Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

The Official Anything "T-206 Thread"

Comments

• Options
    Sting
    The Evers portrait is my favorite bar none. A couple other I like in addition to the Dougherty which I love:
    Lobart (great minds think a like, thought I was the only one that thought that card was cool)
    Chase Pink
    Matty
    Walter Johnson
    Oral Overall
    Jerry Downs
    Mattern
    Magee
    Ginger Beaumont
    Chance Yellow
    Tinker
    Cy Young
    Terry Turner
    Donovan

Not sure if you guys have ever seen this but here's a webpage that shows a picture of every card in the set. I look through it a lot and find more cards each time that catch ny eye.

Virtual T206
  • Options
    Just looking at it now I forgot about:
    Bowerman
    Bender
    Chesbro
    Keeler
    Cobb Green
    Mordecai Brown
    Eddie Collins

There ain't too many I don't like I guess.

Actually I don't like Doc Casey.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    How about the Honus portrait...image

I like that one!
  • Options
    My favorite portait hasn't changed....although it is currently ungraded

• Options
    My favorite portraits:

Magee
    Tinker
    Johnson
    Elberfeld
    Willis
    Evers
    Dougherty
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Alright, I need to sell my T206s, I have 4 - PSA 4s, H. Davis with the H, McIntyre Portrait, Ira Thomas, and Ed Killian Pitching. I will take $240 delivered, prefer Paypal.

Please PM me if interested.

Kirk
  • Options
    Ok the price is lowered to $220 with delivery.
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    All kinds of new goodies for me over the last week.

Love the image quality on this Bender:

I already had this Chase, but it's one of my all-time favorites and Sovereign 460's are a bit underrated:

A bonanza of Southern Leaguers:

Oh yeah, and a new St. Louis HoFer:

I'm in the midst of revamping by website a bit, too. I've been paring down my non-T206 collection lately so I reorganized that folder and now I'm about to shuffle my T206 images. I had been arranging them alphabetically, but I think I might now sort them by team.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Alright, I can go $210 delivered for my cards listed above. First e-mail get them.

millerki@oakgov.com

Thanks,

Kirk
  • Options
    Some wonderful portraits on here (not really a fan of the portraits) especially the Matthewson, Bender and Chase.

Two more to add:

Sovereign 460 Subjects Back (my first) - badly listed on ebay - cost me $40 so very happy!

Sovereign 350 Subjects Back.

Awaiting the arrival of my first horizontal card from the set but on a tighter budget for the next few weeks.
    My t206 collection can be seen here

The aim is to add one card per week to the collection....
  • Options
    Ok I put them up on Ebay along with another one in a lot, trying something new for me with a BIN with best offer typ of auction. See how it goes.

Thanks for looking:

Text
  • Options
    got this recently.

• Options
    I failed miserably at my only attempt at soaking, but if you're brave enough, Danby, you might consider giving that card a distilled water bath to remove the attached paper. Cool card either way, though.
  • Options
    Good looking cards everyone.
  • Options
    I got a few more commons since my last showing.

And I think there were a few more, but I can't remember them at this time.

I'm officially taking a break the rest of this year. I'll be back to collecting to start the new year, but right now am a little burned out.

Keep those cards coming.

Regards,
    Eric
  • Options
    Hey guys fairly new to the boards here. I guess I finally found were my 'competition" hangs out at. I share many of the same thoughts on this set as the the original poster. My Journey with these mini peices of art began around 1990. I was around 10 years old and picked up a beater Soveirgn back of Dode Criss {my names chris so I think that was the appeal. I just thought it was so neat to have a card so old. Fast forward 17 years and I started to hit a Dry spell in my Hof Autograph collection. Kind of stuck on 115 or so while I look for players I need on nice items within my budget{a tough task at this juncture. On a whim I picked up my First Graded card a T206 Wagner!!!!!!!!!! Heinie of Course. I then started doing some summer reading about Hal Chase and picked up His Dark Cap T206. I am now hooked its only been a couple months and Im hooked. There are some stunning cards Liefield Titus and more that I cant wait to get. My favorites so far are my Jack Knight and Chase Trophy. The only card I have purchased that I am not happy with the is the Stahl. I overpaid and it has I dirtier look than I would have hoped. Well heres the goods! Most of my backs are SC or Piedmont.

TROPHY ONLY

UNGLAUB ONLY

OLD MILL BACK

POLAR BEAR BACK

LESS THEN $35 A CARD FOR THIS LOT
  • Options
    Welcome to the board RCchris. That's a really good start to the T206 collection.

I'm sure you probably already found it, but if not, there's a great site for buying/selling/trading Tobacco cards, by the name of NET54 (www.network54.com). Most of us are there too.
  • Options
    RCchris - My encouragement for your dreams. Best of Luck; nice start!!
    RayB
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • Options
    Hit the buy it now on three nice fours todays for what I think was a very fair price!

• Options
    Wow, those were some very good BIN prices. Nice grabs on those 3.

Looks like someone cleaned out that seller.
  • Options
    Hey Fellas! Nothing new to add, just bringing it back up to the top. Almost made it to page 4!

