Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

The Official Anything "T-206 Thread"

Comments

• Options
    1000th post.

I'll show my T216 Kotton Cigarettes Art Fromme. Graded a PSA 3. Only 3 graded by PSA, and I believe it is the highest graded.

Released by Peoples Tobacco in Louisiana, these specimens are fairly rare and very difficult to find in decent condition due to the weather conditions they were exposed to and the use of poor card stock. This is a Type 1 variant with a glossy front, which makes it very susceptible to cracking and spider creases, none of which are on my card.

• Options
    A few new additions, nothing exciting but I did pick up another SLer:

imageimage
  • Options
    I was wondering if I could tap someone for any information on this Miller Huggins St. Louis variation. I collect Reds cards and picked this up in a lot of T206 Reds. I haven't found any information on it and the Becket Almanac/SC Digest doesn't mention a St. Louis variation on it. Thanks in advance for your comments.
    T206 Miller Huggins Front
    T206 Miller Huggins Back
  • Options
    cincy...the card is a t213 type 2.

some more info
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Nice Kotton, Eric. It looks familiar, but I can't remember if I once owned it or not. I've had quite a few T216's come and go. I'd love to add a Mino and Virginia Extra one of these days.

Since I'm on the subject of cards that get around, I'll start with an EPDG I just picked up from the aforementioned Eric. I guess "just picked up" is the wrong phrase, as it's been a few weeks. But after a bit of work to get my card-related files in order on my new hard drive, I finally fired up my scanner tonight and am working on updating my site. Anyway, here's a few recent highlights...

A new Southern Leaguer...

A new Hindu...

And a different Magee...

I can't really call it an upgrade since my last one was a former SGC 40 and I just busted this one out of a 20 holder, but I actually like the clarity on this one a little more. I'll probably keep my eyes peeled for a nicer copy, but I could certainly live with this one.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Did I do that?

• Options
    lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭
    Steve
    As usual, great pick ups...love the Magee. I just ended up winning a nice one IMO, I'll post a scan when it arrives. A few more additions. I won the Herzog on ebay for $21, great price for a card that usually gets a little more $ than a normal common. The Tannehill seems like a card you don't see as often as others, could be my imagination. Won that one for $30. Seller doesn't take paypal which turns some bidders off I guess.
    imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Steve
    As usual, great pick ups...love the Magee. I just ended up winning a nice one IMO, I'll post a scan when it arrives. A few more additions. I won the Herzog on ebay for $21, great price for a card that usually gets a little more $ than a normal common. The Tannehill seems like a card you don't see as often as others, could be my imagination. Won that one for $30. Seller doesn't take paypal which turns some bidders off I guess. >>

I can not remember when any PSA 3 sold for $21 on ebay. That was an amazing buy! You may be right about the no Paypal theory. I picked up a couple of PSA 2 Hall of famers on Ebay yesterday for what I thought was very cheap. I was thinking maybe it was because things are a bit slow the weekend before Thanksgiving, along with Saturday mornings have a bit less bidders around. By contrast, the ones I am looking to bid on tonight all seem to have healthy bids already.
  • Options
    Quick question. I have several psa graded T206 cards that I want to get reholdered with the backs noted on the front of the holders. Do I simply submit them at the reholder price or is there more to it?
  • Options
    The Herzog is a great card and one that does tend to sell for a bit more than other commons. I don't think it's tougher or anything, just cooler. (Parenthetical aside: I love coat and sweater cards so much that I bought a wool peacoat - my first ever proper, mature outwear, mind you - just so I could look like Jack Bastian this winter.) You did very well to get one at that price. So much of eBay is just lucky timing. I've had a bit of good fortune lately during off-peak auction closing hours.

sonora, you might want to dig around the PSA site a bit. When they announced the addition of back type to the labels, I think there was a promotional price on reholdering cards so that the cigarette brand could be added. I want to say it was $3 instead of $5, but I could be totally wrong about all this, and even if my memory is correct, the promo may have ended.

By the way, it's incredibly gauche of me to spam this thread, but I'm currently thinning the herd, so to speak: http://imageevent.com/yawie99/forsalefortrade/rawt206s. I'm certainly open to trade offers, as well.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭

i'm not actively looking to do the set (yet!) but i like picking up nice looking cards are reasonable price when i can. these cards are just too cool to avoid in my opinion and this thread doesn't help me at all. if anyone has any (graded or raw) at decent prices let me know.
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    psa 3 bad pic ! less $30 dlvd

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>psa 3 bad pic ! less $30 dlvd

image >>

Nice one looks like it has some great colors to it!!
  • Options
    very nice looking card for a PSA 3. Bad picks can really cost the seller a few bucks.
  • Options
    MajorDanby,

Thanks for the information. PSA could have used it since they slabbed it as a T206!

