Home PSA Set Registry Forum

The Official Anything "T-206 Thread"

Comments

• Eric....heck no...I just scanned it in better when I got it, (had it all of two days before it went to SGC). We should find out the verdict today on it crossing over...and hopefully the outcome of my "trade".
  • Yeah, I just realized it Dave.

Please let us know as soon as you find out both outcomes. I'm pretty excited for you bro.
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    A request to the T206 collectors, could you please post which cards you thing have the best/most color to them. I really enjoy looking at the T206 that have a lot of color to them in the backgrounds. I would like to get an idea of what is out there in this set. They can be some of the best cards of any set produce when they have such a great amount of color.

Thanks,

• << <i>A request to the T206 collectors, could you please post which cards you thing have the best/most color to them. I really enjoy looking at the T206 that have a lot of color to them in the backgrounds. I would like to get an idea of what is out there in this set. They can be some of the best cards of any set produce when they have such a great amount of color. >>

Here's one of my favorites

• Here's one of my favorites with a lot of color:

Thanks guys, keep them coming. Those are exactly what I am looking for, would like to maybe pick up a few colorful ones in low grade.
  • No problem Kirk,

Hey, going with this theme.....anyone know the T206 card that has something in the background like the Statue of Liberty. It's a Brooklyn player, but I can't remember for the life of me who it was. That was a pretty colorful card and would be a great one to show here. It's one that I would like to pick up myself. Any help in figuring this out would be much appreciated.
  • Your thinking of the Burch (Batting)...but I don't know that it is really the Statue of Liberty in the background. Sorry no scan..dont have one.
  • I also like the Hugh Duffy card. It has some beautiful color in it.

The Danny Murphy card. Love the sky in the background:

Actually of the 6 horizontal cards in the set, all show really vibrant colors.

That is pretty cool, though not sure what it is??
  • Ah, Dave!!!! I knew I could rely on you. That's the card.

I don't know if it's the statue of Liberty either, but it kind of does look like it. Or a church? Who knows.

Edited to remove card. I didn't see that Kirk had already posted it.

Very nice card, by the way. I want one!
  • Gentlemen and you other guys, I've sealed the deal I've been talking about for a week now. I'll post scans a bit later today image
    Hey guys, does this card look off. I realized it is off center T/B but seems like there should be a little more border on the top compared to what is on the bottom, opinions please.

• yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I've seen shorter T206's get slabbed, but the sharpness of those edges makes one wonder.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    Hey guys, does this card look off. I realized it is off center T/B but seems like there should be a little more border on the top compared to what is on the bottom, opinions please.

I agree, it looks a little funky. There should be more on the top or bottom. How does it measure up compared to your others?
    Actually it is not mine, I thought it looked very sharp for a PSA 4. The top border looks too straight and corners too sharp. Though it is in a holder, something seem off.
    Slightly off-topic mini-rant: Who the hell puts reserves on PSA 3 and 4 T206 commons?!?

It's a rhetorical question, really, but if you're curious, it's kityoungcards.
  • Who puts a reserve on 3's and 4's?????

Well probably someone that won't be selling a lot of cards. Good luck to them.

Dave...congrats on your deal. I can't wait to see those cards. Very sweet that you were successful. I'm pretty jelous image

That Needham looks a bit odd, but who in the hell would trim a common just to get a PSA 4? The back looks fine though, so maybe it was printed a little high and then cut? It's gotta meet the specifications to get graded, otherwise they wouldn't grade it because it was trimmed, especially for a common. Why take that risk to let it through. With that top boarder being so short, you'd think the grader would have measured it. I'm not a grader, but that would be the first thing I'd check when a card looked like that.
    You must've missed the recent Joe O. column, crazy. Graders don't need no stinkin' tools. Just the savvy and guile that comes with years and years of experience. Or something like that.
  • Here the are guys...been waiting a week on this deal. Don't have them in hand yet, but we sealed the deal this morning. image

• Un-freakin-believable! I don't know how you do it. I want those two backs really badly.

And they look really good. You didn't just get a beater to have one, like I did with my Red Hindu. Yours look awesome.

Well congrats again Dave.
    As an avowed armpit collector, I am very rarely jealous of others' cards. But, man, Dave I'm so envious of the fact that you were able to flip/trade into those two. Fantastic job!
  • I'll diddo Steve's comment image
  • Thanks guys....I'm unlucky as often as I am lucky though. I'm curious Steve I know you have a bunch of Hindu's..what else do you have though as far as the backs?
    Nothing yet in your lofty stratosphere, Dave. I'm kinda curious myself, though, so lemme do a quick count (in alphabetical order since I'm too lazy to change my Excel sort):

AB 350 w/ frame - 6
    AB 350 w/o frame - 3
    AB 460 - 2
    CB - 3
    CYC 350 - 6
    CYC 460 - 2
    EPDG - 10
    HIN - 16
    OM (including SL) - 13
    PB - 26
    PD 150 - 38
    PD 350 - 87
    PD 350-460/25 - 12
    SC 150/25 - 9
    SC 150/30 - 19
    SC 150/649 OP - 4
    SC 350/25 - 9
    SC 350/30 - 25
    SC 350-460/30 - 4
    SC 350-460/42 - 2
    SC 350-460/42 OP - 5
    SOV 150 - 7
    SOV 350 - 4
    SOV 460 - 1
    TOL - 4
  • djspanndjspann Posts: 541
    Awesome backs, Dave!