Here's an oldie, but a goodie. One of my favorites:

• Options
    And have a great weekend!
  • Options
    Tired of this being on the third page so I bought a new card! Am I missing something or doesnt this card usually go for more then the $61 I paid for it?

• Options
    lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭
    Chris
    Congratulations.......beautiful card...........great centering. $61 sounds about right give or take a few bucks.
  • Options
    I may have paid through the shorts on this, but i finally got one

• Options
    Wow major what a great card ! Congrats!
  • Options
    Congrats indeed, Danby. Saw you win that one last night. Doesn't look too bad for the grade, and I think the T206 rarities aren't likely to come down in price. Ya done good.
  • Options
    Danby, great looking Demmitt for the grade. You really can't go wrong with cards like that.

RCChris....that is about right for that Magee. However, the portrait magee seems to always carry a bit of a premium on it.
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SGC 50's and 60's on e-bay starting at $.01 No Reserve. Please bid high. image

my e-bay
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    thanks for the congrats, guys. I've tried getting other demmitts on ebay in the past...but could never get them. a lot of them were not as pleasing to the eye as this one. so, i bid what i felt i needed to pay.

now im on the lookout for a magie and o'hara...
  • Options
    I liked the Demmit also. I planned to bid on it. I had it on my watch list, but family emergency pulled me away that evening. Missed the boat! I do not think you overpaid. It is much better than most of the PSA 1 Demmits I have seen.
  • Options
    A few additions to my low grade set to get this back to the first page:

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auctions for t206's end tonight and tomorrow.

Sorry for the spam guys, won't interupt our thread again.

You guys have picked up some great new cards. I still have a bunch for sale not listed.

PSA 3's and 4's, non portraits for sale at very reasonable prices.

You can view them by clicking my sig line.

E-mail me for a list and I'll send you some new scans. Joe

linkage
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    Danby - That Demmitt has great eye appeal for 1. Congrats on a really nice card.
    RayB
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • Options
    i have a nice set of 4 T206's on ebay if anyone wants to take a look......thanks

artimus t206's
  • Options
    Great looking Demmitt.

Those T206 rarities are the bluest of the blue chip...impossible to go wrong with them.
  • Options
    Hey guys,

I'm cutting back on my T206 collection. So I have decided to put up about 38 for sale. Scans can be seen in the provided link. Prices listed above each scan, include first class shipping in a padded bubble mailer. I accept PAYPAL, MO, and checks for payment. If interested take a look. Thanks.

You can email me at: crazylocomerk@yahoo.com

MY T206's 4 SALE
  • Options
    My Elberfeld (Washington) is now for sale. This is one of my favorite cards. It looks really good for the grade. Pin hole at the top, and a black line through the factory line on the back. That's all that's wrong with this one.

If one of you guys are interested in it send me an email: crazylocomerk@yahoo.com

I have a price in mind, but don't want to post it here. It's also available in the B/S/T area of Net54.
  • Options
    Are you getting out of the Monster Crazy?
  • Options
    Since you guys enjoy embracing flaws, then you can embrace this one for days...

This card is oozing with character. The multiple creases combined with the staining give it a textured appearance, helping to create the illusion that it is a mini painting on a tiny canvass. It arrived this morning and I've been staring at it all day. I think the Red Portrait Cobb is about the nicest looking card in baseball card history.

Hopefully nobody is offended that it wasn't graded by PSA.
  • Options
    Does anybody on here have a 1904 George Winter(s) American League Fan Craze card they are lookin' to get rid of?
  • Options

<< <i>Since you guys enjoy embracing flaws, then you can embrace this one for days...

This card is oozing with character. The multiple creases combined with the staining give it a textured appearance, helping to create the illusion that it is a mini painting on a tiny canvass. It arrived this morning and I've been staring at it all day. I think the Red Portrait Cobb is about the nicest looking card in baseball card history.

Hopefully nobody is offended that it wasn't graded by PSA. >>

Nice card, Toad!
  • Options

<< <i>Are you getting out of the Monster Crazy? >>

Not exactly RCChris. Just cutting back a little bit to try to type collect a bit. Selling off my commons is one way of doing it.
  • Options
    I like it too Toad. Character is always good.

I'd like to have both the Cobb portraits from this set.
  • Options
    The best part about it is you can get all sorts of character at a fraction of the cost of those fancy, schmancy high-graded examples.
  • Options
    Toad, nice card!

Picked up a few things today at the Philly show. Many prices were high to outrageous so I didn't get much but I did grab my first Hindu and my first American Beauty! I'm a little worried that the AB might be trimmed but a lot of AB's I see have some funny cuts so we'll see. I think the Stovall is a 4.

imageimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    nice, lamont.....
  • Options
    Thanks Major, I appreciate it. If the AB isn't trimmed I'll be real happy.
  • Options
    Thanks, everybody. I'm glad you like my multi-flawed Cobb.

lamontcarter, your cards are pretty nice. However, it's a bit of a shame that they lack the rich, robust, brown staining that only the best scrap tobacco can provide. Oh well, no use dwelling on it.
  • Options
    Did anybody on here win that Ray Demmitt (St. Louis) that ended last night? It was an SGC 'A', but I was very interested in it for it's eye appeal.