Home Sports Talk

The Kansas City Chiefs are setting themselves up for a major collapse this upcoming season.

Comments

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

i called Bijan the best RB earlier but that was work wrecking my thought. one of the best. but the bigger point is you give a talented back like that the ball and let him destroy the line of scrimmage on 4th and short while giving the d-line as little time as possible to penetrate

nah, let's go east-west and ask him to run 10 yards before hitting the line of scrimmage and pray that a Chief doesn't find a crease in the process

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

• fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭

Chiefs are not playing very well yet but are still 3-0. Feels like the Eagles last season where they had a great record early but were exposed as a bad team as the season went along. That said, I have a lot more faith in the Chiefs improving to match their record than I did with the Eagles.

Robb

• stevekstevek Posts: 28,732 ✭✭✭✭✭

@fergie23 said:
    Chiefs are not playing very well yet but are still 3-0. Feels like the Eagles last season where they had a great record early but were exposed as a bad team as the season went along. That said, I have a lot more faith in the Chiefs improving to match their record than I did with the Eagles.

Robb

You may turn out to be correct. That being said, I think the Chiefs will fall-off as the season wears on, especially towards the end of the season.

I'm calling it right now, if the Chiefs make the playoffs which it appears they probably will, they will lose their first playoff game. I don't care who is the opponent or what is the point spread.

Considering how wrong I've been about the Chiefs thus far, now Chiefs fans who gamble have time to re-mortgage their house, re-finance their car, place their card collection in hock at a local pawn shop, etc, to gather together as much money as possible, and place it all on the Chiefs in their first playoff game. Then after the game, pay back all the loans and have enough winning money to buy a 52 Mantle. 😉

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    Helpful guide for Chief's fans:

Soccer ball: ⚽

Football: 🏈

Happy to be of help.

Next lesson - Why the goal posts are different in soccer and football.

Very impressive with the info. Not a Chief's fan, but nice of you to help them stay informed.

Was wondering if you'd maybe get a little into ping pong, tennis, and pickelball...after that, perhaps some snooker and billiards. Just want to keep it lively. B)

@MCMLVTopps said:

@stevek said:
    Helpful guide for Chief's fans:

Soccer ball: ⚽

Football: 🏈

Happy to be of help.

Next lesson - Why the goal posts are different in soccer and football.

Very impressive with the info. Not a Chief's fan, but nice of you to help them stay informed.

Was wondering if you'd maybe get a little into ping pong, tennis, and pickelball...after that, perhaps some snooker and billiards. Just want to keep it lively. B)

I've read where 99 out of 100 Chiefs fans can't find Missouri on a map. Not sure if that's true or not? Might only be 98.

Hey I gotta try somehow to hiss off Chiefs fans. I certainly haven't been very successful jinxing the Chiefs in this thread. And I now refuse to name that singer who is dating Travis Kelce. Seems every time I do, the Chiefs win the game. 😆

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    mahomes has the magic back, but this drive will be lost to defensive failures and penalties

but no! at the edge of the cliff they do some chiefs magic

going to be an interesting rest of season

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GroceryRackPack said:

@MCMLVTopps said:
    Had the play been called, it would have given the Falcons 1st and goal on the one...game ovah!!
    HORRIBLE no call.

Yes it was...

Yes...Throw the Yellow 🟨

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GroceryRackPack said:

@GroceryRackPack said:

@MCMLVTopps said:
    Had the play been called, it would have given the Falcons 1st and goal on the one...game ovah!!
    HORRIBLE no call.

Yes it was...

Yes...Throw the Yellow 🟨

How could this not be called...this was the whole game.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

My take is this, and I say this while admitting that I want the Chiefs to fail only because of the Brady vs Mahomes legacy thing but otherwise I do like Mahomes and think he is solid young man and a HOF'er

All that being said you can't put yourself in a position to be beaten by one play like that, you cannot trust that a call like that will or won't be made when the game is on the line.

Atlanta should have had more points on the board but didn't and in the books it's a L.

"I do like Mahomes and think he is solid young man and a HOF'er."

Completely agree. Personally I do like Mahomes a lot including his beautiful wife and family.

However on the football field, I hope before each game he develops a bad case of jock itch and foot fungus. 😉

• bgrbgr Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭

Any call that could determine the outcome of the game should be reviewable. Then they just need to get the reviews correct which is especially difficult in the NFL. Sure sucks when they blow calls like that.

