Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

The Official Anything "T-206 Thread"

Comments

• Options
    My first Hall of Famer !!!!!!!!

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Did anybody on here win that Ray Demmitt (St. Louis) that ended last night? It was an SGC 'A', but I was very interested in it for it's eye appeal. >>

It was one of my hobby buddies, so I'm pretty happy for him since I think he's getting fairly close to completion. Not sure if he still needs O'Hara but there's one ending tomorrow. I have both of the St. Louis rarities already but I still love watching auctions for them unfold.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    chris
    i love that clarke card, it looks great, i love the pose, i think it might be one of my favorite t 206!!!

thanks for sharing i had not seen that one before.
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Thanks baseball fan! I think its a great pose with cool colors with the sleeves and all!

Got a sentimental pickup today. My first T206 ever was a Dode Criss in bad shape years ago. Wanted to pick up a graded one to go with it!

• Options
    i was the under bidder on the o'hara. I knew my bid was low given that the 2 or 3 previous o'hara's have gone well beyond 1,700. But, i decided to bid low because 1.) i thought i could get it for that price given the S&H and the time the auction ended and 2.) i just got a demmitt...so, i was reluctant to pay another $1600 for a card. In the end, i have some remorse as i want to get through the st louis rarities as soon as possible. But, i did end up winning this today:

I'll sell my other PSA 2, which doesnt look quite as nice as this one.
  • Options
    let me now how much you will want for it. i might be interested
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Agreed on that Clarke that is a great looking card!!
  • Options
    lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭
    3 more additions puts me at my first milestone, 25% complete on the monster.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Titus is so pimp. Yours looks great, man.
  • Options

<< <i>3 more additions puts me at my first milestone, 25% complete on the monster. >>

Congratulations on 25%!

Doug
  • Options
    Thanks Steve and Dave for the kind words.

! I love the Titus card too. He comes up less often then most.
  • Options
    A few more additions:

imageimage

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    My first of the tough variations. Thanks to Eric!!!!! Presents nice for a "1" IMHO.

• Options
    Nice Brown. My pickup!

• Options
    with eric, stingray and dave subduing to the monster, we'll need to keep the boat afloat with more scans of recent purchases!!

here's my recent purchase

• Options
    Major
    Beautiful card!!!!! I had my eye on that one. Do you have it in hand yet? Is there any paperloss on the back? If not I can't see why it's only a 2.

Great pickup!
  • Options
    scott...i dont have it yet. I will let you know what the problem is when i get it. thanks
  • Options
    A few more:

imageimageimage

Thanks.

Scott
  • Options

<< <i>My first of the tough variations. Thanks to Eric!!!!! Presents nice for a "1" IMHO.

image >>

No problem. I'm starting to put 2 and 2 together here. Finally finding out who some of you guys are image

That Browne was a good one. I bought it from someone on this very board.
  • Options

<< <i>A few more:

imageimageimage

Thanks.

Scott >>

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. That Chesbro sure does look firmiliar
  • Options

<< <i>with eric, stingray and dave subduing to the monster, we'll need to keep the boat afloat with more scans of recent purchases!!

here's my recent purchase

image >>

Stingray is out too! WOW!

It got the best of me. I'm selling the remainder of my HOFers and toughies on Ebay right now. I have six auctions giong, including a Shag Shaughnessy PSA 2, Frank Chance Yellow Portrait PSA 3, a Vic Willis HOF Lot with all three variations, etc. They end on Sunday.

That will leave me with only 2 T-206s. A Lajoie Portrait PSA 2 and a Josh Devore RED HINDU PSA 1.....but I'll keep checking back with the board to see how you guys are doing. And I might try to slip in a non T206 card here and there....you know the reason I moved to something else.
  • Options
    I sold mine off to pay for someother things, mainly a new Ipod!! Now I am doing something a little more cost effective for me, the 82 Topps FB set. Though I am always coming into here and reading these threads.
  • Options

<< <i>I sold mine off to pay for someother things, mainly a new Ipod!! Now I am doing something a little more cost effective for me, the 82 Topps FB set. Though I am always coming into here and reading these threads. >>

I sold off mine to go after some E-cards, and a few other things I wanted as well. But I'll keep coming back here too.
  • Options
    Scott,

I received your MO today. I've released your cards and you can add them to your registry. Thanks bro. I'll send you an email too.
  • Options
    I just passed 25% on T206 too. Woooooooooo! My scanner isn't working right now, but here's a link to my set, where there are a few scans.

My T206

I only have 6 HOFers, but I keep plugging away.

Doug
  • Options
    Doug
    Congrats on the accomplishment!

Scott
  • Options
    Congrats Doug. That's quite an accomplishment.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!

Doug
  • Options
    Hey Guys,

Would any of you object to me showing some of my recent pickups even though they are not T-206's? I know this is the "Official Anything T-206 Thread", but I'd really like to show why I sold all mine off, if that's alright with you.

-Eric
  • Options
    Another one gone. This one I'm a little upset over. I hated to let it go, but I worked out a decent trade. Picked up two toughies that I wanted in my collection.

• Options
    Eric
    Must have been tough to let that one go. I'm all for seeing your recent pickups. You can also post them in the Mail Call post on the Sports Cards and Memoribilia Forum if you feel akward about posting them here. Like I said, I'm all for seeing them.

A few recent pickups:

Scott

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    Wow, Scott -- you're picking these up like there's no tomorrow! image They look great too. Nice work!

Doug
  • Options
    Eric I have no objections to seeing the proceeds of selling of your t206 in this thread!
  • Options
    Thanks fellas for the approval. I'll keep it all prewar of course. I'll also show what I picked up for my red hindu.

