Home PSA Set Registry Forum

The Official Anything "T-206 Thread"

Comments

• One new card for registry and two raw...both ugly....but will happily send them in to be slabbed.

• yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Man, everytime I see that Egan card it gives me the creeps! >>

He is definitely one weird lookin' dude.

imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    OK, I'll bite.
    What's wrong with the Unglaub?
    Looks like a 7!
  • mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    This is a Sweet Cap. I am trying to find all the backs, but they are hard to find on my budget! Bought this one raw last year.
  • Well the Unglaub is kind of faded...and not the best registration on the front....more blurry than any other Unglaub I've had before.
    Yeah, but that shouldn't harm the grade, Dave. I'm guessing there's some virtually invisible glue or something on back. I dig that Young portrait, by the way. Yeah, it'd be nice to not have the chipping but the color looks really strong. I see a lot of Youngs whose green background looks kinda washed out. And really the chipping isn't too horrific.

Speaking of which, I actually thought about pulling the trigger on the red Cobb that ended earlier tonight. It had a bit of scuffing to the right of Cobb and a swatch of paper loss on back, but the rest of the front looked really, really sharp. But I still haven't recovered from my recent Louisiana T type buying spree, and I've spent a fortune on clothes the last two days. I really need to stay out of the malls while I'm on summer vacation. Of course I'll probably go again within the next few days. Gotta have a new shirt and tie to go with my fly new suit.
  • djspanndjspann Posts: 541
    That Unglaub looks like a great 3!!! Congrats on the others as well.

I doubled my HOFers with today's mail! Here are some scans:

Doug
  • Those are some nice pickups for 4's. Latest today below.

Thanks! I think I got a good deal on those cards too, but I haven't bought many HOFers, so I don't know for sure.

Here are my latest 2, including my first Cobb. I got it in the Cardboard Classics auction. It's not a great looking 3, but it still looks pretty nice, I think.

Doug
  • bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Doug, very nice Cobb, congrats on the pickup !

As always some nice new additions from everyone.

"The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Great cards everyone - I couldn't pass this beater up for $20 on ebay -

Thanks, Bri!

Doug
  • I was going to say Doug, that is a great Cobb for the grade I think. It's also the next "big" card on my list after now having the Matty, Young and Johnson portraits.
  • 262Runner262Runner Posts: 606 ✭✭✭
    I went to a local show this afternoon and found these three. I think I did OK for $50

Dave

Collecting all cards - Gus Zernial
    Post Cereal both raw and PSA Graded (1961-1963)

• Not bad at all for $50.

And the one with the stamp on the back is the same as Joe has on several of his...
  • 262Runner262Runner Posts: 606 ✭✭✭
    Thanks asphaltman, these are my first "raw" purchases, until now all of my T206's have come already graded.

Collecting all cards - Gus Zernial
    Post Cereal both raw and PSA Graded (1961-1963)

• MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Great pics all along - that Unglaub is one crack 3 -
    I'm way behind in posting recent additions, but I thought I'd check in and ask the proverbial question:
    How the hell?:
    1 Don Louchios 8.16 98.47% 7.94

Frickin' unbelievable.image
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

<< <i>I was going to say Doug, that is a great Cobb for the grade I think. It's also the next "big" card on my list after now having the Matty, Young and Johnson portraits. >>

Thanks, asphaltman. I really like how clean it is. Thankfully, its corners are worn, otherwise, it'd never find its way into my hands. image

Even though it's a "big" card, it doesn't put much of a dent in this set! Yikes.

Congratulations on your big portraits -- the Johnson and the Young are still on my list.

Doug
    I think that Cobb looks great, Doug. Plus overprint backs are cooler than plain ones. I'd love to have that card.

My own additions weren't quite as cool. This Burns was a BVG 2 that went for just $17 or so:

But I do really like this McLean. One of the better images in the set, plus a cool reverse:

The crazy thing is that I had been looking for that card for quite a while and then picked this up a couple weeks later:

• Steve are you getting the T215's off ebay? I keep wondering why I'm missing them!
    Nah, I got that one in Clean Sweep. I haven't seen too many on eBay lately. There was a raw Chase a few weeks ago that sold for a reasonable price, then a demolished (SGC 10) Dots Miller that sold for quite a bit earlier this week. There's a Reulbach running now. It's rough but I still wouldn't mind it.
    Thanks, Yawie. I like the overprints too. I'm surprised they don't command more of a premium.

