Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

The Official Anything "T-206 Thread"

Comments

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Nice cards Martuk, colors are great!!

Still looking for an answer as to why some cards that are currently being graded are put in plastic sleeves prior to holdering and some not??
  • Options
    lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭
    Martin

Great additions....Congrats!!

Sting

I'm not sure why they would do that. Perhaps they were cards submitted for bumps, got them and PSA just decided to leave them as they were in the plactic sleeves.

I have a bunch of stuff coming in the mail but this one just arrived and thought I'd post it.

Best,

Scott
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    This is one I posted in RAW form last month. Just got it back from PSA. Was hoping for a "7", but it's in a "6" holder.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Not saying anything bad about you. I am suprised that it did not get an "Eved. Trim". The top and sides look straight but a close look at the bottom and it really angles upward, no??
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    DB - that's a great looking 6!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>DB - that's a great looking 6! >>

THANKS! I really thought it had a shot at a "7". But I'll take the "6". Looks real good!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Glad to see this thread gaining a little momentum.

Martin - I knew your cards were going to look great given the source and they didn't disappoint. That Keeler is beautiful.

DB - That is a great looking card.

Singray - I image if the top of DB's card were more visible the diamond cut would be more apparent.

Scott - That speaker is so bold. Is that a surface wrinkle or a crease on the bottom middle of the card? I'm assuming that's what kept it from being a 50.

With all that said here are my newest additions to the Boston National Super Set. Now at 58 of 174.

• Options
    This is a great page of additions so far.

Lamont - great looking Speaker

Dboneesq - thats a great grade for what was a Raw card (I only have one 6 in my entire collection and thats a little OC looking)

Tim - how those 6's do not grade higher I'll never know - they look superb and a Drum back = OUTSTANDING!!!! In fact you have five cards with five different backs - nice!
    My t206 collection can be seen here

The aim is to add one card per week to the collection....
  • Options
    My most recent pick-ups....

Baker with an American Beauty 350 / No frame back

Davis with a SC 150 / Factory 649 overprint back

Wallace with a Sovereign 350 back

these things are addictive!
    Dr S. of the Dead Donkeys MC
  • Options
    Wow, that image on the Wallace portrate is great. It almost has a 3D effect the longer I stare at it!!
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭
    they are addictive, i just have't been able to add any lately, but when i do i want them all

nice pick up, pretty cards
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Awesome cards everyone...

While I have been concentrating on other sets...(71's 90% done) I did notice Scott Levy was selling part of his complete set to upgrade and offered a bunch up for sale (over on the net54 boards).

I did purchase a bunch from him (57 psa graded t-206's) and am waiting for the box to get here.

So for any of you looking for a few you may want to contact him...as of this posting he still has 282 of them left.

here is the link to his posting:

link to t-206s for sale
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    So which one of you T206 collectors is going to buy the STL. Demmett PSA 6 that is on Ebay??
  • Options
    IJustLoveCards - you bought 57 cards from the Levy's - WOW!!!! Thats really going to shoot you up the Registry board. I have purchased two from them so far with two more reserved.

Stingray - I think the Demmitt will be a little out of my price rangeimage

I did get this in today though - not the best looking front but the back makes up for itimageimageimage

• Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    i have probably seen this thread before but never took a look until this months special. i had bought some t206 years back probably 10 years or more off the old Teletrade auctions. with the special that PSA has i am going to send them in. i have roughly 12 or so.

since i havent read the thread in its entirity yet i do have a question that has probably been asked and answered maybe more than once. is any confident in buying ungraded t206's off ebay?
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    jradke4-

When I first began collecting T206 I would only buy graded cards but have since become more educated about the real and the fake cards.

I suggest you buy some raw low grade commons from a very reputable seller. Then buy some T206 reprints and spend some time comparing the two. Everything from the fonts used to how the cards feel.

There are several places you can go online that have a lot of helpful tips on spotting reprints but your own experience handling the cards will be your best guide.

I still will only buy raw from a seller that has a great reputation or I know.
  • Options
    Thought I would post this here too, bought from board member packman:

• Options
    NIce cards everyone. Glad to see the thread continuing. I have a bunch of commons and maybe a HOFer or two to scan but thought I'd throw this one up. A nice 20 (no visible creasing) at a really fair price considering one just sold on ebay for $399 with a huge chunk of paperloss on the front. Ranked as the 8th hardest card in Scot Reader's Inside T-206 behind behind the Wagner, Plank, Cobb/Cobb back and the 4 variations. Happy to get this toughie out of the way.

Regards,

Scott
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Guys those are some nice cards you have there.
    I am starting to pick up a couple off and on. I hope to put a nice group off T-206 together a little at a time.
  • Options

<< <i>Guys those are some nice cards you have there.
    I am starting to pick up a couple off and on. I hope to put a nice group off T-206 together a little at a time. >>

Welcome to the boards. I hope too that I can start getting a few more from this set.
  • Options
    Thank you for the Welcome, I'm looking forward to meeting new collectors like yourself.
  • Options
    lamont - very very nice Elberfield - one of the tougher cards in the set!!

Two more for my collection and broken the 100 barrier (101 now):

imageimage

• Options
    The cards look great in the holders...I really like the Evers!
    Those are some nice looking psa 4's
  • Options
    Got around to scanning my new arrivals. Mostly boring commons except for the Tinker. Special thanks to abravefan for the Clancy. Thanks Tim!