Here's a recent pick up of mine. It seems like a bright 4. The scan seems dimmer than it is in person.

Doug
  • Nice cards, everyone!

Finally completed the cobb series! The scan isnt so great...scanner isnt healthy.

This is a 3??

• Ha...that looks like a 1 to me...but what do I know?

Damn..I was going for the Uzit PSA 3 last night on ebay...missed, came in third. What a clean back for a 3 though...I guess it would have been to much to ask to try and upgrade already image

Uzit PSA 3
    Beautifal front to the card as well!!
  • Trying to hog all the Uzit backs are we image

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Green Cobb.

And that's a quite.....ah....nice..................ah..........PSA 3. Huh, that one seems to have slipped by them.
  • It probably had some surface wrinkling you cant tell from the scan..but when it comes to the rare backs, you definately want ones like that which are clean. And Eric...no, unfortunatley I cant afford to hog all of them...I would have been upgrading and selling mine to Steve already...or picking up a bunch of his Hindu's for the SGC 30...ha ha
  • Plus...I tried to get it too cheap...PSA 3 Merkle with that clean of a back...should have been $1400-1800.
    That Uzit Merkle was really, really nice. I really wanted to bid but then decided to show some rare financial restraint, thinking I should maybe hold out for a St. Louis Uzit back. When I saw a dealer win it, I knew I let a great opportunity pass.

Great Cobb, Danby. I had that one tracked and thought of bidding on it, too, but was happy to see someone from this thread snag it.
  • Wow,

I've missed some incredible additions this last week! Been working other sets so nothing to add until the mail arrives (and we have a postal strike today - oh well....)

Martin
    My t206 collection can be seen here

The aim is to add one card per week to the collection....
  • Hey Martin,

Where is the postal strike?

Edited to say: I'm assuming outside the U.S? Federal employees are prohibited from going on strikes.
  • Eric, the postal strike is in the United Kingdom.

Its the second in about three weeks and they want to have a two day strike next week.

Its more annoying as an ebay seller than buyer though especially with the star rating system ebay has now introduced because this will increase postage times and I have a feeling some buyers won't remember this when leaving feedback.

Also as a question to all contributors in this thread do you also collect other sets?

I'm also collecting Prime Cuts I, II and III (about 120 cards combined) plus Flair Significant Signings 2005 (64-102).

I love the T206's and Prime Cuts I more than the rest though.

There was also a comment on the previous page of the thread about an ebay seller who put reserves on PSA 3 and 4's. I don't think thats as bad as one of the other T206 ebay sellers (they have about 10-15 cards on right now) charging international shipping costs of $66.40 for one card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Frightening when you consider that most sellers charge $5-9 and I have never had an item I purchased though ebay not arrive.................

Have a good weekend all

Martin

• I just got back into baseball cards this year, so right now I am only concentrating on T-206s. I like a lot of the vintage stuff. I'd like to eventually get into Goudeys, E-95's and some other stuff. But we'll see.

Martin,

Charging $66 for international shipping? That is crazy. My guess is the seller only wants to deal within the states. But instead of doing that, he could just say no international bidders. That's a little rediculous.

• This arrived yesterday - no big shakes compared to some of the card images recently posted but my first Old Mill back so am very happy.

imageimage

• Martin,

That's a good looking 3! I don't have a single Old Mill yet.

I'll start covering some of the other backs, in a couple months. I'm done buying for a while. I need to recuperate funds and I have the wifes birthday coming up. Actually I might be done (for the most part) for the year. I'll start back in 08. But in the meantime, I'll enjoy all your guys cards. Keep 'em coming!
  • Continuing on my backs pursuit....this one is ugly...but for $55 will suffice as my first Broadleaf until a prettier gal comes to the dance. image

• Dave,

I saw that one yesterday. Nice grab. Can't really beat that price!

Do you guys see more than just a baseball card here?? I just happen to be nosing through Ebay and this one caught my eye.

To me I look at this card and see factories and buildings in the background, this card to me almost tells a story. The beginning of the American industrial might, cities building tall skyscrapers, etc.
  • Ray, I picked up Bernhard T206 raw on eBay earlier this year for only $150 and it came back a 5. Needless to say, I was thrilled about that one.
  • Stingray,
    That is one of my favorites!
    And to this day KC still looks the same.

My first PSA graded one, hope the colors look this good in person"

• lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭
    Sting
    Looks like a really nice 2....congrats.

Scott
  • fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    How Come the PSA 8 Wagner does not show up on the population reports.....

Scott Ireland has a PSA 5 Wagner in his set, and it states only 1 graded that high, with none graded higher....

how can this be correct?
    Does anyone know of a seller/website besides ebay, that I can look for some T206s say in PSA 3 or 4 grade, I have check 707s website and a couple others, just wondering if they are some ones out there where you can maybe pick up some low grade commons for not so much money as the bigger dealers want.

Thanks,
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    how can this be correct? >>

It's not. It just shows up in a different place.

Year Company Card No Name Variety 1-2 3-4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Total
    1911 T206 HONUS WAGNER 22 4 1 0 0 0 0 0 27
    1911 T206 HONUS WAGNER 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
    1911 T206 HONUS WAGNER McNALL/GRETZKY 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1

In other words, the McNall/Gretzky Wagner has its own special place in the population report.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.