Home PSA Set Registry Forum

The Official Anything "T-206 Thread"

Comments

• Dave,

Good luck working on that Red Hindu. I hope it works out for you.

I saw that E107 you purchased on the Net54 board. Good looking card! Congrats.
  • lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭
    Catching up on some recent pickups. Matty is definitely a 2 but no creases through the portrait. The brown stains are annoying but I got what I felt is a good deal on it so I can live with it. Sorry no Drums Dave.....

Scott

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • I like the Matty. Stains to me are kind of nice....adds flavor to the card..much better than creases!
    Thanks my friend, I think it adds a little character myself. I want to try and grab a presentable Johnson portrait in 1 or 2 now.
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    That Phillippe is nice I have seen 4s that look worse than that card.
  • My newest addition. First card in over a month. Been looking for a good Magee for a while. Finally got one.

• yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Man, I love that Matty, Scott. Color and registration are always my primary considerations so the spots don't bother me at all. Heck, they're like a badge of honor, really.

Anyway, I've been totally slacking on my scanning - probably because I've been doing much more subtracting from than adding to my collection over the last few weeks. Here's my new stuff:

I very carelessly ended up acquiring two Lentzes recently, so if anybody has SL'ers to burn, I have a PSA 3 that I'd like to trade for an SL'er I still need. I'm also not sure if I'll end up keeping the Seitz. Like I said, I'm a fanatic about image quality and the dark ink doesn't quite line up right on that one.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
    Steve
    Thanks for the kind words, they're appreciated. Awesome pickups (as usual). You seem to have a knack for finding those Hindu's. A SLer beater to keep the thread going......

Scott

Don't own any portrait cards, but they are looking at someones old family photograph. They are definetly little pieces of art!! Love seeing them, thanks guys for getting me hooked!!
    Looking to buy a Dougherty portrait in PSA 3 or 4, if you have an extra one please let me know.

Thanks,

Kirk
  • hey guys I have a Drum and Uzit up on ebay if any has any extra cash laying around image
    Picked up in a trade with Joe Brennan...........thanks Joe!

Scott

Alright it has been awhile, with my limited budget, so I won this one:

Sting
    The McIntyre is one of my favorite cards in the set......great pickup.

Scott
    Just another common.

Scott

Very nice Knight, looks better then some 4s I have seen. Has great centering too!!
  • Great looking cards guys. Nothing new from me.

I also really like that McIntyre portrait. Good looking card.
  • Hey Kirk,

Did you find your Dougherty Portrait? I saw a couple on ebay that were PSA 4's. One actually ended yesterday, and sold for $36.
  • gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Great stuff, as always! Here's one of my latest pickups. Sorry for the large scan:

image,image
  • Nice Brown Hindu gosteelers.

Hey Dave.....did you ever finish the latest deal you were working on? If so what was it?
    Gosteelers
    Nice job on the Hindu!

I just picked these up. As I said on the Net 54 board I'll take 2's that look like this all day long and it doesn't hurt they are southern leaguers either!

imageimage

<< <i>Hey Kirk,

Did you find your Dougherty Portrait? I saw a couple on ebay that were PSA 4's. One actually ended yesterday, and sold for $36. >>

Don't get why it shows $36 as the winning bid, when you actually go to the bid list the winning bid is $55. I really did not like the shape of that card for a 4, thought the 3 that sold before was better looking, I had that one too until the last second of the auction!!image

So I am still looking for one, there is a nice PSA 8 for sale for $1,900!! Not for me though.
  • gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    lamontcarter,
    Wow, those SL'ers are blazers! Very nice!

Mark
    Thanks Mark. I bought them off of Ray B. I think these were the nicest 2 of all of the SLers he was selling.
  • Sorry to hear that Kirk.

LC, definitely nice SLers for 2's. Nice grab.
  • Man lc - those do not look like 2s!! Do they have paperloss on the back? They look like 4s to me -if the abcks are clean I would be cracking and resubmitting on those two -nice pickup even if they have back issues!
    C56, V252, V128-1 sets
    Hall of Famers from all 4 sports
    Thanks for the kind words guys, I thought the same thing regarding paperloss. The gentleman I bought them from was on the road so he didn't have access to the cards but he told me he thought the backs were okay. Even if they aren't I'm still happy because they present so well. I'll let you know when I get them.

Thanks.

Scott
  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selling my T206's.
    All prices include shipping and handling. Paypal is prefered, but I'll consider all forms of payment.
    First e-mail takes the card. Remember I am paying the freight.
    twodueces22@yahoo.com

Anderson $60
    Bates $60
    Criss $44
    Devore $60
    Clarke $38

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Sting, that McIntyre looks great. I had that one tracked but don't think I ended up bidding all that high. Kinda wish I had because its color and registration look fantastic.

