Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1972 Topps Baseball - Official PSA Thread!

Comments

• Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    I have not seen a Buckner for a long while....

• Options
    NeilDowneyNeilDowney Posts: 840 ✭✭
    Hi Guys, How's it going in 1972 land? I have spent 100s of hours doing research on pre-war cards and sets. I was trying to find a set that I would like to work on and have fun with. I found many great sets but none that I felt would make me happy to work on and build. Therefore, I decided to start building my favorite team sets (in PSA 8) from the first years of my collecting life. My youth was when the cards gave me the most happiness and joy. That would be the 1973-74 Topps Knicks, 1971-72 Topps Rangers and Bruins, 1971 Topps Colts and Cowboys and lastly, the 1972 Topps Mets and Yankees. My Rangers and Cowboys team sets are complete. The Knicks team set is half done. I have yet to start the Colts or Bruins but I've started looking. I'd also like to start getting in well centered, PSA 8 1972 Topps Mets and Yankees cards too. I was hoping that some of you guys might have extras that are for sale. I'd love to get in some lots of inexpensive cards first just to get the ball rolling and also try not to let the shipping costs get out of hand. I am one of the original 1972 Topps "fab five" members (the first person with a set listed on the registry) but I haven't collected 1972 Topps cards in years. Besides cards, I could use some advise on the best way to go about getting these cards and which ones will give me trouble finding them. Any comments are welcome. Feel free to PM me or email me at nbdowney@msn.com - Thanks for your time, Neil
  • Options

<< <i>Hi,

Does anyone have a PSA 8 Bill Buckner for sale?

Regards,

Greg M. >>

Hi Greg... just checked my raw 72's and although I do have a Buckner, it almost certainly would not grade an 8. It's slightly miscut and OC and has a part of a rough edge. Not gradeable in my mindimage

Let me know if there are any more you're looking for. I'm getting ready to send a bunch of 72's that I'm hoping for 8's on. I'm mainly shooting for low pop cards, but if you have a few you're looking for, ket me know and I can send them in if they're in good enough condition.
    Jim G
    All-time favorite athletes:
    Steve Sax, Steve Garvey, Larry Bird, Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Andre Agassi, Karch Kiraly, Wayne Gretzky, Ichiro Suzuki, Andres Galarraga, Greg Maddux.
    "Make the world a better place... punch both A-Rods in the face (Alex Rodriguez and Andy Roddick)!"
  • Options

<< <i>Hi Guys, How's it going in 1972 land? I have spent 100s of hours doing research on pre-war cards and sets. I was trying to find a set that I would like to work on and have fun with. I found many great sets but none that I felt would make me happy to work on and build. Therefore, I decided to start building my favorite team sets (in PSA 8) from the first years of my collecting life. My youth was when the cards gave me the most happiness and joy. That would be the 1973-74 Topps Knicks, 1971-72 Topps Rangers and Bruins, 1971 Topps Colts and Cowboys and lastly, the 1972 Topps Mets and Yankees. My Rangers and Cowboys team sets are complete. The Knicks team set is half done. I have yet to start the Colts or Bruins but I've started looking. I'd also like to start getting in well centered, PSA 8 1972 Topps Mets and Yankees cards too. I was hoping that some of you guys might have extras that are for sale. I'd love to get in some lots of inexpensive cards first just to get the ball rolling and also try not to let the shipping costs get out of hand. I am one of the original 1972 Topps "fab five" members (the first person with a set listed on the registry) but I haven't collected 1972 Topps cards in years. Besides cards, I could use some advise on the best way to go about getting these cards and which ones will give me trouble finding them. Any comments are welcome. Feel free to PM me or email me at nbdowney@msn.com - Thanks for your time, Neil >>

Ney Neil, I may be able to help out with some 72 T Yanks and Mets. Are you looking to buy only PSA-8 or some raw as well? Off the top of my head, I know that Murcer & Murcer IA are maybe not so tough, but pretty expensive. Both went in the $80 range on ebay recently in PSA-8 (the IA was mine). The other one I know of is #533 Ralph Houk. Only 25 8's, five 9's and zero 10's makes it one of the toughest finds in the set. I have one but unfortunately it's way too OC to consider getting it graded. Anyway, I will PM you later with the decent Mets/yanks I have.
    Jim G
    Steve Sax, Steve Garvey, Larry Bird, Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Andre Agassi, Karch Kiraly, Wayne Gretzky, Ichiro Suzuki, Andres Galarraga, Greg Maddux.
    "Make the world a better place... punch both A-Rods in the face (Alex Rodriguez and Andy Roddick)!"
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Hi,

Does anyone have a PSA 8 Bill Buckner for sale?