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage

Best,

Scott
  • Options
    They look great in the SGC holder also. I know some are commons But I'd sure love to own them,nice pickups.
  • Options
    This is my baby..I only own about 12... T-206 But this is the highlight for me anyway.

Sorry Guys If someone could tell me how to post the scan I will try and do it!
  • Options

<< <i>This is my baby..I only own about 12... T-206 But this is the highlight for me anyway.

Sorry Guys If someone could tell me how to post the scan I will try and do it! >>

Here you go Heritage. Sweet card!

• Options
    Thank you image not sure what I'm doing wrong but thanks for your help!
  • Options
    Heritage-

I have found the following to be the easiest way to insert scans into my posts.

Get a Photobucket account. www.photobucket.com

Upload your photos into an album.

Copy the "IMG" tag line and paste it into your post.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Great cards guys!! Ihave a question concerning someof the NY National cards. What is up with the sweater that I see on many of these players. It looks like two different pieces of material sown together. I have tried to located a real picture but with no luck.
  • Options
    I bought a bunch here are 2 of them, I updated my set on the registry and I am slowly moving up

The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    Those are 2 sweet T-206's..... The Walter Johnson and Christy Mathewson look great in the psa holders.

George
  • Options
    IJust Lovecards

Awesome additions - the Mathewson is fantastic!

• Options
    On your Walter Johnson and the Mathewson, it looks like both cards have the same background. They're both terrific, and it's probably difficult for you to stop looking at them. Congratulations on them and moving up on the Registry. I may join the T206 Registry sometime.

Nerd alert, and full admission - I had my T206 Cy Young Portrait PSA 4.5 on my night stand last night so I could look at it a few mintues before going to sleep.
  • Options
    benderbroethbenderbroeth Posts: 1,699 ✭✭

<< <i>

Nerd alert, and full admission - I had my T206 Cy Young Portrait PSA 4.5 on my night stand last night so I could look at it a few mintues before going to sleep. >>

been there done that with my clemente rookie
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    Felicia - Great looking cards. Your Matty is beautiful.

Here's my latest pickup and aquirred via a trade to boot. This brings me to 65/174 for the super set.

• Options
    I love that back..cycle..ohh how sweet
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    A scan can only show so much, but that Johnson looks so much nicer than the Matty. Both nice cards, though. I just picked up a Coupon of the Johnson and have kinda been on the lookout for a Dark Cap Matty.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Steve,

I thought the same thing at first, but once you get past the corners I think either the registration or a possible back issue is what held the Johnson back. In the end it doesn't matter, they are both great looking cards.
  • Options
    I actually thought the registration on the Johnson wasn't too bad, relatively speaking. It's one of the cards that often seems to have a fuzzy image. The Joss pitching and Frank Baker seem to be the same way.
  • Options
    Felicia

Great cards. Just stunning.

Tim

Congrats on knocking another one off the list.

My latest favorite card. Low grade but one that I think presents nicely.

Picked these up at the Philly show. Dealer had a sign on them that said ask for a deal so I did and was able to get them for $130. A little higher than ebay but a decent "show deal." I was just happy to find some commons that I needed (need less than 25 now) and to be able to walk out with something.

imageimage
    imageimage

Regards,

Scott
  • Options
    I think that's a decent Cobb for the grade. I'm hoping to find one myself in the 20-30 ballpark that looks clean. And if I didn't mention it previously, I was skimming through this page and saw your Speaker - sick! The color on it is about as good as you can get. I love that card when the blue is as perfect as yours.
  • Options
    Steve

Thanks for the kind words, they are much appreciated.

Off to Vegas for my 10th year of March Madness. I'd like to win enough coin for a nice green Cobby!

Regards,

Scott
  • Options
    heres a toughie I just bought..I know its a lower grade but I can always sell and upgrade later..I needed this one and it doesn't come around to often and I like that it is centered

• Options
    Congratulations of a toughie Felicia.

When I saw that card listed I looked at a lot of past PSA 1 sales to estimate a value and the card you bought looks a lot better than any other 1 I could find.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Very nice O'Hara! They seem to come up in less frequency than the card it gets associated with, Demmitt. I don't have access to VCP. Does anyone have recent price data available between O'Hara and Demmitt?

Mark
  • Options
    gosteelers,
    I agree with you about the comparison of o'hara and demmitt. I think Demmitt shows up more often, and thus O'hara sells for about 50% more. Recenly on ebay a raw Ohara and Demmitt were sold and the O'hara went for about double the Demmitt. The O'hara would probably get about a PSA 1.5-2 and the Demmitt was about a 1-1.5. I have bid up to a grand on graded Demmitts (PSA 1, PSA 1MK, and an SGC 20) about 3 times and been beaten each time. I am regretting the raw Demmitt I passed on for $1000 that was a candidate for a PSA 2-3 a year ago.
  • Options
    Some superb additions on this page already. Two more in my quest:

imageimage

• Options
    I have a suggestion for PSA in regards to the T206 set. I think they should have a grading special (for the rest of 2009) for T206 cards to celebrate the set's centennial. Make it like $5 per card for a minimum of 10 to 20 cards. ($5 x 20 cards = $100 = Centennial Special). What better way to celebrate the monster's Birthday?

I'm not a major player in the collecting business, so if any of you out there are, maybe you could put this idea in PSA's ear for us little guys!
  • Options
    One more for the HOF subset: