Home Sports Talk

The Kansas City Chiefs are setting themselves up for a major collapse this upcoming season.

Comments

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭✭

chiefs have no problem diving into the sewer to dredge up any garbage they can find.
    but that doesn't make them special , the patriots are pretty good at that too .
    It seems to have tapered off a bit since Bill left though :D

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭✭✭

By my count.

Category… Major collapses
    Time Frame… Last two years

Eagles- 2
    Chiefs- 0

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 17, 2024 6:52AM

The incident with Hunt was in a hotel and it was a group fight type of thing

Hunt did kick a girl but we don't know the entire situation, as soon as it happened the Chiefs released Hunt but they put up with Tyreek Hill doing something moronic and it was ok because he was Mahomes go to guy

If your not that important then the squeaky clean attitude rears it's head, if your important then it doesn't exist.

Patriots did the same thing with Antonio Brown

@perkdog said:
    The incident with Hunt was in a hotel and it was a group fight type of thing

Hunt did kick a girl but we don't know the entire situation, as soon as it happened the Chiefs released Hunt but they put up with Tyreek Hill doing something moronic and it was ok because he was Mahomes go to guy

If your not that important then the squeaky clean attitude rears it's head, if your important then it doesn't exist.

Patriots did the same thing with Antonio Brown

AB was worth it though , didn't he troll kreepy Kraft about his strip mall prostitution incident ? :D

• MistlinMistlin Posts: 301 ✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    Chiefs right now may be the worst 2-0 team in NFL history.

The bookies though still showing them some love as 4.5 point favorites this coming Sunday night.

2-0 > 1-1

I do not have time for ignorant trolls.
    ignore list: 1948_Swell_Robinson, Darin, bgr, bronco2078, dallasactuary

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,878 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see Kansas City folding.

As a Patriots fan, I'm starting to understand why the rest of the league hated them. It gets tiresome to see the same team win year after year. If you get a good quarterback, you will always be in the mix. If you have a bad one, you are toast.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • stevekstevek Posts: 28,732 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:

As a Patriots fan, I'm starting to understand why the rest of the league hated them. It gets tiresome to see the same team win year after year. If you get a good quarterback, you will always be in the mix. If you have a bad one, you are toast.

I don't disagree with ya. But it wouldn't be rational right now, considering the Chiefs two very lackluster performances thus far, even though they won the games, to think of them as a Super Bowl winning team.

I'm sticking with the call that they will not three-peat, and frankly at this point, it's a very easy call.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,878 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@BillJones said:

I don't disagree with ya. But it wouldn't be rational right now, considering the Chiefs two very lackluster performances thus far, even though they won the games, to think of them as a Super Bowl winning team.

I'm sticking with the call that they will not three-peat, and frankly at this point, it's a very easy call.

Winning three times is very hard, but unfortunately their chief competition, Buffalo, has a franchise tradition of choking when it counts. I though Buffalo would get them last year when they got the playoff game in Buffalo, but the Bills continued their tradition.

It's a bit like the Phillies were in the mid to late 1970s. They played great all year and then lost in the play-offs. Pete Rose was the spark they needed to win in 1980. Buffalo needs a Pete Rose.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
    edited September 17, 2024 1:43PM

@stevek said:

@BillJones said:

Really? Showing yourself on this board after the fleagles game yesterday. WOW. 😳🤔😂😂

@stevek said:

@BillJones said:

Of course because as everyone knows the Super Bowl is won or lost the first couple games of the season.

Steve honest question.. are you on drugs? All you’re doing is spouting stupid nonsense so if so I would urge you to quit. They won’t help whatever you’re going through.

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

@Basebal21 said:

@craig44 said:
    oh my gosh, Hunt?!?!?!?! didnt they cut that guy years ago for some sort of domestic abuse disturbance? That is a SUPER bad look for Reid. not much integrity there...

I dont think it was domestic but he pushed some woman to the ground and kicked her. It was definitely assault on a woman. He probably gave her a secret pay off so she wouldnt press charges given that no charges were filed and its clear as day on video. As long as you arent critical of the league or a pedophile NFL teams just simply dont care if they think you can help them win

close enough. any time a man lays hands on a woman it is a major red flag for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnOnA1r-rR0

Agreed. He was the aggressor that turned things psychical and kept trying to make it psychical. Theres no reason the verbal confrontation should have even happened, he was two feet from his room door just go inside and call hotel security if the woman wont go away.

If a normal person did that they would have faced charges.

Missouri 14 OSU 3

@Darin said:

@stevek said:

@BillJones said:

Of course because as everyone knows the Super Bowl is won or lost the first couple games of the season.

Steve honest question.. are you on drugs? All you’re doing is spouting stupid nonsense so if so I would urge you to quit. They won’t help whatever you’re going through.