Regards,

Greg M. >>

Hi Greg... just checked my raw 72's and although I do have a Buckner, it almost certainly would not grade an 8. It's slightly miscut and OC and has a part of a rough edge. Not gradeable in my mindimage

Let me know if there are any more you're looking for. I'm getting ready to send a bunch of 72's that I'm hoping for 8's on. I'm mainly shooting for low pop cards, but if you have a few you're looking for, ket me know and I can send them in if they're in good enough condition. >>

Thanks for your response. I'm only looking for Buckner - for my Buckner basic and master sets. Thanks for looking.

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    I think that I would like to keep control of this 1972 Topps Mets and Yankees team sets project if I can. If I remember correctly, the full Mets team set is 47 cards along with 4 cards that have a Met player showing. The Yankees team set is another 35 cards plus 1 showing on another card. Wow! That's 87 cards total. Just over 11% of the set with only two teams. I forgot what a monster set this is. I was thinking that I could do this project for about $500 or so. I'm not so sure now. Just before I sold my complete set (8.03 GPA), PSA 8 commons were starting to fall. By the time I was done, PSA 9s were going well but PSA 8 commons were tanking and only selling for $3-$5 each (if you could even get that). Are PSA 8 common prices still as weak as before or did someone throw away about a million of them in an effort to boast prices? Neil
  • Options
    Well, some '72 PSA-8 commons are easily attainable at $3-5. I've seen several go for that over the past few week (the last one being Dierker sold by 4SC). But those are all mid-to-high pop cards. I've been analyzing the price and availability of low-pop commons over the past few weeks and this is what I've found...

Many are not even available as PSA graded (or graded by anyone). If you do find them, they are raw and typically in horrible condition (although some actually say NM but are not even close to it). I searched about 20-25 of them last week alone and found only 1 decent PSA available. Based on this, I can only assume that when a PSA does pop up on ebay, it will go for at least SMR value if not a 2 to 5x premium or more. Of course the other factor is how many registry collecters are going after that particular card.

Now that I think about it, the Foli IA I just sold was also a met, so if recent prices hold, you'd be looking at close to $300 just for the Murcer, Murcer IA and Foli IA in PSA-8. Add to that the Houke and your likely almost up against your $500 limit already.

Granted, I'm still learning about all this stuff but these are my somewhat educated opinions. Most of my learning is thanks to the very helpful members of this forum.
    Jim G
  • Options

<< <i>...if recent prices hold, you'd be looking at close to $300 just for the Murcer, Murcer IA and Foli IA in PSA-8. Add to that the Houke and your likely almost up against your $500 limit already. >>

I agree completely. Good luck Neil, but I think you're looking at closer to $1000 to complete those two team sets. Don't forget the once-tough Dave Marshall and Rob Gardner and the two Thurman Munsons and Tom Seavers.

As a side note, Neil's the main reason my set's at 100%. A big deal a few years back added almost 200 PSA 8's to my set (and a big pile of cash to Neil's bank account) at a time when I wasn't really making much progress otherwise. Thanks again, Neil!
  • Options
    Even when I was active, the in action cards were really tough. I was thinking that perhaps I'll start with just the player cards without all of the in action, leaders and BHP cards. I started to gather up really nice raw cards from both teams a few years ago. They wouldn't grade out as 8s (perhaps 7s) so it didn't seem reasonable to even get them graded. Maybe I'll dust off the raw collection and try to work on that instead. The thing is though, the cards just look so nice in the PSA holders. I believe that I will start to bottom feed when I can and see where it takes me. Over time, I could put together a nice pile of PSA 8 cards without it hurting my wallet too much. Great to hear from you Joe. I hope that you are still enjoying your set as much as you did back then. Neil
  • Options
    All- I actually posted this on the buying board and I appologize if this isn't the proper theard for this. Looking to buy any raw commons that you might have that didn't quite make the grade to submit to PSA? The 1971 and 1972 sets intrigue me so Im looking to to put a raw set together. Looking for condition that would have probably yield a "5" or "6" in ex condition. Please email me @ rich at oldsargessports dot com with what you have and what you are looking for as far as price goes.