Nice EPDG -- I only have 1 in my collection, and in retrospect, I'm glad that I have it. It seems that they're selling for a stronger premium lately.

Doug

• << <i>
    Nice EPDG -- I only have 1 in my collection, and in retrospect, I'm glad that I have it. It seems that they're selling for a stronger premium lately.

Doug >>

Doug, you're right. Very strong premium. I collect the EPDG subset and have been getting beat routinely at aggressive levels for cards on ebay.
    Steve that's a quality raw EPDG for sure.

As an aside; (shameless begging) anyone here that can help me in my quest and has EPDG Backs they would be willing to trade or sell, I'd be interested.
    Thanks.

RayB
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • What's up fellas? And thanks Dave for pointing me to this thread. I've heard some good things about you guys and am looking forward to being a part of it. I too am a T-206 collector. I started in January of this year. I collect low grade PSA 1's to maybe the 4 range, but nothing higher.

I'd just like to say that there are some very nice cards on here. I hope to add some like those to my collection in the near future.

Again, hello to everyone, and when I get home tonight, I'll start posting some of my collection.

Regards,
    Eric
  • Good to see you finally got through Eric
    Welcome, Eric!

Doug
  • Thanks guys.

I ran into a problem at home last night with my internet. I think my modem dumped out on me and I will have to get a new one. As soon as I do, I'll post some pics.

Oh, and Dave....I got my correct Elberfeld image

-Eric
  • I figured that when I got mine. image
  • OK, I'm back online. I'll start by posting my 6 horizontal cards. I love these.

• That Pattee looks like a pretty strong 2, unless i'm missing something
  • Nope, your definitely not missing anything. I think it's highly undergraded. Very clean white back, and no creases or tears. Just some slightly rounded corners. The Murphy is also in pretty good shape for a 2. That pic is from my scanner, which is a P.O.S., so you really can't tell (the Patee is a scan from the person I bought it from). The back on the Murph is darkened a bit (not white). But no creases, or tears or anything. But again, slightly rounded corners.

-E
  • I always found it easier to scan T206's and show off more of the card in detail putting black construction paper behind the slab when you scan it...makes the card stick out more. That's one thing I hate about PSA's slabs as compared to SGC
  • Thanks. I'll have to try that when I pick up some more.
  • sonoranmonsoonsonoranmonsoon Posts: 2,078 ✭✭

<< <i>That Pattee looks like a pretty strong 2, unless i'm missing something >>

I was thinking the same thing. Looks much better than a PSA-2
    That Pattee does look great. Ya done good.

Just one new T206 for me this week, but it's always nice to add a Hindu Southern Leaguer:

The sad thing is that when marking it off on my Excel checklist, I saw how many SL'ers I still need.
  • Don't know how you keep picking those up Steve. Kicking myself today. There was a Bobby Wallace Hindu back listed in the 1950's cards...so I figured it might fly under the radar...but I forgot to set a snipe this morning before it ended...oh well.
  • Nice Steve! I have yet to add one to my collection.
  • Here's some of my HOFers:

• Oops! Posted the message twice. I'll post the second half a little later.
  • lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭
    Fell behind a little. Nothing exciting, Rudolph is my first EPDG..

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • crazy...nice bender. presents very well.
  • Thanks Major.

And LC, nice PSA 2 Huggins. Looks really nice. Congrats on your first EPDG!
  • lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Crazy. The Huggins actually has some paperloss on the back so I was pleasantly surprised when they gave it a 2. The front is really nice with great color so maybe that helped a little.
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies

• I wanted a COBB, and I know the Green Portrait is the most desirable (assuming due to rareness?), but IMHO the bat-off is the best looking of the bunch, and the one I selected to add to my collection.

• good buy, hofautos. I believe the most popular of the 4 cobbs is the red back. the green cobb is the most expensive (rarest of the four).

You cant go wrong with the bat off, though..especially in solid condition, as yours is.
  • Nice Cobb HOFautos. I hope to add at least one of the 4 cobbs to my set within the next year or so. That's how long it'll take to save up for it.

My other problem......every time I do get the funds, I always spend it on something else. T206 related of course image
  • Scott,
    Funny that Huggins and Unglaub look familiar. image