I don't do drugs. I'm not even on any prescription drugs.

I would suggest you try to do the same. 😉

@BillJones said:

@stevek said:

@BillJones said:

Winning three times is very hard, but unfortunately their chief competition, Buffalo, has a franchise tradition of choking when it counts. I though Buffalo would get them last year when they got the playoff game in Buffalo, but the Bills continued their tradition.

It's a bit like the Phillies were in the mid to late 1970s. They played great all year and then lost in the play-offs. Pete Rose was the spark they needed to win in 1980. Buffalo needs a Pete Rose.

@BillJones said:

@stevek said:

@BillJones said:

The Chiefs, if they do three-peat this season, might simply be known as the tallest midget in the circus. But they won't need to worry about that, I doubt if they even win a playoff game.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Basebal21 said:

@craig44 said:

@Basebal21 said:

@craig44 said:
    oh my gosh, Hunt?!?!?!?! didnt they cut that guy years ago for some sort of domestic abuse disturbance? That is a SUPER bad look for Reid. not much integrity there...

I dont think it was domestic but he pushed some woman to the ground and kicked her. It was definitely assault on a woman. He probably gave her a secret pay off so she wouldnt press charges given that no charges were filed and its clear as day on video. As long as you arent critical of the league or a pedophile NFL teams just simply dont care if they think you can help them win

close enough. any time a man lays hands on a woman it is a major red flag for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnOnA1r-rR0

Agreed. He was the aggressor that turned things psychical and kept trying to make it psychical. Theres no reason the verbal confrontation should have even happened, he was two feet from his room door just go inside and call hotel security if the woman wont go away.

If a normal person did that they would have faced charges.

In!!! 😎

• pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@BillJones said:

It's not the way you start but the way you finish.

Not sure what year it was that the Chiefs were not playing very well but I think they still won that year. I think everyone in their division was pretty bad that year.

@stevek said:

The Chiefs, if they do three-peat this season, might simply be known as the tallest midget in the circus. But they won't need to worry about that, I doubt if they even win a playoff game.

It's pretty funny that Eagles fans worry more about the Chiefs than their own team.

@Mistlin said:

@stevek said:

It's pretty funny that Eagles fans worry more about the Chiefs than their own team.

I do worry about Travis and Taylor finally breaking up.

I plan on sending both of them a sympathy card when it happens. Perhaps a few Kleenex tissues in there along with the card.

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PatrickMahomes....

Happy Birthday... 🥳🎉🎂

🥳🎉🎂

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like to give a great big "atta boy" to Patrick Mahomes. I read that he is encouraging people to vote, but is not endorsing any political party or politician for the upcoming election. Good on you Patrick. letting people think for themselves and not try to use your platform to influence them.

LeBron sure could take a cue from Mr. Mahomes!!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

@BillJones said:

@stevek said:

@BillJones said:

Cincinnati probably won't do much better than Buffalo. if given the chance

• bgrbgr Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    I would like to give a great big "atta boy" to Patrick Mahomes. I read that he is encouraging people to vote, but is not endorsing any political party or politician for the upcoming election. Good on you Patrick. letting people think for themselves and not try to use your platform to influence them.

LeBron sure could take a cue from Mr. Mahomes!!

All I know is to vote No on 15! Thanks to the tri Lambs.

Yeah that 15 dude on that Red Team is Pretty Cool...

Why do the people who complain most about the coverage Swift and Kelce receive are also the same people who cannot stop talking about them?

@Mistlin said:
    Why do the people who complain most about the coverage Swift and Kelce receive are also the same people who cannot stop talking about them?

You brought it up.

Are you in jail ?

@Mistlin said:

Bait,bait bait.

Are you fishing.

• bgrbgr Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭

@Mistlin said:

Deep.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

this is my analysis. peeps are growing tired of the Chiefs. they're ready for some new blood. as a result, they're whipping out the scooby dum magnifying glass feverishly searching for any chink in the armor. it happened all last season. they won many nondescript games in the reg season with the majority of Mahomes' skill position teammates being akin to taking a knife to a gunfight, and one would have thought that the sky was falling based on what was being said. yet they ultimately won the chip. that's the power of Reid and Mahomes.........bet against them at your own peril.

cracks me up that people are once again speaking of their demise, yet they haven't lost a game. and they have a better roster than they did last season. at some point they're going to start firing on all cylinders. then what? all of a sudden they'll start losing? guys they have a winning culture in KC. they emerge victorious even when they play a C- game while trying to iron out the kinks, then they turn it up as the season progresses. and when the games truly becoming meaningful, it's on. rinse and repeat, every season now.

quick, if the season ended today, who exactly would take them out? a winless Baltimore team? a San Fran team that just lost to Minny? a Detroit team that just lost to Tampa? a Houston squad that just eked out a home victory against a team that looks like it can't throw for 100 yards? a Philly team that just gift-wrapped a game to the Falcons? the Chiefs' bitch the Buffalo Bills? Miami with mistlin playing quarterback? who exactly?

fellas there's a very good chance that it's going to be the same song, 4th verse

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

@galaxy27 said:

fellas there's a very good chance that it's going to be the same song, 4th verse

rumor has it , the cow kicked Nelly in the belly in the barn

Nelly hails from KC

coincidence? I think not ;)

edited September 18, 2024 12:38PM

Losing Pacheco is a tough hit but getting it out of the way now is better than down the stretch, he is one of the most violent runners I've seen since that poor bastard Marion Barber.