Thanks again,
    Rich
  • Options
    BkritzBkritz Posts: 1,093 ✭✭
    I just got a nice batch of 1972 topps back from psa. I have a lot of 60 different psa 8s. All clean 8s that I was hoping would get psa 9s. The notable players are NL Leaders with Torre, Garr, AL Leaders with Mercer, Rettenmund, Joe Torre # 500. The rest are commons.

If anyone wants to get a nice chunk of the set done in high end psa 8, I would sell this batch for $375 delivered. OR, i would trade for one or two psa 7 or 8 vintage stars that are worth around the same value.

Here is the full list

5 8 13 15 61 hooton, 63 64 65 cedeno 85 torre/garr/beckert, 86 oliva/murcer, 134 145 kessinger, 158, 165, 166 speier ia 171 darrelll evans, 174 kirby ia, 183 184 melton ia, 185 188 189 191 burroughs rookie, 192 cubs team, 194 196 197 199 201 205 217 218 233 234 236 249 251 large print checklist, 252, 254, 255 258 260 garr 261 263 alou 332 333 337 350 howard, 382 393 416 432 gaston ia, 462, 481 485 486 494 horton boyhood photo 500 torre 504 522 dodgers team.

brian
  • Options
    Wowser: this is a beauuutiful 72 topps expos #582 buy it now (reasonable price?) and have it slabbed!!Haha ha Link
  • Options

<< <i>Wowser: this is a beauuutiful 72 topps expos #582 buy it now (reasonable price?) and have it slabbed!!Haha ha Link >>

I promised myself I wouldn't pay a penny over $2,025 for this card. Sooooo close!
  • Options
    Hmmm... based on that, I'd say the Expos team card I just sent into PSA hoping for an 8 should fetch a pretty pennyimage If a mis-cut piece of crap like that goes for $2,049, then mine should be worth well over $10,000... right?image I'll start taking private bids from interested parties, lol!

Seriously though, I wonder if this could be a typo? If you look at this guys ended & current auctions, most of his older non-graded stuff is going for a only few bucks. I bet he ment to put this up for 2.49 and accidently typed a "0" instead of a "."
    Jim G
  • Options
    Good luck on getting a Expos team card graded in PSA 8 or better.............there has only been three newly graded in the last two years!! ( 2 8's and one 9)

• Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Hmm....

Since Sportspig lives in Morris Plains, NJ - I should contact him and drive the 20 minutes with my 10x loupe. I can check the card over and see if he'd be willing to accept $1800 cash... I wouldn't wanna chance having that baby get lost in the mail! Maybe he won't even realize that he has the SUPER RARE off-center diamondcut version!!!!!

Some people...

Frank
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    The rest of his auctions seem pretty reasonably priced. I'd have to think he typed something wrong. He has a lot of cards priced at X.49, I think he meant 2.49 and hit an extra 0.

Frank, a HUGE THANK YOU for the cards you sent me. I'm just thrilled to have them! image
  • Options

<< <i>I wonder if this could be a typo? If you look at this guys ended & current auctions, most of his older non-graded stuff is going for a only few bucks. I bet he ment to put this up for 2.49 and accidently typed a "0" instead of a "." >>

I wonder what the listing fee is for a $2000 item?
  • Options
    Any '72 collectors going to the National?? .....( besides myself)

• Options
  • Options
    You'd think after this many years, PSA would fix the page turn bug?
  • Options
    Nope - not making Nationals this year... I will just have to settle for listening to you guys post about all the great finds you came up with!!!

