Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

The Official Anything "T-206 Thread"

Comments

• Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    I know a new thread was started for it specifically but I figured I'd throw the link up here for your convenience anyway.

T206 Wagner PSA 5(MC)
  • Options
    Am I mistaken or is that the card that sold at the Mastro live auction at the National this year?
  • Options

<< <i>Am I mistaken or is that the card that sold at the Mastro live auction at the National this year? >>

That would be a correct assumption.
  • Options
    Considering the opening bid amount he sure is looking to make a nice lick on a quick flip.
  • Options
    Probably just showing it off for the attention.

This just about sums it up...
  • Options
    ToneDToneD Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    Bought this one today. I just love fat bordered T206's

• Options
    Mordecai was great considering the disaster he had for a pitching "hand". If I remember correctly he had the 3rd lowest career ERA of all-time with something rediculous like a 2.08 or something close to that.
  • Options
    ToneDToneD Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    You are correct. Brown has the 3rd best career ERA @ 2.06.

On June 13th, 1905, Brown and Christy Mathewson hooked up in one of the greatest pitching duels ever. Brown surrendered just one hit but came out the loser, 1-0, when Mattty held the club hitless. It turned out to be the last time Matty bested Brown until 1909. In between, Brown topped the great Matty nine straight times. Pretty cool.
  • Options
    And another Brown

Dr S. of the Dead Donkeys MC
  • Options

<< <i>You are correct. Brown has the 3rd best career ERA @ 2.06.

On June 13th, 1905, Brown and Christy Mathewson hooked up in one of the greatest pitching duels ever. Brown surrendered just one hit but came out the loser, 1-0, when Mattty held the club hitless. It turned out to be the last time Matty bested Brown until 1909. In between, Brown topped the great Matty nine straight times. Pretty cool. >>

Yup, Brown owned Matty. He's one of my favorite deadball era players.
  • Options
    Here's a little Christmas present I bought myself.

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Nice! I still owe myself a birthday present...then I'll think about a holiday card as well.

Nice Browns, by the way, fellas.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Hey Guys,

Not a big T-206 collector, but had a a couple dozen graded ones over the years and they are nice cards. Came across this one the other day in my raw collection. Going to send it into PSA next month along with others. What do you guys think about it?

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Assuming it's not trimmed or rejected as miscut, which is probably more likely with SGC than with PSA based on my own experiences, I'd give it a 6. It might not fetch a PSA 6 price on the open market, though, because of the funky cut. I actually kinda like it, but I'm probably in the minority.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Yaw ... thanks for your opinion!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    abravefan - awesome pick-up - I see you finally found a Broadleaf back for your Braves set!!!image

Last three and only additions for a while:

Christmas present from my girlfriend

Picked up amazingly cheap

Again won at a low price
    My t206 collection can be seen here

The aim is to add one card per week to the collection....
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is my latest T206 Hofer pickup...

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭
    great looking cards all, wish i could jump in on some, but always nice to look at
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to bump this up with a card I just picked up:

• Options
    That is a great looking T206. Love the centering and registration on it.

Donato
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

• Options
    lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭
    Great pickups guys! Time for some boring commons with a few SLers mixed in.

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage

Hope everyone had a safe and happy new year!

Best,

Scott
  • Options
    Scott,
    Very nice cards!

Mark
  • Options
    Really like the way this SGC 40 presents:

• Options
    Mark - That isn't a 350 Factory 25 back per chance is it?

I agree it presents very well for a 40. Nice rich color.
  • Options

<< <i>Mark - That isn't a 350 Factory 25 back per chance is it?

I agree it presents very well for a 40. Nice rich color. >>

Braves Fan,
    Yes, it is a S/C 350 Factory 25 back.

Mark
  • Options
    Mark-

If you decided to sell that card and I haven't found another one first, please let me know. I need that one for my super set.

Tim
  • Options

<< <i>Mark-

If you decided to sell that card and I haven't found another one first, please let me know. I need that one for my super set.

Tim >>

Tim,
    Will do. I'll keep you in mind first if I decide to sell.