• Options
    Most recent purchase

Happy turkey day everyone!

• Options
    Major
    Unbelievable 2...........centering is fabulous.....congrats!!!
  • Options
    I sold my PSA 1 a while ago. Finally found a replacement. I paid top dollar++, but smartened up, this one will not go up for sale. Iwill keep it in my collection. Top left corner hurts a bit, but overall, not a bad card for psa-2.

• Options
    Great acquisition, man. Not that I collect for investment purposes, but I really think Demmitt and O'Hara will show more growth than any other T206's, as they're attainable enough for most set collectors to consider them needed pieces
  • Options
    There have been some great additions on the last 5 pages - not posted for a while so I ahve a couple of months worth of cards to add:

First horizontal card
    imageimage

imageimage

imageimage
    Second HOF card
    imageimage
    Second PSA 5
    imageimage

Now at 50/524 - almost 10%.......9 years to go minus the big four
    My t206 collection can be seen here

The aim is to add one card per week to the collection....
  • Options
    Oops double post
    My t206 collection can be seen here

The aim is to add one card per week to the collection....
  • Options
    Nice pickups Martin. Some good looking cards.
  • Options
    Steve,

Here's your T216 MINO that you were looking for. One of two I picked up recently. Has a glossy front. Pretty good looking card for the grade. The back is beautiful.

• Options
    Martin
    Nice pick ups.

Eric
    Good to see and hear from you my friend.

A few arrived today. I also have a Magee portrait and a PSA 4 Mike Powers with a SC 150 overstrike on the way.

Scott

imageimage
  • Options

This makes 2/3 Wagners!!!!!!!!!

and another tonight

• Options
    Scott,

Those are some good looking cards. That Hinchman is awesome for a 2!

Even though I'm not picking up any new T206's I'll be on here checking all of your guys' cards out. That set was the first vintage card type that I collected, so I'll always have a love for them.

Take care bro. Hope all is well with you.

-Eric
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Hey guys,
    Just got this Shaughnessy in the mail today. Anyone else ever get a back that has this on it? Yikes!

• Options
    I've picked up a few T206's recently, including my first SLer:

I'll post a few more scans when the cards arrive...

Doug
  • Options
    Here are 2 other cards I've picked up recently.

Doug
  • Options
    Doug
    Nice pickups....for some reason I've always liked the Hayden....don't have one yet. I was happy to pick this up the other day. Tough common because he died in 1909 (I think) and is only available in the 150 series.

Scott

imageimage
  • Options
    Thanks, Scott. The Hayden is new to me -- I don't know that I'd ever seen it before I picked it up.

That's a great Mike Powers card! I really like the 'catching' cards in T206, but I don't have one yet.

Doug
  • Options
    Here are some that I got in the mail today, including my first Tolstoi and my 7th HOFer! Also, my second AB back -- my first is in an SGC holder.

There were price tags on the first 2 that I shaded out. I picked up all of these on eBay, and the Griffith didn't have a cracked slab in the scan. I'm following up with the seller.

Doug
  • Options

<< <i>
    There were price tags on the first 2 that I shaded out. I picked up all of these on eBay, and the Griffith didn't have a cracked slab in the scan. I'm following up with the seller

Doug >>

Doug; Nice Pick ups. Looks like the Griffith holder got a little chewed up in the mail, but luckily the card is not damaged. When the Post office raised their rates, they also changed some of the machinery that processes the mail. I started to see an increase of damage to holders that I mailed and received in bubble envelopes. Maybe 1 out of 50 received damage, compared to almost none before the changes. Ironically, the better a seller insulates the envelope, the greater the chance of damage. If the envelope is too thick, it may get chewed up pretty bad. I started shipping in small boxes instead of envelopes to avoid the problem. A lot of sellers do not even become aware of this problem until they hear about it from the buyers. On the ones I sold, I gave full refunds, and had the cards reholdered before I resold them. Some sellers will not do that. Luckily, your damage was not too bad. That is a nice Tolstoi back; I would not want to return that card. Maybe if your lucky, the seller will give you some money towards reholdering it. Good luck, Joe.
  • Options
    Thanks, Joe. That's interesting to know regarding the new machinery at the post office. I've always preferred small boxes, particularly on higher priced items, and this reinforces that idea. That being said, though, this is the first time I've seen any damage caused in the mail, and this includes several hundred transactions on eBay.