Frank
    Frank Bakka

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options

<< <i>Good luck on getting a Expos team card graded in PSA 8 or better.............there has only been three newly graded in the last two years!! ( 2 8's and one 9) >>

Yeah... it's got about 67/33 centering, no marks or printing defects, and only 1 slightly frayed corner. Fits exactly in PSA's description of an 8... so I'll probably end up with a 7 on it, lol (or more aptly... cry out loudimage
    Jim G
  • Options
    Hi everyone. Its been a while since I posted here, but I've been watching everyones progress. Congrats to Arny,Jami, and Joe on reaching 100%. Well, its vacation time and its pretty expensive to fly a family of five, so I'm going to pull about a dozen or so cards out of my set and sell them on ebay to help finance our trip. The cards I chose are for the most part easy to replace or in the case of the low pops, I have raw ones worthy of 8s. I was checking past auctions to get an idea of what I can expect to get but I keep gettin an error page. I dont know if my computer is haywire or ebay is having technical difficulties. Hopefully someone here can help me out. I think Jami at one time kept a record of ebay sales back further than you can search on their site. The cards I'm having trouble with are 292-McRae IA, 296-Dietz IA, 443-Henderson, 445-Seaver, 533-Houk, 655-Grote, and 673-Marshall. All are PSA 8. The McRae IA is super high end with perfect centering both ways. I have 9s that look worse. Anyway, if someone can give me an idea of the going rate for these it would be much appreciated. If anyones interested, I will be listing these either today or tomorrow. My user id is jason045.

Thanks--Jason
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

-Latest Auction Prices for: PSA 8 - Last 5 Sales Average Price: $164.31

Date Auction Auction Link Price Extra

6/28/07 eBay View Auction $198.48

1/22/07 eBay View Auction $128.44

11/18/06 eBay View Auction $166.01

6/3/07 eBay View Auction $59.99

5/16/07 eBay View Auction $36.00

4/28/07 eBay View Auction $40.00

2/27/07 eBay View Auction $46.00

1/28/07 eBay View Auction $53.72

6/28/07 eBay View Auction $76.61

5/28/07 eBay View Auction $46.72

1/28/07 eBay View Auction $26.34

1/14/07 eBay View Auction $9.99

1/13/07 eBay View Auction $20.50

1/7/07 eBay View Auction $41.00

12/19/06 eBay View Auction $51.01

10/21/06 eBay View Auction $56.55

6/3/07 eBay View Auction $52.51

6/3/07 eBay View Auction $49.99

5/29/07 eBay View Auction $51.01

4/15/07 eBay View Auction $85.99

3/30/07 eBay View Auction $53.12

3/25/07 eBay View Auction $67.66

3/11/07 eBay View Auction $47.99

2/21/07 eBay View Auction $59.99

2/18/07 eBay View Auction $29.02

12/12/06 eBay View Auction $13.49

10/31/06 eBay View Auction $54.55

4/29/07 eBay View Auction $68.67

1/31/07 eBay View Auction $74.01

11/19/06 eBay View Auction $50.01

10/21/06 eBay View Auction $52.40

4/26/07 eBay View Auction $40.00

2/4/07 eBay View Auction $39.99

1/31/07 eBay View Auction $53.99

1/27/07 eBay View Auction $42.99

1/20/07 eBay View Auction $13.59

11/26/06 eBay View Auction $46.72

4/9/07 eBay View Auction $41.00

1/19/07 eBay View Auction $77.01

12/14/06 eBay View Auction $93.01

• Options
    I'm about 95% complete and need most of those cards so I will be bidding! I did pick up this pesky #94 in a psa 8. Just got it out of an ebay store for $15! I belive it's the only deal I've got latley. Item #150136172713
    Dwayne
  • Options
    I know this isn't one of the lowest pop cards out there for '72, but I do have a nice PSA-8 Reuss #775 up on ebay if any of you are interested. It ends in 2 days.

72 Topps Reuss PSA-8
    Jim G
  • Options
    I've got an extra PSA 8 NQ Green Letter Variation Glenn Beckert that I'd like to trade for a PSA 8 NQ Green Letter Variation Juan Pizarro. Let me know if anybody's interested... I'll need a scan to make sure the Pizarro is really a Green Letter version and not a mislabeled Yellow letter one.
  • Options
    All my ebay listings just went live for anyone who's interested. Thanks--Jason
  • Options

<< <i>All my ebay listings just went live for anyone who's interested. Thanks--Jason >>

Good luck.....

• Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Links to Jason's cards....1972 Toughies!

Good luck Jason!
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Man Jason, that's an impressive list of tough cards! That McRae IA is one of the nicest I've seen... wouldn't be surprised to see that thing bust the $200 barrier! Good luck on the rest of them (although I doubt you'll need itimage
    Jim G
  • Options
    Thanks. The McRae is really nice. I was disappointed it came back an 8. Measured with a dial caliper the difference in the borders is less than .010". Virtually perfect centering and razor sharp. I thought about resubmitting it to try for a 9, but I'm leaving Aug 1 and need the dough pretty quick. Realistically if you submitted this card 10 times it would probably come back an 8 five time and a 9 five times based on my experience submitting '72s. Since I started collecting this set I've done really well submitting the "tough" cards. I've pulled at least 1 and in some cases, multiple 8s on all the traditionally tough cards except the Kendall. That card has been a real bear for me. The closest I've come was a 9oc when I forgot to specify no qualifiers. On resubmission it got a 7. The centering was 50/50 L/R and 37/63 T/B which falls within the parameters for an 8. Just goes to show you it all depends on the grader you get.
  • Options
    That Kendall is a pain in the patootie for sure!

I've got a 9OC in my set and I've been looking for raw ones capable of hitting an 8 at least and no dice. The closest I got was one raw card that looked very good, but I got sniped for it and it ended in the $50-60 range. It might've had an outside shot at a 9 which is why it went so high.

What has a PSA 9 Kendall gone for? Does anyone remember?
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options

<< <i>What has a PSA 9 Kendall gone for? Does anyone remember? >>

The only PSA 9 Kendall, I recall, being sold on ebay was FB's.......it went, I believe, in the $350 neighborhood.

There has not been a newly graded PSA 9 since before August '04 !!

• Options
    $300 even - last October...

And surprisingly enough - the Houk 9 went for $359 that same day.

Frank
    Frank Bakka

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    The McRae IA did bust the $200 mark....congrats Jason!
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    I bid hard on most of Jasons cards but only ended up with one of them. I did finally get the #708 Foli In Action PSA 9 (1 of 6) with a $20 Buy It Now!!! I may even stop feeling like 4 sharp Corners is the 'Evil Empire" of graded cards (Ebay Item number: 290142456142.) I'm not sure what this card has sold for in the past but the PSA 8 version up now is going for $100+.
  • Options
    Was that right? $20 buy it now? Or, did you mean $200?
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    NOPE. I really meant $20!!image
  • Options

<< <i>I bid hard on most of Jasons cards but only ended up with one of them. I did finally get the #708 Foli In Action PSA 9 (1 of 6) with a $20 Buy It Now!!! I may even stop feeling like 4 sharp Corners is the 'Evil Empire" of graded cards (Ebay Item number: 290142456142.) I'm not sure what this card has sold for in the past but the PSA 8 version up now is going for $100+. >>

WOW......WOW....WOW.......Good on ya.......Someone at 4SC messed up BIG time on that Foli IA.

You were in the right place at the right time. Congrats!!

• Options
    If you'd like to sell it, I'll give you $100 right now for it. image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    The PSA 8 on Ebay is now pushing $200. I wonder what this 9 would sell for if I relisted it? I would trade down for a PSA 8 of the same card if a few others I need are included. I also thought about relisting it and using the buy It now on about 5 cards I need in Bill Novicks store. My registered set is listed as Dwaynes 1972 topps Set (currently #10) if anyone wants to see what I need to make an offer. I also want to upgrade the #178 Schaal IA (the only 6 I have in the set) & any 7's or qualified cards.
    Dwayne
  • Options
    Hey Howell/Squirrel... that's gotta be one of the best deals/goofs I've heard of on ebay... congrats! Just think, you got that PSA-9 Foli IA .50 cents cheaper than the Garrido PSA-8 you won from me a while backimage! Pretty amazing! I'm a bit miffed that the PSA-8 Foli from 4SC went for $199.99 just 5 weeks after I sold mine for "only" $135 (and that was the first 8 on ebay in 6 months!). Oh well, that's the way it rolls sometimes... Anyway, I would think that PSA-9 could bring in $500-$600+ since there are no 10's out there.