Must be Southern League season. I was hoping to win one of the Hindus that was on eBay a week or so ago, but my bidding was to no avail. I really wanted the Shaughnessy but it went for insane money for an SGC 10. Just as well, I guess, since I think I have six new SL'ers on the way thanks to Ray B. and someone else from N54. I'm pretty stoked about those pickups.

Lastly...Joe, I'm sorry to see you leaving the T206 Brotherhood but I can appreciate your perspective. I've fortunately never reached that point but I do seem cycle between periods of great enthusiasm for the hobby and bouts of total cynicism toward the grading/auction house racket.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
    Thanks Yawnie,

The corners are nice to with a little paper loss at the tips, but the corner wear is not to bad.

2Dueces sorry to here you are selling them all!!
  • Finally made some new aquisitions, and will post them as I get them. Nothing too special, just some commons. But first new cards in about 2 months (except for the Magee Port. that I picked up last month)
  • I don't know if any of you would be interested, but I have a Doc Casey with an EPDG back in SGC 30 condition that I'd like to trade for another T206 I don't have. I would also sell it to anyone interested. Just email me at: crazylocomerk@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Eric
  • These will be headed to the house in the next few days...not the big purchase I'm after...but happy with them.

• Everything is included except for the black cap Matty....unfortunately.

Somebody went a little trim happy on the Matty!?
  • Looks like it. Probably a good think you didn't get that Matty.

Amazing pickup Dave. Good for you. You'll have to let us know what they grade.
  • Which Matty are you thinking is trimmed? I got close on each scan..and I do not think any of the Matty's are trimmed. They came from a guy that knows very little about cards...had them in his family for years...he also had a lot of e105 mello mints he sold...which were in great condition..i just didnt get to him in time on those.

these mattys all have consistant edges with the rest of the card surface...i really think that black cap matty would be a 5, and the others 2's, maybe outside chance at 3's.

<< <i>Which Matty are you thinking is trimmed? I got close on each scan..and I do not think any of the Matty's are trimmed. They came from a guy that knows very little about cards...had them in his family for years...he also had a lot of e105 mello mints he sold...which were in great condition..i just didnt get to him in time on those.

these mattys all have consistant edges with the rest of the card surface...i really think that black cap matty would be a 5, and the others 2's, maybe outside chance at 3's. >>

The black cap one. The sides borders look a little thin, IMO. But that is just based on the scan. And it seems that with the small border at top there would be a little more border under his name.

• << <i>

<< <i>Which Matty are you thinking is trimmed? I got close on each scan..and I do not think any of the Matty's are trimmed. They came from a guy that knows very little about cards...had them in his family for years...he also had a lot of e105 mello mints he sold...which were in great condition..i just didnt get to him in time on those.

these mattys all have consistant edges with the rest of the card surface...i really think that black cap matty would be a 5, and the others 2's, maybe outside chance at 3's. >>

The black cap one. The sides borders look a little thin, IMO. But that is just based on the scan. And it seems that with the small border at top there would be a little more border under his name. >>

That's the same one I was thinking for the same reasons. Again only by seeing the scans. But who knows. Did you get the white cap or black cap?
  • My two newest. More coming soon.

Barry PSA 3

Clymer PSA 3
  • Eric...I got the white cap. He swears the black cap isnt trimmed..but we couldnt agree on a price on it...he thinks its a solid 5 with outside shot at a 6..

• I won't be keeping it....but still nice to have it for a few days anyway image

Didn't really care for portrait cards when I started collecting these, but they are really starting to grow on me.
  • My Next 3. Was able to knock out Vic Willis in one shot. I'm very happy with these. The Portrait is very good for it's grade.

• Hey Dave, if you don't mind me asking, what will be your asking price on that Evers? Probably out of my price range, but it can't hurt to ask. Thanks.
  • Some great cards have been added since I last posted. Been working ridiculous hours but will allow me to expand the collection a littleimage

Here are my most recent additions:

Really good corners on the Sweeney

The Murphy is my first Cycle back - 460 Subjects

Livingstone - Sovereign 350 Subjects back - my first

My t206 collection can be seen here

The aim is to add one card per week to the collection....
  • Martin, those are some nice new additions. I too am working some extra hours helping my wife at her work to have some "extra money" to spend on more T206s. Also selling off a bunch of other stuff I have to free up some funds. Wasn't planning on buying any more this year, but I can't stay away.

Somewhere in the mix, I have to save up some money so I can get some new ink. Planning on starting a sleeve on my left arm over Thanksgiving, and that'll cost me a chunk. But I'm excited about it. And I can't forget the wife's birthday coming up either image.
  • been MIA for awhile. here's my most recent purchase...not much, but still something!

Hey guys, I meant to ask this before, but what are some of your favorite portrait cards?? Beside the Dougherty card, I like the Han Lobert and Nap Rucker cards. Also like the Rube Marquard and the Chance (yellow background with Chicago on the jersey).
  • jamesryanbelljamesryanbell Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭
    Mine's the Keeler portrait.

I bought one about 14 years ago.

Also, the Cy Young Green back.
    -- Ryan Bell