Home PSA Set Registry Forum

The Official Anything "T-206 Thread"

Comments

• I checked this thread for comments on some of the items in the Goodwin auctions and did not see any. I saw that he had a PSA 10 and several PSA 9's but the minimum prices looked awfully strong. Does anybody have an comments to share on prices for those ultra high end cards?
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • I saw that Pastorious on eBay for $27,500. No one bid on it though.

Very low numbers (only 13 graded a GEM MT 10), but that much? I think it's kind of high, especially for a common. On Goodwin it's going for about 19K right now

Ah, but what do I know. It would kind of be cool to have a PSA 10 in one of the T206's
  • Im not surprised by the prices. High grade and rare T206's continue to rise. Mid to low range grade cards have seen a slight stagnation recently. Low grade cards have remained stable. T206 is by far the most plentiful AND the most popular pre war issue. As long as the demand continues to be at or above current levels, prices will continue to be strong.
  • lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭
    HOF
    Beautiful Cobb.

Dave
    Thanks as always for the cards!

One more addition. Presents well IMO for a one. Got it at a decent price.

• Is everybody on a buying spree or what? Had a couple slow weeks for a while there.....heres my first hindu for the set.

• lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭
    Dave
    Nice pick up. I need to get me a Hindu. Probably should try for an AB back first.

Congrats bud.
  • yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Nice job, Dave. Good thing eBay doesn't hide ID's at $50 and up or else that would've been mine. I think $80 was a good price. The Overall portrait is a great card with any back.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Steve, well thanks for laying off. I put the minimum bid in...so anybody could have bumped me....but glad you chose not to....this time....image
    Nah, I got a Mastro bill sittin' here and am waiting on one from the tree people - had a bunch of work done in my backyard earlier this week. I shouldn't even be searching eBay let alone bidding. It's a sickness.
  • I thought I was the only one that got that "kinda sick" feeling after knowing your fixing to spend a bunch more money. Your wanting the card bad...and happy to win the auction....then that feeling sets in....lol
  • LC nice Mathewson. Presents very well for a 1.

Dave, love the Hindu. I've got to get one of those. I've got a big goose egg when it comes to rare backs. But, that being said, a Hindu back is about 9 or 10 cards down my list...so It'll be a while.
  • Here's the rest of my HOFers for show and tell. Then I'll post some actual new arrivals.

• Let me just add that my Tris Speaker is one hell of a beater. It is easily my worst looking card (my Crawford throwing I posted on the previous page comes in at a close second). I think I overpaid for the Speaker, but hey, at least I have one now, right?
  • Finally....

PSA Order Status for Submission # 615844

LINE # CERT # CARD CARD CO. CARD # CARD NAME VARIETY GRADE

1 31811726 1911 PIEDMONT JACK BLISS N/A 3
    2 31811727 1911 POLAR BEAR JACK BLISS N/A 4
    3 31811728 1911 PIEDMONT BOBBY BYRNE N/A 2
    4 31811729 1911 PIEDMONT LOU CRIGER N/A 3
    5 31811730 1911 SWEET CAPORAL STEVE EVANS N/A 2
    6 31811731 1911 OLD MILL RUBE GEYER N/A Not Holdered, Miscut
    7 31811732 1911 TOLSTOI BILL GRAHAM ST. LOUIS 2
    8 31811733 1911 SOVEREIGN ED KONETCHY GLOVE NEAR GROUND 4
    9 31811734 1911 POLAR BEAR ED KONETCHY GLOVE NEAR GROUND 4
    10 31811735 1911 CYCLE JAP BARBEAU N/A 1
    11 31811736 1911 PIEDMONT ROGER BRESNAHAN PORTRAIT 1
    12 31811737 1911 SWEET CAPORAL ROGER BRESNAHAN PORTRAIT 1
    13 31811738 1911 TOLSTOI ROGER BRESNAHAN WITH BAT 1
    14 31811739 1911 OLD MILL HARRY HOWELL HAND AT WAIST 5
    15 31811740 1911 PIEDMONT HARRY GASPER N/A 3
    16 31811741 1911 SWEET CAPORAL ED KARGER N/A 4
    17 31811742 1911 POLAR BEAR AL MATTERN N/A 3
    18 31811743 1911 SWEET CAPORAL BARNEY PELTY HORIZONTAL 1
    19 31811744 1911 POLAR BEAR BARNEY PELTY VERTICAL 2
    20 31811745 1911 EL PRINC.DE GALES AL SHAW ST. LOUIS 3
    21 31811746 1911 POLAR BEAR VIC WILLIS ST. LOUIS, WITH BAT 3
    22 31811747 1911 PIEDMONT RUBE WADDELL PORTRAIT 1
    23 31811748 1911 PIEDMONT BOBBY WALLACE N/A 1
    24 31811749 1911 SWEET CAPORAL BOBBY WALLACE N/A 1
    25 31811750 1911 SWEET CAPORAL BOBBY WALLACE N/A 2