On another note... my 135 June special sub popped 2 days ago... had about 45 72's in there. Unfortunately, the results were not that grand. Only got a handful of 8's, mostly 7's and even a few 6's (not sure how that happened).

Anyway, the big card... Expos Team... came back a 7. Was really hoping for an 8 on that as I beleive that would have brought in ~$300 or so. There's no price data from VCP for any grade on the Expos card, which most likely means that there have been no graded ones on ebay for almost 1 year. So hopefully I can still get decent $$$ for it even in a 7.
    Jim G
  • Options
    BkritzBkritz Posts: 1,093 ✭✭
    Hey 1972ers.

I have some psa 9s here. $16 each delivered. Just PM.

Brian

1972 TOPPS DAVE LaROCHE # 352 PSA 9 MINT

1972 TOPPS RON COOK # 339 PSA 9 MINT

1972 TOPPS STAN SWANSON # 331 PSA 9 MINT

1972 TOPPS COOKIE ROJAS # 415 PSA 9 MINT

1972 TOPPS DICK BILLINGS # 148 PSA 9 MINT

1972 TOPPS BREWERS TEAM # 106 PSA 9 MINT

1972 TOPPS CHECKLIST 133-263 # 103 PSA 9 MINT

1972 TOPPS PAT KELLY # 326 PSA 8 NM-MT
  • Options
    PM Sent.
    Frank Bakka

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    Just got a few '72s back from PSA. I got butchered on a few of 'em. I assumed the lowest grade I would receive was a 7. I Got 4 6's this time! I can't win with the #532 Fred Kendall! It looked like an 8 under magnification to me. Oh well maybe next time.
    Dwayne
    1 40610589 1972 TOPPS 651 REDS TEAM N/A 8
    2 40610590 1972 TOPPS 94 AL PITCHING LEADERS M.LOLICH/V.BLUE/W.WOOD 6
    2 40610591 1972 TOPPS 94 AL PITCHING LEADERS M.LOLICH/V.BLUE/W.WOOD 8OC
    3 40610592 1972 TOPPS 92 A.L. E.R.A. LEADERS V.BLUE/W.WOOD/J.PALMER 7
    4 40610593 1972 TOPPS 85 NL BATTING LEADERS J.TORRE/R.GARR/G.BECKERT 8
    5 40610594 1972 TOPPS 221 N.L. PLAYOFFS BUCS CHAMPS! 6
    6 40610595 1972 TOPPS 226 WORLD SERIES GAME 4 N/A 8
    7 40610596 1972 TOPPS 223 WORLD SERIES GAME 1 N/A 8
    8 40610597 1972 TOPPS 224 WORLD SERIES GAME 2 N/A 8
    9 40610598 1972 TOPPS 430 BOB ROBERTSON IA N/A 9OC
    10 40610599 1972 TOPPS 700 BOBBY MURCER IA N/A 6
    11 40610600 1972 TOPPS 444 KEN HENDERSON IA N/A 9OC
    12 40610601 1972 TOPPS 34 BILLY MARTIN IA N/A 7
    13 40610602 1972 TOPPS 293 DANNY FRISELLA N/A 8
    13 40610603 1972 TOPPS 293 DANNY FRISELLA N/A 7
    14 40610604 1972 TOPPS 48 JOHN ELLIS IA N/A 7
    15 40610605 1972 TOPPS 532 FRED KENDALL N/A 7
    16 40610606 1972 TOPPS 590 GRAIG NETTLES N/A 6
    17 40610607 1972 TOPPS 8 RON SWOBODA N/A 7
  • Options
    Uggh!!! Yeah - 6's will make your heart sink when those grades pop...

Frank
    Frank Bakka

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options

<< <i>Just got a few '72s back from PSA. I got butchered on a few of 'em. I assumed the lowest grade I would receive was a 7. I Got 4 6's this time! I can't win with the #532 Fred Kendall! It looked like an 8 under magnification to me. Oh well maybe next time.
    Dwayne

OUCH is right, Better luck next time, you have my condolences.