In this case, the eBay seller refunded me the cost of reholdering the Griffith, so I'm happy. I've had a few transactions with this seller, and given my positive experience in this case, I'd recommend him to anyone. His eBay id is markirodenko -- he owns Outfield Sports Cards in Brownstown, MI.

Doug
  • Options
    I'm happy with this one, a nice 2:

• Options
    That's a great looking, 2, Scott!

Doug
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks, Joe. That's interesting to know regarding the new machinery at the post office. I've always preferred small boxes, particularly on higher priced items, and this reinforces that idea. That being said, though, this is the first time I've seen any damage caused in the mail, and this includes several hundred transactions on eBay.

In this case, the eBay seller refunded me the cost of reholdering the Griffith, so I'm happy. I've had a few transactions with this seller, and given my positive experience in this case, I'd recommend him to anyone. His eBay id is markirodenko -- he owns Outfield Sports Cards in Brownstown, MI.

Doug >>

I agree, damage is still a relatively rare thing. I have bought cards from that seller also, he always seems to have some nice T206 cards listed. He is a class act. It is always good to hear about a seller that will stand behind the sale! In fact I just opened a box of several T206's from him today. All arrived safe and sound.
  • Options
    That Magee looks awesome, man.

Stinks that the Griffith holder was chewed up in the mail, but at least the card wasn't ruined. Glad the seller's giving you a reholdering rebate, but damn, man: Protect your cards people! I had this arrive this week in just a large Priority envelope. No cardboard, no bubble wrap, no nuttin'.

• Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭✭✭
    very nice looking port
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    nice additions.

Added this one recently

• Options
    Here's my latest addition:

Doug
  • Options
    Hey Fellas,

Been a while since I posted. Still no new T206's.

However here's a Tobacco Card. Picked up another T216 Mino:

Anyway, have a happy holiday season everyone.
  • Options
    Doug
    Love that sweater on Duffy.....one of the cooler cards in the set imo

Eric
    Congrats on the Mino....how many cards in the set? You trying to complete it? What's the biggie $ wise in the set? I know nothing about it.

Steve
    That Matty is a CLASSIC....best portrait in the set!

A few no names as I hit the 30% mark.

imageimage
  • Options
    Guys
    Can anyone help me fix my signature? I tried to replace my link to my 41 Playball's to my T206's and now it's not working. Can anyone tell what's wrong by looking at it. All I did was delete my link to my 41's with my T206's and poof.....

Thanks.

Scott
  • Options
    Wow, Scott -- 30% already -- congratulations!

I think you can fix your signature by adding:

[/L]

after the 9999

Doug
  • Options
    That did it Doug....thanks buddy. I do have scans of all my cards if anyone wants to take a look.

Regards,

Scott
  • Options
    Great, Scott, I'm glad it worked. That's a great looking set!

Here are my latest:
  • Options
    Nice cards everyone.

Scott, That only makes 3 cards from the T216 set. I have 2 Mino's and 1 Kotton. I'm not going after the entire set, because it's way above my budget. I just wanted to get a few. I think there are a total of 100 player cards. I still want to get a Virginia Extra back and that will be it for me.
  • Options
    Eric
    I think after you get that Virginia Extra you should come back to the monster......she misses you!

Doug
    Great cards, that Willis is especially crisp! Are you collecting exclusively in 4 or better? I have a decent amount of 4's in my collection but have have mainly been buying 1-3's now. I really want to take a run at completeing this thing minus the big 4 and I think the only way for me to have a realistic shot is the 1-3 route.....or I could hit the powerball.

Scott
  • Options
    Thanks Scott. I'm looking mostly for 4's, but I have a handful of 3's, including 2 of my HOFers...I also have one common 5, but I don't generally go after those. Initially, I just wanted to have one T206, and decided to buy a 4. Then, I bought a few more 4s and decided to go after most of them in that grade. I'd like to upgrade my 3s at some point, but we'll have to see how it goes. Even without the big 4, I'm afraid of how much it will cost to do the set in PSA 4...

Doug