Date Received: 04/19/2007
    Date of Grades Posted: 06/26/2007
    Date Shipped: 06/26/2007

Geez, 2+ months. Seems like old times. Nice group of Cardinals, though, Ben.

Speaking of which, I hope you haven't totally given up on your plans to come to the Lou for a game later this summer. With Tomo Okha now in the fold, we're going to turn this season around!
  • Wow, that's a long time. I've been seeing that a lot lately. Saw 45 days from someone today.

Nice set of cards!
  • Hey guys...keep your eyes open. I'm trying to get a list together of some prices for different cards to list on Net 54. I will break some stuff up on there and alot of it will be for just what I have in it. I'm thinking now is the time to go after the higher dollar cards and rare backs instead of waiting...then come back to the commons and lower tier HOF'ers later....everybody think I'm crazy? image
    nah, i like it. that was my goal for 2007. spend less on commons - or at least try to hold out for big lots where i can lower my price per card - and buy more of the major cards. i've done ok since i haven't bought too many t206's and did pick up a demmitt, but most of my big purchases have ended up being other t cards.
  • Yeah you know Steve...the only ones i'm keeping for now are the Matty portrait, Cy Young portrait, Lundgren (Chicago) and the Overall Hindu back...I still kick myself for letting go of that Lenox back a few months ago...image
  • Hey Dave...I actually think that's a good idea. That's the way I'm doing it as well. However, I'm not liquidating my commons. I over paid for some cards when I initially got in the hobby, and would definitly loose money on some of them. I figure I've got them, so might as well keep them.

But how to fund those cards? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Not a bad strategy....especially if you predict the prices of T206s to continue to increase...especially the higher priced and rarer ones. Ive tried to do the same...collecting mainly HOF'ers. I've been grossly outbid on the higher end cards....went after the plank is REA, but was completely blown out of the water very early.

• Thanks guys. At least nobody has said i'm half crazy....at least not for this stunt.
  • Picked up Shappe error..which I'm sure I overspent on big time!

• Hey Dave, what is the error on the Shappe, if you don't mind me asking?
  • Eric...nothing exciting..just mispelled Shappe instead of Sharpe. printing plate error. The two recorded sale are a SGC 20 for $565 and a 30 for $1,182.50...I can't see this crossing over to a PSA 4 or SGC 50 though...looks like a 3 to me.
  • Well based on those two sales, I don't think you did that bad. And I learned something tonight.
  • msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Picked up Shappe error..which I'm sure I overspent on big time! >>

Very nice pick up. Nice price when compared to the SGC cards as well.
    You got balls, Dave. Those kinds of cards scare me. Too many cardboard alchemists out there for me to touch one of those.
  • Steve....probably right..but at least it was graded...even though by Beckett. I'm gonna try crossing it anyway. image
    Good luck! I think you'll be OK, but I'm just too skeptical of stuff like blank backs or printing plate errors to really want to go after them.
  • Here's my last two HOF pickups. I've got one more coming in and that's it for a while.

Have a good weekend everyone!
  • Eric please don't tell me PSA is that bad.....is there a 6 wrote on the back of the Lajoie and it's not marked as MK?
  • Yep. I bought it as a PSA 2. Then when I got it, saw that it was marked on the back with the "6". I asked the guy I bought it from why it didn't have an (MK) designation. He said he never noticed it. It was the first thing I noticed.

So I guess the answer to your question is.....yes they are.

And if I ever sell it, then I guess I have to say that it's marked even though it doesn't have that designation.
  • Wow...and we are supposed to rely on a third party grading service to be our own "eyes" when we are not face to face with a card...that isn't like one faint stray mark that is hard to see disguised on the front of the card in a dark area.....plain as day number wrote on back.....you probably handled the seller alot better than I would have though....didn't see the mark when he had it, my butt! ha ha
  • Came from a board member.....if you know what I mean. Only showed the front scan. I bought 3 cards at the time.

