Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

The Official Anything "T-206 Thread"

Comments

• Options
    purduepetepurduepete Posts: 790 ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty psyched about picking this card up on eBay recently...

imageimage

I don't know if I overspent for it or not - but I needed it for the White Sox T206 team set (with each card having a different back) that I'm putting together.

Hopefully, it will cross over to the same grade with SGC. I'm not certain it will though; there is a surface wrinkle on his cheek that runs from his ear to his collar, along with a scratch on the right side of the card. Although the back scan shows what looks like paper loss (the "i" in "Series"), there is actually none. Regardless, I'm glad to have it! image
    Tom

Collecting: Topps 1952-79, Bowman 1952-55, OPC 1965-71, and Pre-War White Sox cards
  • Options
    srs1asrs1a Posts: 398
    Pretty card Purdue, I really like ABs that are centered side/side.

This was the last card I needed for my basic HOF set (no Wags or Plank), I'm very happy with it.

I also picked up this character recently.

Sorry about the big images image
    Dr S. of the Dead Donkeys MC
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    nice shag!!!!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    benderbroethbenderbroeth Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    we love the big pics..lol
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭
    Bump for the guys looking for this thread.

Best,

Scott
  • Options
    thanks for some reason i could not find it.
    my t-205's

• Options
    BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    Just a heads up.

Today I listed a bunch of PSA2-PSA4 HOF'ers on the BST board. Take a look.

Text
  • Options
    paleocardspaleocards Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
    Here are my first four T206s, all with different backs (I'm collecting these now since I've just started the HOF Complete registry set that requires cards from their playing days). Quick question: what percentage over SMR or VCP does a non-common back provide to a card? In particular, Old Mill, Sovereign and Polar Bear vs. Piedmont & Sweet Cap. Thanks for your input in advance!

• Options
    slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    Thought I'd share this in case anyone hasn't seen it yet: T206 iPhone App
  • Options
    purduepetepurduepete Posts: 790 ✭✭✭
    Bumping this thread with a couple of recent pickups.... for a master team set that I have decided to undertake.

Tom

Collecting: Topps 1952-79, Bowman 1952-55, OPC 1965-71, and Pre-War White Sox cards
  • Options
    fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    thought some of you may want to see this, I dont own it, Ive had the scan for a few years now.

Its a real card (not photoshopped)

A truly "Orange" Ty Cobb..... not one of those orangish-red ones some call "orange"

• Options
    vettfanaticvettfanatic Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    That first post is such a great read. Very motivating if your thinking about starting this set. Would be curious on an update from the original poster 5 years later.
  • Options
    yeah wow this great thread died
    my t-205's

• Options
    jp1216jp1216 Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Never should a great thread die.....

My set: T206 Set

Very low grade, but a blast to collect. Soooo close...
  • Options

<< <i>Never should a great thread die.....

Very low grade, but a blast to collect. Soooo close... >>

awesome!!!
    my t-205's

• Options

<< <i>Never should a great thread die.....

Very low grade, but a blast to collect. Soooo close... >>

Great stuff! Also really like the Cleveland team set. I'm trying to do a similar type set in PSA...anybody have any T206's of Cleveland players they might sell or trade? image Not a nice site like yours, but the 206's I've picked up are at the front of this bucket.
    Cleveland Oldies
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    jp, i looked at your set..nice! how long you been at it? will you ever get a big 4?
  • Options
    Here are three I picked-up last year:

imageimageimage
  • Options
    ToneDToneD Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    Nice Speaker! Nice centering and color. That one is on my list to get one of these days.
  • Options
    jp1216jp1216 Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Down to 4 now. Low grade (very low grade). Basic 514 with Wagner and Plank reprints. The end is very near....
    Cleveland set took about a year and a half. Still a work in progress. Someday will have 25 different backs....

My T206 set and want list
  • Options
    just purchased my first T-206 today on eBay. Here we go.......
  • Options
    Scarlem21Scarlem21 Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    Nice cards everyone! Here's a link to my modest collection of T-206 hall of fame players (and a Hal Chase!)

The JB Collection
  • Options
    My first card of the set came in the mail today....

• Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭
    ^^^ Nice card, goodtricks. Good luck with however you decide
    to collect the set. T206 is like the mafia... once you're in, it's almost
    impossible to get out! image

Here's my most recent addition to my HOFer subset, and I also finally
    acquired a card that was formerly in Mr. Carter's collection...