Their WR corps is far better than last year, even with Kelce looking not so much like himself

The D has some holes like every team but there is no reason to believe they won't be in the mix come AFC Championship time, but it's a long season but you cannot count Mahomes and the Chiefs out of the discussion under any circumstances

I think this may be the final season for Travis Kelce.

He will join his future Hall of Fame Eagles brother in retirement.

The pompous Chiefs have had amazing luck so far this season. Yes, it's better to be lucky than good, but the Chiefs luck runs out on Sunday.

I think the Falcons win the game Sunday night, although it may be close.

Chiefs now at 3-0 and playing well.

Credit where credit is due.

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldnt type 3-0 so fast..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

mahomes has the magic back, but this drive will be lost to defensive failures and penalties

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

That was way closer than it should have been.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

The KC win completed my 3 leg parlay but I had my doubts for awhile.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

Falcons got royally screwed when a BLATANT pass interference was not called late in the game. What's worse is a referee was standing nearby! Had the play been called, it would have given the Falcons 1st and goal on the one...game ovah!!
    HORRIBLE no call.

With the supernatural luck the Chiefs seem to keep having, game after game after game, I don't see why this NFL season should continue. Just anoint the Chiefs this season's Super Bowl winner, Kansas City can have their championship parade now while the weather is good, and then everyone can move on to next year's NFL season. When things might get back to normal and maybe the luck is distributed equally among the other teams.

@grote15 said:
    I wouldnt type 3-0 so fast..

When Cousins threw that interception with around 25 seconds left in the first half, which gave the Chiefs an easy field goal, i knew it was over. That interception was perhaps the dumbest, most uncalled for interception that i have ever seen considering the situation. It was destined to come back to haunt them.

The Falcons had a 10-6 lead against the favored Chiefs. The Falcons have the football on around their own 35 yard line, seconds left in the half, ya just run out the clock in that situation and go into the locker room at halftime feeling good about a nice 4 point lead. Okay if ya wanna throw a Hail Mary type bomb and it gets intercepted, no big deal. The Chiefs then have the ball on say their own 25 yard line, and they just run out the clock anyway. But inexplicably, Cousins decides to throw a short pass. The last call, the worst call. the dumbest call possible in that situation is a short pass. What is the stinking point of it?

Yes what was stated about the end of the game with the refs is of course relevant. But take away that gift 3 points, then towards the end of the game the Chiefs are only leading 19-17 with seconds left. The Falcons are on around the Chiefs 15 yard line, and the Falcons kick a chip-shot field goal to win the game 20-19.

The Chiefs incredible luck continues.....

Now i gotta put up for another week with all the dam meme's from Chiefs fans, who don't even know the difference between a football and a soccer ball.

😉

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

i'll never understand going east-west on 4th & short when you have the best running back in the league. all that decision did was give a Chief time to shoot the gap and blow up Robinson, and whaddya know, it happened. stupid ass play call.

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

Chiefs playing well so far.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

Lately, some of these play calls by some coaches are baffling, and the "baffling" calls usually don't work. I'm not being prejudiced, I'm including the Eagles head coach in that equation.

Perhaps it's the ridiculously overpaid, pampered QB's making an audible, I don't know?

@MCMLVTopps said:
    Had the play been called, it would have given the Falcons 1st and goal on the one...game ovah!!
    HORRIBLE no call.

Yes it was...

I thought this was Pretty Cool...
    🏈😎🏈😎

Helpful guide for Chief's fans:

Soccer ball: ⚽

Football: 🏈

Happy to be of help.

Next lesson - Why the goal posts are different in soccer and football.

edited September 23, 2024 9:04AM

This is probably just a coincidence, but the ref who made that non-call, just bought a house in Martha's Vineyard.

Yes it was pass interference at the end of game, bad no call.
    Just as bad was the roughing the passer called on Chris Jones earlier in the game which was a horrific call. First a lineman had hands in Jones face, which he fought through for the sack then gently tackled Cousins.
    Should have been 4th down, instead the falcons get a gift 1st down and then score a TD.
    Of course the only bad calls that ever get mentioned by the casual fan are the ones with 1 minute or less left in the game.