A few of my pickups are T-cards, just different brands and different series, and most of the rest are E-cards.

Scott....you have no idea how tough it was. I do however vow to get one back into my collection in 2008. And those are some really nice pickups.

• Options
    Before I post some of my other additions, I did pick up a new T206. The Magee Portrait is my favorite T206, so I had to get one back. I traded away my PSA, but replaced it with this one. However it isn't in a PSA holder (Be gentle).

• Options
    got a these two from just collect

• Options
    How is that Jacklitsch a SGC 30, looks better to me!!
  • Options
    sting...very, very faint surface wrinkle.

the chance has paperloss on the back.
  • Options
    Major
    Great cards...both present well for the grade.

Eric
    Love the Magee......I wish I could have picked up the one you sold.

Another SLer for me:

• Options
    Dave F and Eric, I'm sorry to see you leave the monster, but collecting caramels is so much fun. I'm pretty happy with this submission (at the post office today). I don't think the Schmidt is trimmed, but was unsure about the Rhodes. The Lajoie is a Piedmont 350-460- fact. 42.
    PSA Order Status for Submission # 4371678

LINE # CERT # CARD CARD CO. CARD # CARD NAME VARIETY GRADE
    1 07279679 1911 PIEDMONT BOB BESCHER PORTRAIT 5
    2 07279680 1912 BROWN BACKGROUND TOM CLARKE N/A 5
    3 07279681 1911 EL PRINC.DE GALES STEVE EVANS N/A 4
    4 07279682 1911 PIEDMONT BILL GRAHAM ST. LOUIS 6
    5 07279683 1911 PIEDMONT JACK HANNIFAN N/A 5
    6 07279684 1911 PIEDMONT DANNY HOFFMAN ST. LOUIS 5
    7 07279685 1911 SWEET CAPORAL HARRY HOWELL HAND AT WAIST 7
    8 07279686 1911 PIEDMONT TIM JORDAN BROOKLYN, BATTING 2
    9 07279687 1911 PIEDMONT SAM CRAWFORD THROWING 4
    10 07279688 1911 PIEDMONT HARRY KRAUSE PITCHING 4
    11 07279689 1911 PIEDMONT JIMMY LAVENDER N/A 4
    12 07279690 1911 PIEDMONT NAP LAJOIE WITH BAT 5
    13 07279691 1911 PIEDMONT FRANK LaPORTE N/A 4
    14 07279692 1911 SWEET CAPORAL CHRISTY MATHEWSON DARK CAP 3
    15 07279693 1911 SWEET CAPORAL JIM McGINLEY N/A 5
    16 07279694 1911 SWEET CAPORAL FRED MITCHELL TORONTO 4
    17 07279695 1911 PIEDMONT BILL O'HARA NEW YORK 5
    18 07279696 1911 PIEDMONT RUBE OLDRING FIELDING 4
    19 07279697 1911 PIEDMONT RUBE OLDRING BATTING 5
    20 07279698 1911 GOLD BORDER JOHN PFIESTER N/A 5
    21 07279699 1911 SWEET CAPORAL CHARLIE RHODES N/A Not Holdered, Evidence of Trimming
    22 07279700 1911 PIEDMONT NAP RUCKER PORTRAIT 4
    23 07279701 1911 PIEDMONT ADMIRAL SCHLEI BATTING 4
    24 07279702 1911 PIEDMONT BOSS SCHMIDT THROWING Not Holdered, Evidence of Trimming
    25 07279703 1911 PIEDMONT CY SEYMOUR PORTRAIT 5
    26 07279704 1911 GOLD BORDER HEINIE WAGNER N/A 2
    27 07279705 1911 SWEET CAPORAL JIMMY WILLIAMS N/A 5
    28 07279706 1911 PIEDMONT IRV YOUNG MINNEAPOLIS 5

Date Received: 10/15/2007
    Date of Grades Posted: 10/25/2007
    Date Shipped: 10/26/2007

• Options
    Nice you got a 7 on one of them. Pick these up raw on Ebay??
  • Options
    Thanks Scott. I wish I didn't have to let that one go either, but I did get some pretty cool cards in return. So I might as well post them right?

Also, I think I'm only leaving the monster for a little while. I'm sure I'll be back.....if only to try to retackle HOFers and some rare backs. Probably not an entire set though.

So these two cards are what I got in exchange for my PSA 1 Elberfeld (Washington variation) and PSA 3 Magee. They are E97 Black and White Proofs. Pretty cool and very rare cards. Rough shape, but I still like them.

• Options
    Yes I know they aren't T206's but I really would like to show what I've been picking up. And there isn't an official E-card thread, and I don't know how popular it would be. Nothing like T206's and CJ's.
  • Options
    Most of them came from a 67 card lot I purchased last year off of Ebay. The Lajoie I purchased 4 or 5 years ago off of Ebay and a few cards from the Net 54 BST board. I am trying to put together a large purchase over the weekend which would leave me a whole lot of duplicates. I will post them if the sale goes through. Martin
  • Options
    Back to the top from page 3. No one's added anything for about a week.
  • Options
    I have a couple in transit (hopefully).
  • Options

<< <i>Back to the top from page 3. No one's added anything for about a week. >>

I've definitely been slacking. Actually it's more a case of feeling deflated due to a hard drive crash. I didn't bother scanning anything or even acquiring much to scan while the fate of the files on our fried hard drive were in limbo. The place to which we sent our drive was able to retrieve most of our files so now I need to reorganize our new drive and start updating my site again. However, I don't think I have anything as exciting as that recent invoice, Martin. Way to go, man!
  • Options
    steve..i saw we both got outbid on that ellam old mill card last night. Nice card for the grade!