Mark
  • Options
    great additions, everyone.

and a happy birthday to T206!
  • Options
    Thanks to Yawie, I was able to add this jewel to my Hindu back collection. Thanks Steve!

imageimage
  • Options
    spam alert ebay auction #220343383268 t-206 vic willis throwing psa 5.my card in my dads ebay store.thanks for looking.gil
  • Options
    ends in 4 hours.gil
  • Options
    Great pickups everyone - like the Hindu back a lot.

Four more commons for the set - approaching card 100.....

imageimage

imageimage

• Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭
    Here are a few I forgot I had. A few of them have a slight yellowing / glue residue as seen on the reverse of the one card. Unfortunately, the Bender is one of those. The Chance does not have glue residue but does have the slightest paper loss on the reverse. Otherwise, these would grade high I think.

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Those have great eye appeal!
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Just wouldn't be right for the T206 thread to go a full week without a new post. So I will finally post a lot of 8 that I picked up with some Christmas present money.

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage
  • Options
    Nice pick up on the raw T206, as Marc said they have some nice eye appeal.

Donato

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    I love the look of some of the portrait cards, the look more like a real picture and do not have the cartoon look of some of the other full body shots of other T206s.
  • Options
    anyone gonna try the 2800+ master set?
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    Milbroco-

You have some really beautiful cards there. With that being said I don't profess to be a grader, but your Bender is probably trimmed and several others may be as well. Does anyone else think so?

Tim
  • Options

<< <i>Milbroco-

You have some really beautiful cards there. With that being said I don't profess to be a grader, but your Bender is probably trimmed and several others may be as well. Does anyone else think so?

Tim >>

After a closer look, you may be right. It looks a little short and narrow compared to some of the other cards around it. With that said, I know there is some variation in the sizes of T206, so it may just have been cut smaller, just like some I've seen are cut larger and have wider borders.

Donato

• Options
    Hi Tim,
    I think the Bender may just look that way because the way it is laid out on the scanner. The Lajoie seems the best bet to be trimmed if at all. In person it seems like it may be a little wavy whereas the others do not. I don't see the others as possibly being trimmed but I am no expert. Maybe I should submit them this month. No matter what, still a prety good buy for an average cost of about $1.50 each. Bought these probably about 1983 when someone answered an add I had in the Sports Collectors Digest about buying T-206's.
    Bob
  • Options
    I don't have the Bender handy right now to check but the American Beauty cards are definately more narrow that oyer backs. I will see if I can find it and post what back it is.
  • Options
    Milbroco-

If you got those cards for $1.50 each you got a great deal whether any of them are trimmed or not. It can be really difficult to tell from a scan whether a card is truly trimmed or not. The Bender looked a little off to me, but again I stress I'm not an expert. It could be the way it's setting in the scan but it looked more diamond cut on the bottom than on the top.

If you look on page 67 of this thread I have a Sweeney American Beauty that several people commented they thought was trimmed but I was assured by the seller it was not. It's at SGC right now and we should know in a few days what the pro's think.

Again for the price you paid and regardless of the borders, the images on your cards are beautiful.

-Tim
  • Options
    Yes they do look nice don't they. I really like the Chance. Just a shame about the light glue residue though.
    As I mentioned previously, the American Beauty (both with the frame and without) cards are definately more narrow than the others so I would not worry about the Sweeney.
    Bob
  • Options
    milbroco - those cards do have fabulous eye appeal and were a great pick-up!!!

one more to add - my 96th card overall:

• Options
    Great stuff, guys. Let's keep this thread going:

imageimage
  • Options
    lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭
    AWESOME card Steelers!
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Question for the T206 guys. Why are some cards still put in the plastic sleeve before being slabbed?? I have seen new .5 graded ones that have them. Are they just a preference of the person sending in the card to PSA??

• Options

<< <i>Great stuff, guys. Let's keep this thread going:

imageimage >>

Great looking card! Would be a nice addition to anyones collection.

• Options
    Two new additions for the set - BIG Additions for me....

Currently - 98/524.