. E-mail Cosetta.

Just to show how comely the Mathewson Portrait is, here's my "second string" Matty Port. It's inferior to my SGC 60 Matty Port posted earlier, but the design is so handsome that this is one card that fits the proverbial "It's a card that looks great in any grade".

image >>

this is my very fave card from this set! i sooo want one...but today i got my John McGraw i am so excited.
    my t-205's

• Options
    BigRed7BigRed7 Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    That would be cool to see your T206 McGraw here. I guess it will be a surprise as to which pose it is. My favorite McGraw poses are, in order:
    #1: John McGraw Portrait No Cap (classic!)
    #2: John McGraw Portrait With Cap
    #3: John McGraw Glove At Hip
    #4: John McGraw Finger In Air (also one of the stangest names for a sportscard ever)

I do know some people, including my best friend, that prefer the Portrait With Cap to the others. -Keith
  • Options
    i will try to get a scan up, it is the one you like most, i love it.
    my t-205's

• Options
    Nice 206's guys. The Herzog looks great.
  • Options
    Trying to keep this thread from getting buried is tough on the wallet!

I viewed Titus is a must have -- the mustachioed wonder of the T206 set.

I also think the Burch is a very nice looking card.

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Herzog, Latham, Titus and Burch - probably four of my favorite 10 or so commons. The Titus tends to be a hair out of register - and I wanna gouge my eyes out when I see a T206 whose colors are even 0.3 mm out of alignment - but that one is really sharp.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Herzog, Latham, Titus and Burch - probably four of my favorite 10 or so commons. The Titus tends to be a hair out of register - and I wanna gouge my eyes out when I see a T206 whose colors are even 0.3 mm out of alignment - but that one is really sharp. >>

I know what you mean. I can't stand it when I see a nicely-centered and otherwise sharp T206, but whose registration requires 3-D glasses to see clearlyimage

Steve
  • Options
    thanks Steve, I hope you are well.

And, on the subject of 3D glasses and eye gouging -- here's my contribution. This card wasn;t out of register when I bid on it, when it arrived in the mail, I learned a powerful lesson about drinking and eBAY! I need to move this one along.

• Options
    That Al Burch card above is terrific. The Burch background is memorable and almost haunting. The name "The Monster" is most appropriate for this set because I still see cards that I have not seen before - and it will happen again. There are some really fine-looking scans here.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That Al Burch card above is terrific. The Burch background is memorable and almost haunting. The name "The Monster" is most appropriate for this set because I still see cards that I have not seen before - and it will happen again. There are some really fine-looking scans here. >>

Rumour is that is the Statue of Liberty on the Burch card.
  • Options
    Awesome cards boys!

Getting closer.........

imageimage

Have a safe holiday everyone!

Best,

Scott
  • Options
    Very nice additions Scott. I particularly like the Carey.