I guess leave it to the grading service to give someone the opportunity to sell it as a non (MK). I wouldn't do that myself, because it wouldn't feel right. Nor would I want to piss anyone off. I'm sure as I get more into this hobby, I'll be quite a bit more selective and will voice my opinion on things like this. Right now I guess I'm too calm and collected, and will deal with it.
  • Eric I'd be interested to know who that is...through an email.

These arrived today...a couple starting off the harder to come by cards. Better scans as well.

• Dave,

Ah, there's the lundgren image

Nice Hindu as well. How many of those do you have now?

And I'll send you an email tonight regarding your question.
  • Eric
    I just have the one Hindu for now. I used to have a couple Hindu's, a Carolina Brights back and a Black Lenox....and should pop myself upside the head with an iron skillet for getting rid of them to begin with.
  • Dave,

I had an ungraded Carolina Brights, but I sold that one. No Hindus, and no Lenox's.

That lenox that you had....did you sell it, then buy it back and sell it again? Just curious, because for some reason I thought I saw that it came into your possession twice (the same cards).

And hopefully in about a week or two, I'll be able to post something pretty cool. I shouldn't have bought it but I wanted it. Stay tuned!
  • Here's my Elberfeld Portrait, Washington variation. It's in great shape for a PSA 1. Has that pin hole at the top, but it doesn't interfere with the Portrait itself. And the (MK) is for a line through the factory line on the back. Still very happy to have this one.

• just picked up this -

Bummer about the Lajoie, crazy. The 6 wouldn't really bother me a ton and it could possibly be erased but one should expect more from PSA. Boneheaded grading like that is one of the big reasons I'm finished with them. On the bright side, that Elberfeld looks really good for the grade. Nice pick-up.

jlb, I fear that sigline is going to be there awhile. Not that St. Louis fans have much to cheer about, but what an abrupt end to what looked like a promising era for the Sabres.
  • Eric,
    I'll wait and see what you post in the next week or two.... I have something in the works here myself....if I pull it off will post in the next week as well....could be interesting. image
  • Some grades popped -

PSA Order Status for Submission # 619286

LINE # CERT # CARD CARD CO. CARD # CARD NAME VARIETY GRADE
    1 40630327 1911 SWEET CAPORAL ROGER BRESNAHAN PORTRAIT 3
    2 40630328 1911 SOVEREIGN SOLLY HOFMAN N/A 3
    3 40630329 1911 DANNY MURPHY THROWING 4
    4 40630330 1911 PIEDMONT DICK EGAN N/A 3
    5 40630331 1911 TOLSTOI FRED SNODGRASS CATCHING 1

Date Received: 06/22/2007
    Date of Grades Posted: 07/02/2007
    Date Shipped: 07/02/2007

The Bresnahan came raw off the bay for $50, the other 4 I picked up at a local show for a combined $80. (Pics on page 24 oF this thread I believe..)
  • jlb...looks like you did very well. Can't really beat that! Congrats.

And Dave....my deal ended up working out. So it's mine, and I will post as soon as I get it. Playing the damn waiting game. This one just might out do the Elberfeld (Wash) for me!!!!

• << <i>jlb...looks like you did very well. Can't really beat that! Congrats. >>

Thanks crazy - these were my first raw buys after I started collecting t206s, and I'm just glad I didn't buy anything fake or trimmed.image
  • Yeah, I tried my hand at a few raw cards. Turns out one was trimmed, and totally took it out of me to collect them. I'm down to only owning one now. It's a Bill Hart (SL) card. I'll post it when I get home. That one is actually a nice card, that I plan to send off to get graded.
  • Hi all,

This is my first post of these forums. I believe I'm the only T206 collector in the Europe - definitely in the United Kingdom. I love the images of the cards posted on this thread and will add some of my own in the near future.

Will try and figure out my profile now......
    My t206 collection can be seen here

The aim is to add one card per week to the collection....
  • Welcome Martuk.

I joined for this thread about half a month ago. Some really good guys here, and a great place to display your new pick-ups.
  • My new Addie Joss PSA 3 Portrait:

Hope you all had a great 4th of July.