• Options
    Yesterday's Mail:
  • Options
    wow, last time i posted on this thread was nearly 3 years ago. my does time fly by. anyone know what happened to steve, doug, scott, joe, ray, and the many others who were active in this thread many years ago? Or did life circumstances lead them astray, as it did for me? a shame this thread couldnt get another critical mass to keep it going - looks like it died around 2010.

anyway, im still "collecting" T206s - but, i had to stop about 2 years ago due to financial constraints. havent bought (or sold) a T206 since then.
  • Options
    benderbroethbenderbroeth Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    i am headed back into the foray!!! woot, i am planing to do a 30 card HOF portrait set, then display it in one of those 30 graded card displays
    my t-205's

• Options
    Posted this in the mail call thread earlier. But thought I'd post it here as well. Arrived this morning. Any other recent T206 pickups?

• Options
    Great Red Cobb ToneD! Here are my T206 pick-ups from the National. I don't know why the hobby values the T206 portraits more than the baseball poses; the latters' athleticism, backgrounds and colors are so much more attractive to me. I understand that many of the classic T206 portraits are based on Carl Horner original studio photographs and that can in part account for the differences in value. But how can you beat the aesthetics of these three? I wouldn't trade them straight-up for equivalently-graded portraits of Cobb, Lajoie and Waddell (and I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder!) Enjoy!

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Hello! I also plan on a 30 card HoF portraits set. Wagner and Plank will be reprints. My 1st one came in mail today. image I plan on getting a scanner very soon. Any suggestions?

Frank Chance portrait [yellow]
    The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound...That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options
    Morning T206 fans!!
    The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound...That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options
    I like that Chance. Nice start to your portrait run. I too need to get a good scanner. I know there have been some threads on scanners on the main board. Keep posting your new pick ups along the way. Next on my list is a Lajoie portrait. One of my favorites. Good luck!
  • Options
    Thank you Tone! I just picked up a Jimmy Collins and Eddie Collins. Im up to 3/32. I will post a picture tonight. Best of luck in the Lajoie search.

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options
    cool!!! i like the portraits best!!!
    my t-205's

• Options
    Here are my latest 2 pick-ups. I really need a scanner, I do my best to take pictures. image

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options
    nice looking cards!

I'm looking for psa graded Cleveland players for my never ending team project, if anybody has any image
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    I just got on this board but wanted to post my T206 Dutch Revelle graded SBC (the company that preceded SGC from 1989-1991) 98 Gem Mint that is up for bid on eBay. I have been collecting T206's for a while now and this is by far the finest conditioned card I've ever seen. The only reason I am selling it is I need money to start a company. The auction ends in less than an hour so get on there quick if you want it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1909-T206-Old-Mill-Dutch-Revelle-Card-SBC-98-Southern-League-/350601865886?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item51a17fea9e

• Options
    well hello everybody!! i feel like ive just found a home here!!

started collecting in 1983 and although i slacked off in the early 2000's i'm back!!
    i just moved from one home to another and for the first time really realized how many cards i have. sooooo many boxes and sooooo many cards that havent seen daylight in nearly 30 years. i live in defiance, ohio and im sure most of you have heard about the recent "black swamp find". no, it wasnt me image but i do know karl kissner and after speaking with him at his restaurant a couple weeks ago i got a bug up my butt and decided to finally take a stab at the "monster" or the "holy grail" or whatever ya'all calling it nowadays image

ive had a few t206's come and go over the years..... nothing to write home about, but i always loved them dearly. now i find this little piece of internet heaven and all of you that have the same passion about these cards as i do and i CAN'T WAIT to get started on putting the set together.

i'm not "rich" by any sense of the word, and money IS a factor here, but as we all know its the thrill of the ride that counts. i'll be coming off of a couple hundred thousand cards that ive been sitting on for 3 decades to help fund the journey so that's going to be a major help.

i've thought about going a step further and "trying" to get a complete set of one specific PSA grade but i think it would take a lifetime if i tried to get ALL 4's so i might stray from that thought a bit and pick up a few 3's and 5's as they come along.

any hints, help, suggestions as i get started??

i'm sure e-bay and the SCP auctions will be a staple on my laptop for the coming months, but if anyone has any extra 4's i would definitely be interested!!

i just bought my first 2 today so i figured it would be a great time to make a couple posts here and say hello!!
    WANTED:
    T206 PSA 4's
    PSA 10 Bill Freehan (any year)
    E-mail: stevekammeyer (at) gmail.com

Detroit Tigers for LIFE!!
  • Options
    Welcome!! I too just found the CU forums and after a long collecting break, and am it again. I am doing the t206 "portraits" HoF set. Wagner and Plank will have to be reprints. I am up to 6 thus far of the 32 in the set.

I think getting cards that appeal to you and stay within your budget will help you stay on track. Best of luck to you on your hunt.

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options

<< <i>Welcome!! I too just found the CU forums and after a long collecting break, and am it again. I am doing the t206 "portraits" HoF set. Wagner and Plank will have to be reprints. I am up to 6 thus far of the 32 in the set.

I think getting cards that appeal to you and stay within your budget will help you stay on track. Best of luck to you on your hunt. >>

thanks for the warm welcome!! BEST OF LUCK in your endeavor. you trying for any certain grades??
    i understand about the "getting cards that appeal to you" as creases are a major peeve of mine. severely off-center cards are as well and thats why i figure if im gonna do this, i might as well stay mostly in the 4's........... but it's early and the journey is long so we will see what i end up with!!

yeah this is GREAT........ but i feel naked over here..... been collecting for YEARS and just discovered this forum................ and the set registry........... which is the coolest thing since sliced bread, and a superb way to get some of us old schoolers back in the game. i guess things have changed dramatically in the past 10 years image

again, thanks for the welcome!! if i come across any HOF's (after i get my own of course) i'll be sure to post them here.
    WANTED:
    T206 PSA 4's

• Options

<< <i>Hello! I also plan on a 30 card HoF portraits set. Wagner and Plank will be reprints. My 1st one came in mail today. image I plan on getting a scanner very soon. Any suggestions?

Frank Chance portrait [yellow]
    image >>

i've had the epson stylus nx415 for a couple years now......... got it free with my laptop at bestbuy. scanner link

tonight is actually the very first time i used it to scan a card and i had it set at medium level (1200dpi) and this is what i got:

my sincerest apologies for disgracing this thread with this particular picture but it was a learning experience about my scanner and posting pics to this site.......... my only justification is that i was helping a fellow member at the same time image

WANTED:
    T206 PSA 4's

• Options
    Im staying with mostly 4's, but will have to drop to 2.5-3 for some of the bigger cards.

If you hurry and get some t206, you can replace that picture with say....a nice Addie Joss!image

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options

<< <i>well hello everybody!! i feel like ive just found a home here!! >>

Welcome to the boards!!! If you haven't checked it out yet, take a look at Net54 Baseball. It's a great venue to find T206 cards to purchase. Best of luck on your journey!!
  • Options

<< <i>Welcome to the boards!!! If you haven't checked it out yet, take a look at Net54 Baseball. It's a great venue to find T206 cards to purchase. Best of luck on your journey!! >>

thanks, thanks, and thanks!!
    WANTED:
    T206 PSA 4's

• Options
    i picked up 2 more today!!
    ill scan them as i get them delivered to me ....... not sure how long i can uphold this 2-a-day program but it sure is fun!! image
    WANTED:
    T206 PSA 4's

• Options
    just picked up a couple commons............... jim delehanty and rube oldring. both 4's

these were both ebay pick-ups and i wonder if we all cant get together and be sure we arent bidding against each other???

obviously im new and very gung-ho about putting together the set but if theres some of you that are further along and are looking for particular cards......... there just isnt much sense in us bidding against each other when i can wait................

just a thought as i will be ebaying like a mofo over the next few months and there just isnt much sense in me stepping on your toes.
    WANTED:
    T206 PSA 4's

• Options
    Tuesday night T206 bump!

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options

<< <i>Tuesday night T206 bump! >>

thursday night bump image
    WANTED:
    T206 PSA 4's

• Options
    Hi Steve,
    I see you are not set up to receive PM's (Personal Messages). If you are interested in a T206 Jesse Tannehill PSA 4, send an email to jct43@embarqmail.com for scans and pricing.

Regards,
    Charlie
  • Options

<< <i>Hi Steve,
    I see you are not set up to receive PM's (Personal Messages). If you are interested in a T206 Jesse Tannehill PSA 4, send an email to jct43@embarqmail.com for scans and pricing.

Regards,
    Charlie >>

yikes!! thanks charlie ..... i'll see what i need to do to receive pm's. my bad there, i thought i would automatically receive them.

email sent as im definitely interested!!
    WANTED:
    T206 PSA 4's