I almost stopped watching football entirely after the Fail Mary debacle.

@perkdog said:
    My take is this, and I say this while admitting that I want the Chiefs to fail only because of the Brady vs Mahomes legacy thing but otherwise I do like Mahomes and think he is solid young man and a HOF'er

hey ya Perkdog...

We can go into further detail through a PM on this....🤣🙃🤣🙃

Trust me...My arms are Ready To Go...💪💪

Though ya gotta stand on my Right Side...You already know my Left Side Weakness...🦵🦵

Later my brother...👍👍

🤣🙃🤣🙃🤣🙃🤣🙃🤣🙃

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    i'll never understand going east-west on 4th & short when you have the best running back in the league. all that decision did was give a Chief time to shoot the gap and blow up Robinson, and whaddya know, it happened. stupid ass play call.

Back to back clear runs was certainly a decision when their line had been getting pushed around most of the game

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• DocBenjaminDocBenjamin Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭

Gambling has cast an eerie spell of each questionable call. Argument was that the players earned too much gelt to cheat.

No so true with the zebras.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DocBenjamin said:
    Gambling has cast an eerie spell of each questionable call. Argument was that the players earned too much gelt to cheat.

No so true with the zebras.

sports gambling should be illegal . I'm fine with bookies though. ill do a weekly card

joe six pack is way to stupid to be allowed to bet easily .
    no form of gambling should be linked to credit or debit cards and the irs shouldn't know about it

we have gone down a really stupid road lately

don't even get me started on legal weed .

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    no form of gambling should be linked to credit or debit cards and the irs shouldn't know about it

Our "government" loves the stupid, drunk and stoned citizens.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

@JoeBanzai said:

@bronco2078 said:

Our "government" loves the stupid, drunk and stoned citizens.

They are easier to control.

• MistlinMistlin Posts: 301 ✭✭✭

It is downright hilarious to see how utterly and totally obsessed everyone is with the Chiefs.

Jealousy is a terrible cologne, folks.

The same people lamenting the coverage the team gets, the same people who complain about the non-stop Taylor/Travis coverage, the same people who rail against the media's obsession with Mahomes are the same people who can't stop talking about all 3.

I do not have time for ignorant trolls.
    ignore list: 1948_Swell_Robinson, Darin, bgr, bronco2078, dallasactuary

• Meanwhile, Renegade Rashee is off to a hot start and no one notices him. :*

My Dad can beat up your Dad.

• DocBenjaminDocBenjamin Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭

@Mistlin said:
    It is downright hilarious to see how utterly and totally obsessed everyone is with the Chiefs.

The same people lamenting the coverage the team gets, the same people who complain about the non-stop Taylor/Travis coverage, the same people who rail against the media's obsession with Mahomes are the same people who can't stop talking about all 3.

We could talk about Nelson Bunker Hunt.

I just saw a poll and every Chiefs fan interviewed, emphatically stated that the Chiefs will go undefeated this season. And that a four-peat, and then a five-peat is imminent, also undefeated.

• pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭

@Mistlin said:

Is that why you keep bring it up.
    You don't want to hear it but you keep bringing it up.

@stevek said:
    I just saw a poll and every Chiefs fan interviewed, emphatically stated that the Chiefs will go undefeated this season. And that a four-peat, and then a five-peat is imminent, also undefeated.

I saw a poll of every Eagles fan interviewed who said they are jealous that Jason Kelce isn't dating Taylor Swift.

• fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭

In regards to the uncalled penalty, didn't the Falcons get the ball back with plenty of time to score and win the game?

The play was definitely pass interference but there are missed calls every single game. The Chris Jones roughing the passer call was just as impactful as it lead to a TD for the Falcons in the 2nd quarter instead of a punt on 4th & 6.

Of course, if the Falcons had kicked the field goal with 4 minutes and 3 timeouts left, instead of going for it on 4th and 5, that final drive they would have just needed to kick a field goal to win. I think the decision not to take the points was what ended up costing them the game.

Robb

🏈🏈🏈...

@DocBenjamin said:

@Mistlin said:

We could talk about Nelson Bunker Hunt.

all that money and it couldnt get the castaways off that island

When you resort to citing a third-tier tabloid rag, you have officially entered into crazytown.

378 comments (and counting). It's official - the Chiefs are living rent-free in every NFL fan's head.

• As has been the case numerous times in the past, one receiver (Kelce) will receive maximum attention while others roam free and have career years. It's already happening. Chiefs haters can say what they want, but their coaches must be giggling with glee as they know their offense will flourish with or without him catching the ball. Then it will revert back later on. Typical NFL.

My Dad can beat up your Dad.

@erikthredd said:

@Mistlin said:
    When you resort to citing a third-tier tabloid rag, you have officially entered into crazytown.

378 comments (and counting). It's official - the Chiefs are living rent-free in every NFL fan's head.

Proclaiming that the Chiefs are living rent-free in every NFL fan’s head is a huge stretch but if there’s one thing from this thread that has become completely obvious at this point it’s stevek is clearly living rent-free in YOUR head. 😂🤣😂

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@Mistlin said:

Proclaiming that the Chiefs are living rent-free in every NFL fan’s head is a huge stretch but if there’s one thing from this thread that has become completely obvious at this point it’s stevek is clearly living rent-free in YOUR head. 😂🤣😂

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Steve is all up in there like...

😎

@erikthredd said:

@Mistlin said:

I live rent-free in your mind, pal. That much is obvious.

@Mistlin said:

@erikthredd said:

@Mistlin said:

I live rent-free in your mind, pal. That much is obvious.

But are we really pals? It’s hard to tell with you people who create Troll accounts just to say all of the crap that you wouldn’t dare say with your real account. That much is obvious.

Imagine being so deluded as to believe people are using alt accounts to post.

You're not that important.

What is important is how utterly jealous all non-Chiefs fans are of the Chiefs. It's glorious to behold how you need them like you need oxygen.

This is excellent. I am joy!

edited September 26, 2024 1:21PM

@Mistlin said:
    Imagine being so deluded as to believe people are using alt accounts to post.

What is important is how utterly jealous all non-Chiefs fans are of the Chiefs. It's glorious to behold how you need them like you need oxygen.

Homie, I’m a Pats fan and with the number of Lombardi’s that franchise has won compared to KC I’m clearly not jealous of shiat. Maybe someday your beloved Chiefs might come close to a 20 year run of dominance like Brady & Belichick just gave New England fans but I doubt it.

Remind me again how many times Patrick Mahomes Chiefs beat Brady in the playoffs? Or how about the number of times Andy Reid beat Belichick in big games that matter? That number is clearly 👌

Jealous my ass 🤣👍

Sure. You're not jealous of the Chiefs. Not at all.

Nope.

@Mistlin said:

Nope.

Has the new American Horror Story with Kelce started streaming yet? I can't explain why, but I really want to see him act.

There's so much great t-shirt content here too.

Instant Classic.

Sad but true.

I live rent-free in your mind, pal.

Oh? Yes Please!

I'm pretty sure that's what most guys are wearing at card shows!

He's not going to be around forever folks, so appreciate Mistlin while he's here.

It's been 6 years since the Patriots last playoff win.

The team is no longer relevant and won't be any time soon.

The Chiefs, meanwhile, as poised for yet another super bowl win.

You guys drink haterade by the GALLON.

@erikthredd said:

@Mistlin said:

Nope.

FACTS

Facts: the new england patriots haven't won a playoff game in coming up on 7 years.
    Facts: the only QB to ever win a super bowl for NE is long gone.
    Facts: the Patriots are irrelevant.

@Mistlin said:
    Facts: the new england patriots haven't won a playoff game in coming up on 7 years.

Look at all of those big words, good for you! 😉👍

@erikthredd said:

@Mistlin said:

Good. Let the hate flow through you. You're probably used to it, with the Patriots looking up from the bottom of the standings for each of the last 6 years.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let’s get the facts straight mistlin!

The 49’ers are the Chiefs bitch, not the Patriots and Brady or Tampa Bay and Brady.
    😳

edited September 26, 2024 3:36PM

P> @Mistlin said:

@erikthredd said:

@Mistlin said:

Good. Let the hate flow through you. You're probably used to it, with the Patriots looking up from the bottom of the standings for each of the last 6 years.

Real funny coming from the guy that spews so much hate, his account is literally on probation at this very moment. Self awareness clearly isn’t your thing.

You clearly seem like the type that needs to get the last word in every time so have at it loser. It’s time for dinner anyways, I tend to work up an appetite when drinking gallons of haterade. Later Misfit!

Let the hate flow through you.

Even when they're bad... they're good.

• pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@Mistlin said:

Nope.

FACTS